Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

For what it's worth I think that person had a completely over the top reply that was rude and even bummed me out (because it brought up lovely parts of the internet I'm trying to ignore, which your post didn't)

e: what a terrible page start.

On topic, is there any good resource for the game online? mostly so far I've been just using twitter and here

Peacoffee fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I could spend all day island hopping, but my island needs a lot of work if I'm gonna have guests. Is there an easy way to get a fence recipe?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
on the topic of villagers I continue to be in awe at Tammy

she's the best. I got stung by a wasp once and her first reaction was asking me where the jerks who did it to me was so she could beat them up.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

bushisms.txt posted:

I could spend all day island hopping, but my island needs a lot of work if I'm gonna have guests. Is there an easy way to get a fence recipe?

After you finish the three houses for new residents, Tom will give you some fencing and make fence recipes available from the Nook Stop for miles. This happened today and I am going to surround a shell fountain with flowers and then fences :D

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Your Computer posted:

on the topic of villagers I continue to be in awe at Tammy

she's the best. I got stung by a wasp once and her first reaction was asking me where the jerks who did it to me was so she could beat them up.

Oh my God

Hazel is really growing on me. She hasn't taken off the tie-dye shirt I gave her, and today she gave me a sweet tunic to wear that makes my guy look like a little Dragon Quest character.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is the “pier” considered where the airport is located, or the empty dock on the other part of your island? For catching the specific fish, I mean.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

RCarr posted:

Is the “pier” considered where the airport is located, or the empty dock on the other part of your island? For catching the specific fish, I mean.

Both.

Easier to fish from the random one though

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

boomer taught me a diy recipe that he learned from the bugs in his floor

a while later i talked to him outside while he was fishing and he said he can't wait to touch a fish, with a bunch of 'huh huh huh huh's' added in

this dude's a fuckin lunatic

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I gave Dom a muscle shirt and he was Naruto running in it all morning. This game is amazing.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Both.

Easier to fish from the random one though

Thank you

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Alright, I give up. Did anyone finally figure out how much space trees want when they're growing

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

If anyone wants to say hi to Mabel or get day drunk with Cherry, feel free to swing by Humble! My dodo code is _____. If you have any cherries, peaches, or roses lying around, I'd love to take some off your hands!

Closing to visit other people's towns

Tenik fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 28, 2020

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

I don't have a problem with tool durability in general but I wish they'd change the icon a bit to indicate the life left on it. Is this shovel still good? Better make a new one before I go to the island, and toss it on my half used shovel pile when I get back.

Actually the only tool I have a problem with having durability is the watering can. What the hell, are you making these things out of sugar or what

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Asking now that it's not 5 AM: has anyone seen a Torii Gate type item? Trying to figure out if one exists

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Chronicler of Dongs posted:

I don't have a problem with tool durability in general but I wish they'd change the icon a bit to indicate the life left on it. Is this shovel still good? Better make a new one before I go to the island, and toss it on my half used shovel pile when I get back.

Actually the only tool I have a problem with having durability is the watering can. What the hell, are you making these things out of sugar or what

I heard if you change the color, it resets the durability. Might be good to do that before you head out?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

it's the weekend so it's pajama time

yes i went to the ceremony in my pajamas

yes this is doomslayer town

my town center is coming along very nicely though!

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Opening my gates for a bit if you’d like to visit. Muriel is in town and there’s plenty of peaches, oranges, cherries and coconuts if you have a look round. Not really needing anything but flower seeds are always welcome!

Dodo code: DPD8N

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

HopperUK posted:

After you finish the three houses for new residents, Tom will give you some fencing and make fence recipes available from the Nook Stop for miles. This happened today and I am going to surround a shell fountain with flowers and then fences :D

What do you mean by finish? Just placing them or waiting for them to build? Tom just asked me to do that.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

boomer taught me a diy recipe that he learned from the bugs in his floor

a while later i talked to him outside while he was fishing and he said he can't wait to touch a fish, with a bunch of 'huh huh huh huh's' added in

this dude's a fuckin lunatic
ya think? :v:

https://twitter.com/YourComputerSA/status/1243496617686102017?s=20

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Peacoffee posted:

On topic, is there any good resource for the game online? mostly so far I've been just using twitter and here

- Goon-created fish and bug info
- Polygon's guide series is pretty good
- Online pattern design tool, also lets you import images

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Taking a rare voyage outside the house to do grocery shopping, so I'm leaving my island open again while I'm out.

