Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

This is 100% just an excuse for them to spend company money rather than it being a ticket they buy themselves and have to explain to their wives/partners. I'll still listen but I think it's dumb. Hopefully I'm wrong and it'll somehow be worth it.

What "company money"? Don't they all have day jobs? Unless you mean them telling their wives "it's for the show!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

AceOfFlames posted:

What "company money"? Don't they all have day jobs? Unless you mean them telling their wives "it's for the show!"

Yeah the latter. I was referring to the Patreon income.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Also, like, the other band on that card is actually good

I was almost tempted to go when I thought it was gonna be Korn, FNM and Helmet, because that's two bands I like and also Korn, but then Helmet dropped out and I decided against it

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

AceOfFlames posted:

I think they do have an LLC now or something that the Patreon, live show, and ad revenue goes into.

They can also probably write off their tickets in their taxes.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1236468131847168000?s=20

I didn't know this was happening and I want so badly to listen to it but . . . god it's hard to muster up the energy to watch it again even on a reduced volume.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I was under the impression that they thought it was kind of fine, but I hope they'll tear into it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Cael posted:

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1236468131847168000?s=20

I didn't know this was happening and I want so badly to listen to it but . . . god it's hard to muster up the energy to watch it again even on a reduced volume.

I.... I wanna say I'll be able to do this, but holy hell that movie is a slog to get through. It's not as bad as BvS, but it's just not good. I need to go stock up on edibles and maybe with all this corona business going on I'll be able to WFH and kill some time with this.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Why does Law Abiding Citizen only show up on Headgum and not the main site?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Why does Law Abiding Citizen only show up on Headgum and not the main site?

Not sure but I've always found the main site to be bizarrely slow to put up new episodes compared to other sites where they're hosted.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

'Ey, pally! The new episode of We Hate Movies is on the Charles Bronson flick Death Wish 4: The Crackdown. Frankly I was surprised the WHM guys didn't lose it at the villain gets evaporated by a grenade round after killing Kersey's lady friend. And you'll never guess how many acting credits Danny Trejo has!

Next week is the time travelling movie A Sound of Thunder.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The guys quoting Donnie Darko in their Bronson impressions had me laughing so drat hard :lol:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

God the whole tangent about upselling movie theater popcorn going into the couple debating the membership card might be one of my favorite tangents ever. Steve's "What if a guy in a huge cowboy hat came in..." loving killed me.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I can't believe Eric would abandon his best friend Mr. Popcorn :smith:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pops Mgee posted:

I can't believe Eric would abandon his best friend Mr. Popcorn :smith:

He hasn't abandoned his other best friend Dr. Pepper yet, has he? :ohdear:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

DoubleCakes posted:

'Ey, pally! The new episode of We Hate Movies is on the Charles Bronson flick Death Wish 4: The Crackdown.

Aw yeah, love their shows about old time schlock.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The ending is one of my favorites:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L38d8P6Y8rU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The guys are going remote and for the time of their social distancing they are starting up a FREE podcast about some 90's television shows.

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1239625877434007552

DoubleCakes fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 16, 2020

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DoubleCakes posted:

The guys are going remote and for the time of their social distancing they are starting up a FREE podcast about some 90's television shows.

Makes sense that they'd go remote since most (all?) of them use public transit almost exclusively

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Yeah while I love the energy being in the studio brings them, I’d rather they stay safe and minimize how much they need to use the subway or walk through the crowds in the city. It’s all good.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Why couldn't they just all move in together over the course of the quarantine???

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Then the last 90s sitcom they talk about could be the one they were living!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I was listening to the Ferris Bueller WLM episode today and I think I figured out the Ferris/Jeannie age conundrum. The question being: Why does Jeannie behave so much like she's Ferris' older sister when Ferris is a senior and she's still in high school with him?

What my theory pre-supposes is: Jeannie is Ferris' older sister, by about a year. At some point early in elementary school, Ferris scammed or charmed his way into skipping a grade. This explains how they can both be seniors at the same time, and also why Jeannie bears such resentment toward him. She's been unduly forced to share the spotlight with him ever since second or third grade.

I'll expect my No-Prize in the mail.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

DoubleCakes posted:

Confirmed on Twitter that one of the '90s Fox shows covered will be Beverly Hills 90210. My guess for the other one is Martin. :v:

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Pops Mgee posted:

Why couldn't they just all move in together over the course of the quarantine???

Only if they paint a mural of the four of them on a wall.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Pops Mgee posted:

And adopt a baby

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Marin Karin posted:

Only if they paint a mural of the four of them on a wall.

“oh lord, Joe, now they’ve started a podcast. you gotta put a stop to this...”

Violator
May 15, 2003

SilentChaz posted:

Confirmed on Twitter that one of the '90s Fox shows covered will be Beverly Hills 90210. My guess for the other one is Martin. :v:

It should be Martin and Living Single if they had any class or dignity!!!

But I'm not a huge fan of them covering comedies because it's jokes about jokes?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
It can't not be the x files and Buffy.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Calaveron posted:

It can't not be the x files and Buffy.

X-Files would be awesome.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

They need to do an episode or two of Married With Children, but the ones when they shoe horned in Seven for like 10 episodes and then killed him off and stuck him on the side of a milk carton.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I am just now realizing that the KoRncast might be in jeopardy
:ohdear:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

dorium posted:

They need to do an episode or two of Married With Children, but the ones when they shoe horned in Seven for like 10 episodes and then killed him off and stuck him on the side of a milk carton.

If this is a crossover with the girl from Stranger Things I'm very onboard.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I watched A Sound of Thunder yesterday and I'm really looking forward to this episode, it is absolutely one of the dumbest things I've watched in a long time.
I had also watched Hobbes&Shaw before that ep, and it was just a million hours of boring action scenes. ASoT on the other hand is very short and very funny.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

hobbes & shaw is a funny one because i never watched that movie, but i still knew every single scene they talked about. the trailer really does show you the entire movie

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
When Chris said he’d like to take the Dahmer package and Eric of all people said “oh come on” I loving lost it.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

THIs is the part where I admit that I got Ed Burns and Ed Harris confused and had a very surreal podcasting experience.

Would have been a better movie.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I know the boys love Alamo, and I will take literally every opportunity to poo poo on it, so here you go:

https://twitter.com/virtuaIvirgo/status/1239825095918583808

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

I think Alamo were saying their owned locations were getting employee compensation, but they did not have control over franchised locations.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

There's just so little to the plot of A Sound of Thunder they were inevitably going to fall down these drawn out (but hilarious) tangents. Stephen playing that Tom Petty song :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Dirdles was amazing.