Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Kaminari is going to be killed by the actual traitor just to make all you fuckers who kept doubting him feel bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Let's kill off a bunch of side characters to show THINGS HAVE GOTTEN REAL" is a bit too uncomfortable DC/Marvel for me even in this heavily DC/Marvel inspired manga series.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Everyone in 1-A but Deku is going to die and Blackwhip is going to absorb their remains.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Deku will die and his arm will be grafted onto Mirko Revolver Ocelot style.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Everyone will die but Eri will rewind them back to life.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Rhonne posted:

Don't. Please. No more dragonball or ninja eye magic wishes.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Funky Valentine posted:

Shigaraki is going to dust all the Pro Heroes except suspiciously the ones who did best in the character polls.

Everybody can die as long as Mirko makes it out ok.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Give Mirko her own series.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Y'all way too horny about Mirko.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Junpei posted:

Y'all way too horny about Mirko.

Perhaps. We need to see more Mirko to be sure.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Considering the state of the world I'm willing to just let people have their horny

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I could see like hawks or endeavor dying but the students? that'd be surprising

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

"Let's kill off a bunch of side characters to show THINGS HAVE GOTTEN REAL" is a bit too uncomfortable DC/Marvel for me even in this heavily DC/Marvel inspired manga series.

Hell, we even have someone whose arm got cut off. Looks like we're entering DC territory here.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

DrakePegasus posted:

Perhaps. We need to see more Mirko to be sure.

I'd need to know what she smells like, personally.

I'm just curious ha ha just asking for laughs

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

amigolupus posted:

Hell, we even have someone whose arm got cut off. Looks like we're entering DC territory here.

Everyone loses an arm except, ironically, Deku.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Deku breaks his leg bones in exchange.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Junpei posted:

so you want innocent teenagers to die

RareAcumen posted:

The energy of the room right now is that things haven't gotten bad till we're seeing teenager-sized coffins. Until then, you keep rooting for the villains, because right now those are the underdogs.

I like how me going "You know the main protagonists in this story haven't really even lost a fight or anything since like....the summer camp." as 'She's just not going to be happy until you see kids die'. Hell, the overhaul arc introduced an entire new cast of characters to shift consequences on with Lemillion and Sir. Kirishima at least struggled a bit in his focus part and that made his whole fight and triumphant moment actually pop.

Like said it's just a bit of an emotional whammy bar to cut from Blood Murder Horny fights to Electric Idiot Figuring Out How To Be Cool Cause He's Got A Big Crush, to mentally unstable man the narrative AND in universe moral authority feels was let down by society and is pitiable crying and desperately trying to save his allies as he is betrayed yet again, to the heroes easily and triumphantly beating the big bad guys from the last arc in 3 panels.

Like this is a shonen manga, you can have Gon or Luffy get hosed up and lose and not have it equate into "AND THEN HALF HIS CREW GETS MURDERED".

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Twice is an rear end in a top hat and his mental issues don't absolve him.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

He's a loving rear end in a top hat, what a great guy! He should die, I hope he joins the heroes!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Twice is very sweet. He's actively trying to better himself and make up for past mistakes moreso than any other character in the comic, except perhaps Endeavor. But he's less emotionally distant about it and I think that's admirable.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

This one sounds too plausible for comfort. If not now, then at some point.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Erin is going to rewind the world to before quirks existed. We get essentially an AU ending where Deku is a cop.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Scholtz posted:

Erin is going to rewind the world to before quirks existed. We get essentially an AU ending where Deku is a cop.

Deku will be the only one with super powers and he will be basically Spider-Man. Very last chapter will be him meeting Horikoshi.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

man, I can't help but think how much Mirio would have wrecked poo poo in this arc

do y'all think he'll get his Quirk back? I honestly think he'd be okay even without Permeation

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mirio's actual Quirk is his ability to sucker punch everyone in the kidneys.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I always wonder how he did anything to Kirishima. Like he doesn't have super strength or anything so how did his kidney punch do anything but hurt himself?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Kirishima must activate his quirk for it to manifest its effect. He just hit him before he activated it. :shrug:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Mirio's control is such that he punched Kirishima through his hardening outer layer.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

He phased through Kirishima's skin and punched him in his actual kidney.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I think the best compromise here for tension is that one of the students will die, but that student is Mineta

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CharlestonJew posted:

I think the best compromise here for tension is that one of the students will die, but that student is Mineta

:hai:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CharlestonJew posted:

Mineta will live the longest out of the main cast, due mainly to spite

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

CharlestonJew posted:

All of the students will die except Mineta. In the new post-apocalyptic setting, Mineta will assume Deku's identity and lead the underground hero resistance, operating as a gadget-based hero who sometimes utilizes his grapes.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Mirage posted:

Mirio's control is such that he punched Kirishima through his hardening outer layer.

i buy this

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

I mean, didn't he partially phase through Midoriya's face to gently caress with his vision to get through his defense?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
As lovely a character as Mineta is, sugar man, Dr. Does Little and Hagakure are all characters I’d put on the chopping block first

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

A Single Sphink posted:

I mean, didn't he partially phase through Midoriya's face to gently caress with his vision to get through his defense?

It was a distraction, pretending to go for an eye poke until phasing and then going for the gut punch. Considering Rappa was pretty much just human maximum strength (his quirk is explicitly hyper-rotating shoulders for a few seconds and not much else), I think Kirishima's toughness being less than you'd expect is basically a plot growth thing for him and Mirio is just physically strong enough to punch through it before the training and possibly after the training still.

Also Endeavour is probably dying here, it's the most reasonably huge blow to the Hero Culture and if the point is that the Symbol of Peace system ultimately wasn't good enough and ended up leaving a weakened society ready to topple, losing the new number one hero in less than a year is probably all it needs to collapse.

Especially because Endeavour still has the most solved crimes on record, he's putting in a lot of work that other heroes would have to pick up the slack on.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

As lovely a character as Mineta is, sugar man, Dr. Does Little and Hagakure are all characters I’d put on the chopping block first

would anyone even notice if hagakure died

pretty sure horikoshi will not ever be able to let go of "naked teenage girl but she's invisible" though

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Agreed. Mineta sucks, but he's actually had moments where he's done things, few as they are.

I'd add tail guy to that list, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

His design and power are cool enough that I wouldn't want to see him go, but Tenti arms hasn't contributed much to the story either.