Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
It's wrong to be smiling right now, isn't it?

That would make you a bad person, wouldn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Boris Johnson has Coronavirus

lmfao

:sickos:

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Shut up Meg posted:

Stop being weak. It's good to enjoy the suffering of tories, who aren't really human anyway.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Shut up Meg posted:

Merely smiling? yes.

Laughing your Goddamned arse off...?

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I hope all the cabinet and royal family are infected with this deadly disease. :)

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

bitterandtwisted posted:

I hope all the cabinet and royal family are infected with this deadly disease. :)

They need to show the Blitz Spirit and muck into it with the rest of us plebs.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
Now he has to self-isolate and stay with his partner for 14 days.

That's going to be a personal best for him.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
https://twitter.com/MikeMar82888097/status/1243499510241902592

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

hate to say it but I would gift it to Trump/America over us, Boris' survival odds are just too good :sigh:

Shut up Meg posted:

much like Maggie's death, the only wrong is denying the happiness.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Pounded in the lungs by herd immunity.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Shut up Meg posted:

I just opened up youtube a few minutes ago and scrolled down to the news section.

I saw the BBC thumbnail and involuntarily exclaimed "YES!" outloud.

Then a shiver ran down my spine at the thought of the person I have become...

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Valko posted:

I just opened up youtube a few minutes ago and scrolled down to the news section.

I was actually halfway through a post to you, Galewolf and StabMasterArson, suggesting that you all tried to limit your viewing of news sites as they were probably not conducive to your mental health as most of the stories were very negative.

I even counted and did the maths: this morning, the BBC News website was approx 95% negative with only 1 positive story on the entire front page (and that was onl a 'most read' link). That's a bum way to start the day. Maybe some self-censorship would be a good idea.

...Unless there is a news story that makes you smile.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Valko posted:

It's normal, good and healthy to rejoice at bad things happening to someone as unadulteratedly evil as Boris Johnson.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

We can all agree that death is bad, but it's objectively good for Boris to poo poo himself live on stage. Hoping for a brighter future.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Shut up Meg posted:

Absolutely wrong.

Him and all the other ghouls will recover fine after having an easy time of it, just adding to the ‘see it’s nothing’ brigade.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
keep calm and corona on

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Valko posted:

The Tories would pass policies that would kill you in a heartbeat if there was a profit in it for them. Don't feel bad about hating them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bitterandtwisted posted:

Unironically same

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

This news might inspire Jair Bolsonaro to admit he has it.

Maybe.

Anyway, I wonder what Dominic Cummings is thinking now about his "if that means some pensioners die, too bad" comments. I know they're claiming he never said it, but they would say that.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Shut up Meg posted:

I was actually halfway through a post to you, Galewolf and StabMasterArson, suggesting that you all tried to limit your viewing of news sites as they were probably not conducive to your mental health as most of the stories were very negative.

I even counted and did the maths: this morning, the BBC News website was approx 95% negative with only 1 positive story on the entire front page (and that was onl a 'most read' link). That's a bum way to start the day. Maybe some self-censorship would be a good idea.

I know it's not mentally healthy but even through osmosis you get exposed almost as much as voluntarily tracking this stuff.

I only check whatsapp to keep in touch with my family and friends and they be like "Hey, we heard XYZ happed in the UK, you alright?"

They mean well of course but unless I full on go for a information lockdown it's pretty hard to avoid getting bad news.

Your concern is much appreciated though, I'll try to reduce the amount of news intake.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Shut up Meg posted:

I dont read the news for this very reason. Unofrtunately my housemate, his parents and my parents all loving love the news so they ram it down my throat at every opportunity

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

careful, someone got a probe in DnD for not gleefully wishing death on BoJo

MR.B
Mar 15, 2007

I am the Owl
Today in retail, a boomer got my attention my grabbing my shoulder. Looked shocked when I recoiled in disgust.

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

BoJo getting the corona had brightened my lonely, isolated day and made it all worthwhile. But I just brought up the news and saw Michael Gove's gormless idiot face instead :sigh:.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol the coworker i've been working next to all week lives with his parents and his mum has tested positive

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Jose posted:

lol the coworker i've been working next to all week lives with his parents and his mum has tested positive

:rip:

The guy I sit next to at work has started complaining of symptoms. We started WFH this Monday. Wonder how long he’s been incubating.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Voting Floater posted:

BoJo getting the corona had brightened my lonely, isolated day and made it all worthwhile. But I just brought up the news and saw Michael Gove's gormless idiot face instead :sigh:.

Boris almost certainly has spread this around every person in the cabinet due to him ignoring all the rules on distancing.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Voting Floater posted:

Was he at least drinking water?
https://twitter.com/rgncny/status/748906900738244608?s=20

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
guys I just checked the tory leadership rules and if bojo dies the coronavirus is our new prime minister

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Ultra Carp

Bug chaser boris

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Vim Fuego posted:

Bug chaser boris sends out AUSTERITY.
What will NHS do?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

But I Brexit from there

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
One of the work-shy colleagues who was off work with symptoms has been hospitalised, his test came up positive for the virus. A number of vulnerable colleagues this past week have been told to go home and isolate for the next twelve weeks. I've deleted some views on working operations and the changes but this isn't the place for it. I have a weekend away from work, weekends off usually means time to put some work into ongoing LP's.

As for Boris getting the virus, I don't want anyone to suffer through this but the Tory attitude towards the NHS has made me lose any sympathy for him. I wonder how many resources the NHS will get now compared to the alternate universe where he didn't contract the virus.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

But I Brexit from there

There's no Brexit from a trainer battle!

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

As for Boris getting the virus, I don't want anyone to suffer through this but the Tory attitude towards the NHS has made me lose any sympathy for him. I wonder how many resources the NHS will get now compared to the alternate universe where he didn't contract the virus.

None? He's not going to use the NHS, like a pleb.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

But I Brexit from there

Not today you don't

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

TacticalNecromancy posted:

None? He's not going to use the NHS, like a pleb.

Forgive my mind for marching into hypothetical territory.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

careful, someone got a probe in DnD for not gleefully wishing death on BoJo

drat I hope that doesn't happen to me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Does B.J. always struggle to form complete sentences like that?