Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

WatermelonGun posted:

my favorite part of 2f2f is when the dead Paul walker pins it while staring crazy eyed at eva mendes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iScy0XRvlWw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Friend posted from the hospital yesterday. He's been tested for Covid 19 but regardless of if he has it or not he apparently has pneumonia (he called it a 'touch' of pneumonia but I don't think it works that way). He's young(ish) but is also diabetic so I worry a bit.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

fun with Youtube transcripts:

I'm putting together a training package for new healthcare assistants as we can't train anyone in person at the moment. As part of that we got an experienced clinician to demonstrate a particular emergency kit on video. For people with hearing difficulties I'm writing a transcript based on the autogenerated youtube transcript. Some of it is wild. It just transcribed the line

"Alongside your oxygen goes your oxygen mask that we showed you at the front."

as

"Alongside your Bonjour Bob streamers that we showed you at the front."

I have no idea what Bonjour Bob streamers are but every medical kit needs them.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

first half of the new NIN ghosts album is pretty much the minecraft soundtrack. might be good for doing work to, unless your work is mindless and tedious since you would need more stimulation than it provides! hahga

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cavauro posted:

first half of the new NIN ghosts album is pretty much the minecraft soundtrack. might be good for doing work to, unless your work is mindless and tedious since you would need more stimulation than it provides! hahga

I always loved Ghosts and really dug Ghosts V when I listened to it yesterday. Second album seemed less interesting to me but then again I just had it in the background while doing other stuff. Will need to listen to them more. In any case I’m always happy when ol’ T-Rez drops some new poo poo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

second half was more interesting to me, but less something that you would listen to for general enjoyment. A real ")sh(art piece" in that regard. I think creators could potentially get more out of using it, even if only some small samples

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I was a hardcore NIN fan growing up. One of the few times I successfully shoplifted was one of those sweet "poo poo spattered all over it" Downward Spiral shirts from a Karma Records. I stopped following after the The Fragile tours(saw them like 3 times) and the follow up albums With Teeth and Year Zero just felt...tired. Plus, at the time, I couldn't wrap my head around a rich dude that old having so many relationship problems. I've reconsidered that stance.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought with teeth was disappointing in 2005 but now i think it's very good

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Downward Spiral is a once in a century record so its ok if his other offerings aren't nearly as impressive.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

With Teeth is absolutely a weaker album in his output (still like it though) but you can just feel like this is a new man successfully fighting his demons away, finally. Year Zero rules, the latest NIN EP was great and some of his soundtrack work the best stuff he’s ever done, The Social Network score is in my top 10 of fav albums ever. Think the rest of his more recent stuff isn’t brilliant or anything but always of high quality and worth checking out, but mostly I’m just really happy that this is obviously a person who has found himself and music in a way he never could when he was still destoying his body and life with drugs

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah. i put broken on the same level as tds though

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wonder what happened between Aphex Twin and Nine Inch Nails that's keeping Aphex's remix off of the Further Down The Spiral album.

E: oh nevermind, iTunes just has terrible attribution.

coconono fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Mar 27, 2020

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

coconono posted:

I was a hardcore NIN fan growing up. One of the few times I successfully shoplifted was one of those sweet "poo poo spattered all over it" Downward Spiral shirts from a Karma Records. I stopped following after the The Fragile tours(saw them like 3 times) and the follow up albums With Teeth and Year Zero just felt...tired. Plus, at the time, I couldn't wrap my head around a rich dude that old having so many relationship problems. I've reconsidered that stance.

Likewise, aside from the shoplifting stuff. I was in a bad place when I was a big fan and listening to it now just feels like self harm.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I was watching some stuff on the Network since they have all the PPVs available for free at the moment, and now I want to start some kind of a general PPV review/rant thread, or maybe some sort of watchalong-type thing where we pick one show each week and post comments (current thoughts or what we thought about the show when it aired, or both).

My "let's watch random matches and write stuff about them" thread last year died pretty much instantly because I didn't have time to update it after the first couple of posts, barely anyone else participated, and I admittedly went into way too much detail in the writeups. Maybe doing entire PPVs would keep my match writeups more concise and nicer to read, and classic WWF/E stuff would be more accessible than random old matches on NJPW World.

I don't know, I've just always liked writing about wrestling and sharing my thoughts. :shobon:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I loved your retro NJPW dives but I had to imagine that was a majorly unpaid effort.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

coconono posted:

I loved your retro NJPW dives but I had to imagine that was a majorly unpaid effort.
I honestly didn't mind the effort because again, I like writing about stuff I enjoy. I just didn't have time to keep that thread going because I had to focus on other things, and since the thread wasn't getting much traffic I assumed nobody cared so it just kinda fell by the wayside.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Doc M posted:

I honestly didn't mind the effort because again, I like writing about stuff I enjoy. I just didn't have time to keep that thread going because I had to focus on other things, and since the thread wasn't getting much traffic I assumed nobody cared so it just kinda fell by the wayside.

