Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan
https://i.imgur.com/ASlCVRQ.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Not impressed unless it'll crush a full, unopened can.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

evil_bunnY posted:

I mean good reflexes I guess but that truck has no business going that fast past a stopped bus to begin with, and the bus driver should never let kids cross behind his vehicle.

The truck doesn't look like it was going that fast from the video, and based on the length of its emergency stop.

The bus had no business letting passengers off at what seems like an undesignated stop, and then disengaging the hazard lights before the disembarked passengers have left the area.

"I mean, good reflexes" in this case is supremely understated, because the truck driver bringing their rig to a stop is a testament to attention and the ABS on commercial trucks these days.
The truck initiates the emergency stop almost exactly at the delineator post, and then comes to a full stop at what seems like one full truck length later. Max rig length is 18,75m, so assuming the full break distance was ~20m, the truck was probably going well under 80 kph.

That driver is literally trucklefucker-Jesus and saved a goddamn life that day.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i like how some of the gears have been worn down to a slight rosette shape

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

evil_bunnY posted:

I mean good reflexes I guess but that truck has no business going that fast past a stopped bus to begin with, and the bus driver should never let kids cross behind his vehicle.

Sometimes a kid getting in trouble doing something stupid is just the kid's fault.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Kids and drivers are not to be trusted which is why schoolbus SOP for crossing 2 lane roads is full stop for all traffic and the bus driver waves the kids across when they are sure all traffic is stopped. Removes most doubt although you can't remove all doubt when it comes to kids and drivers. At least it removes the situation where you will 100% one day get creamed like the situation in the picture.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

lol at bus drivers giving a poo poo for their passengers after they left the bus. And also while they're inside the bus.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The truck doesn't look like it was going that fast from the video, and based on the length of its emergency stop.

The bus had no business letting passengers off at what seems like an undesignated stop, and then disengaging the hazard lights before the disembarked passengers have left the area.

"I mean, good reflexes" in this case is supremely understated, because the truck driver bringing their rig to a stop is a testament to attention and the ABS on commercial trucks these days.
The truck initiates the emergency stop almost exactly at the delineator post, and then comes to a full stop at what seems like one full truck length later. Max rig length is 18,75m, so assuming the full break distance was ~20m, the truck was probably going well under 80 kph.

That driver is literally trucklefucker-Jesus and saved a goddamn life that day.

IIRC, that truck had auto-braking but the driver mashed the brakes before it even kicked in. The driver hit them first and the truck applied max braking force right after.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
"wait until the bus is gone and you can see the road" is Australian rules for kids, at least 30 years ago when I was one.

Seems safer to me than "people are supposed to stop because we tell them to"

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

LookieLoo posted:

What's the bus driver going to do? Reverse?

My kid's driver makes sure that the kids cross in front of the bus so he can see them. He' also blocks cross streets and will stop kitty-corner to make sure that no-one can get around him.

Good reflexes by the trucker. Bad decision making though. Kids are stupid and will run out in front of you if given half a chance.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

mostlygray posted:

My kid's driver makes sure that the kids cross in front of the bus so he can see them. He' also blocks cross streets and will stop kitty-corner to make sure that no-one can get around him.

Good reflexes by the trucker. Bad decision making though. Kids are stupid and will run out in front of you if given half a chance.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
kitty corner is that thing cats do where they sit upright in the corner of the couch and fall asleep with their lil faces in their tum fluff

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

starkebn posted:

"wait until the bus is gone and you can see the road" is Australian rules for kids, at least 30 years ago when I was one.

Seems safer to me than "people are supposed to stop because we tell them to"
Still is. As I recall buses even have signs on the back telling people not to cross behind the bus.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's a stupid way of saying "the diagonally opposite corner." not as stupid as calling that corner "catty-wampus" though, which is also a thing.

in this context i guess it means the driver parks the bus diagonally in an intersection so both directions are blocked

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
I bought a wall calendar of vintage Canadian travel posters and this month's image is creeping me out.

Now, even allowing for 1920's attitudes about pollution the emphasis on the black smoke is a little strange. But it's a lot worse if you know what happened to the Noronic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBeTe2vUXcw

Elderly former policeman in video - "and that's why I stay away from the Horticultural Building when I go the Ex".

