Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Y'all, the entire world is being swept by a virus that is the common cold with a human killswitch installed, the Western economy, China is rising to become the sole superpower of the 21st century...

...and I'm SO loving MAD ABOUT STAR TREK FOR gently caress SAKE!

Edit: best snipe of my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
When the Borg cube showed up I thought some poo poo was going down but now it was face down in the dirt like 2 minutes later. Picard said "I'm dying but shut the gently caress up fam" and everykne made it so. Next minute they go for a nice walk and find the borg are busy trying to make lunch. Then they find robo paradise then Soong Jr. turns up and says "bro I look like fat Data lmao".

What the hell is this show.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

snickothemule posted:

bad

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Borg cube got owned by pacifist space flowers that didn't have any weapons or shields.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I can't remember, did they even try to shoot the space flowers? Those things look like they'd go down easy.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Shaocaholica posted:

Borg cube got owned by pacifist space flowers that didn't have any weapons or shields.

It's too bad that Galoob isn't still making Micro Machines so that I could get a Micro Machines space flower

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

snickothemule posted:

Wait until fat Data swaps Picard's mind over to the bot hes working on.

He's going to Battle Alita gently caress up the Romulan sister.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Tip posted:

I can't remember, did they even try to shoot the space flowers? Those things look like they'd go down easy.

No they threw their hands up and then curled up into balls on the floor

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
They came outta nowhere!

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I like how when the little tiny nimble romulan ship starts shooting at them their ship immediately does a barrel roll to avoid the bolts but the flowers show up and its drawn out over like 2 minutes of screen time and they just sit there doing nothing.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

They had to scan them duuuude

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

They also apparently burn with fire so seems like one arc of phasers would have been worth a shot, but I guess they cut power and nothing uses batteries anymore and it disabled all backups.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Why do they keep calling non synths 'organics' when in fact the synths are organic?

I guess the female synths are all made with the vagene down there like in Ex Machina. Even the gold painted ones.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Shaocaholica posted:

Why do they keep calling non synths 'organics' when in fact the synths are organic?

Not-data also was like, "Get this man a glass of water! Us organics get thirsty, we're not all machines!"

What? Machines? And they don't drink water? I'm pretty sure the writers never decided what a synth is and they just wing it from episode to episode. Sometimes they're like Data, sometimes they're exactly like a person, sometimes they're somewhere in between.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Tip posted:

Not-data also was like, "Get this man a glass of water! Us organics get thirsty, we're not all machines!"

What? Machines? And they don't drink water? I'm pretty sure the writers never decided what a synth is and they just wing it from episode to episode. Sometimes they're like Data, sometimes they're exactly like a person, sometimes they're somewhere in between.

He was referring to old dudes I think.

I'm still getting over the clip of Discovery I saw on the RLM review, apparently the main character dons an anime angel space suit at some point. Like, I'd be mad but ok if Star Trek did something I didn't like if it actually meant something, but it's just random plasticky visual ideas since the first Abrams movie.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
If synths are so completely indistinguishable from humans that Dahj’s bf couldn’t even tell she was a robot, what would be the point of making them? Just have a baby, it’s easier. Data was a unique lifeform with a different way of looking at the world. Until plot happened, Dahj and the other one were just lovely boring teenagers. What’s the motivation

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

https://twitter.com/sothmanigan/status/1241078696032833537?s=21

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I tried reading this and literally all I could do is scream "WATCH THE EXPANSE" because jesus gently caress this was miserable

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Is there any precedent for just teaching yourself to Vulcan mind meld?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Is there any precedent for just teaching yourself to Vulcan mind meld?

It's like the Chronicles of Riddick copypasta but you're slamming in a VHS tape of Spock mind melding someone instead.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

well I'm glad i'm not the only one who enjoyed I, Robot as a kid. who cares if it's not like the Asimov stories??

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

The whole Borg thing is so poorly written and ultimately unrelated to the main plot it's like they had to have a legal amount of Borg in the show to get a tax credit.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's going to end with a super borg cube the size of the sun turning up for no reason to shoot lasers everywhere.