I'd think something like that would work better in an article form rather an ongoing discussion but that's just how my brain works I guess.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

coconono posted:

I'd think something like that would work better in an article form rather an ongoing discussion but that's just how my brain works I guess.
Yeah, I'll definitely tweak the format a bit for the classic PPV reviews to make it more conversational, so it won't just be me going on about how cool Tiger Mask's arm drags are (they are very cool, though).

I think I'll write up my Survivor Series 2002 review to get things started and :justpost:, then we can figure out from there if we just want to talk about whatever shows we've been watching or if we should pick one specific PPV to discuss each week. If people like it and want to participate, that's great. If it doesn't catch on and I end up talking to myself, oh well. I just want to have something (other than video games) to do while I'm cooped up inside for the next several months.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

does anyone remember if the Final Fantasy Tactics port to the PSP had any major improvements or should I scum around for a PSX original?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I think the PSP port had serious issues with slowdown.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i said forget about it cuh

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

psp port has a slowdown fix you can apply and is not just a straight port but the definitive edition of the game. I know this because i'm a master of fft, having played it once in 1999 and dying in some of the first battles and not playing it any longer after that, as i've told you before here in my biography thread.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!
I started another playthrough of GTA IV on the PC because A)I haven't played it since it first came out and B)Rockstar just re-released it without the "Games for Windows" DRM. It's actually a lot more fun than I thought it'd be, especially having played GTA V (and still playing GTA Online from time to time). I think part of it is because I actually lived in NYC for a brief time, so a lot of the game's locations are bringing back some memories (whereas I only visited L.A. once or twice, so GTA V's locations don't have the same sort of sentimental value).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I always tried to get fist fight people in the Comedy Store parking lot in GTAV. felt more authentic that way.

GTAIV is the forgotten GTA because it was so serious. You're over here doing Eastern Promise type poo poo while Saints Row and a bunch of other games got you shooting the poop.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Punchsport pagoda

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

coconono posted:

I always tried to get fist fight people in the Comedy Store parking lot in GTAV. felt more authentic that way.

GTAIV is the forgotten GTA because it was so serious. You're over here doing Eastern Promise type poo poo while Saints Row and a bunch of other games got you shooting the poop.

I also felt like it was still teaching me the game like 15 hours in.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

piss poo poo pig

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

piss poo poo pig

I'm a big fan of TrueAnon too

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

play some pogs

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cavauro posted:

piss poo poo pig

I don’t know this version of NIN - Piggy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cavauro posted:

i thought with teeth was disappointing in 2005 but now i think it's very good

it and year zero have both aged really well. NIN is still a really good show live, when they do tour. 2nd to last time i saw them they teased playing all of The Fragile live.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Captain Magic posted:

I also felt like it was still teaching me the game like 15 hours in.
remember when there was a whole mission dedicated to showing you how to throw a brick through a window, an action you performed precisely zero times in the rest of the game or its expansions

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

fast 4 more like fast 4/10 lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cavauro posted:

psp port has a slowdown fix you can apply and is not just a straight port but the definitive edition of the game. I know this because i'm a master of fft, having played it once in 1999 and dying in some of the first battles and not playing it any longer after that, as i've told you before here in my biography thread.

This is actually D-Mac's biography thread. You're just part of his story.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

People like to talk about being creative and poo poo while staying at home with the corona virus poo poo happening, but I find myself just... completely blank, nowadays

All my university stuff moved online and a lot of it requires writing up possible lesson plans and poo poo like that on different subjects. This would normally not be a problem for me but I guess this whole sitting around in my home and not seeing people in the flesh is dulling my brain - I can’t think of anything anymore. Also I have no motivation to work on music either. It sucks

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh I've been getting home, making sure the kids know my name and get immediately sick of my dad jokes then getting high af in my smoke room.

Thanks to the essential travel only ban, the commute has been less hellish. Its starting to pick back up because people are getting antsy.

Gotta take my youngest to his pre-surgery review thing next wednesday. Its at the hospital proper and I'm not looking forward to it.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

vomited a couple of times, my hips ached and trained how to work virtually but still told to come into work ...

aiya.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TV Zombie posted:

vomited a couple of times, my hips ached and trained how to work virtually but still told to come into work ...

aiya.

puke on everything, sneeze on every surface, fart on your boss. gently caress them up so bad they won't even know how to recover

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

My mom's cousin, who survived AIDS in the 80s, has Covid-19.

The only other queer person in my family. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Another crazy day here working on food stamp applications. Gotta say I'm pretty proud of my state. We've had so many applications that they taken every single SNAP worker in the state and change them to just handle these cases. People who are already active are being automatically renewed and being bumped up to get the maximum amount for their household size. In addition to that we're waving a lot of things you usually have to do to get food stamps so that we can get help to people as soon as possible and for there to be less of a chance of anyone going hungry.

It's been a Long week im mentally exhausted and there's a lot of work ahead but I'm glad I'm able to help those who have it worse than me