Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
some people in a buggy tried to roadkill me, missed, I dropped a prox mine, went prone on it, they ran me over and all 3 died

I promptly fought my way out of the gulag and got my equipment back :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

clutching up for babby's first W

https://i.imgur.com/5amEg9l.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/nk2rgUG.mp4

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

GigaPeon posted:

Did they ever make the Spec Ops mode "good"?

Lol no. It's a series of running from one point to another then standing there for a few minutes while shooting the never-ending hordes of bots that run straight at you with the occasional bullet sponge thrown in the mix.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I didn’t even realize at the time you got a collat to finish it. I thought the third guy was stuck in the building and died.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I didn’t even realize at the time you got a collat to finish it. I thought the third guy was stuck in the building and died.

I think you automatically get a collat if you down one team member and then kill the last one. Because your last bullet technically kills both enemies at once.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Great, the bonus week is almost over and the crash bug is back. Also needs to install shaders literally every time I play.

This is one of most janky games I've ever played... but it's the biggest franchise in the entire industry. :psyduck:

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

skooma512 posted:

Great, the bonus week is almost over and the crash bug is back. Also needs to install shaders literally every time I play.

This is one of most janky games I've ever played... but it's the biggest franchise in the entire industry. :psyduck:

I keep having progress bit count. I’ve been on 4/5 2 Longshot kills with the uzi for 2 days now.

Also APCs don’t spawn now, so i guess that mission is on a back burner.

CitizenKain fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 17, 2020

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

shut up blegum posted:

Can someone give me a good Warzone loadout? I just have a ton of fun load outs I use in the regular MP, but I guess they're not optimal for Warzone.
Like, overkill doesn't matter. Does tracker work? The other perks? What about equipment?

IMO the best loadouts include:

PKM with 200rd belt, Merc Thermal, long barrel, mono suppressor, and whatever foregrip you want for recoil. Overkill with the AUG with 556 conversion. Cold blooded (see thermal) and your choice of tracker or tune up. Whatever lethal you want and heartbeat sensor.

Alternatively: AX/50 or HDR with the big boy thermal, overkill with your choice of AR or shotgun (R9-0) and the same perks.

Had good games yesterday dropping in REALLY far from everyone and just looting enough to get a loadout drop then hopping in a vehicle and skirting the edge of the map picking off teams as they are forced to move in.

Also just found out that doing intel missions let you know where the next circle is going to be. Also also found out that popping 3 UAVs at once gives you AUAV and oner person can buy 3 UAVS and pop them all.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
https://www.infinityward.com/news/2020-03/MW_Patch_Notes_Mar_17

Patch is up, looks like you get credit for a kill if you down an enemy. Also they added solos

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

jerman999 posted:

Patch is up, looks like you get credit for a kill if you down an enemy. Also they added solos

Oh god atlas 24/7 sounds absolutely horrible

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

jerman999 posted:

thank god, i was running no fill the last day or so just tired of dealing with randoms.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
So it seems like there is a general CTD bug on PC version and its not just me? Got the game to play with my roommate (on PS4) and the game crashes enough to be not worth playing - runs fine until it hangs and crashes with no error. Good framerate until the crash, no signs of a problem until it just shuts.

Game and drivers (video and general system) are up to date, scanned game files for errors, etc.

i5-4570K, Nvidia GTX 960, 8gigs ram, so I should be ok to play on medium-low settings?

Do I just have to wait until its fixed?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
How playable is this as a F2P player without a MW account?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

That Italian Guy posted:

Your chosen loadouts will kinda suck for a while because you don't have meatgrinder multiplayer to quickly build up weapon XP. You can level guns at a decent rate in Plunder though. Other than that it should be the same experience.

