Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

whats Eizouken is it better than hate watching ZZ Gundam because I said I was going to watch the entire Gundam catalog in release order

its about some students making an anime and its pure adn good and funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Volte posted:

It's from the early 90s

please imagine that i am not owned and wrote "was put on youtube" in front of that because I have bad reading comprehension.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

LMAO never question hotgirl69 and her betas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubRf4zyEvG4

hotgirl69 is the prophet we need in these dire times.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stux posted:

its about some students making an anime and its pure adn good and funny

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stux posted:

im already sad eizouken is finished and will patiently await a second season
good thing the live action version of eizouken comes out in like a week

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Yeah I saw you post this a while ago and thought it was neat but never actually put in the effort to ask what it was from and then you mentioned it and i looked it up and 1+1=this thing i saw once was eizouken and i should ask stux if it's good

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oddium posted:

watch tatami galaxy

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

bushisms.txt posted:

https://youtu.be/ubRf4zyEvG4

hotgirl69 for president

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bioshock and Borderlands coming to the Switch :stare:

:siren: XCOM 2 coming to the Switch :siren: :getin:

All May 29 :stare:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, Panzer Dragoon remake dropped out of no where

Also, hey chat. Been mostly been away from SA lately but how are you doing?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Star Wars Episode 1 loving Racer

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Good Job! looks delightful :allears:

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Good Job! seems like my kind of game. I think that says a lot about me.

There is no way the Smash community is going to be happy about fighter #6.

The Dark Souls of Posters fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 26, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Was really hoping for another sword user.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

whats Eizouken is it better than hate watching ZZ Gundam because I said I was going to watch the entire Gundam catalog in release order

It's an anime about girls making anime. The manga it's based on is kind of rough so it's kind of amazing how much the anime expanded upon it by actually being a love letter to the craft of making animation. Like the first episode opens with them watching Future Boy Conan which they got permission to air scenes but couldn't get permission to redistribute the actual original footage so they recreate frame by frame scenes from Future Boy Conan it's nuts.

Basically it's a funny slice of life anime about an anime club interspersed with Hayao Miyazaki watercolor segments and loving musings on professional animation techniques set to a whimsical soundtrack and people making mouth noises for sound effects. And it's all set in a weird semi-modern future that looks like environmental change and maybe nuclear war decimated the planet but they never talk about it but it's there in the background and I'm pretty sure it's just another Future Boy Conan reference.

e: there's a hilarious segment where they torture an audio engineer by playing Unity_footsteps.wav as she walks over different terrain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxLDm9_22Ic

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ARMS fighter is probably Ribbon Girl since Spring Man already has an assist trophy and that would probably be confusing enough to affect the balance.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Awesome Animals posted:

There is no way the Smash community is going to be happy

Fixed this. Also gently caress yeah Episode One Racer on Switch.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

no one will believe me but ARMs was very good (but by the time I bought it all the characters and stuff had been patched in - apparently it didn't have much at launch)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

lol they changed Intelleon's Gigantamax 'clearly this is a gun' into 'this is water in the shape of a gun' :allears:

Star Wars Pod Racing as well

That Direct was nuts.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I would have tried Arms by now if first party Nintendo games ever went down in price. Despite it being the flip of the Switch launch, it has not gone down in price

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I played Arms once, and it was pretty fun. I was in a group though.

Episode One Racer is a day one buy for me.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

axelblaze posted:

I would have tried Arms by now if first party Nintendo games ever went down in price. Despite it being the flip of the Switch launch, it has not gone down in price

It's free to play for about 10 days if you're a Switch Online sub.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

so apparently this shinsekai game was on apple arcade? was it any good? it looks freakin' gorgeous

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I wish i wasn't broke, i want all the games that dropped today

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Arms is really fun to play locally with another person next to you and then forget entirely about which in these times may be very easy or very difficult for you.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Phantasium posted:

so apparently this shinsekai game was on apple arcade? was it any good? it looks freakin' gorgeous

Reviews from that version seem almost universally positive, the only real complaints are that it runs out of ideas in the later stages and the touch controls weren't great.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I wish i wasn't broke, i want all the games that dropped today

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The ARMS rep should be dark horse candidate Lola Pop

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

bushisms.txt posted:

https://youtu.be/ubRf4zyEvG4

no zelda or metroid news though, hotgirl69 lied

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

al-azad posted:

It's an anime about girls making anime. The manga it's based on is kind of rough so it's kind of amazing how much the anime expanded upon it by actually being a love letter to the craft of making animation. Like the first episode opens with them watching Future Boy Conan which they got permission to air scenes but couldn't get permission to redistribute the actual original footage so they recreate frame by frame scenes from Future Boy Conan it's nuts.

Basically it's a funny slice of life anime about an anime club interspersed with Hayao Miyazaki watercolor segments and loving musings on professional animation techniques set to a whimsical soundtrack and people making mouth noises for sound effects. And it's all set in a weird semi-modern future that looks like environmental change and maybe nuclear war decimated the planet but they never talk about it but it's there in the background and I'm pretty sure it's just another Future Boy Conan reference.

e: there's a hilarious segment where they torture an audio engineer by playing Unity_footsteps.wav as she walks over different terrain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxLDm9_22Ic

this seems incredibly good and i'm convinced

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ymgve posted:

no zelda or metroid news though, hotgirl69 lied

hotgirl27 at best, really

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Other people have already told you how it's a love letter to the craft of animation but it bears mentioning that among the lead trio, one loves concept design, the second loves animation and the third (and best) loves money and making more of it so unlike most other love letters to making cartoons there's also interesting and welcome discussions on how getting fat sacks of sweet dough for your work is good and an integral aspect of the survival of the craft and how your product is only good if it actually comes out and that may require compromising on the artistic vision.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I wake up and everybody talking about Wild ARMs

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I'm finding myself making good progress in the grindiest of things, Division 2 seasonal content, Animal Crossing gathering, even picked up filling out my RDR2 compendium again.

These are truly the poopsockiest of times, my friends.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh poo poo, Bravely Default 2 demo out of nowhere :eyepop:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

plot twist, it'll be one of those smash characters like DQ guy where all the skins are different characters, and it's the entire cast of arms

the differences between characters in that game are pretty minute anyway, just mobility + one special ability

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

njsykora posted:

Reviews from that version seem almost universally positive, the only real complaints are that it runs out of ideas in the later stages and the touch controls weren't great.

I bought it because it seems like a bunch of ex Lost Planet devs worked on it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Chev posted:

Other people have already told you how it's a love letter to the craft of animation but it bears mentioning that among the lead trio, one loves concept design, the second loves animation and the third (and best) loves money and making more of it so unlike most other love letters to making cartoons there's also interesting and welcome discussions on how getting fat sacks of sweet dough for your work is good and an integral aspect of the survival of the craft and how your product is only good if it actually comes out and that may require compromising on the artistic vision.

all four of them are the best and doumeki deserves respect

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

make clap doumeki clap official clap main clap cast clap for clap season clap two clap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1243196259168653317?s=20