Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Looper posted:

i never noticed any lost izalith stuff in dark souls 2! or much ds1 stuff at all besides ornstein and the broken lordvessel. so that's cool and now i wanna play ds2 again

the world of ds2 is the world of ds1 but more twisted by the joker and time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ariong posted:

Never preorder poo poo, no matter how much you値l think you値l like it. Paying today for something you値l get in whatever number of months is for suckers, regardless of how good it ends up being.

Personal Anecdote: I preordered Dark Souls 2, put it down after a couple hours, never got into it until years later when Scholar of the First Sin came out. So, there痴 a game I like a lot and still should never have preordered.

EDIT: Oh, and it also came with some preorder goodies that I literally cannot remember in the slightest. I think one of them was a really boring comic?

I want to play the new doom on Friday though

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Don't preorder dlc dumbass.

you're not the boss of me LIVE AMMO COSPLAY

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Macaluso posted:

Get out of there Reggie don't save this poo poo

It's okay. He doesn't start till late April, the Gamespot issue will have resolved itself by then.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I said come in! posted:

IS IT NOT THE MIDDLE OF MARCH???? :psyduck: The world is so weird this year.

Lousy smarch weather

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

i never noticed any lost izalith stuff in dark souls 2! or much ds1 stuff at all besides ornstein and the broken lordvessel. so that's cool and now i wanna play ds2 again

Ah

It's in the Ivory King dlc. You find out that the Ivory King built his throne atop what is not so subtly shown to be the Bed of Chaos all with the intent of keeping his people safe and protected from it. Even the fragment of Manus that came by to steal his power ended up falling for him and realizing there is more to life than being born as the power-hungry fragment of whatever Manus is and the end of the DLC has you rounding up a few of the Ivory King's knights so that you can take a massive dive into the Old Chaos where you and the knights battle the Izalith-tainted knights and the burnt Ivory King who sacrificed themselves so long ago to try to destroy the Chaos or at least hold it back long enough to keep the people and the queen of the kingdom safe.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I said come in! posted:

IS IT NOT THE MIDDLE OF MARCH???? :psyduck: The world is so weird this year.

Normal never existed.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I知 not sure about animal crossing, will I like it if:
- I have no friends
- I like Harvest Moon-likes
- I知 into Fashion Souls
- I have Gamer OCD (I like things organized and symmetrical in my creation games)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yes

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It should be illegal for you to have that avatar if you haven't played Animal Crossing

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I thought Isabelle was from doom

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

6 1/2 hours to go

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Jay Rust posted:

- I have no friends
- I知 into Fashion Souls
- I have Gamer OCD (I like things organized and symmetrical in my creation games)

How can you say you have no friends here, of all places?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

there's this boulder in getting over it

and every every every every single time i get to it again after falling

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The store I work at got robbed tonight though I'm at home and my wife is sick with an ear infection and the doctors told her to do two weeks quarantine and me also

I have two tiny shifts this week and I was umming and ahhing but gently caress that I'm hunkering down

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
the horns in the OG ROTT midis are the height of video game music

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
ninety nine nights also had some loving rocking music

https://youtu.be/3PrhGbXZkfU

that game also owned even if i could never beat the final boss as Iphyy

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Songbearer posted:

The store I work at got robbed tonight though I'm at home and my wife is sick with an ear infection and the doctors told her to do two weeks quarantine and me also

I have two tiny shifts this week and I was umming and ahhing but gently caress that I'm hunkering down

Always

to survive.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh holy crap I had no idea a sequel to Enter the Gungeon just dropped out of nowhere

Bought so hard

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I’m not sure about animal crossing, will I like it if:
- I have no friends
- I’m into Fashion Souls
you will have friends, all your animal neighbors. also it's a game that is literally about dressing up and organizing your house

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

precision posted:

Oh holy crap I had no idea a sequel to Enter the Gungeon just dropped out of nowhere

Bought so hard

Always watch nintendo directs!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

idk why people are playing Animal Crossing at midnight when it unlocks though

everything will be closed!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

No, shops are 24/7 now.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

yeah, also why would I want to wake up tom nook and isabelle and whoever so i can move in in the middle of the night. that's kinda rude

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm at least going to get the opening half hour or so out of the way, which operates outside of real time.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

there's this boulder in getting over it

and every every every every single time i get to it again after falling

still laughing at this lol

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

My copy of Doom is set to arrive on Saturday, which I guess I can accept considering the state of everything right now.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

if you play before 5am it counts as a different day cos thats the roll over point makes u think

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Kerrzhe posted:

can't believe they gave the cacodemons arms

what's next, legs???

it's a slippery slope man

they have legs, not arms

pain elementals do have arms though

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I said come in! posted:

No, shops are 24/7 now.

Yeah, shops and buildings actually get more restrictive times the more civilization and capitalism you bring to the island.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jay Rust posted:

- I have no friends
- I知 into Fashion Souls

you don't need friends to enjoy animal crossing

however, its not really like harvest moon. There's very little to no farming or activities like that. There is a sort of slow management game where you improve your house and stuff, but its not as deep as harvest moon or stardew valley.

Animal Crossing is this weird game that's like almost not even a game. Its maximum chill, but little gameplay. Its a neighborhood you pop into daily to check out which animals are visiting and say hi to them and get presents.

Does that sound fun to you?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1240784730854957059

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Normal never existed.

Normal is what everyone else is, and you aren't.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I feel like any Gamestop employee is guaranteed to have Corona at this point considering the size of those stores and the general cleanliness of the clientele.

High price to pay for Animal Crossing.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

PantsBandit posted:

I feel like any Gamestop employee is guaranteed to have Corona at this point considering the size of those stores and the general cleanliness of the clientele.

High price to pay for Animal Crossing.
EVO is still planning to go on this summer, lol

imagine coronavirus + smash bros hygiene

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Honestly I hope this does kill Gamestop. They have been squatting in that market spinning their wheels for like a decade at this point. Time for it to end so other places can fill in the gaps and do it better.

The 7th Guest posted:

EVO is still planning to go on this summer, lol

imagine coronavirus + smash bros hygiene

That would honestly be a disaster and I bet they cancel it if corona isn't receding at least a little once the weather turns. It would be a huge PR hit if they went forward with it while it's still spreading.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The new Overwatch character is just Kirby but a sexy lady robot and she doesn't even eat the other players to gain an ability from them.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
So she痴 a Mega Man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Kirby but a sexy lady

Finally, Kirbette's time