DoubleAughtMeowMix
May 3, 2006

B33 < Meow what is so funny
I know the answer already, but what's the chance they get servers that are better than 12/tick for MP? It's a little annoying going multiple games against one hit deaths and half my hits not counting.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

So it seems like there is a general CTD bug on PC version and its not just me? Got the game to play with my roommate (on PS4) and the game crashes enough to be not worth playing - runs fine until it hangs and crashes with no error. Good framerate until the crash, no signs of a problem until it just shuts.

Game and drivers (video and general system) are up to date, scanned game files for errors, etc.

i5-4570K, Nvidia GTX 960, 8gigs ram, so I should be ok to play on medium-low settings?

It's really dumb but I've had success renaming the modernwarefare.exe to modernwarefare1.exe AFTER you launch (and then back once I close it). That stopped my crashing, but your mileage may vary.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Why are people taking the converted AUG for into Warzone? It is objectively one of the worst ARs, from almost every standpoint. There is basically no reason to take it over something like the M4 or Grau. The 9mm AUG is a great SMG, but the 5.56 AUG is a trash AR.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

That Italian Guy posted:

No complaints so far

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

Fart Car '97 posted:

Why are people taking the converted AUG for into Warzone? It is objectively one of the worst ARs, from almost every standpoint. There is basically no reason to take it over something like the M4 or Grau. The 9mm AUG is a great SMG, but the 5.56 AUG is a trash AR.

Try it for yourself, it melts people. Highest DPS SMG currently in Warzone. It is not an AR.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

:same:

This week's patch didn't even address it. If anything it made it worse. It was stable for a few days and now it's back to crashing.

Again, this is the biggest franchise in the business and it's just randomly unplayable no matter what you do or what hardware you have. Indie devs in their bedrooms manage to get at least basic stability right. It's baffling.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fart Car '97 posted:

try out the 5.56 for yourself, it shreds in Warzone. I started using it after I was killed by it a few times

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Fart Car '97 posted:

Wrong!

https://youtu.be/LWQOpjSHZmo

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

DPS > TTK

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

I don't know if it was a hotfix in the patch but twice i've laid down to use my Recon Drone and some how killed myself.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

LOL wow, if you spray paint people before you go into the Gulag, the spray paint will still be on that player when they go to fight.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I bought the full game because what else am I gonna do (play the games I already own? pffft). anyway this game is literally taking up half of my 75% of my SSD, what the gently caress Activision

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

acksplode posted:

Your chosen loadouts will kinda suck for a while because you don't have meatgrinder multiplayer to quickly build up weapon XP. You can level guns at a decent rate in Plunder though. Other than that it should be the same experience.

Tto help with that the ffa area before the map start gets weapon xp as does completing quests. They are both good ways of grinding weapons you don't use often

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

Yeah there's a thread on reddit with 20K upvotes about CTD

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/dooal3/pc_crashing_devs/

I thought it was my old card and cpu (970 and i5 4690K) overheating but the temps never exceeded their thresholds.

Turning down unlimited frame rate dropped the load by around 30% but not sure if that'll help you

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Fart Car '97 posted:

Why are people taking the converted AUG for into Warzone?

Jack Frags recommended it in a video.

PC player here just started F2P in WarZone. Is there anyway to turn down the warning sound of the gas moving in? Is it the sound effects slider? Am I going to miss something important if I turn that down? Also, I think I sprint too much, because sprint cancels reloads for me all the time. Do I just have to condition myself not to sprint or do I have another option?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
With whatever small update they did that added solos my brother and I have been getting 1 second stutters on PC and tons of lag. I can understand the lag if the servers are overloaded, but what's with the stutters? As far as I can tell it didn't actually download anything so I cant see why it's happening now.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Jack Frags recommended it in a video.

PC player here just started F2P in WarZone. Is there anyway to turn down the warning sound of the gas moving in? Is it the sound effects slider? Am I going to miss something important if I turn that down? Also, I think I sprint too much, because sprint cancels reloads for me all the time. Do I just have to condition myself not to sprint or do I have another option?

