Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Goatse: IN SPAAAAAAACE

Edit: Oh hello totp. Keep in mind that this is a real screenshot from the game. And that the lewd jokes have spread from the devstreams to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
With DE you never know if it wasn't an NGage rumor situation after all

they crack dozens of innuendo jokes during dev streams and named it "scarlet spear" ffs

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
What exilus mod do y'all use on your Lenzes?
I'm about to actually, unironically use Ammo Drum for the very first time in my Warframe career.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I'm about to actually, unironically use Ammo Drum for the very first time in my Warframe career.

Ammo conversion on ammo hogs (Kuva Kohm, Acceltra, Pox, Akarius, etc.) and projectile speed on everything else.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I could see Ammo Drum on a Lenz.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DoombatINC posted:

Thank loving god. Yesterday I conjectured that the railjack side of the event was set up in such a way where people with their own jacks would automatically be assigned as hosts, and the people joining from matchmaking were exclusively jackless. This meant three of the four people in every public session likely had no railjack experience whatsoever, and boy oh boy was that making pugs more unbearable than baseline.

Wait, there's matchmaking for the railjack part? I tried joining in yesterday and wound up stuck in my own, underdeveloped railjack, having a very sad time of it.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

Seeing Crimson Spear gameplay has demoralized me so much that I kinda dried up on Warframe. I still love it, but unless they make some definite changes to the grindiness of Red Shaft before it gets to us console untermensch I think I might put it on the backburner.

It's gonna be a long time before it reaches console, I hope QoL changes hit it first

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

prefect posted:

Wait, there's matchmaking for the railjack part? I tried joining in yesterday and wound up stuck in my own, underdeveloped railjack, having a very sad time of it.

reb said it should be fixed now

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

Seeing Crimson Spear gameplay has demoralized me so much that I kinda dried up on Warframe. I still love it, but unless they make some definite changes to the grindiness of Red Shaft before it gets to us console untermensch I think I might put it on the backburner.

This is how I felt after seeing the grind and new RNG stats direction for Liches which they doubled down on for Railjack. I'd reached Arbitrations in the PC restart, which meant I'd essentially finished the starchart content that I like most about this game so it was a good time to walk away. I'm sure they'll course correct again away from this current focus on grind as content.

They should take out the stories from Nightwave and just roll out new seasons/reward ladders 4-6 weeks after the old one ends. Tying each season to a new story and content they don't have the time to do seemed like a mistake and it's proving to be one.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Vigilante Supplies, it's the only one that's a damage boost.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Saw this on the forums when I went to see how the release was doing: https://ibb.co/HY7dpRy

That seems to have come from this: http://northeurope.blob.euroland.com/press-releases-attachments/1199767/HKEX-EPS_20200317_9191375-0.PDF

quote:

LEYOU TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS LIMITED
PROFIT WARNING
for the year ended 31 December 2019 and other information currently available,
the Group expects to record a loss for the year in the range of approximately US$4.0 million
to US$8.0 million as compared to the profit for the year of US$20.4 million recorded in the
consolidated financial statements of the Company for the year ended 31 December 2018.
This was primarily attributable to (i) a decrease in revenue of the Group due to fewer content
update release of our flagship product Warframe during the year
; (ii) an increase in selling and
marketing expenses as the Group has engaged in more extensive advertising and promotion
activities during the year; and (iii) a turnaround of net foreign exchange difference from a
gain in 2018 to a loss in 2019 as a result of the depreciation of the foreign currencies against
Canadian Dollars as at 31 December 2019.

Bold is mine. Their #1 self-identified problem is the number of releases (not size or engagement). Expect to see a lot more bite-sized content drops like the current one as opposed to grand plans as discussed at Tennocon - or so I guess.

E: That's the parent company's profit warning, not Warframe's. They obviously have other things going on, so those numbers are not for Warframe itself. But the parent company names Warframe's lack of content drops as their #1 reason for revenue drop.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
they werent releasing much in 2019 because half their team was stuck on working on railjack to my understanding. so yeah im pretty sure theyve said as much that more content will release faster now that railjacks out since there isnt a skeleton crew of people doing new content.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I played the new operation for the first time last night and I loved it. The fact that I finally get to have arcanes is even better.

