Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

nate fisher posted:

Since season 3 is coming out, I want to know if Future Man season 2 got better as it went? I loved season 1 (top 10 show that year), but I didn't make it past the first few episodes of season 2. It was like they forgot what made season 1 fun.

Season 2 starts kind of slow but gets weirder and funnier as it goes. The end of season 2 is top tier Future Man stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Class Warcraft posted:

Season 2 starts kind of slow but gets weirder and funnier as it goes. The end of season 2 is top tier Future Man stuff.

Hmmm...now the real question becomes can I trust someone with a SAMCRO gang tag?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Ozark is still loving great y'all.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah Ozark is just real good

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Ozark is one of those series like House of Cards where i shut it off 5 min in cuz it loudly declared how unsubtle itd be (corny jason bateman monologue, dog murder, whatever).
I still have all of Better Call Saul to binge though, so, priorities.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Class Warcraft posted:

The last half of the season is amazing and hilarious, stick with it it's worth it

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Ozark is one of those series like House of Cards where i shut it off 5 min in cuz it loudly declared how unsubtle itd be (corny jason bateman monologue, dog murder, whatever).

I'm glad I'm not the only one that dropped House of Cards right away because of the incredibly unsubtle dog murder scene. When I saw that scene, I felt like I had already seen everything the show had to offer.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Ozark season two was top tier.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

nate fisher posted:

Hmmm...now the real question becomes can I trust someone with a SAMCRO gang tag?

you're already asking advice from goons, its probably too late to have standards

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Punkin Spunkin posted:

It’s so drat good

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Class Warcraft posted:

Basically this.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

beanieson posted:

It’s so drat good

It really is. Whoever was joking about El Camino-->Better Call Saul-->Breaking Bad as a suggested watch order might not be wrong.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

nate fisher posted:

Rode SoA to the end, and it was god awful. But hell I wish there was a few more seasons because I miss the absurdity of it all.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that dropped House of Cards right away because of the incredibly unsubtle dog murder scene. When I saw that scene, I felt like I had already seen everything the show had to offer.

Is that the show Kevin Spacey tries to do a southern accent and sounds like a plantation owner from the 1900's?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Inspector Hound posted:

It really is. Whoever was joking about El Camino-->Better Call Saul-->Breaking Bad as a suggested watch order might not be wrong.

I can see BCS being watched before BB, but El Camino would have some pretty big spoilers for BB.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Field Mousepad posted:

Is that the show Kevin Spacey tries to do a southern accent and sounds like a plantation owner from the 1900's?

Whah yes it was

Ah reckon he was s'posed to be from JO-jah

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Medullah posted:

I can see BCS being watched before BB, but El Camino would have some pretty big spoilers for BB.

Yeah, now that I'm thinking about it it would also make basically no sense, and not in a cool unintentional prologue kind of way. It's still a cool action movie sequel to breaking bad, though

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

precision posted:

Whah yes it was

Ah reckon he was s'posed to be from JO-jah

This here is candyland sir!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The proper way is to watch all of Breaking Bad and then after you're done the whole thing wait 2203 days and then watch El Camino.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The proper way is to watch all of Breaking Bad and then after you're done the whole thing wait 2203 days and then watch El Camino.

But watch BCS seasons 1-4 between BB and El Camino right?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Colostomy Bag posted:

Rode SoA to the end, and it was god awful. But hell I wish there was a few more seasons because I miss the absurdity of it all.

Ha I did too, white shoes and all.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

beanieson posted:

But watch BCS seasons 1-4 between BB and El Camino right?

If you want the authentic Vincey Gilligan Fan Experience yes.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Tiger King is like an anti-tourism video for Oklahoma.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

Season 1 of Westworld is good but it fell off a loving cliff in the second.

So true. Would've been a great miniseries. Perfect ending, no cliffhanger, no need to start a new plot full of mystery boxes.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Deadite posted:

Tiger King is like an anti-tourism video for The South.