I think it's Sounds effects, yeah. It's really, really jacked in this game by default.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017

Fried Watermelon posted:

Yeah there's a thread on reddit with 20K upvotes about CTD

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/dooal3/pc_crashing_devs/

I thought it was my old card and cpu (970 and i5 4690K) overheating but the temps never exceeded their thresholds.

Turning down unlimited frame rate dropped the load by around 30% but not sure if that'll help you

Yeah I thought it was my computer but temps are fine and there's no sign it's struggling until it quits which is frustrating. No errors or problems after the crash either.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

JaySB posted:

IMO the best loadouts include:

PKM with 200rd belt, Merc Thermal, long barrel, mono suppressor, and whatever foregrip you want for recoil. Overkill with the AUG with 556 conversion. Cold blooded (see thermal) and your choice of tracker or tune up. Whatever lethal you want and heartbeat sensor.

Alternatively: AX/50 or HDR with the big boy thermal, overkill with your choice of AR or shotgun (R9-0) and the same perks.

Had good games yesterday dropping in REALLY far from everyone and just looting enough to get a loadout drop then hopping in a vehicle and skirting the edge of the map picking off teams as they are forced to move in.

Also just found out that doing intel missions let you know where the next circle is going to be. Also also found out that popping 3 UAVs at once gives you AUAV and oner person can buy 3 UAVS and pop them all.

I would add the FAL. It won't be for everyone, but it's worth trying a few times IMO. DPS is high, ROF is good and it stays accurate at pretty long ranges. With 30rd mag you can really spam it too if need be. The only caveat is you really need to have it decently leveled to be worth using in BR. I suck with snipers so it fits me well, if you can snipe like a boss than the HDR or AX-50 is definitely the better choice. You definitely want a close range secondary with a FAL, but it's so easy to find MP7s that I don't use it with overkill.

socialsecurity posted:

Tto help with that the ffa area before the map start gets weapon xp as does completing quests. They are both good ways of grinding weapons you don't use often

I've seen people say that and I'm only ever in the ffa for like 30s, 45 tops. Good for a kill or two but would take forever to level anything.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
loving atlas superstore 24/7, really

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Crustashio posted:

I would add the FAL. It won't be for everyone, but it's worth trying a few times IMO. DPS is high, ROF is good and it stays accurate at pretty long ranges. With 30rd mag you can really spam it too if need be. The only caveat is you really need to have it decently leveled to be worth using in BR. I suck with snipers so it fits me well, if you can snipe like a boss than the HDR or AX-50 is definitely the better choice. You definitely want a close range secondary with a FAL, but it's so easy to find MP7s that I don't use it with overkill.

I've seen people say that and I'm only ever in the ffa for like 30s, 45 tops. Good for a kill or two but would take forever to level anything.

For many new players a kill or two is more then they would get in the actual round.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Not to mention that some of these weapons (e.g. AUG) are loving AWFUL trying to level. I ran around solo for a couple games of plunder, got the drop on a bunch of people, and then they just turned around and killed me because I'm here poking them with 9mm bullets.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

totalnewbie posted:

Not to mention that some of these weapons (e.g. AUG) are loving AWFUL trying to level. I ran around solo for a couple games of plunder, got the drop on a bunch of people, and then they just turned around and killed me because I'm here poking them with 9mm bullets.

Just play a couple games of plunder and focus on doing the missions on the north side of the map. Very few people are deathmatching up there and you can easily get 1st this way. Boring I know... but you get to level up bad guns easily.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Wait, you get weapon XP for doing contracts and poo poo? Or placing?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

That was pretty nice getting booted from the game, booted from battle.net, then told that I'm in queue for a minute, get past the queue and nothing in the client works. Reboot the client and now I'm in line for 8 minutes while friends are in 24 minute lines, even though we all logged in at the same time.

Uh oh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

totalnewbie posted:

Wait, you get weapon XP for doing contracts and poo poo? Or placing?

Both I think. You definitely get them from contracts.