Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

My PC friends... BANNERLORD in 10 days :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Normally on the weekend we shop the weekly fliers/specials but not doing that atm so instead we've just been going on a ton of walks around the neighborhood. It's a p large and if you stick to one side of the street and follow the sidewalk up and down every little cul-de-sac like you're lost in a maze it's about 2.5 miles or 5k steps for fitbit faring friends.

We've just been having a quick jaunt after every meal.

We also got puzzles around, typically we bust em out in winters when we don't wanna brave the roads but works well here.

We already cooked a lot so if anything it feels like we're cooking a bit less cause instead of making some nice dinners out of whatever is on sale that week it's just gonna be simple recipes that make good use of what we have for a while.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I have wanted a gaming pc for so long. Especially because they stay good for like a decade at this point, and I could probably downgrade my laptop and use it for my creative poo poo as well.

But, I just got a job after being out of work since June. And that job was a 50% pay cut from the job that I had to leave in 2018 because my father in law was dying. EI was a 50% cut from that job as well. So it’s been rough and there’s some debt and savings to rebuild.

But, the world only ends once so maybe I should just go for it.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Went to Seattle today.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hell yeah free transit is awesome.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Finish Skyrim.
Finish Skyrim with all the mods.
Finish a campaign for Total War Warhammer II.
Finish the campaign for Battletech and also the mercenary campaign.
Finish a game of CIV VI
Finish Baldur's gate ironman.
Finish Pathfinder Kingmanker ironman.
Finish Strategic Campaigns Barbarossa on both sides.
Finish all the campaign's for Battlefleet Gothic II.

Play Talisman tabletop with ALL the expansions.
Play Pandemic tabletop with ALL the expansions.
Play a game of Fortress America board game.

Finish painting what I have of 18mm Napoleonic wargame figures.
Start and finish painting what I have of 28mm Napoleonic Warlord wargame figures.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Last night we made pork belly.

Tonight we used what was left to make some banging BLTs, accompanied by gouda mac n cheese and fuckin tater tots.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Buying a house project because what is the apocalypse for if not making terrible financial decisions.

Also considering dumping those mythical trumpbux if they ever show up on a HTC Vive Pro with eye tracking so I can socialize with nerds without leaving the house once our world goes full mad max (but with gigabit internet, of course)

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I might go hiking next week. Good social distancing there.

I'd have gone today but it's loving 29F right now in Spring.

Hiking owns; doing stuff outside is the only thing keeping me from completely losing my marbles argh

Speaking of, the other day I complained about the disc golf season ruined, but it's been gorgeous out all week and my bf and I were looking forward to playing a round at an out-of-the-way course that's never busy, so naturally it was pissing rain with intermittent hail today, cool cool coooool ended up rotting my brain on the computer instead and will try again tomorrow

Tim Whatley posted:

I had a nice Seinfeld marathon and ended it with the Chicken Roaster episode and woke up and Kenny Rogers died. Gonna try Home Alone 2 tonight.

I also had a Seinfeld marathon :hfive: good luck with your sorcery

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Playing Phantasy Star IV

Digitizing my collection of old VHS tapes which has a lot of old footage from Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Fox Kids, etc with the purpose of finding somewhere to stream it. Figured it might help people to fall into some warm nostalgia in times like these.

you should post a thread if you find somewhere to put it. id like to check it out

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.
Mostly working from home, couple of meetings, some training, reporting and strategic planning to present to... no one I guess. Hopefully I’ll continue to have a job, but again I manage an entire region by myself so firing me means loosing an entire department that oversees 8 countries, so it’s kinda inconvenient for them. At least, I keep telling myself that.

On off hours, mostly games I bought but never played because of loving stupid Destiny 2 (a game I now hate thanks to a Gambit match where some hunter piece of poo poo literally killed us 29 times with a sniper rifle, making us lose the match with a score of zero) and its teenage hyper players.

Finished Spider-Man (good) and trying to get into Horizon Zero Dawn but it’s just so generic and open worldly, feels like UbiSoft made it.

Also, loosing my mind because I want to get the gently caress out of my house and freaking out about the economy.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

tuyop posted:

I have wanted a gaming pc for so long. Especially because they stay good for like a decade at this point, and I could probably downgrade my laptop and use it for my creative poo poo as well.

But, I just got a job after being out of work since June. And that job was a 50% pay cut from the job that I had to leave in 2018 because my father in law was dying. EI was a 50% cut from that job as well. So it’s been rough and there’s some debt and savings to rebuild.

But, the world only ends once so maybe I should just go for it.

I've been insanely lucky in the past 6 months so I treated myself to a new pc. Last summer has been one of the most stressful times in my life.

