Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

indigi posted:

will one house build at a time or is it a thing where they only build once you've completed the items for all three houses

You need to complete all 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Day 3 of first ever Animal Crossing game. The bottleneck for getting the shop done is iron nuggets but I'm not in a hurry. Blathers is really happy, he can finish his museum now. Boone won't stop talking about working out. Hazel fishes a lot. I went to an island and met an anteater who assures me she's a famous pop star, she's going to move in when I have room. A camel turned up and sold me rugs; I bought them all. There's a tarantula loose on my island and I keep messing up the catch.

GOTY

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Oh jeez it kicks you out of the entire conversation if you try to fly via Dodo Code to a full island

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

404notfound posted:

I've been stuck standing in the same place for five minutes now

Nintendo why would you implement online play like this

Oh man you have no idea! I was working from home and left TV on mute and kept the switch awake for arrivals and once you get 50+ people all trying to get in at once it gets a bit silly. Doesn't help the connection sometimes just crashes and you gotta get a new code going.

Advice to anyone else who hosts a turnip swarm in the future via Dodocode:

1) Put some arrows designs on the ground making a breadcrumb trail to the store.
2) Clean up your town before letting randoms in, at first my town had my random pocket piles strewn about.
3) Folks like to tip, probably be easiest for them if there was some kind of obvious area to do it near airport or store
4) Just be aware how crazy it will be as 8+ flood in and out, you're lucky to get a step in between arrival/departures

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

HopperUK posted:

A camel turned up and sold me rugs; I bought them all.
GOTY

What bonus floor/wall did you get?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Zore posted:

You need to complete all 3

ugh. oh well, at least it'll give me more time to find Freya and Apollo

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Dungeon Wall! My room looks like a jail now because I also got a floor that looks like unsmoothed rock.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:stare:

Catalina
May 20, 2008

All right, whenever I unlock and figure out how to use the Campsite, I've got some Amiibo cards I can scan. Maybe one is your favorite villager! I'm playing without time traveling, so I can do like one a day when I've scanned my faves in. I would also be interested in trading for other villagers.

Regular Guys:
Cheri (the bear, not to be confused with Cherry the dog)
Cyrano
Limberg
Flo
Walker

Welcome Amiibo ones:
These might come with furniture or something, I don't know, I don't understand that chart Nintendo gave out. An * denotes that that villager is worth an ungodly amount on ebay for reasons unknown to me. Get 'em while they're hot!

Bea
Cleo
*Dobie
Julia
*Ketchup
Leopold
Maggie
Murphy
Piper
Plucky
Snooty
Sprocket
Stella
Ursala
Wade
Weber

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

this fucker gave me a cardboard box

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Khanstant posted:

I found out the best trick to get rich in Animal Crossing. Be the person hosting when you got turnips selling at 565. Been jam packed all day with discord goons coming in to offload them root veggies. Generous tippers have left me with more bells than I know what to do with!

Was lucky to have post-noon prices and able to leave it all day while working from home. Thanks to everyone who came by and endured the insane waits as 8 people constantly shuffled in and out and thank you especially for all the tips.

If anyone here needs to offload some nips, my stores and gates are open for about another hour and forty five.

GWQRY turnips@565

Seems like your connection dropped. If you're still around I only just managed to get to your island before that happened.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought after the bridge was built and neighbors started moving in Nook was supposed to teach me how to make proper bridge kits and ramps. When will he do?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

HopperUK posted:

Dungeon Wall! My room looks like a jail now because I also got a floor that looks like unsmoothed rock.

I love those kind of walls I usually have a dungeon room in my house eventually haha

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Seems like your connection dropped. If you're still around I only just managed to get to your island before that happened.

~~---------code gone crashed a moment ago. The discord is always easier for me to update the code when connection crashes from the rush, hop in if you got it~~

~~It's looking like a packed rush again right now, if you do get in, dont sweat leaving a tip or anything just in n out asap so more folks can get thru~~

alright, shops closing soon and im getting this last batch of folks who were in during last crash if i can. thanks everyone

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 24, 2020

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Catalina posted:

All right, whenever I unlock and figure out how to use the Campsite, I've got some Amiibo cards I can scan. Maybe one is your favorite villager! I'm playing without time traveling, so I can do like one a day when I've scanned my faves in. I would also be interested in trading for other villagers.
would you even be able to get villagers from other people's campsites?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I thought after the bridge was built and neighbors started moving in Nook was supposed to teach me how to make proper bridge kits and ramps. When will he do?

Not until Resident Services is upgraded.

Speaking of does anyone know if that happens when the last of the three move in or is it a day or so after?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Oh and a seagull mailed me a candy skull mask so now I can never take THAT off

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Just got a mug from a balloon and it's customizable. Incredible.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Electric Phantasm posted:

Not until Resident Services is upgraded.

Speaking of does anyone know if that happens when the last of the three move in or is it a day or so after?

The day after he tells you its upgrading then the next day its closed.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1242264912153456641

I know that the Tweet says that updates may be postponed, but this story comes from a Washington Post article with the following quote.

quote:

Kyogoku and Nogami, who both work out of Nintendo’s office in Japan, are paying close attention to the global pandemic’s potential impact on post-launch content. Development for these updates “is still going,” Kyogoku said, but the team may need to adjust internally moving forward should the coronavirus crisis worsen.

