Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Livestream of Matt and Marisha accidentally burning down their house 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I'm late to the stream, but did they do a gag about looking like they set themselves on fire or did they literally almost set themselves on fire?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Malpais Legate posted:

I'm late to the stream, but did they do a gag about looking like they set themselves on fire or did they literally almost set themselves on fire?

They didn't clean their fireplace in a while so uh yeah they almost burned their house down

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Ah, so that's why they're covered in soot.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
Watching them almost burn their house down is amazing

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I am completely invested in the life of that bird now.

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Dagon is the best bird.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I missed the stream, hope it ends up on youtube.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
They did a lot of foreshadowing, which just speaks to their abilities as storytellers

https://twitter.com/ArseQueef/status/1243219784923299846

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Keru posted:

They did a lot of foreshadowing, which just speaks to their abilities as storytellers

https://twitter.com/ArseQueef/status/1243219784923299846

drat even the quarantine content is scripted

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

NowonSA posted:

I missed the stream, hope it ends up on youtube.

If it isn’t there in a week or two I’ll throw up the vod that I sprinted to youtube-dl to capture the first time they cut away.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ8PMvgGnzE

Might get taken down who knows.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Nuggan posted:

Watching them almost burn their house down is amazing

Malpais Legate posted:

Ah, so that's why they're covered in soot.

They're cosplaying Caleb's parents!

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Gail Simone (Comics writer) started off by tweeting this:

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/1243246356715560960

And that turned into her live-tweeting her reactions to watching episode 1 of the M9 campaign

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/1243286636768546816

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

PST posted:

And that turned into her live-tweeting her reactions to watching episode 1 of the M9 campaign

she gets it

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/1243298338562166785

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Goodness, funny but I am glad they are ok... always keep a fire extinguisher handy folks.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Getting a fire going is a lot more tricky than you'd think. Gotta get the flue open, then get it primed by lighting some paper on fire and holding it up the chimney to heat the air to create that vacuum, then start with kindling and when you get a solid ember bed you can start throwing the big stuff on there. The first time we had a fire in our fireplace we had the same problem. Tons of smoke went back into the place. Ever since we took it slow and made sure the wood was nice and seasoned.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir-tDmRS6Aw

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I’ve watched all of Campaign 2. But I’ve tried a half dozen times to get into campaign 1. I alway start at episode 1 and just give up a few episodes in. I’m wondering how bad would it be to start at like 28 or whenever the Briarwood arch begins? I’m a total completionist so it’s driving me nuts I’m even considering this.

I think the audio/video issues and everyone being a little nervous is just making it hard for me to watch...

Should I keep with it or just start further in?

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Eh, stick with it. There’s some groundwork and characters introduced in there. Plus there’s this plague going so what the hell else are you going to do?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

If you are watching on Youtube put it at 1.5x speed, slowing it down for any cool or serious moments as you like.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

Disappointing Pie posted:

I’ve watched all of Campaign 2. But I’ve tried a half dozen times to get into campaign 1. I alway start at episode 1 and just give up a few episodes in. I’m wondering how bad would it be to start at like 28 or whenever the Briarwood arch begins? I’m a total completionist so it’s driving me nuts I’m even considering this.

I think the audio/video issues and everyone being a little nervous is just making it hard for me to watch...

Should I keep with it or just start further in?

Watch the first 30 some odd episodes on 2x speed.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

I’m wondering how bad would it be to start at like 28 or whenever the Briarwood arch begins?

I'm gonna go against the trend and say "go for it", and that it really can't hurt. It's not like watching stuff has rules, and if you get in to the group that way and want to go back later and re-watch the early episodes, there's no reason you can't do that then. I started at 28 and don't feel like I missed anything of note, beyond maybe the group referring to a time they turned in to cows and it sounded fun. Fun, but certainly not noteworthy enough to be worth putting up with 27 episodes of drama.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Witnone posted:

Watch the first 30 some odd episodes on 2x speed.

Also feel free to skip whenever Tiberius speaks.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.

Dawgstar posted:

Also feel free to skip whenever Tiberius speaks.

That's the other issue I have with those first episodes...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

That's the other issue I have with those first episodes...

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with starting on the Briarwood arc and using stuff like the wiki to see what happened in the earlier episodes. Along with Orion being himself, the early episodes have much worse tech and they're still trying to settle into doing a live show. By the 27th episode they've finally gotten into their groove as a group, gotten good mics, and you only have to watch Orion in one episode while you get the setup.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Ep 18/19 are the best beginner episodes. It's self-contained, don't need to know the campaign, funny, good fight at the end, and no Orion.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
Personally I think it’s fine to start with the Briarwoods. Because of the circumstances of Campaign 1, even starting at episode 1 means you’re starting midway through the story, so why not choose a better entry point?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Silynt posted:

Personally I think it’s fine to start with the Briarwoods. Because of the circumstances of Campaign 1, even starting at episode 1 means you’re starting midway through the story, so why not choose a better entry point?

yeah I did this and the things I didn't understand that they were referencing were, more often than not, actually things that never happened on camera at all

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Scorchy posted:

Ep 18/19 are the best beginner episodes. It's self-contained, don't need to know the campaign, funny, good fight at the end, and no Orion.

I agree. And Slayer’s Take stuff actually comes back later way more than Kraghammer stuff does (unless there’s big payoff from Kraghammer in the final like 20 episodes of CR1, which I haven’t gotten through yet).

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
At least watch the Slayer’s Take episode where they introduce Viktor, the Black Powder Merchant because A: Mercer is really good and B: the cast reaction is amazing

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Also need to watch the introduction of Phillip which is either that same episode or right before/after it.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
The only reason to start earlier than that is the whole Clarota thing, which is really cool.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSBTS1W6QKQ

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

I really hope they cover Lancer.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Silynt posted:

yea even going from episode 1 the literal point of the show is they just started recording their ongoing D&D game and oh poo poo people actually like this stuff? Wild! You're coming in midway through anyway, might as well do it after the creep isn't around to sandbag poo poo

man this is why I love these dorks. You can complain about some stuff but at the end of the day these guys at the least understand that they're super lucky to have such a massive platform and fanbase compared to others in the industry and try to pay it forward. Stuff like this, their after show spotlighting fans' creativity and all, and their general attitude of 'hey guys we're just one part of a whole bigger and awesome world, you should check that out too' is really nice.

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 31, 2020

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJHqIl5fr8A

(Different YT video than the one above)

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Random question, anyone remember the episode where Tallison did that amazing crow call? I can't remember if it was campaign one or two, or anything other than it being incredible.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Congrats to whichever good made the longer bone flute for having it cameo in the video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I just wrapped a campaign where the big bad only failed because they rolled a nat 1 concentration check on the last possible save they had to make before things got REAL BAD, and it was because of a hit by a werewolf NPC we had tagging along for the fight.

Also my character would have unleashed Tharizdun because he thought ending the weird situation that was going on in the plane was what his god would have wanted, then met said god at the end and they were like "Oh no, what's going on here isn't great but it's to keep things from being a LOT worse and you did the best thing you could've."

Overall a fun d&d time was had by all.