Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Forced perspective giant canned fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Lidl canned dines in lemon oil, assorted spices, hot sauce, pasta, breadcrumbs. Best drat lunch in a while.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

KO update at the grocery store:

'dines are gone, KO mackerel remain. I just bought the remaining mediterranean KO mackerel tins. Now only lemon mackerel remain

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

PokeJoe posted:

Got some fresh stocks. These are more lemony than the lemon sardines I got a month or so ago

nice slippers

i got my first order from tincanfish - lots of mackerel. i love mackerel

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Back to leftover pasta chat, if its an oil or tomato based sauce you can put the leftover pasta in a skillet with a bit of oil and crisp it up. The noodles will absorb the sauce and get all crispy and delicious. Some people find it a bit dry, but if you like the crispy part of lasagna it will be extremely your jam. My crazy Italian boss taught me to do that, apparently that's what you do with leftover pasta in sicily and you have it for breakfast.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

those slippers are amazing. ll bean wicked good moccasins. very dadly

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

I would like to thank this thread for turning me on to sardines. I have weeks of canned fish stashed away for this current mess.

naem
May 29, 2011

you’re,re welcom’ed

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
just ate a tin of smoked oysters and a tube of Ritz crackers

in bed :getin:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Ritz in bed is extremely cursed. Never not exuding clouds of crumbs. Even if you eat the sleeve at once like a snake there's somehow a cloud of crumbs.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
The whole wheat ones are better about that, in my experience.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

zedprime posted:

Ritz in bed is extremely cursed. Never not exuding clouds of crumbs. Even if you eat the sleeve at once like a snake there's somehow a cloud of crumbs.
If you're going to eat in bed (especially crumbly stuff like Ritz) you might as well get a bed tray & eat over it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I think you all are underestimating just how good at eating I am. I am exceptional at eating.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Android Apocalypse posted:

If you're going to eat in bed (especially crumbly stuff like Ritz) you might as well get a bed tray & eat over it.
I'm not sure a tray would work. I bite a Ritz cracker and turn into a crumb Pigpen. Does this not happen to others?
Aaaaaaaaaghhhhhh

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Android Apocalypse posted:

you're going to have to sweep away crumbs afterword either way and also i'm not a senior citizen and thus dont have whatever betty crocker poo poo a "bed tray" is

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
It's a bed that you use as a tray :colbert:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
listen if I'm high enough to want to eat crackers in bed then there's no way I'm going to find a bed tray to do so with. :colbert:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the apocalypse is here. this is our time.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

poverty goat posted:

I'm thinking of making a pizza on Sunday. No reason it can't have sardines on it!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
All the cheap dines like Beach Cliff were gone from my local store.

Plenty of KO and Reese brand so I did the needful

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Same thing with ammo. There's none of the cheap stuff left, but if you want $1.50-a-round match or specialty ammo, you're set.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

poverty goat posted:

I've made 'dine pizza before, however I must make it aware that I did not cook with the 'dines on them. I just put them on top after. From what I've tasted before in my experience, cooking fish on pizza ruins the pizza flavor for me. The fish flavor overpowers all the other flavors

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

it was fine and there was no fishy flavor bleed but you're accurately describing how I feel about anchovies on pizza

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Put the whole cracker in your mouth instead of biting it. Followed by a sardine and squirting dijon mustard straight into your mouth.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

pahuyuth posted:

All the cheap dines like Beach Cliff were gone from my local store.

Plenty of KO and Reese brand so I did the needful

KO med sardines have been coming with a $1 off three packs coupon under the wrapper

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Dip Viscous posted:

Put the whole cracker in your mouth instead of biting it. Followed by a sardine and squirting dijon mustard straight into your mouth.
Yeah duh we all know how to eat sardines. Somewhere inbetween taking them out of the sleeve and going into my mouth 100 fine crumbs go into orbit around my body before settling on my surroundings seconds later.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Hmm... maybe you could cut down on airborne particles by pouring the 'dine oil down into the sleeve before you start eating.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

zedprime posted:

Yeah duh we all know how to eat sardines. Somewhere inbetween taking them out of the sleeve and going into my mouth 100 fine crumbs go into orbit around my body before settling on my surroundings seconds later.

so what. they'll be gone as soon as your next bi-annual sheet change

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Thank you to whoever posted the Anchoiade video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx7G2xgarc4 which reminded me that I'd been wanting to try those recipes

Anyway, working remotely now and the company keeps sending out e-mails talking about the importance of practicing self-care during a quarantine, so I went ahead and did the needful

The big box is from costco a couple weeks ago. Probably do those 'dines in a marinara pasta sort of thing with some fresh basil.

The rest is from this mornings trip to the bougie part of town to hit up a Whole Foods. I was excited to find the elusive King Oscar brand I keep hearing about.

The mackerel was a quick grab from an asian market last week, not sure how I'm going to prepare that one.

The ventresca de bonito(tuna belly or toro for the sushi lovers) was on sale for $17 so I thought I'd treat myself. No idea what I'm going to do/prepare with it.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
There was a spinach and canned mackerel in tomato sauce soup recipe that was a mainstay of the dine thread years ago. It is super tasty, nutritious and easy.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i quit my job and turned in my work laptop last week. for 3 years i had a single sticker on it covering the apple logo, a king oscar one i got as a prize from their facebook haiku contest. i might put another one on my new job's laptop.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I got laid off and will be starting a new job soon. You have inspired me to put a dine sticker on my next work laptop.

Also, I bought some weird dines in miso paste along with some sort of eel in fermented black bean sauce at the local Chinese grocery market to prep for eating more canned fishies. Any suggestions on how to serve/eat them?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Over rice?

MutantBlue
Jun 8, 2001

No, I don't think I'll ever get over rice. Those wounds run pretty deep.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

PokeJoe posted:

i quit my job and turned in my work laptop last week. for 3 years i had a single sticker on it covering the apple logo, a king oscar one i got as a prize from their facebook haiku contest. i might put another one on my new job's laptop.

lol did you just turn it in with the sticker on it?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

MetaJew posted:

I got laid off and will be starting a new job soon. You have inspired me to put a dine sticker on my next work laptop.

Also, I bought some weird dines in miso paste along with some sort of eel in fermented black bean sauce at the local Chinese grocery market to prep for eating more canned fishies. Any suggestions on how to serve/eat them?

I just ate the eel out of the can with a fork. It was delicious, like BBQ eel you get at a Japanese restaurant but a bit drier. That might have just been the fault of the brand I got though.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

OMGVBFLOL posted:

lol did you just turn it in with the sticker on it?

yes. some lucky soul will inherit the king oscarbook

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I haven't been impressed with canned eel so far. What's the brands y'all are getting?

I'm also wondering if I should heat up these canned eels. Or maybe I don't care for the black bean sauce they're usually packed in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Been eatin’ ‘dines faithfully and with gusto for years but recently, lord have mercy on me, I think I started becoming a mackerel man.