Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
the other thing, which we were able to handshake about successfully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
yea, absolutely no way that pera is scum.

could be 3p, but is absolutely not scum.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

CapitalistPig posted:

This is a post that a scum makes.

##vote pera

I don't like the whole coming in and sniping with a vote in response to a larger post, declaring it a scum post without articulating what makes you think that.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
it's pretty discouraging to actually collab my thoughts on demand and just get slammed for it, so I'm gonna hop out

since flips aren't flipping sometimes, don't hammer me without letting me fullclaim at least

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

peramene posted:

it's pretty discouraging to actually collab my thoughts on demand and just get slammed for it, so I'm gonna hop out

since flips aren't flipping sometimes, don't hammer me without letting me fullclaim at least

See ya?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

slow down there, you got verified as not-scum by someone you got plenty of play.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amnistar posted:

yea, absolutely no way that pera is scum.

could be 3p, but is absolutely not scum.

Ok, why not?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Amni the reason I suddenly silently backed off you and Hum yesterday was because though I had my initial doubts it hit me the possibility was that you two decided to swap claims in order to trick hum into getting to pgo a scum. What you've claimed since is close enough in line with that, but point being once I realized that I figured the most town thing I could do is completely shut up about the matter

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Nep-Nep posted:

I don't like the whole coming in and sniping with a vote in response to a larger post, declaring it a scum post without articulating what makes you think that.

Also that is very much cpig's thing

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

merk posted:

Ok, why not?

Because the action was such that there is no way it could help a scum team. And withholding the action, or using it on a scum buddy, would be the right play for scum.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
pera and Ruggan are the two I feel best about voting for today.

pera's got a number of pro-Town posts and visible actions thus far that can be described as... well, none at all. Day 1 she voted Leith because he was vote leader and then switched to Hunt later explicitly because it was a newer bandwagon to jump on. Day 2 and 3 were more cop-results driven, so harder to say much there but contributions were still minimal and her vote for dmboogie had this air of reluctance to it.

Ruggan's more based on reactions, than actions. Primarily because in terms of actions, he hasn't really gotten any to speak of. Notably he's never cast a vote at all during day 1, and his initial Mona vote at the start of day 2 was immediately contradicted by in the literal next post all of two minutes later calling the case on Mona weak. He's the only person who agreed with Steak's nonsense plan of "not lynching the confirmed scum" and recanted on that when he was pushed back on it by... dmboogie. Still defended not wanting to lynch in spite of that and had a garbage non-case on CPig that boiled down to "he is mean sometimes." D3 he was hyper-defensive when called out by Hum, spent most of the rest of the day throwing shade at Amni and Hum in a "yes but what if it's a scum gambit???" way without any actual argument. When asked for any reason why he thinks they're scummy, at least twice, he straight up avoided answering entirely. And today all he's done of note is start the day by... throwing more shade at Amni.

Before I started writing this, I felt worse about pera mostly because of her D1 votes. But for everything after that, while she's not looked good by any means, Ruggan has looked worse. Amni vouching for her also tempers it a tiny bit, not a lot mind. He's taking a pretty big risk, since that could make him look a lot worse later and even if she's not scum, he fully admits she could be 3p and that's still not great for us either. Would easily switch to her later in the day if it comes to that, but for now I'd rank her as my second choice.

tl;dr ##vote Ruggan

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Amnistar posted:

Because the action was such that there is no way it could help a scum team. And withholding the action, or using it on a scum buddy, would be the right play for scum.

Well, getting town to later confirm you when you haven't been playing much is still helpful to scum. Maybe you are underselling the harmfulness to scum/helpfulness to town? Because getting town to believe in you is a pretty solid play use for most scum things.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
With the towns increased interest in Ruggan, I would like him to confirm his n2 action for me, as much as he is comfortable doing so. I've been hinting around at it but I would like to just settle things now, especially with the body count last night. If I'm correct his n2 action won't give anything away that shouldn't be out there.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I dont think pera is confirmed town, but I think their night actions make me less inclined to tag them as scum. I would rather go after someone else with the same issue of not having any real reads...

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

peramene posted:

Amnistar - I'm terrified I might be supporting a baddie
[quote]

[quote="peramene" post="503387484"]
the other thing, which we were able to handshake about successfully

Amnistar posted:

Presumably this is some kind of inventor setup or equivalent. Feels reasonable. ##unvote

why do you think someone saved your life n2 amnistar?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amnistar posted:

I dont think pera is confirmed town, but I think their night actions make me less inclined to tag them as scum. I would rather go after someone else with the same issue of not having any real reads...

I don't agree. By content, pera is scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

xiw posted:

Presumably this is some kind of inventor setup or equivalent. Feels reasonable. ##unvote

In a role madness game, I will not ever write someone as town based on some action, especially when we have like 5% of the information associated with that action. Follow the content. It says pera is scum.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Is pera the kind of player to sad out after a bit of pressure as scum? The only person I can remember doing that consistency is Ernest and it was always sad.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Nep-Nep posted:

That's okay. You're allowed to not like things.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

peramene posted:

Don't be discouraged pera. I <3 you.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

xiw posted:

I am pretty sure steak tried to kill me and admitted it in thread?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Amnistar posted:

I am pretty sure steak tried to kill me and admitted it in thread?