There seemed to be a lot more ground crews than Murex groups. What happens to extra kill codes? Do they get saved up for later crews or are they just lost?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Railjack isn't fun. I've given it as much space to grow as I can but the gameplay loop isn't satisfying. Even if it wasn't rife with bugs, the space combat feels slow and janky, running around to put out fires etc. feels like a chore, and each mission feels like it goes on forever. And that's only if you have a good crew, which most of the time you will not if you play with random players. Further, there is no way to opt out of missions if the host decides to start another, and leaving mid-mission more often than not will rob you of all rewards earned from previous missions. Progression is slow and torturous, the salvaging mechanic is an unfun RNG-laden grindfest, and every mission feels the same with just increasing levels of tedium.

Railjack is up there with Lunaro, Kuva Liches, and Archwing in terms of ambitious projects that turned out badly.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013
The space part of the new operation confused me (albeit as someone who hasn't done railjack yet)

1) as a crew, what should I be doing? Just put out the occasional fire and kill the occasional boarding party? Shoot (futilely) at the occasional ship? Just watch the pilot cruise around while reading blogs on my phone??

2) What should I be doing in archwing role? Just picking up the yellow drops?

3) Is there a way I can leave the mission w/o abandoning it ala the ground missions. Last night, I watched my pubbie pilot drive around for 40 minutes before I gave up...which apparently forfeitted the railjack materials / mods we collected.

3.5) during that marathon, I never saw our Murax kill count (or whatever) go up. What were "we" doing wrong? (we did circle the transmitter thing for 10-15 minutes. Nothing seemed to happen)

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

Railjack is up there with Lunaro, Kuva Liches, and Archwing in terms of ambitious projects that turned out badly.

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with lunaro and even normal PVP; as usual, it's the players. The 10 try hards that grind against each other all day every day don't have the impulse control to teach or goad new players into the PVP systems. Instead, the instant a newbie shows up they run them over with a mack truck and drive them away. For a short period there was a duo of people randomly inviting pubbies and taking them in to lunaro only to slam the poo poo out them. I do enjoy railjack but agree that it does still have major issues and lack of content which is why I'm playing SotC and Control in the meantime.

edit: I can't wait to see the dumpster fire that is the community controlled frame design contest.

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 26, 2020

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

gaj70 posted:

The space part of the new operation confused me (albeit as someone who hasn't done railjack yet)

1) as a crew, what should I be doing? Just put out the occasional fire and kill the occasional boarding party? Shoot (futilely) at the occasional ship? Just watch the pilot cruise around while reading blogs on my phone??

2) What should I be doing in archwing role? Just picking up the yellow drops?

3) Is there a way I can leave the mission w/o abandoning it ala the ground missions. Last night, I watched my pubbie pilot drive around for 40 minutes before I gave up...which apparently forfeitted the railjack materials / mods we collected.

3.5) during that marathon, I never saw our Murax kill count (or whatever) go up. What were "we" doing wrong? (we did circle the transmitter thing for 10-15 minutes. Nothing seemed to happen)

The pilot should be beelining for the murex and parking inside it. If they're not, they don't know what they're doing and you should quit.

You should go into the murex ASAP and put down your oplink. If the ship is actually in trouble you can port back, but generally this is not a problem if the ship is parked inside the murex. Basically you can ignore the space part because of this exploit

If the kill codes don't go up it's probably because of lack of ground teams, switch to ground or find another relay.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Yeah, Warframe is amazing, but I'm going to take a break and I might skip out on Bright Red Dick entirely when it comes out on console. It looks like a waste of time.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I don't actually mind the ground mission as a concept, but the reward structure is designed in a way that it's basically guaranteed it will very quickly run out its welcome and become insanely tedious if you want to grab anything noteworthy from the store. It's like DE makes an alright enough cake to eat, but then will lock stuff behind eating so absurdly much of it that you'll actually get sick of it, inevitably turning an alright first impression into a terrible memory of an awful experience.

