Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fuckstick posted:

I just hauled home $600 worth of lumber today. I shall build a quarantine pergola over my patio when the governor sends us home in Nebraska.

wait, Nebraska is a real state too? I thought my teacher just made that up to scare us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

roarpower posted:

wait, Nebraska is a real state too? I thought my teacher just made that up to scare us

You're thinking of New Jersey.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Scathach posted:

You're thinking of New Jersey.

Have you driven through Pennsylvania?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

spacetoaster posted:

Have you driven through Pennsylvania?

gently caress no.

Oh god, wait, why?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Scathach posted:

gently caress no.

Oh god, wait, why?

It's the reason why I laugh in the face of New Englanders when they start talking poo poo about the south.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

spacetoaster posted:

Hey brother, can you give us all a heads up when the logistic stuff actually starts failing?

I mean, I'm a paranoid vet who's got everything I need for my family for a couple of months, but I'd still like to know a bit in advance of the actual oh poo poo moment.

I can only speak for my company and volume, but I am in a state where it's essential stuff open only. My company has a lot of problems that have been festering for many years. I mean, most people will end up getting better but there are definitely going to be bumps where there is rolling supply chain disruptions if the middlemen who operate the warehouses where all the food is actually stored before it gets shipped out to the stores get hit hard.

I have no faith in my company to look after it's employees aside from nominal safety precautions, some of dubious effectiveness. I'll definitely post if and when our shipping really starts grinding down in capacity. All we can really hope for is we don't lose many people from this at once. We have numerous guys that are definitely in at-risk for serious issues from this as well.

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only good place in Pennsylvania is Philadelphia.

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacetoaster posted:

It's the reason why I laugh in the face of New Englanders when they start talking poo poo about the south.

Pennsylvania isn't in New England

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
now we have another reason to laugh at you

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

roarpower posted:

Pennsylvania isn't in New England

It's not? Well, I'm dumb then. I also saw a lot of crazy poo poo in NY state too. poo poo! Maine!

roarpower posted:

now we have another reason to laugh at you

Congrats.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

roarpower posted:

the only good place in Pennsylvania is Philadelphia.

Isn't that where Tom Hanks got AIDS?!

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Greetings from a city about to go into shelter-in-place! The order ideally ends the day before we move! :suicide:

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LabyaMynora posted:

Isn't that where Tom Hanks got AIDS?!

we don't know where he got it. It was the place he sued his place of employment and won for firing him for having AIDS

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Scathach posted:

Whereabouts you at? We've noticed the new rule in Western WA is like 10-15 over. Cops have stopped giving a poo poo, it's nuts.

Can't wait for western Washington to start applying the "six feet apart" rule to cars

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

coronatae posted:

Greetings from a city about to go into shelter-in-place! The order ideally ends the day before we move! :suicide:

That username :eyepop:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Sitting on my rear end, mostly. Been trying to cook with whatever we have, but the kitchen is tiny and it's a pain to get anything done, and I end up doing all of the cleaning too.

Today I gave up and had Kraft mac n cheese for lunch with some cheap red wine. Dinner was some assorted cheese and salami, eaten directly from the package with some more cheap red. Tomorrow will probably be more of the same.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
going for a ten mile run outside today, wide berth to anyone else on the trail/road but it's a route thats not normally too crowded

after that, one final all-hands meeting at work to discuss the future (hospitality so mostly "how much money do we get while we're sat at home with our thumbs up our arses" I imagine, UK gvt is at least doing SOMETHING on this front)

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Mar 23, 2020

NoDoorway
Jul 31, 2007

I never had a doorway
Soiled Meat
Working and wishing I didn't have to. Job security is nice though

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Bees on Wheat posted:

Sitting on my rear end, mostly. Been trying to cook with whatever we have, but the kitchen is tiny and it's a pain to get anything done, and I end up doing all of the cleaning too.

Today I gave up and had Kraft mac n cheese for lunch with some cheap red wine. Dinner was some assorted cheese and salami, eaten directly from the package with some more cheap red. Tomorrow will probably be more of the same.

You can cook wonders in a tiny non-ideal space, just shift things around and figure it out, it'll be awesome. I love have come to terms with my cooking nook that passed for a kitchen in 1945 and use it so much it really owes me a favor

The second the beer distribution falls apart is the breaking point around here :lol:

math sucks
Oct 9, 2008
anyone say your mom yet

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

math sucks posted:

anyone say your mom yet

i was waiting for page 69

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

flesh dance posted:

You can cook wonders in a tiny non-ideal space, just shift things around and figure it out, it'll be awesome. I love have come to terms with my cooking nook that passed for a kitchen in 1945 and use it so much it really owes me a favor

The second the beer distribution falls apart is the breaking point around here :lol:

Yeah, I know, it's just.. exhausting. Planning and prep take twice as long as they should because I have to rearrange things, then I have to move them again so I can clean up. I think I'm a pretty drat good cook, but it gets really tiring really fast, you know? Especially when the only built-in appliances I have are the fridge and the microwave. Sure, I have other appliances, but bringing them out means I lose most of my prep space.

