Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Infinitum posted:

OK. This is my official breadcrumb post.

It's subtle, but I've encoded a secret message within the contents of this post.

NO loving CODES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

NO loving CODES

*inputs Konami code*

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somberbrero posted:

This feels like a bad game. Hey everyone softclaim!

yeah i realized right after posting it that it wouldnt even help anything. it was just the first content-y question that popped into my head

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cop: quid
mason: humalong
kill: infi

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dayvig a lurker

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It is the way

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Always dayvig someone at random during jokephase to end jokephase early, it is the SA way.

Or actually don't because it's a terrible idea, but that hasn't stopped anyone ever. If I ever get a dayvig it almost certainly won't stop me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’ve often told myself if I had a dayvig I would play it cool and save it for day 2 or 3 when I was pretty sure about someone

But let’s be real I’d wait for someone to joke about it and immediately dayvig them while saying “let’s start...with you!” or something equally stupid

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Dayvig a lurker

Or maybe...we can make sure you have to lurk more!

[b

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

D1 dayvigs are the loving besssst

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks for the raccoon goon gangtag infi!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also I am a Miller (autocorrect wanted that to say killer!)

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Dayvigging Steak may slow him down. At least in this game.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good morning. How is everyone?

It snowed a bit last night here I just want it to turn green and spring-y out, personally.

In one of the last games I played there was a D1 vig that hit scum and later on I vigged a scum it was p nice.

Let's kill all the scum in this game too. :sparkles:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I support that plan

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote yuming

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote yuming

What could possibly be the rationale for this vote? She posted 1 thing encouraging the killing of scum.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leith Maclaine posted:

What could possibly be the rationale for this vote? She posted 1 thing encouraging the killing of scum.

oh shoot. you're right. scum would never say that

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
less sarcastic response:

short answer: performative

long answer: yuming's post was performative

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

less sarcastic response:

I see it as a null tell. I'm not saying that she isn't scum. I just don't see how you jump to that conclusion based on her saying a dayvig getting the scum would be a good thing.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Good morning, social deception game pals!

ContentGame is a fun way to spew forth valuable evidence and a productive alternative to jokephase. ContentGame has been proven to catch a member of the informed minority every time. I ask a question, interpret the answer or lack thereof, and then continue in successive round spending with my vote on a suspect that has been exposed by the power of ContentGame.

To endorse ContentGame, reply "Let's ContentGame!"
It takes 3 volunteers to launch.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Lumpen posted:

ContentGame has been proven to catch a member of the informed minority every time.

You were just in a game where it did the exact opposite of this.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Sandwolf
B-
Merk

I have my answers ready.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. Humalong posted:

It did end up working, for the wrong reasons. It got LM completely arbitrarily. Which is not unlike most D1 cuddleparties.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Humalong posted:

It works in mysterious ways sometimes. Much like me.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Grandicap posted:

It did end up working, for the wrong reasons. It got LM completely arbitrarily. Which is not unlike most D1 cuddleparties.

True, but it lead him in exactly the wrong direction for the rest of the game.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Grandicap posted:

True, it did lead to a LM lunch on day 2, and all it cost was Lumpen telling the scum team the entire telephone chain an hour into day 1 giving them ninja/juggernaut kills for the rest of the game :laugh:

But anyway, Let’s Content Game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sure content game let's do it

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mr. Steak posted:

less sarcastic response:

So you don't like my tone? Tell me more :sun:

Let's content game!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah of course i'll content game.

and yuming dw about it i'll definitely be voting someone else soon

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Content Game Round 1:
yuming, you know many of the people in this game. Let's explore your meta biases.
If you had to choose one person in the game to never vote against until LYLO, who would it be?
If you had to choose one person in the game to silence except for their votes, who would it be?
If you had to choose one person in the game to talk OOT with, who would it be?

You are invited but not expected to explain your answers.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Leith Maclaine posted:

I see it as a null tell. I'm not saying that she isn't scum. I just don't see how you jump to that conclusion based on her saying a dayvig getting the scum would be a good thing.

I'm confused by your part in this interaction. I think it's clear that yuming's post could be seen as performative, like steak said.