Ftfy. It really is Redneck Shakespeare.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
In The Platform, was the child sent up to show that a child was born within their system, even when children entering the program was prohibited? I didn't really understand the ending.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

err posted:

In The Platform, was the child sent up to show that a child was born within their system, even when children entering the program was prohibited? I didn't really understand the ending.

Yes. And to your follow-up question, yes. And to the question after that, yes.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Locke and Key isn't exactly my thing, but it's miles better than The Magicians.

If The Magicians is Chronicles Narnia crossed with Harry Potter, Locke and Key is Narnia crossed with...The People Under the Stairs?

e Narnia crossed with Jumper with Hellraiser

Also the villain just opened a portal to a random subway and threw a kid in front of a train, this might be a better show than I thought

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Mar 28, 2020

mystes
May 31, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

Locke and Key isn't exactly my thing, but it's miles better than The Magicians.

If The Magicians is Chronicles Narnia crossed with Harry Potter, Locke and Key is Narnia crossed with...The People Under the Stairs?

e Narnia crossed with Jumper with Hellraiser

Also the villain just opened a portal to a random subway and threw a kid in front of a train, this might be a better show than I thought
I think people who read the comic book or whatever it was didn't like it, but not being familiar with that I thought it was decent. It does have some major pacing issues like a lot of Netflix shows, though. It's a little bit unfortunate in that it seems like it could have gotten a lot more attention if they just put a little bit more work into the writing.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

err posted:

I thought the child was what the actress brought with her. Sending her up is a statement that their struggle was to ensure a better future for the next generation. It's the ultimate selfless act in an experiment designed to promote selfishness. It's also a bit of a joke about social mobility.

I think The Platform is a cool movie, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. A little bit of Cube and a whole lot of Karl Marx.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

24 Hours of Mind Rotting Entertainment, April 3rd, 6PM EST

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So I'm watching Tiger King and I'm confused in how Carol is different than anyone else. I mean...she puts the tigers in cages too...

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I'm watching Tiger King and I'm confused in how Carol is different than anyone else. I mean...she puts the tigers in cages too...

I'm on episode 3 I think right now. I think the idea is that she currently is not breeding any cats. She just takes big cats from people who can no longer handle them on their own. Whereas Joe was actively breeding cats to sell across the country, and Doc was breeding and then killing cats when they were no longer useful to him.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I hate everyone except that dude in the Clutch shirt.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

punk rebel ecks posted:

Episode three too. I think she doesn't breed cats... But it seems pretty close tbqh.

Edit: uhhh that may be the smallest problem.

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 29, 2020

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Inspector 34 posted:

The last couple seasons have had some very light serialized aspects but yeah more or less still an anthology show. I think it's pretty good still, but man I just don't connect to some of the stories so there's the occasional episode that just drags for me. I think it's that I tend to prefer fun and lighthearted vs sad or dramatic so the episodes that are bummers for me aren't necessarily bad, just not exactly my cup of tea.

I get that, both the lighthearted and the dramatic episodes are very grounded so you you don't have that shield of absurdity you get with a lot of other shows/movies. It feels like the writers have a standing order of just showing a day in the person's life, never their best or their worst day.

It also has some of the best queer representation on television.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

punk rebel ecks posted:

She's not. They're all equally crazy, but also they're all equally delusional about themselves not being the problem.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Isn't there a way they can just release the tigers back in the wild?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

punk rebel ecks posted:

Isn't there a way they can just release the tigers back in the wild?

The problem is that they've been raised to be comfortable with people. It's incredibly dangerous to release them into the wild. It's why they are sent to sanctuaries if they can. Otherwise they're put down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bred
Oct 24, 2008
I haven't seen the show but the podcast Joe Exotic made the distinction that she doesn't breed new cats. Joe hosted cub petting zoos so he needed a stream of new cats and I think they said he culled them when they got too big.

On a lighter note, we're working our way through Taskmaster on YouTube. It's a lot of fun and so far no ads. Any recommendations for something similar?

bred fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 29, 2020