I guess as a passive benefit it might drive arcane prices down even if you avoid burning yourself out on it. But of course we haven't seen the cost of the rarer arcanes yet.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

RoadCrewWorker posted:

It's like DE makes an alright enough cake to eat, but then will lock stuff behind eating so absurdly much of it that you'll actually get sick of it, inevitably turning an alright first impression into a terrible memory of an awful experience.

This has been a problem since, like, Excavation debuted. I started playing well after it showed up, and years later was still seeing people refuse to Excavate because they had burned out on it in the introductory event.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I've been playing this off and on for a long time. I just finished The Sacrifice and got the next bit where I need to craft Paracesis. I am no where close on the mats for this. I haven't even touched the ducats since the amount I play means everything I get is something I don't have. Are there any recommendations for farming the mats for this?

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
You shouldn't need to craft the Paracesis for anything quest related. It's no longer required for the railjack cutscene, although console might not have gotten that update yet.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

DisposableHero posted:

I've been playing this off and on for a long time. I just finished The Sacrifice and got the next bit where I need to craft Paracesis. I am no where close on the mats for this. I haven't even touched the ducats since the amount I play means everything I get is something I don't have. Are there any recommendations for farming the mats for this?

Well the Eidolon Shards come from the Eidolons on Earth. Galatine BP is in the market for credits. You can trade players Plat for ducat fodder, or run quick void relics to collect prime pieces. Credits from Index or Profit Taker. I haven't needed to look for an OCell for years, someone else can step in with the favored way to find those.

Plus what gnoma said, probably.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

BMan posted:

If the kill codes don't go up it's probably because of lack of ground teams, switch to ground or find another relay.
There's currently a bug with kill codes too. If your team suddenly stops getting kill codes, but the local chat window shows them being generated, the host of the murex raid needs to pull everyone out and start over.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

gnoma posted:

You shouldn't need to craft the Paracesis for anything quest related. It's no longer required for the railjack cutscene, although console might not have gotten that update yet.

Ah ok. I thought it would be a pre-req for the next main story step the way it was presented. I won't worry about it for now then.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

E: It certainly use to be and that presentation isn't going to change, but I'd trust other players who say it isn't necessary any more. It is really good but you can get close to the Paracesis with Gram and Galatine Prime or a good zaw.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Fwiw I somewhat quickly burned out on current railjack content, still haven't farmed that commander rifle but drat am I glad I got the Pennant, and Scarlet Spear is easily my favorite railjack content right now. I know that's not really saying much in comparison, especially to you, but hear me out. Railjack certainly needs more content, its the same two missions with bigger numbers, sometimes there will be a thing to explore after the mission and thats neat but it doesn't happen nearly enough and the explore-able stuff that can appear needs fleshing out something fierce. But Scarlet Spear is barely a railjack event. The ground missions have nothing to do with railjacks and they're pretty okay with a group, a boring slog solo though. The space missions have you tow satellites into sentient scout ships and then you can hide your jack inside the sentient structure to hide it from all enemy ships, if they even spawn anymore, I didn't see any at all yesterday. So there's a ground mobile defense esque mission and a cool defense in a sentient ship, and the sentients get kind of challenging at high level.

What I'm saying is I totally hear you and understand but if the consoles get a decent amount of hot fixes wrapped in with the scarlet spear update you might want to give it a shot anyway. We can already queue as host or looking to join for space missions, I would be a little surprised if ground missions don't get the option to wait in queue for other players in the relay to join in, or just default to the player group settings like it does now.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

aegof posted:

because they had burned out on it in the introductory event.
Yeah, i didn't say this was anything new or unusual, but i think i'd feel a lot less bothered by it if the store wasn't attached to a time-limited event.

I'm not fan of excavation by any means, but because i can jump in every few days or even weeks at my own pace i've eventually grabbed enough cryo for (potentially multiple) sibears. It's also why i'm less annoyed by lich or railjack reward structures - i can (and have) ignored them for weeks and only bothered to play a round or ten of them when i felt in the mood for it, and have enjoyed them much more for it.

Something about the combination of "low pay monotony" and "event with deadline" brings out the worst in warframe. Acolytes and Nightwave at least offer some variation in their marathons, the closest thing in "run the same exact mission" monotony i can think of is Plague Star, but at least that pays reasonably quickly in forma and has interesting timesavers you can try to optimize.