Picard will turn into Locutus again for some vaguely defined reason and ram the super borg cube with thousands of regular sized borg cubes, leading to his heroic death.

Some minor character with no character development turns out to be the main protagonist all along and is set up for season 2.

Season 2 never gets produced.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ending 2:

Completely out of money for the final episode the actors turn up to work in their personal attire. They get driven to the first empty bit of desert outside city limits and pretend they're on the distant exotic world of Xanthuor. Or Xergon. Something with an X.

They film a wild west themed episode using a seemingly abandoned service station as the location without permission from the owner. All laser/phaser shooting has the guns held slightly off camera so they don't have to call back the VFX person they let go the previous week. Synths all look a bit off because they're down to doing their own make-up now since that artist was also let go and they don't have enough gold skin to go around, plus some of the eye contacts went missing.

Picard dies from snake bite tragically. Completely co-incidentally Patrick Stewart hasn't been seen in public since.

Season 2 never gets produced.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Mar 21, 2020

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

This utterly fails to explain why each episode feels like it was handled by five different writers handling one scene each.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

When Picard gave that big speech about how he'll convince Star Fleet to overturn the synth ban it really showed off the character's "self doubt, self-examination, recognition of ones limitations and shortcomings".

Oh wait no, it made Picard look like a loving idiot who hadn't been paying attention for the last 9 episodes. I half expected that Star Fleet admiral to show up in the crowd and say, "Shut the gently caress up!" again.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
There should be a show called Star Trek: Kirk.

It should be about him going around and macking on green skinned Orion chicks. That'd fuckin rule.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Kirk is 100% the better Captain than Picard. He doesn't let things like the Prime Directive or space STDs get in the way of a good time.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Every episode of ST:Kirk has the opener with him getting out of somebody else's bed.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

With all the other characters talking to Picard like “Aww geez Picard, got in trouble again eh? Who is it this time? You run your mouth again, huh? Which admiral did you piss off this time you old scoundrel????” I wouldn’t be surprised if all the writers mixed up Picard and Kirk and then just ran with it when their homework was due

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Ed Mercer is the more inspiring Captain now, prove me wrong.

I haven't watched the latest episode with my neighbors yet and I kinda don't wanna.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Trash posted:

With all the other characters talking to Picard like “Aww geez Picard, got in trouble again eh? Who is it this time? You run your mouth again, huh? Which admiral did you piss off this time you old scoundrel????” I wouldn’t be surprised if all the writers mixed up Picard and Kirk and then just ran with it when their homework was due

he is movie picard

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Rutibex posted:

he is movie picard

Nooooo! *smashes a glass case with the butt of a phaser rifle*

matti
Mar 31, 2019

i've really enjoyed this show

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
The Kirk show should feature Bill Shatner breaking the 4th wall to insult the viewer.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I like it well enough but Discovery is better.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

doctorfrog posted:

Nooooo! *smashes a glass case with the butt of a phaser rifle*

Better writing than the bulk of the series so far

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

happyhippy posted:

Every episode of ST:Kirk has the opener with him getting out of somebody else's bed.

DreadLlama posted:

The Kirk show should feature Bill Shatner breaking the 4th wall to insult the viewer.
Shatner directed an episode of the short-lived Tales from the Crypt spinoff Perversions of Science where Kevin Pollak plays a parody of Kirk, that's what these ideas remind me of. Bill shows up in it too, and he cast his own daughter as the love interest. This being classic boobs-and-blood HBO it's pretty awkward, but still the best episode of the show by miles and miles. And I'd rather watch it than Picard any day.

:nws:for naked robots, :nms:for icky casting.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

wesleywillis posted:

It should be about him...

drowning green skinned Orion chicks in his swimming pool. Because why the gently caress not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

wesleywillis posted:

It should be about him going around and macking on green skinned Orion chicks. That'd fuckin rule.

it seems like most of the women he hooked up with were old flames so i would watch a whole series on his exes