Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1241283467666771971

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1241283092117172224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
So the new operation will come with the blueprints for the "Basmu", a sentient rifle.
Man, this is the first time I've ever been dissapointed with a sentient gun.
The thing is literally an Acceltra, with the altfire of one of the crappiest weapons in the game the Convectrix.
I held off on judging it since their showcase was said to be work in progress, but with the announcement it's confirmed.
Shame too, it looks cool as gently caress, but beam shotguns peaked with the Phantasma, going BACK from there seems like a hilariously bad idea.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
At a certain point they're going to run out of ways to shoot stuff and we're going to start seeing some Enter the Gungeon poo poo.

Just see Steve sitting in a dev stream sloshed, while slurring out random poo poo. "Uhhh, gently caress, this gun shoots rainbows, this one fires other guns, this one, poo poo, this one fires black holes that explode into gas clouds, I call it my rear end (laughs for 5 solid minutes, alone), this one is just the top gun on a Rail jack, other players have to load themselves in before you fire."

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Sample_text posted:

it looks cool as gently caress

I was unaware of anything more important than this.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Every time I use a k drive, the final fantasy chocobo mazurka plays through my head. I wish I could make this an in game reailty.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
They should take a good look at Earth Defence Force if they need ideas for guns. We have precious few laser-drills, guided rockets or giant anime decoys and even less air-strikes or giant mechanical punching fist spears.

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

Let us use knux as regular melee de!

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
I've been playing this since Nyx Prime access. I used to collect all the things, max out all the guys.

But I've hit this point where it just feels like a chore? I'm several primes behind now because I can't force myself to spend all the time grinding void traces, grinding relics, popping relics, not getting the part, and restarting. Railjack building was a bunch of busywork. Liches aren't challenging, they're just grindy. The Eidolons and British Spider Mom are fun? Disruption is okay? But the rest of the gameplay's just gone stale in my mouth?

I feel like combat got to a point where it's pass/fail--either you can kill everything on screen effortlessly, or you're being ravaged horribly and you can't stay alive. I swear I remember playing with careful positioning and aiming and power uses at one point and winning felt earned, but now it's all--click, wave disappears. Unless you go high enough level where if you don't use the few correct builds you disappear. I don't really feel challenged, I don't feel engaged, I feel like I'm pulling the lever on a skinner box but it's stopped dropping rewards entirely.

I think I'm only playing out of pressure of FOMO nowadays. Hurry up and get railjack skills up--hurry up and get the primes before they're gone--hurry up and do your Nora dailies before it's gone--max out the new operation before it's gone--out of some sense of obligation rather than fun.

Is there anything to get the love back, or is it just time to move on?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a game, not a job. go play something else, and maybe come back at some later date if you feel like it.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Yeah sounds like a good point to take a break.

I've done almost anything you can in the game (that i care for) and I still get a kick out of flashy spectacles of shooting men or playing Dynasty Warriors Force of Nature or tinkering with fashionframe, and all the complex bells and whistles of overlapping checkbox systems are just optional means to that end, nothing more. There's far more specific games i go to if i want the loop of overcoming a genuinely rewarding challenge or go through unpredictable tension of pvp opponents. Variety is important.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Mar 21, 2020

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Excalibur, upon realizing this isn't already a weapon:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Cursed_Lotus

Malah
May 18, 2015

Take that poo poo to the cursed images thread

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
get
the gently caress
out

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Screaming Idiot fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Mar 21, 2020

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

I love Ordis's voice actor and hope they never quit.

"Not much of a trick for Ordis, is it?"

"Oh, how scandalous! Alad's system has a back door!"

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Also I want to fight Hunhow with giant Ordis and Simaris again.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

central dogma posted:

I love Ordis's voice actor and hope they never quit.

"Not much of a trick for Ordis, is it?"

"Oh, how scandalous! Alad's system has a back door!"

Upload Ordis into a warframe.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
uuuuuhhhh wtf is this. Did I hit a rank cap on the NW intermission? A CAP ON THE 1/3 YEAR LONG INTERMISSION?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
probably, yeah

if I remember right they've raised the cap at least once or twice before, so welcome to the new one

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

Upload Ordis into a warframe.

DE let me sacrifice my operator and be a Cephalon instead PLEASE

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

For the past several days I've been getting Archmelee weapons as my login rewards. What did I do to deserve this?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

central dogma posted:

DE let me sacrifice my operator and be a Cephalon instead PLEASE

this but IRL

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

For the past several days I've been getting Archmelee weapons as my login rewards. What did I do to deserve this?

I'm sorry but WHAT

Psion posted:

probably, yeah

if I remember right they've raised the cap at least once or twice before, so welcome to the new one

I guess I just don't understand the thought process on a rank cap of a system where each rank gives you a piddly 15 points. There's no game breaking that's ever going to occur by just leaving it open.

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 22, 2020

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

And so the rich get richer

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Raptor1033 posted:

I'm sorry but WHAT

Login rewards can include blueprints for items that you haven't fully mastered yet, be those any weapon (including the otherwise unobtainable Machete) or base warframe blueprints.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Raptor1033 posted:

I guess I just don't understand the thought process on a rank cap of a system where each rank gives you a piddly 15 points. There's no game breaking that's ever going to occur by just leaving it open.

It's 60+ ranks cap now, or 90 ranks total.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

One of the login rewards can be a BP from the store you don't have mastered. I got a Sibear, and after hitting 28, 2 forma.

I needed those forma BPs...

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Hey, I got %50 off my next market purchase, what can you guys suggest I buy?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Worst frame to farm is Harrow by a lot, so that's something.

Nidus has his quest be a nightmare and a half but you can cheese that, and the farming is just boring.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Naw, I've already made all the Warframes. I've bought a couple too, but I've unlocked the entire roster of standard frames and a lot of the prime ones as well.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Shamrock color pallette

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Billy Gnosis posted:

Shamrock color pallette

do you think i am made of credits or something my dude

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

Buy a deluxe skin pack for a frame you never use.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Roombas.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Screaming Idiot posted:

Octavia instruments? A thingy, I forget the name, the big table dioramas for your quarters (you can use discounts for those, but only if you buy them from the right menu iirc.)

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
When I get a 50%, I usually use it on mid price level things like syndanas, cat armor, octavia instruments, weapon or frame skins, etc.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I thought there was always a negative modifier on a riven. Am I missing something here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

prefect posted:

I thought there was always a negative modifier on a riven. Am I missing something here?

There is not always a negative modifier on a riven. People just like to have them because they boost the other modifiers, and might do absolutely nothing negative.