He did. Said he got roleblocked.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

merk posted:

pera is the reason hum was able to kill a 3rd party last night.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I feel like the claim info in this game is like that simpsons scene with the how to cook for forty humans being and the title being revealed piece by piece as more dust is removed

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

I agree.

##vote: pera

Sorry for the lack of content today y'all, I was distracted by one or two news items and kind of forgot about it.

But yeah I think the post merk called out and the post where she left are pretty bad.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry, perpetual streams of it, i am the dirty rotten knave, the plague of the community, i am become a proper lurker.

Life is just busy. Corona has my city approaching complete lock down. Schools and daycares closed through end of school year with expectation poo poo gets better by August.

Working from home. Trying to maintain the house. Trying to support family who is still grieving from a death. Spread like old, watery jam.

I claimed miller.
Investigations show up as anti-town self-aligned instead of scum.
I have no night action and am pretty much vanilla.
I crumbled the actual mechanical bit of my role pretty heavily d1 during shenanigans.
Trying to catch up but it is difficult. Post volume. Cases established across game days. Etc.

No disrepect meant to players, or Jen, our mostly beneficent mod. Will try to get some proper reads for this game day in about an hour and a half

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I claimed miller.
Investigations show up as anti-town self-aligned instead of scum.

Am I confused about this wording or is this a scum claim?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Nep-Nep posted:

Am I confused about this wording or is this a scum claim?

No, it was pretty straight forward verbiage and not a scum claim.

I don't show up as scum as far as I know. I show up like a 3P.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The only reason I even mentioned it was because someone mentioned it in passing that I didn't reveal what I cop as. /shrug

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
This is also why I took the cop claim on boogie so seriously because I knew I was a miller with pretty much his flip for flavor but Egyptian themed

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Mithross posted:

With the towns increased interest in Ruggan, I would like him to confirm his n2 action for me, as much as he is comfortable doing so. I've been hinting around at it but I would like to just settle things now, especially with the body count last night. If I'm correct his n2 action won't give anything away that shouldn't be out there.

Sure.

My role is effectively a compulsive bodyguard. I also have a special ability that allows me to become invulnerable for that night and the following day.

On Night 2 I used my invulnerability ability and guarded Ixtlilton. Thought was that they would be a likely target given their ability and having been gifted the item the prior day. I like to think I actually blocked a kill as there was only a single vanishing that night, less than the NK and vanish on N1 and the crazy poo poo that happened last night.

I wasn't really worried about dying D2 via execution because my ability would have kept me alive. I breadcrumbed that and Mithross picked up on it.

Not sure what of that Mithross can confirm, but I don't think there's much of a reason for me to use my ability and protect a cop claim without being town. That's my personal defense.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Everyone is significantly more powerful than I am lol

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I would vote Amni today. I would also vote CPig though it might just be their playstyle that pings me.

I would vote Pera as well. The lumpen list was weird and was called out correctly for no scum reads. In particular, I was put off by their soft maybe-town read of me. Felt like distancing.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Ruggan posted:

I would vote Pera as well. The lumpen list was weird and was called out correctly for no scum reads. In particular, I was put off by their soft maybe-town read of me. Felt like distancing.

...Why would she need to distance from you, unless you're both scum...? :thunk:

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Based on the claims and roles we have seen, I refuse to believe AA is actually just a miller.

Ruggan posted:

I would vote Amni today. I would also vote CPig though it might just be their playstyle that pings me.

Why Amni? The Cpig thing is almost certainly his posting style as not much else has happened involving him.

Feel like Pera is the strongest case out of your proposed "would votes" and I read this like you just tagged that part on at the end to show agreement with others saying the same.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Crazyeyes posted:

Based on the claims and roles we have seen, I refuse to believe AA is actually just a miller.

Why Amni? The Cpig thing is almost certainly his posting style as not much else has happened involving him.

Feel like Pera is the strongest case out of your proposed "would votes" and I read this like you just tagged that part on at the end to show agreement with others saying the same.

Well, i do have a passive ability that i hinted heavily. I'm willing to die. I have no active abilities

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ruggan posted:

Dragonatrix posted:

Yeah, distancing is something scum do to each other.....

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ruggan posted:

Not sure what of that Mithross can confirm, but I don't think there's much of a reason for me to use my ability and protect a cop claim without being town. That's my personal defense.

I am convinced Ruggan is town and will not vote for him. His claim is exactly what I expected.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Dragonatrix posted:

bc she knows I'm town and knows I'm a forerunner for today's lunch

cmon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Crazyeyes posted:

Amni because I still have my doubts around the confirmed town masonry claim and the suspicious drip of information that was revealed around the pair's abilities