Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It's a shame there's not a comically OP anti-armor weapon in the game at the moment to deal with the vehiclular menace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The RPG rules but I feel like a lot of the time I get a direct hit, vehicle disabled, oh cool the whole team just jumped out unscathed and gangbangs me.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I was in the 2F of a building in promenade earlier, had driven there via dumb truck. A guy drives up (one of 3 all in trucks, solo game) gets out and gets into mine, I RPG him. Blows up his truck, he drives off in mine unscathed. I'm not sure I even got a hit marker on him.

Then we were in great position at the dam in a squad game, when a guy comes roaring out of the tunnel and runs all 3 of us over because our high caliber snipers could not pierce his windshield. I thought I was safe behind the pillar between the two garage doors at the fire station, but forgot that vehicles in this game handle about the same as if you put your hand down on a table on its side and slid it along as if imitating a shark fin.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've got the best solution. keep the vehicles OP for running players over, but get rid of the vehicle disabling bullshit and let us actually blow vehicles up instead of letting everyone get out and run off once it's disabled. High risk high reward on both ends.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

I've got the best solution. keep the vehicles OP for running players over, but get rid of the vehicle disabling bullshit and let us actually blow vehicles up instead of letting everyone get out and run off once it's disabled. High risk high reward on both ends.

https://i.imgur.com/m3yo6V9.mp4

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fun, that was a golf cart though. I'm ok with poo poo like the truck taking more than one rocket, but in my experience at least, it's super hard to actually blow up a truck, Heli, or even the SUV without most or all of the occupants being able to jump out at the last minute when it's disabled.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I think all the vehicles are probably fine aside from the truck. It needs either less armor or less maneuverability

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Need some goons to play with on PS4. I'm bad af at COD. Add me anyway.

dog_nougat

Normally CST, but given the current situ am on randomly.

Schach
Jul 21, 2007
I'm not a monster it'sonlyamask.
Do people still play CoD on PS4? Not into battle royale and looking for a shooter to help kill quarantine time with level ups.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

I think being forced to bail in a disadvantaged position isn't a bad trade for getting hit with one rocket.

I've killed a lot of people in vehicles with RPG s the last few days as the VEHICLE META has taken hold. Way more than have run me over. The vehicle literally broadcasts it's position on the minimap. It's so stupidly easy to get position on it.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Fart Car '97 posted:

God drat RPGs own
Here's my best RPG play:

https://i.imgur.com/eZzlUx8.mp4

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

the amount of rockets you can have truly is amazing.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I killed a guy in solos by sending a couple rpgs up the firehouse tower ladder

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
There is something so satisfying about running over a guy who ran away and jumped down a ledge thinking you couldn’t land on them. And then splat.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

:golfclap:

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Also tonight finally won a 3-man warzone after about a week of no wins. I love the gulag and the buy back option. Everyone on my team died at least twice. Getting that second to last circle buy back for a guy is a great feeling. I really like when games end at the dam. Somehow had to run across the icy upper dam open space and managed to survive.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

time to make an RPG loadout

E: you can't choose an RPG as a loadout weapon? that's bullshit :(

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Mar 25, 2020

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Bardeh posted:

time to make an RPG loadout

E: you can't choose an RPG as a loadout weapon? that's bullshit :(

You absolutely can, it's a secondary.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Alchenar posted:

You absolutely can, it's a secondary.

Ah, I forgot to turn Overkill off

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Make the grenade launcher thing more common. I've literally seen it a total of 1 time since warzones been out.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Plunder would work better on a smaller map. It's too easy to win just flying around in a heli and looting

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh god I'm going to try this and gently caress it up so many times but it will be worth it either way

https://i.imgur.com/dhFXCFA.gifv

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Laserface posted:

Plunder would work better on a smaller map. It's too easy to win just flying around in a heli and looting

My Plunder buddy and I both carry Javelins to punish this sort of behavior.

The M91 LMG has become my go-to for Plundering. It hits hard, has excellent accuracy, and allows me to waste ammo at mid to close ranges. Furthermore the primary drawbacks, the slow ADS and open-bolt delay are negligible when you play on a console, so it's working very well for me.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Playing solo, get to the last 10 mostly by driving a truck around. I get in the woods near boneyard and after already running down one guy, I'm trying to run down another who is playing chicken with me near 3 trees that are close together. He's a default that appears to be defenseless, so I finally jump out to finish him off mano a mano. Of course I had my sniper equipped and it takes 6 to 8 weeks to switch weapons, and I was dispatched via his standard issue pistol, finishing 8th.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Be aware that vehicles driven out of bounds will explode when the timer ends. Hopping out resets the timer before you're struck down, BUT I was killed by my exploding buggy trying to get back in bounds after running a guy over.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

I fear IW is going to let plunder fall by the way side. I'm over battle royale game modes but plunder really got me excited about a multiplayer fps and it's a shame to see they've had to drop the player count to 102 just to get full lobbies.
The ability to respawn and get back into the action fits COD gameplay more imo

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
What’s the difference between the RPG and recoilless rifle? Seems like rilfe one shots all vehicles.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKBAL9swMBY

Stuff like this will keep me coming back for a long time

https://i.imgur.com/KLnQHlP.mp4
Sound on, God bless death mic

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Mar 25, 2020

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Kaveman posted:

I fear IW is going to let plunder fall by the way side. I'm over battle royale game modes but plunder really got me excited about a multiplayer fps and it's a shame to see they've had to drop the player count to 102 just to get full lobbies.

It seems once every three matches or so in Plunder I get stuck with a teammate that just sits on top of a building and camps , not quite getting the point of the whole 'Plunder' thing.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/tEPaLqC.gifv

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

SolarFire2 posted:

It seems once every three matches or so in Plunder I get stuck with a teammate that just sits on top of a building and camps , not quite getting the point of the whole 'Plunder' thing.
Most of my Plunder games are just this. I don't mind during the day too much because I'm mostly playing when I can't get any WFH done and just farm weapon XP instead, but it sucks when you want a proper game.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Kaveman posted:

Its my understanding Plunder was part of the original pitch. Warzone = BR + Plunder

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Snack Bitch posted:

What’s the difference between the RPG and recoilless rifle? Seems like rilfe one shots all vehicles.

The recoilless rifle has way less splash, can't hit vehicle weak spots, and doesn't get faster reload from amped. In exhange, it does a bit more direct damage on paper (but it's less in practice since it can't hit weakpoints).

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The velocity on the strela is also mad quick so its good if you're trying to launcher-shame snipers

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/0T69h8C.mp4

Or just clown around in general

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
So they are definitely going to nerf firing a gun while parachuting, right?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

So they are definitely going to nerf firing a gun while parachuting, right?

Of all things to nerf in Warzone, that's not it chief.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Honestly I do hope they nerf it, at least on the initial drop. As fun as it is to gently caress around with I find it really annoying to deal with even if it's just one rear end in a top hat who hits you with 1-2 shots.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Fart Car '97 posted:

Honestly I do hope they nerf it, at least on the initial drop. As fun as it is to gently caress around with I find it really annoying to deal with even if it's just one rear end in a top hat who hits you with 1-2 shots.

Everyone should just drop without a pistol. Seems fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

That doesn't need to be nerfed, still waiting on a 100% aim penalty when jumping/going prone