Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

aegof posted:

Broken Frame is just gonna have coptering and other old fun bugs.

a coptering inspired passive would be pretty entertaining

i was kind of thinking that it's passive could have a useless aspect that just randomly screwed up it's textures. in addition to whatever mechanics it actually has as a passive, i like where your head's at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Bugframe would also have weird animation glitches all the time: slide around with no animations in T pose, just have a missing head throughout a whole mission, etc.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mercury_Storm posted:

Bugframe would also have weird animation glitches all the time: slide around with no animations in T pose, just have a missing head throughout a whole mission, etc.

He'd be introduced with a kubrow and kavat skin that turns them into giant horrifying spaghetti monsters.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Hahaha, I remember that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx8DLsjHscM

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
How frequent are 75%-off-plat discounts? I like WF a lot and wanna pay money for it, but I don't wanna buy plat without the discount and basically get half the value for my money.

Like dang I would have spent money on this game way earlier if it wasn't for this dumb monetization scheme with the random discounts.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

How frequent are 75%-off-plat discounts? I like WF a lot and wanna pay money for it, but I don't wanna buy plat without the discount and basically get half the value for my money.

Like dang I would have spent money on this game way earlier if it wasn't for this dumb monetization scheme with the random discounts.

It's even worse on console. Plat's always the same price.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

Framekenstein.

Framekenstein's Monster.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Framekenstein's Monster.

If we're gonna get granular, then his name's Adam. :colbert:

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

FunkyFjord posted:

a coptering inspired passive would be pretty entertaining

There used to be some bug with Revenant's 4 ability that let you zoom across the entire plains map up in the air in like 3 seconds. Plus he turns around like a helicopter so he looked like an Apache zipping around. Was amazing. Dunno if that's still in

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

50% is reasonably frequent.

75% I see every year or so.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
first year i got 3, i think ive gotten 1 so far this year.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
https://github.com/GottFaust/WWDC

So I found this and it's the worst thing to happen to me in a while, I'm a sucker for statistics like this :v:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i think i probably get 75% coupons maybe 4 or so times a year

supposedly its kind of region bound, some goons reporting they get them more often but im in america so idk

but we are a pretty lovely country so maybe that helps

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Split Flights can't be put on Lenz or Bramma and it can't be stacked with Split Chamber 0/10 worst mod ever.

It can't be slotted in the Artemis Bow either...:sad:

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

It does however make the Mutalyst Cernos shine, which I'm extremely in favor of.

No where near bramma level devastating but it sure can fill a hallway with lag clouds. I'm not sure if its laggy because there's so many effects going on or so many statuses being applied.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

FunkyFjord posted:

It does however make the Mutalyst Cernos shine, which I'm extremely in favor of.

No where near bramma level devastating but it sure can fill a hallway with lag clouds. I'm not sure if its laggy because there's so many effects going on or so many statuses being applied.

Cernos Prime also becomes absolutely absurd in terms of sheer volume of projectiles. It's no Bramma, but slot in the explosive arrow mod and it tickles my brain the same kind of way. The horizontal spread clears trash mobs in entire hemispheres.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
thunderbolt deals flat damage, unaffected by mods. so it's just for fun, like peculiar bloom.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

FunkyFjord posted:

I can't see a thing, but they all die anyway. 10/10

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

is the kuva kohm good compared to the regular kohm? I got a new lich with a 49% toxin damage kohm. he has a funny personality so i'm torn on if i want to kill him or not.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
For the goon asking about 75% discounts, the drop chance of them increases the less you play.
A 2-3 week break will drastically increase their occurrence rate.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sample_text posted:

For the goon asking about 75% discounts, the drop chance of them increases the less you play.

But then you don't get the daily rewards, which eventually turn into cool guns. :ohdear:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sample_text posted:

gently caress. Decisions, decisions.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Sample_text posted:

If you got an official source or actual significant dataset for that besides various hearsay anecdotes i'd love to see it, because after over a year of hearing this rumor none of my 75%ers were even close to my breaks.

My personal theory is that it's probably a flat 1% chance and a tremendous mountain of perception bias, but i guess people trying varying raindances is harmless enough.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

It can't be slotted in the Artemis Bow either...:sad:
There's so much lost potential here that I'm too sad to get angry about it. Garbage! :frogout:

We could have made something beautiful together, DE.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

juggalo baby coffin posted:

is the kuva kohm good compared to the regular kohm? I got a new lich with a 49% toxin damage kohm. he has a funny personality so i'm torn on if i want to kill him or not.

