Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

My Shoes posted:

i might take this time to refresh my tai chi skills!

I really want to learn Tai Chi. I've done it just a few times. There's this Unitarian Universalist church that has a few 70 year olds doing it in the basement. They're all really nice though. I should go back to that again.

edit: is it something you can learn by watching youtube videos? I can get it with watching the person right in front of me but maybe it's just easier with a live teacher there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I really want to learn Tai Chi. I've done it just a few times. There's this Unitarian Universalist church that has a few 70 year olds doing it in the basement. They're all really nice though. I should go back to that again.

edit: is it something you can learn by watching youtube videos? I can get it with watching the person right in front of me but maybe it's just easier with a live teacher there.

I personally learned from a book and also took a class on it.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

tuyop posted:

I’m working again. Remote computer literacy for adults. It is maximally chill. We’ll see how long that lasts.

It lasted exactly one day before my student's life imploded from quarantine and lack of childcare. :woop:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

a glitch posted:

What exactly will they do if they see someone out when they shouldn't be?

Tell them to go home? Some people will be dicks to them and it'll end badly.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hey... UU's swing. :pervert:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

LabyaMynora posted:

Hey... UU's swing. :pervert:

I've been to that UU church before and wow, those guys are really cool. Nothing to do with god. Everything to do with being compassionate. They even have classes and they have a trans class to learn about who they are and what struggles they have. I met my local rep there (obviously a democrat, a republican would combust walking through the doors). We had lunch together and I got to talk to him a lot.

UU people are cool. I should go there more to find some swingers. Although I have no partner to participate but they're very nice people so maybe they'll let me in.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Not working from home (well, technically working, but there's nothing to do) and getting hungry smelling the chicken stock cooking in the kitchen.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I baked the bread

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

poverty goat posted:

I baked the bread

May I have some

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

poverty goat posted:

I baked the bread

ack! gluten!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

A+ bread

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

poverty goat posted:

I baked the bread

I do not approve of the amount of raw flour on this bread. Good scoring though.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

tuyop posted:

I do not approve of the amount of raw flour on this bread. Good scoring though.

I want some of the bread

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Bake Your Own Bread :sun:

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

poverty goat posted:

this dude has everything: beach, bread, dog.

i hate him.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

poverty goat posted:

gently caress that

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

i can make some breadsticks in like 10 minutes with just cassava flour water and salt.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I want some of the bread

THEN LET ONE BECOME TWO

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

tuyop posted:

THEN LET ONE BECOME TWO

Wow that's crazy

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Got some lazy dogs in here asking for bread.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

tuyop posted:

THEN LET ONE BECOME TWO

neato!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

spacetoaster posted:

Got some lazy dogs in here asking for bread.

I want their bread

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
THIS IS HOW BREADBABBIE IS FORMED

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

tuyop posted:

THIS IS HOW BREADBABBIE IS FORMED

I would never have believed it

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
4 BREAD

AT THE SAME TIME OOOOO

And yes this is what I'm doing during quarantine. Sharing breads. Not making any, just sharing my breads of the past.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Suicide by Netflix

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

gleebster posted:

Not working from home (well, technically working, but there's nothing to do)

:same:

It's kind of stressful. I mean, it's not exactly uncommon for me to not have anything to do, but now it feels ominous. Like, if I have nothing to do, I'm expendable. :sigh:

DeathCrabForCutie
Jul 14, 2019
oh fuc-
Got a couple 5lb sacks of assorted frozen fruit in my freezer. Every morning I grab a handful of each and open palm slam them into my blender. It helps convince me I'm being healthy.

Also animal crossing.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
show breds and rising

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
show us your breads!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
ive put a bit of dried italian herbs in the bread mix before and the flavor came through just right

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Hey guys I just fuckin went outside and took all the trash from the apartment building to the road lol

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
The lovely auto repair place next door decided to cut/trim some trees less than twelve hours after the stay at home order went into effect. As a side note, the two cars that have been sitting at the back of that place with all flat tires are still there.

Also, Assassins Creed Odyssey.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

someone say bred? we got:

steamed bread

square bread

round bread

swiss bread

pizza bread

twisty bread

cut bread

crusty bread

close-up bread

swirly steamed bread

pudding bread

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
bruce campbell has some things to say about fresh-baked bread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af1OxkFOK18

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

kloa posted:

steamed bread

square bread

round bread

swiss bread

pizza bread

twisty bread

cut bread

crusty bread

close-up bread

swirly steamed bread

pudding bread

JFC!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm going out to a homeless shelter to help pack food. Yeah, not the brightest idea but I think it's safe to say that these people need more help than I do.

The disaster response team I'm in has a Neighbors Helping Neighbors operation. Usually it's a HUGE no no to do things on your own under their name, but things have changed recently. So I am going to put on my "uniform" and head out there in 15 minutes. Hopefully I don't get covid-19.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

I'm going out to a homeless shelter to help pack food. Yeah, not the brightest idea but I think it's safe to say that these people need more help than I do.

The disaster response team I'm in has a Neighbors Helping Neighbors operation. Usually it's a HUGE no no to do things on your own under their name, but things have changed recently. So I am going to put on my "uniform" and head out there in 15 minutes. Hopefully I don't get covid-19.

Be Safe! <3

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

kloa posted:

steamed bread

square bread

round bread

swiss bread

pizza bread

twisty bread

cut bread

crusty bread

close-up bread

swirly steamed bread

pudding bread

loving bread try-hard up in here.

I mean breadking with all respect of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Today, I am handling supply deliveries at work and doing inventory of what we have and what goes to shelters and what goes to outreach teams and getting those together as "kits" so we can respond quickly. Yay, helping!