Here's hoping for more fine (or rather, coarse) tuning and possibly an extension when something bugs out or the april update is inevitebly delayed.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I have a feeling the next big content update will include more RJ and Lich stuff, but with a Corpus flavor, and they can probably drop both at once.

Take in mind this current stuff is just getting the tech right. The next few updates will probably be the crazy BS.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Wow. Need to sell a +dam +fire rate +cc Chakhurr riven on ps4 but I've not actually used that gun yet -- I'm pretty sure that's good though. Any recommendations how much I should aim for? Is the Chakhurr still a hot ticket item?

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One bright side of the event is it shows they have the tech coded for railjack mobdef / def. I'm sure we'll get satellite transporting worked into the corpus release, then grineer.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pipski posted:

Wow. Need to sell a +dam +fire rate +cc Chakhurr riven on ps4 but I've not actually used that gun yet -- I'm pretty sure that's good though. Any recommendations how much I should aim for? Is the Chakhurr still a hot ticket item?

I have no idea what prices are on ps4, but I would wait at least for the event to get a release date on consoles. The chakhurr is very strong against goatse. I would imagine that would help boost sales.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

Anora posted:

I have a feeling the next big content update will include more RJ and Lich stuff, but with a Corpus flavor, and they can probably drop both at once.

Take in mind this current stuff is just getting the tech right. The next few updates will probably be the crazy BS.

Imagine actually believing this . :lol:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Pipski posted:

It's a good riven for a good gun but the fire meta market right now is bramma and shedu with some of the upcoming primes. Riven market, as always, is extremely gently caress up. Maybe aim for 500 but accept down to 300?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Sample_text posted:

Imagine actually believing this . :lol:

de has had a long history of their first iteration of something being rocky and the follow-ups being pretty good. people can do the stupid Haha Wow DE Sure Are A Bunch Of Fuckwits game all they want but there's kind of precedent for this

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
The most recent forums devpost acknowledges the rocky-launch feeling all the recent updates have had, so hopefully whatever they have in mind to address that will be effective.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

Johnny Joestar posted:

people can do the stupid Haha Wow DE Sure Are A Bunch Of Fuckwits game all they want but there's kind of precedent for this

I never called them fuckwits. I'm just saying it'd be pretty naive to expect some Fortuna level release from them anymore.
Next update will be the beginning iteration on the Corpus railjack content. They've said that.
Next Nightwave will be probably next after that.
They'll be lucky to get the New War out in its completion by the end of this year, what with the state of the world, working from home etc.
The closest thing to "the real awesome crazy BS" will be most likely the Duviri Planes, because like you said, their second draft of something ends up being a lot better, and in this case it'd be the third draft of an open world.
But, that's after the New War.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Last devstream they talked about opening up the test servers to more players in an attempt to widen the bug testing. Seems like a decent idea as long as it's not just the design council lol.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I guess my first question must've been dumb so hopefully this is a better one. :shobon:

I was in a flotilla and it became obvious it wasn't going to make it to 100 in time. If I switched to a different flotilla it would count my progress in that one and not the failed one for the purposes of the victory reward?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Who knows. Lack of transparency in this systems I think risks making them buggier. MAybe a wash in if they feel buggier to players though.

Also can't help but feel that 2/3rds of the intended points gain being from flotilla victory mailouts was a baaaaad plan. Especially mailouts you don't know to expect just from reading ingame material? (Unless I missed something which I'll admit is possible).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

It's a good riven for a good gun but the fire meta market right now is bramma and shedu with some of the upcoming primes. Riven market, as always, is extremely gently caress up. Maybe aim for 500 but accept down to 300?

that's kinda the range i was expecting -- thanks for the 2nd opinion. I'll aim for that.

Avynte posted:

I have no idea what prices are on ps4, but I would wait at least for the event to get a release date on consoles. The chakhurr is very strong against goatse. I would imagine that would help boost sales.

That's probably good advice, but I'm selling it on behalf of a friend and I need the slot back asap!