Because I'm a dumb idiot man child, what do they mean by adjusting internally?

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 24, 2020

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

HopperUK posted:

Oh and a seagull mailed me a candy skull mask so now I can never take THAT off

:negative: why do my visitors only ever give me junk

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Khanstant posted:

How do you get a bonus floor/wall from her? She was in my town today and I just bought some stuff and she gave me... tickets? Which I redeemed for a mystery something or other. Is there something else you're supposed to do?

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

My shop just closed while I was 15,000 bells away from paying off my second house loan :argh:

At least I have 3 10,000 bell money trees in the works.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Willo567 posted:

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1242264912153456641

I know that the Tweet says that updates may be postponed, but this story comes from a Washington Post article with the following quote.

work from home is slower than work in an office and if the global pandemic continues for a lot longer it could cause issues with your leisure activities

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

How do you get a bonus floor/wall from her? She was in my town today and I just bought some stuff and she gave me... tickets? Which I redeemed for a mystery something or other. Is there something else you're supposed to do?

Yeah you can buy 1 wallpaper and 1 floor

Then you can buy 3 rugs which award tickets. Turning in the 5 tickets you get for buying all 3 rugs gets you an extra wallpaper or floor

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Caught the coelacanth for my 500th fish. Feels good man.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Willo567 posted:

Working from home instead of the office really freaks some people out, okay?

e: this last week has taught me that some people working from home just can't stop reassuring themselves to other people that they're really doing work from home and not screwing around.

e2: the tarantula trick is real and clearing 200k in spiders gives me the new leaf feeling of pillaging all the sharks and beetles from the island.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 24, 2020

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

You did it! That's all it is. Each visit she has a rare wallpaper and floor randomly

Shere posted:

e2: the tarantula trick is real and clearing 200k in spiders gives me the new leaf feeling of pillaging all the sharks and beetles from the island.

I'm excited to eventually find that island, if nothing else I need the practice catching em. I do remember going back and forth to the new leaf island to get them bugs n sea beasts, I liked that little simple place and love that this game expanded on it.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Thank you Khanstant for letting me make a sweet profit off my turnips. Also, that was an absolutely miserable experience, thank you Nintendo.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

I love this game.

https://twitter.com/Buttopia/status/1242271147946684416

(The booty shorts outfit is named "biz cas fri".)

:kimchi: Playing this game with the discord goons has allowed me to amass so much cool stuff like the stormy wallpaper, misty floor, heart glasses, star wand, and a tidy sum of turnip profits among many others. Thank you all. You are all my dear friends.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

For people who Know Things: Do you ever unlock an easy way of sharing your custom designs with the internet, like generating a QR code, or is it limited to "take screenshots of the patterns in the designer mode and post them to twitter"?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/chuchumcgoo/status/1241869803368992772

:eyepop:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Squats posted:

I love this game.

https://twitter.com/Buttopia/status/1242271147946684416

(The booty shorts outfit is named "biz cas fri".)

:kimchi: Playing this game with the discord goons has allowed me to amass so much cool stuff like the stormy wallpaper, misty floor, heart glasses, star wand, and a tidy sum of turnip profits among many others. Thank you all. You are all my dear friends.

That rain wallapaper is too cool! I got the opium den cloud floor already but havent seen that stormy paper! wow!

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Blaziken386 posted:

would you even be able to get villagers from other people's campsites?

Oh, shoot probably not. I was misremembering the campsite feature from New Leaf. Darn it!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

TurnipFritter posted:

For people who Know Things: Do you ever unlock an easy way of sharing your custom designs with the internet, like generating a QR code, or is it limited to "take screenshots of the patterns in the designer mode and post them to twitter"?

you can do it in the able sisters shop

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Khanstant posted:

That rain wallapaper is too cool! I got the opium den cloud floor already but haven't seen that stormy paper! wow!

RazzleDazzleHour in the #new-horizons channel has Sahara in their town selling that stormy paper right now. Maybe you can sneak in and buy a copy after your Nookling's close for the night?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

flatluigi posted:

work from home is slower than work in an office and if the global pandemic continues for a lot longer it could cause issues with your leisure activities

Yeah, but they haven't even announced any new DLC coming soon, aside from the holidays, which will probably get on time.

Plus,adjusting internally doesn't automatically mean a huge delay. Yeah, it may get pushed back, but I doubt it's be more than a few weeks to a month

Copicat
Jan 25, 2014

jibberin' Ghibli giblets!
Anybody here happen to have pears on their island? It's the only fruit I've yet to collect and I can bring cherries over in exchange!

Catalina
May 20, 2008

RIP Blathers
2002-2020
Had a villager who brought in 13 bugs, and asked to hear facts about each one.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

flatluigi posted:

you can do it in the able sisters shop

Which based the pacing of unlocks, should be some time around April 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Is there a way to bring in a easel pattern that you uploaded via QR code through the Switch App from the AC patterns website and put that on a hoodie? If I wear the pattern I uploaded it's basically just a sleeveless t-shirt. Or do I have to hand draw the pattern onto the hoodie using the Pro Pattern Tool?