Maybe once this thing calms down I'll venture out and find one of those kitchen sink covers that are designed to give you more counter space, or something. :sigh:

I guess if I get really desperate, the Chipotle down the street is still open.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Already pretty much a shut in so very little is different. Healthcare worker, so still working through this except trying to navigate a messy, heavy job while using parts of my body I forgot existed to nudge and hold things I don't want to touch with clean/dirty hands. Goro from MK would have been loving great at this stuff. I'm going to turn into Howard Hughes by the end of it, except broke because this job pays poo poo.

Hobby wise, before we all collectively realized that poo poo just got real, I had just purchased a year subscription to steezy.co, an online dance website. So when I'm not working, drinking or sleeping, I'm napoleon dynamiting it up. I'll moonwalk my way out of this loving quarantine if it kills me.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Platystemon posted:

That username :eyepop:

it's a jellyfish species <:(>

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

East TN is about to go shelter-in-place. this precedent of gov control personally scares me and i worry about it being a slippery slope but on the other hand i dont want people to die.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Trading pumpkins for scrap metal or potentially vice versa

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

Just got word that our plant is am essential business since we produce parts that go into medical equipment such as AEDs and Ventilators and MRI machines so we are going to be continuing working the rest of this week's shift during Dallas's shelter in place order.

My roommates parents gifted us a bag of beans a while back, I might try to Crock-Pot them on Wednesday for fun if I run out of things to work on.

Edit: Also a whole lotta animal crossing

Luxrage fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 23, 2020

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Luxrage posted:

Just got word that our plant is am essential business since we produce parts that go into medical equipment such as AEDs and Ventilators and MRI machines so we are going to be continuing working the rest of this week's shift during Dallas's shelter in place order.

My roommates parents gifted us a bag of beans a while back, I might try to Crock-Pot them on Wednesday for fun if I run out of things to work on.

Edit: Also a whole lotta animal crossing

Every business under the sun is coming up with asinine justifications for why they are essential business, but you guys actually are.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

My other new hobby other than returning to restoring my Jeep is reading the news and watching the dems pull out progressively larger firearms and shooting themselves in what's left of their feet over this stimulus check ordeal. Great job loving idiots.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Rewatching the X-Files.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Working from home and raising a 4 year old solo

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Working from home and raising a 4 year old solo

God bless you.

I teach a lot of pre-k for a public school system. If you haven't already, this is a wonderful opportunity to get the tyke ready for kindergarten next year. Things like knowing the primary colors, the ABC's/numbers (and being able to write them), along with being able to write their name will put them well ahead of their peers.

If you're a real overachiever, basic addition/subtraction (2-1=1, 2+2=4) and recognizing/writing simple words (cat, dog, etc) will be good too.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

spacetoaster posted:

God bless you.

I teach a lot of pre-k for a public school system. If you haven't already, this is a wonderful opportunity to get the tyke ready for kindergarten next year. Things like knowing the primary colors, the ABC's/numbers (and being able to write them), along with being able to write their name will put them well ahead of their peers.

If you're a real overachiever, basic addition/subtraction (2-1=1, 2+2=4) and recognizing/writing simple words (cat, dog, etc) will be good too.

He just wrapped up his second year of pre-k so were pretty caught up honestly, ready to get him reading soon.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

I load airplanes full of cargo and am considered essential. Right now I'm getting at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours of overtime a day. I'm basically doing the same thing I always do except going out on the weekends or eating out.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I just got word that everyone in the restaurant where I work is on a 3 month furlough (like, a pause in our contract with the right to start up again when we reopen), with 80% pay for that period from the government. UK is at least doing right by hospitality workers

BoJo can still get hosed tho.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Fatkraken posted:

I just got word that everyone in the restaurant where I work is on a 3 month furlough (like, a pause in our contract with the right to start up again when we reopen), with 80% pay for that period from the government. UK is at least doing right by hospitality workers

BoJo can still get hosed tho.

Wow! American service industry workers are totally hosed.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

My Shoes posted:

Wow! American service industry workers are totally hosed.

I'll probably be BETTER off financially with the massively reduced spending from not buying bus tickets, gym, cinema, pubs, impulse purchases of silly poo poo etc.

sorry 'murica :(

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

spacetoaster posted:

God bless you.

that is all well and good! it's also a wonderful opportunity for single parents working from home to sit their toddler in front of the TV for a couple hours in order to be able to make money to feed them and keep their sanity. if someone can teach their toddler their ABCs during this time great, but getting through this poo poo with good mental and physical health is more important honestly

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Wisconsin is shutting down tomorrow. I don't do anything ever and stay in my house all day every day besides getting food or cigarettes. So this won't be a big change. However, now that I have to stay in place I now have the urge to get out.

I'm going to make tuna salad tonight so I can use up my bread before it goes bad. I always want to get half loaves of bread but they cost just as much as a full loaf so I end up wasting it. I never buy celery so my friend is going to leave one stalk on his porch for me. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I'm waiting for a credit card to show up so I can buy a new PC and build credit with the purchase. Hopefully the damned thing shows up soon so I can deal with this poo poo.