Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Marchand's tears might've had a touch more meaning if they hadn't been preceded by this eight years earlier:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blues fans have thin blue line bumper stickers and Punisher tattoos.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Aphrodite posted:

Still better than Bruins fans

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Aphrodite posted:

Not sure how this is any different than Bruins fans except Blues fans don't wear flatcaps I guess.

Also no Cap was as drunk as Brett Hull

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

dont make me post the video of the bruins fans in camo sweaters throwing beer on each other and fighting, which happened the same day as a straight pride parade

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hey folks cmon. I think we call ALL agree that the citizens of St. Louis and Boston are EQUALLY awful.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
hold on, the guy whose city rioted after losing a sports match has something to add

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

bewbies posted:

hold on, the guy whose city rioted after losing a sports match has something to add

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Sorry I take that back, the citizens of St. Louis are actually way worse.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Don’t doxx me thanks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bewbies posted:

dont make me post the video of the bruins fans in camo sweaters throwing beer on each other and fighting, which happened the same day as a straight pride parade

They beat up Bruins fans, sound like heroes.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

ThinkTank posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

bewbies posted:

jealousy stinks pal. you wish your city cared enough to riot

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cop city can’t riot they’d have to put down their own.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

heeheex2 posted:

jealousy stinks pal. you wish your city cared enough to riot

Uh, St. Louis has had its fair share of riots over the past 6 years.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Every single Canucks poster in here I picture as that asian "rioter" with the hockey stick.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The most forgettable to me is still LAs second cup win. Yeah they did it twice but no one noticed.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Scaramouche posted:

The most forgettable to me is still LAs second cup win. Yeah they did it twice but no one noticed.

I fuckin noticed :mad:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1242198895066861569?s=19

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Aphrodite posted:

Is this really worse than Bruins fans' reaction to Joel Ward eliminating them a few years ago, though?

Duckman2008 posted:

The most boring run that in,dudes going from last place to a Stanley cup win with the starting goalie being a career AHL goalie? Plus things like Gloria, playing for Layla, etc? All 4 division leaders getting knocked out in the first round ?

Plus playoff moments like Maroons OT goal, Gunnerson scoring OT in game 2 of the finals after promising to score while using the urinal next to his coach, Ben Bishop almost stealing a series and then getting knocked out in the last game, the Sharks winning in OT on an illegal hand pass, and the Blues absolutely getting stomped at home I’m game 6 before returning the favor and absolutely crushing game 7 on the road. Oh, and Brad Marchand’s tears ?

I mean, I know I’m biased since I live in St. Louis, but it was pretty memorable to me.

COUNTRY ROOOOOOOOOOOADS...TAKE ME HOOOOOME...

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

this would be a more compelling comeback if it had taken place sometime in the previous hundred years. or if it were in any way unique to America during that time period. or if it were in the right state.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is this really worse than Bruins fans' reaction to Joel Ward eliminating them a few years ago, though?

Celebrating murderers?

Yeah, a bit.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:yeah:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Scaramouche posted:

Remeber that time Carolina won the cup? Me neither.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Carolina's Cup run was one of the most goddamn entertaining ever, the Finals against Edmonton was awesome, and that came immediately after The Series That Tore SAS Apart.

I mean I've never given a poo poo about any of the teams involved but the '06 playoffs were awesome.

e: also I don't know how anyone can forget how Brind'Amour got sick of listening to Bettman yammer after about 10 seconds and just loving yanked the Cup away from him and took off with it :allears:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Scaramouche posted:

LA's second Cup run had maybe the best playoff series of the decade, so it's got that going for it.

Spelling Mitsake posted:

It gifted us The Series that Tore SAS Apart, "redneck hockey," "Ward Saves Goals but Jesus Saves Souls," jedimastafez thinking Cam Ward was black, Fernando Pisani's game 5 OT shorthanded goal, and Marc-Andre Bergeron assassinating Dwayne Roloson leading to Ty Conklin loving up game 1.

e: Canes-Sabres was also a big contributor to the eventual Vote For Rory thing, which led to SAS forcing the NHL to both (a) rig its all star vote and then (b) completely change the all star format after Bettman apparently learned the lesson "actually the fans want Yannick Pereault."

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I love that they still didn’t learn their lesson and we got the John Scott story. I need to read that book one of these days.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

my man have you seen the fanbase of hockey in general?

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
NHL has a classic game live-streaming if you're in need of some hockey tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNnWcEzXWeE

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

rewatching the Toronto-Boston game, Toronto was up two goals with 1:30 to go. Then Boston scored two goals in 30 seconds

how did Toronto blow that? lmao

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

rewatching the Toronto-Boston game, Toronto was up two goals with 1:30 to go. Then Boston scored two goals in 30 seconds

how did Toronto blow that? lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxEL-s7Uq1s

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jesus Christ

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Wait are you saying Cam Ward wasn't black?

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

If there are no playoffs does that mean VAN would have to give up their 2021 1st to TB while picking in the 20s with their 2020 1st?

(I figured VAN would have the choice to defer but capfriendly says this: *Conditions: If the Canucks do not make the playoffs in 2019-20, the 2020 1st round pick will transfer to a 2021 1st round pick instead.)

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah the same thing is up in the air with the Zucker trade. I assume there being no playoffs = Penguins were not in the playoffs = they keep their 2020 1st and Minnesota gets their 2021 1st. But maybe not because they were in a playoff seed when the season was called off? I doubt there's language in those deals that deals with the question of what if there are no playoffs.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?

Scaramouche posted:

Wait are you saying Cam Ward wasn't black?

This still haunts me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Spelling Mitsake posted:

I think a lot more people remember this one because it was the first final in 2 years, and also it was actually a pretty entertaining final. It ended up being the 1st time in the NHL history that both finals teams failed to make the playoffs the next year.
I just remember how Wings fans wanted to get Roloson from Edmonton lol