Northern Hemisphere
Still plenty of peaches to go around, also one full apple tree for whoever can get there first
Nooks are selling an ironing board, a tarot set, and a box of vinyls.
Mable is in town, selling these:

(not pictured, purple water shoes)

Code: 5V09T

Yes the exterior of my island is still ugly as hell, I'm working on it :v:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

What do you mean by finish? Just placing them or waiting for them to build? Tom just asked me to do that.

Just placing them and putting in all the furniture.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Kinda need that strawberry dress

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Clocks posted:

5k bells (which is easy to do if you just buy everything from her like, the first time she shows up) and three visits. Mabel was in my town for the 2nd visit yesterday, today she showed up again and told me to place a construction site for their shop so I'll be getting them tomorrow.

Ok groovy, thanks

I’m opening my island. I have oranges and coconuts that y’all can shake trees for, and it’s raining so fishing might be good. Please don’t pick flowers and if you want the trash can and medicine ball at Tommy’s go ahead. Mable is in town and selling some goods

Come check my splendid bathroom! Talk to my neighbors! Go fishing! I’m in the north region and will mostly be AFK. Open for about an hour.

Dodo Code Edit: Closed

Edit: turnip prices are loving garbage; like 72.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 28, 2020

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

(crossposting from switch thread)

My wife is looking for more friends for Animal Crossing to open our island to / join other people's island for inspiration. Since she plays AC way more than me I'd really appreciate if y'all would add her to your friends list:

0644-8807-3595

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Color Printer posted:

Alright, I give up. Did anyone finally figure out how much space trees want when they're growing

They want two holes apart.

T X X T
X X X X
X X XX
T X X T

Basically if it's two fruit trees you can't have fruit landing on other fruit

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Sydin posted:

Taking a rare voyage outside the house to do grocery shopping, so I'm leaving my island open again while I'm out.

Love your garden setup with the barbecue! Very cute. I left you some flower seeds

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Anyone have an island with good turnip prices. Mine fell even further to 29 bells.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/1243977891056168961

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Has anybody figured out what it takes to add an item to your catalog while visiting somebody? If they drop a piece of furniture can you just pick it up and then drop it to give it back? Or do you need to bring it back to your island with you?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They want two holes apart.

T X X T
X X X X
X X XX
T X X T

Basically if it's two fruit trees you can't have fruit landing on other fruit

Is this configuration required for a fruit tree that is already full grown to grow more fruit?

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I put a fair bit of work into the back room of my house. My fiancee took 1 look at it and immediately went 'what the hell is wrong with you'

I also got this awesome clock from somewhere. It was just labeled 'throwback wall clock' and I figured it was just going to be a coo-coo clock. Yes, it does say 'Amazing' under the clock hands.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
I feel like every time I try to fish from off a cliff to the next level below, the fish always bites on immediately and leaves about as quickly. Is that a thing, or is my monkey brain making up patterns where they don't exist?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Anyone with pears to spare and an open island? Could trade fruit or bells or whatever.

Chuck Bartowski
Apr 14, 2006

Working on my five-year plan, just need to choose a font.

Shout out to everyone who's had Mabel in town today with their gates open!! Thank you all!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ZarathustraFollower posted:

I put a fair bit of work into the back room of my house. My fiancee took 1 look at it and immediately went 'what the hell is wrong with you'

I also got this awesome clock from somewhere. It was just labeled 'throwback wall clock' and I figured it was just going to be a coo-coo clock. Yes, it does say 'Amazing' under the clock hands.

What wallpaper is that? Holy poo poo I want it :stare:

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
If there's a meteor shower, can second player also pick up some pieces the next day if just the main player did some wishing?

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What wallpaper is that? Holy poo poo I want it :stare:

Laboratory wall, from Saharah. I got it from an irl friends town, or else I would have told goons to come and get it.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

I'm just about given up on getting a Stringfish for my museum.

If anyone has a spare one they can give me, I'll give you almost anything I own in return. I have an extra version of what I think are some of the rarer fish (Sturgeon, Football Fish, Koi - think the Koi will work well as a cool looking pet) or there's my skull record player, skull wallpaper, some golden plates+cutlery.

7J7TR - Mabel is also selling a Kimono and a few other things that might be to people's tastes. Fruit is pears, have some coconuts growing as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

bushisms.txt posted:

Don't forget the Nintendo online app has a dedicated keyboard for chat and voice. You just have to check you nook phone for the chat log. You have to to go settings and get Tom nook to activate it, though.

You can also plug a USB keyboard into the Switch and it'll work fine in game!