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Sagebrush posted:

it's a stupid way of saying "the diagonally opposite corner." not as stupid as calling that corner "catty-wampus" though, which is also a thing.

in this context i guess it means the driver parks the bus diagonally in an intersection so both directions are blocked

As far as I know, catty wampus means everything is all messed up.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Duzzy Funlop posted:

assuming the full break distance was ~20m, the truck was probably going well under 80 kph.
I don't know what world you live in where crossing a stopped bus at anywhere even near that speed isn't full on reckless

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Mar 22, 2020

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

evil_bunnY posted:

I don't know what world you live in where crossing a stopped bus at anywhere even near that speed isn't full on reckless

In Europe, where there are pretty clear-cut rules about when you can or cannot pass a bus and which speeds you may do this? :shrug:

The bus was stopped at a non-designated stop on a rural road, had it's hazard lights off and the turning light on way before the kids had cleared the area (another big ol' no-no for commercial bus drivers), and the kids stormed across the street ignoring all traffic rules and logic.
The truck appears to have been going well below the speed limit (I mentioned "well under 80kph" as quick napkin-math to eyeball the braking distance and its rough speed), which is even clearer in the video on YT.

A kid's life got saved by a trucker who was already going below the speed limit and then had lightning-fast reactions, I'm not entirely sure why we're making GBS threads on them so hard in here?

Be happy, kid's gonna grow up to have a life :)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

A kid's life got saved by a trucker who was already going below the speed limit and then had lightning-fast reactions, I'm not entirely sure why we're making GBS threads on them so hard in here?

I thought we were making GBS threads on the bus driver?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bad earthquake happened in Croatia.

https://i.imgur.com/fng8hRj.mp4

https://www.foxnews.com/world/croatia-earthquake-shakes-capital-zagreb-damaging-buildings.amp

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I'm nude da ba dee da ba daa
Da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Fornax Disaster posted:

I bought a wall calendar of vintage Canadian travel posters and this month's image is creeping me out.

Now, even allowing for 1920's attitudes about pollution the emphasis on the black smoke is a little strange. But it's a lot worse if you know what happened to the Noronic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBeTe2vUXcw

Elderly former policeman in video - "and that's why I stay away from the Horticultural Building when I go the Ex".

She was most likely coal fired, so yeah black smoke.
Her sister ship Hamonic burned a few years before, but only one person died.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/tWGg6.gifv

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

In the apocalypse, this is how they will execute people. Tickets will be sold for people to be on the train to watch.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
haha nooooo dont kill myself train-senpai ur soooooo kawaii

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
:chloe:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

For some reason this makes me think of two old people pinching a child's cheeks.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/TeazK7K.gifv
:killdozer:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

This one is America as gently caress. "Don't force me to fire you because you got VD."

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Something something trolley problem.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Has anyone heard from A Sweaty Fatbeard?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

posting this in OSHA bc it's harbor freight but it's a nice move

norton I
May 1, 2008

His Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton I

Emperor of these United States

Protector of Mexico

Cartoon Man posted:

Bad earthquake happened in Croatia.

I'm always impressed by how earthquakes make bricks no longer want to be attached to each other.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sagebrush posted:

I saw that as well and it’s fantastic. I immediately sent it to my wife, who is an ER physician and was just yesterday mentioning that the hospital is reporting critical shortages on that kind of stuff. She, in turn, immediately forwarded it to the people at her hospital that can handle it.

I mean, just this morning, in anticipation of the critically low stocks of that sort of PPE turning into it being unavailable, I was scavenging my shop for respiratory PPE for her. Found a treasure trove of 14 untouched N95 masks in the bag. In a rationing scenario, she gets to put one on and wear it 12 hours straight through the shift. Would suck, but hey, now she has her own supply in a pinch.

Unrelated:

https://i.imgur.com/OpARjN2.gifv

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Sagebrush posted:

It's time like this that companies and people can show their true colours and it's nice when they occasionally show a good side.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Downside: all that equipment is Harbor Freight grade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Its good and wholesome but need some Harbor Freight jokes.

Giving the face shields to the medical field is probably for the best because sketchily certified shields will still stop sneezes while it might not stop shrapnel.

Funny they're calling out 5 and 7 mil gloves. Would bet you could check that the 7 mil are also just 5 mil in a 7 mil box.

Do we really want the medical field relying on the free stuff from Harbor Freight? That stuff barely lasts a day in the garage.

Do you think they're making them use coupons to get it free? They're always hardasses at the counter and have you grab the ad sitting there and rip the coupon out.