For example, if I said 'Oh gosh, I sure hope we dunk the scum today! It would be so sad if we dunked town :( ,' you probably wouldn't take that at face value, right? That's just an exaggerated version of what happened here.

I feel like you used a lot of words here to say nothing, ##vote Leith maclaine

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Lumpen posted:

Content Game Round 1:
yuming, you know many of the people in this game. Let's explore your meta biases.
1. If you had to choose one person in the game to never vote against until LYLO, who would it be?
2. If you had to choose one person in the game to silence except for their votes, who would it be?
3. If you had to choose one person in the game to talk OOT with, who would it be?

You are invited but not expected to explain your answers.
1. I would choose Murmur Twin because I am excited to play together.

2. I choose Quid because in recent games I have played voting is about all he has done so it wouldn't make much difference.

Sorry Quid, I hope you can participate this game! Though I imagine we are in similar boats trying to figure out e-learning.

3. I would choose Grandicap because I don't think we've ever had OOT communication and I like his style so far this game.

Alternative, Mr. Steak because I want to understand his thought processes after this opening and the last game I played with him.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
For the record, let’s content game

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

yuming posted:

2. I choose Quid because in recent games I have played voting is about all he has done so it wouldn't make much difference.

Sorry Quid, I hope you can participate this game! Though I imagine we are in similar boats trying to figure out e-learning.

3. I would choose Grandicap because I don't think we've ever had OOT communication and I like his style so far this game.

Alternative, Mr. Steak because I want to understand his thought processes after this opening and the last game I played with him.
yuming, your answers were sincere-seeming, non-evasive, and prompt. They give me no reason to suspect you.

ContentGame Round 2:
Grandicap, another vet, let's keep exploring meta
Who in this game do you most hope is not Town?
Who in the game do you most hope is Town?
Who in the game do you most hope is not a Serial Killer?

Names demanded, reasons encouraged.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote lumpen fool me once... Fool me... Can't get fooled again

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Lumpen posted:

yuming, your answers were sincere-seeming, non-evasive, and prompt. They give me no reason to suspect you.

ContentGame Round 2:
Grandicap, another vet, let's keep exploring meta
Who in this game do you most hope is not Town?
Who in the game do you most hope is Town?
Who in the game do you most hope is not a Serial Killer?

Names demanded, reasons encouraged.

I hope RF is not town, so when I inevitably think he is scummy, and lead the charge on lunching him, I won't feel guilty about it afterward, also during. I usually get the guilt pangs even before the flip if I am an architect of a lunch.
I hope yuming is town because her reads slot into place after a few days and are pretty sturdy.
I hope you are not SK because I feel like you would kill the people who are most suspect of you rather than murder lurkers like a good SK should.

But way more importantly, Scum, please don't NK me until at least N3. I have been NKd the first two games I came back to on N2 for both. I want to play beyond the early game. TYVM.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

yuming posted:

I don't think we've ever been scum together either yuming. That is a sad thing.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Grandicap posted:

I hope RF is not town, so when I inevitably think he is scummy, and lead the charge on lunching him, I won't feel guilty about it afterward, also during. I usually get the guilt pangs even before the flip if I am an architect of a lunch.
I hope yuming is town because her reads slot into place after a few days and are pretty sturdy.
I hope you are not SK because I feel like you would kill the people who are most suspect of you rather than murder lurkers like a good SK should.

But way more importantly, Scum, please don't NK me until at least N3. I have been NKd the first two games I came back to on N2 for both. I want to play beyond the early game. TYVM.
Thank you for your thoughtful responses. My 'dar didn't ping. I am Town, but if I was the SK you would be right, I would play savagely to my wincon. Removing lurkers is the responsibility (and confers the greatest benefit) to Town.

ContentGame Round 3:
Continuing the meta theme with another crusty 'ol beloved vet.
Sometimes people say there are players who they "can never read", or are too tricky, or always seem one alignment or another no matter what.
RetroFuturist, who are three players (excluding Lumpen) who you should be preemptively forgiven for judging their alignment incorrectly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Here’s my shot at content game,

Mr. Steak, I see a man at the back as a matter of fact, his eyes are as red as the sun.
And the girl in the corner let no one ignore her, cause she thinks she's the passionate one

Is it like lightning?
Is everybody fighting?
Was the music soothing?
Was everyone...grooving?