Whether you go for it or not I hope things go good for you

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Also finally finished, kinda proud it came out with no snags, could've done better with the cord management but gently caress it I'm celebrating anyway.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

drat dude are those front fans for water cooling? Theyre fuckin huge

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
Reading the complete letters of H.P. Lovecraft.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

if and when i get quarantined i will ride my bike, from my door and back to my door

every day, all day, totally self sufficient

or at least the days when im not that hung over

and if the laws say its only to go to work and back, well im going to make sure i go the long way to work if i have to go work during this mess there is no loving way im going to work and not also ride my stupid rear end expensive loving bike the long way to work

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Mar 22, 2020

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

drat dude are those front fans for water cooling? Theyre fuckin huge

Just two big rear end case fans

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Snowy posted:

If you don’t know this one, hoo boy are you in for a treat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVGMJPQNZ34

Sing it loud and proud because the world is ending

I loved it! Thanks!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I'd forgotten I had it, because I was saving it for when my son is older.

My son, is 2.

GLOOMHAVEN.

Next problem: I work at a retailer is will count as essential service. So I have to work. Dammit!

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
doing a lot of solo running

I always do a lot of solo running, but now it's the core event of my day not just an adjunct. Trying to stick to somewhat less trafficked routes, though the risk form passing even dozens of people on a trail (with as wide a berth as possible) must pale in comparison to two minutes in a supermarket

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

quidditch it and quit it posted:

I would, at the moment, buy a device designed for the sole purpose of killing someone else.

Same, but more because I really like guns.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Had a good laugh watching my wife's parents struggle to sign up for house party

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

I'm in North Texas still being told to come into work. I work a Sunday through Thursday shift at a factory and last week we went from "make sure to wash your hands!" To full on lockdown in four days.

Now they've split the workforce up into two teams that cannot mingle with each other and only one entrance into this place is open. We have to come in, sit down for ten minutes, then take our tempurature before being allowed into the building proper.

I am waiting for this place to have a temporary shutdown because I want to paint the rest of my closets at home and play with my cats more AND catch up on posting in some threads!

Edit: They set the coffee vending machines to free vend so we are all wired :coffee:

Luxrage fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Mar 22, 2020

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Update on sil living in, my number of uh-huh as a response is down at least 33% :agesilaus: King of the 🏰

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

TontoCorazon posted:

Also finally finished, kinda proud it came out with no snags, could've done better with the cord management but gently caress it I'm celebrating anyway.

Oh man the lights. I never expected it to be so... Gamer.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

tuyop posted:

I can smell the society they live in through the picture.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

quidditch it and quit it posted:

. That’s how worried I am that I might need to defend my family, I would, at the moment, buy a device designed for the sole purpose of killing someone else.

Sorry, my fists ain't for sale :smuggo:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I played FTL all day yesterday.

What's a game like FTL where it's super chill and I can pause or quit it any time and pick up where I left off, that's not their follow-up "Into The Brach," 'cuz that looks stupid.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

tuyop posted:

I know, I wanted something flashy for my first build in a long time, It's very pretty in the dark.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Luxrage posted:

I'm in North Texas still being told to come into work. I work a Sunday through Thursday shift at a factory and last week we went from "make sure to wash your hands!" To full on lockdown in four days.

Now they've split the workforce up into two teams that cannot mingle with each other and only one entrance into this place is open. We have to come in, sit down for ten minutes, then take our tempurature before being allowed into the building proper.

I am waiting for this place to have a temporary shutdown because I want to paint the rest of my closets at home and play with my cats more AND catch up on posting in some threads!

Edit: They set the coffee vending machines to free vend so we are all wired :coffee:

Yeah they started doing the temperature thing at work. It's completely insane. Our boss is wearing a mask around, just a particulate mask. Totally feeding into the fear and misinformation about this thing. It's pretty frustrating. At least we still have pizza fridays, despite the cleaning lady panicking over the germs.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

Reading the complete letters of H.P. Lovecraft.

Tell us how racist he was.

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
Stress eating and painting pictures, mostly. My job is shut down until April 6, at the earliest.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Building a table. If I'm stuck at home, gonna be shitposting in style.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

obviously I hosed it posted:

Stress eating and painting pictures, mostly. My job is shut down until April 6, at the earliest.

What kind of pictures? Let's see one!

I just cleaned my AK and my wife is braiding me a new sling for it.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Stress-eating pictures is extremely my jam.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

LabyaMynora posted:

What's a game like FTL where it's super chill and I can pause or quit it any time and pick up where I left off, that's not their follow-up "Into The Brach," 'cuz that looks stupid.

Rimworld on peaceful mode

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

This. Going to work for a company where the employees are disregarded and marginalized as the norm, where we are getting no extra help from our company, and we are a vital link shipping out 10 million+ pounds of food a week that ends up in grocery stores and other food processors. We handle, in and out, well over 20 million pounds of food a week. Mostly protein.

We did not have enough people before this all went down. It takes months to even get a basic worker up to speed.

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drove by my closest McDonalds today. The hired a compay to build a makeshift fence around it, then spray-painted "Closed" on a piece of cardboard. We are in the endgame here kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

LabyaMynora posted:

Into the Breach is pretty sweet.

I'd recommend Darkest Dungeon and Deep Sky Derelicts but they are somewhat different if also rogue-like-likes.
Or slay the spire, god knows I've spent some sick days entirely playing it.