It does more damage overall, but it's shorter range and has worse damage falloff than the regular Kohm. I like mine, but I could see some people preferring the regular Kohm.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I came back from a ~8 months break or so recently and got two 75% coupons the first two days I played, so I guess even the game you don't play can stack.

But I also got some during the few months I did play, even bought plat a couple of times with it so I think its just a crapshoot.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

RoadCrewWorker posted:

If you got an official source or actual significant dataset for that besides various hearsay anecdotes i'd love to see it, because after over a year of hearing this rumor none of my 75%ers were even close to my breaks.

My personal theory is that it's probably a flat 1% chance and a tremendous mountain of perception bias, but i guess people trying varying raindances is harmless enough.

Every single time I take a 2 week+ break , I get 75% off discount when I return. During daily logins I almost never get even the 50% one.
Quit after railjack came out, came back for double resource , 75% off. (13'th of March)
Stopped playing, came back yesterday, 75% off.

Believe it or don't, I don't give a poo poo.

EDIT: Like, ever since I stoppled playing regularly, I'm getting them roughly once a month. If that's a 1% chance, that's one hell of a 1% chance.

Sample_text fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 28, 2020

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

~250 logins, didn't actually play since the first railjack patch except for baro. Every baro 'login' since then is a 75% discount.
Do have platinum purchases history.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
I got the Basmu and from first impressions.......... it's laughably mediocre.
It has travel time, low AOE on projectiles, mediocre crit stats, you can't put Terminal Velocity on it for some reason.
The secondary fire is a complete meme. You know the Tier 3 Cetus Scaffold? The curvy-homing laser? It's that, but it chains to nearby enemies, burns through your entire magazine in 1 second, and deals next to no damage.
The health regen pulses are a gimmick, and the infinite ammo will stop mattering when primary kitguns become a thing due to the battery arcane.
Stick to the Acceltra, this weapon is a meme.

Use your credits to get whatever arcanes you want, or the new simulacrum scene.

....or be like me and buy a fuckton of holographic globes and build a big blue reactor in your ship.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
If they do Broken frame his ultimate should be making the enemies do the glitch dance from a cartridge tilted Goldeneye.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

RoadCrewWorker posted:

You won't get anything but anecdotes on this. As far as I'm aware there's been zero attempt at collecting an actual dataset on logins and DE is (reasonably) not saying a word about how it works. Instead you're gonna get like 5 people throwing up their personal experience and being defensive about it since they'll read you as not believing them instead of what you actually mean, which is wanting to apply actual statistical analysis to the question.

for what it's worth, here's the only data point that matters: I have a Machete and I think zyle still doesn't. :shepface:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Samuringa posted:

I came back from a ~8 months break or so recently and got two 75% coupons the first two days I played, so I guess even the game you don't play can stack.

But I also got some during the few months I did play, even bought plat a couple of times with it so I think its just a crapshoot.

I've been playing for 6 years and I've gotten one 75% off coupon :shrug:

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

A more accurate statement may be that you're very likely to get some kind of % off coupon if you login after a big gap. Just tried after a few weeks of not being on and got a 20% off coupon, same as the last time I logged in after a few weeks off.

The only 75% off coupon I've received was when logging into this PC account after a gap of about 6 months. It had only the default 50p at the time.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
There's zero doubt that some kind of marketing mathematics is at work, shifting the probabilities of maximum discount coupons.

That said, I've received a total of five over the years and took advantage of all but the last one. My account at DE is old as dirt though, dating back to the rough early days.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Y'know I wish that there was a $30bux "pretend the game isn't f2p" pack that gave 0 plat but gave you unlimited slots and potatoes. Like the one in Smite where you can pay $30 to unlock all current-and-future characters.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
For the space part of Scarlet Spear: is there any way to make the Anu Mantalysts stop boarding the ship? I can't seem to kill/repair the boarding entrance point in the ship.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Park your ship right next to the murex entrance. If you're still being boarded after cleaning up whatever is inside it's definitely a bug.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I'm not sure what you mean by repair the boarding point, but the only time they should respawn is if a new boarding pod hits you. Visually the pods that already punched in stay there no matter what, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

my favorite bug from the really buggy first couple days of railjack launch was someone standing next to a ramseld pod when we jumped to the next mission, the pod disappeared in the transition and the goon got sucked out into the space skybox and couldnt get back in