Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Oh, I love this design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Another day, another 30 bags of fish feed expended and not one goddamn string fish.

I have been fishing for THREE DAYS.

gently caress that fish. gently caress it right in its goddamn fish rear end in a top hat.

I question the morality of the people who designed that fish, and I question my own sanity for still trying to get it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gripweed posted:

I'm getting really tired of spending 2,000 nook miles to go to an island with more loving apples

The island I hate the most is "2 levels with your fruit and a few conifer trees plus 4 rocks, ps gently caress you" and I get that one CONSTANTLY :mad:

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I have a golden trout if anyone has a stringfish to trade for it

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

K.K. just randomly sings songs in the plaza so I can hear it while I clean up around my house. It's extremely cool.

E: You can't trade fish or live creatures.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Got about 90 minutes left if anyone wants to stop by and get a kimono and a white fedora. Code is N3VSH

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's raining and K.K. is here due to me being a coupe days ahead. If you want some northern fish come on by.

Probably won't respond much in game as I'm cleaning up around the house
6XDPH

I don't need anything though I'm still looking for Peach furniture if anyone has it :v: Feel free to raid oranges and wander if you want.

Grabbed some oranges and left a buttchair and a baby surprise. Nice restaurant!

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They want two holes apart.

T X X T
X X X X
X X XX
T X X T

Basically if it's two fruit trees you can't have fruit landing on other fruit

I don't know what the rules are but it's at least a little more complicated than that. For example, this:

T _ T _ T _ T _ T _ T
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
T _ T _ T _ T _ T _ T

works as long as you only have two rows of trees

Diagonal rows like this:

T _ _ _ _ T _ _ _ _
_ _ T _ _ _ _ T _ _
_ _ _ _ T _ _ _ _ T
_ T _ _ _ _ T _ _ _
_ _ _ T _ _ _ _ T _
_ _ _ _ _ T _ _ _ _

also works for a fairly compact growing pattern, and as far as I'm aware can be tiled in both directions without stunting the trees' growth.

I haven't been doing any real experimenting either, so there's probably even better layouts possible.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The island I hate the most is "2 levels with your fruit and a few conifer trees plus 4 rocks, ps gently caress you" and I get that one CONSTANTLY :mad:

My least favorite island is bamboo island. Whenever I use a ticket it seems like there's a 30% chance I'm going to loving bamboo island. I still have never been to tarantula island, so last night on one of my trips to bamboo land I cleared the entire island to get tarantulas to spawn more often and took a bunch of those home with me.

Edit: Right after posting this I used my last and 2000 miles for a ticket, used it and found myself at...bamboo island! Words cannot express how much I loving hate this place.

Jingleheimer fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 29, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Kruller posted:

Got about 90 minutes left if anyone wants to stop by and get a kimono and a white fedora. Code is N3VSH

Ooh! On my way!

edit: never mind; I've been having problems connecting all day :/

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 29, 2020

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
https://twitter.com/neonmanedwolf/status/1244056789181779970?s=21

Good god

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Kruller posted:

Haha this is wild, I've been here for five minutes and have barely left the airport because so many people keep joining and retriggering the loading screen

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Do any of y'all happen to have a Nook's Cranny with yellow flower seeds? Mine's sorely lacking and I need some to complete a gardening project I'd like to finish while it's raining.

I need two types of yellow seeds to be available, and one has to be cosmos - the other can be whatever. I can offer gifts of peaches, coconuts, bamboo, iron nuggets...oh! I also bought this cool pedal board but don't really know what to do with it, so I'd be happy to gift that as well to anyone who can help. Thanks!

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Got money rock island and an island full of cherry trees tonight (peaches are my native). Not too shabby. If you do get a non-native fruit island, don't forget to eat some coconuts (and maybe a few of the non-native fruit), so you can dig up a bunch of the trees and take them home.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Kruller posted:

Thank you, made it through the queue and got my hat :tipshat:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

GI_Clutch posted:

Got money rock island and an island full of cherry trees tonight (peaches are my native). Not too shabby. If you do get a non-native fruit island, don't forget to eat some coconuts (and maybe a few of the non-native fruit), so you can dig up a bunch of the trees and take them home.

Got this too, followed by a island filled with black, orange & pink lilies. Still haven't been to the elusive spider island, though

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Bought a bunch of Turnips at 105 and now seeing everyone elses Turnip prices I think I made a mistake...

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

K.K. just randomly sings songs in the plaza so I can hear it while I clean up around my house. It's extremely cool.

I think someone has crashed your island in a unique and interesting way - I'm kinda soft-locked right now.

I wanted to ask if you had uploaded any of your path designs to Able's and if so what your creator ID is :)

edit: island seems to have recovered now.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

The Lowdog posted:

I'm southern hemisphere with rain and turnips selling at 108 for the next 20 minutes. Should be up and semi afk for 30 mins or more. Please leave nice drawings on the board for me. 7RYY5.

E: And here come the loading scenes

Dropped some bells in your stairs project and caught a whole bunch of fish and bugs. And lost a drat shark because I got spooked by my cat.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Gates are open, probably for an hour or so, and Mabel is here. Also I keep accumulating dupe recipes for some reason, it's weird. I'm hawking them at a booth I've set up down on the beach by the airport. Currently have 5 available, including a leaf mask for one lucky korok enthusiast. I'll be mostly afk, but hopefully still paying enough attention to the screen to respond to chat.

FSTRF

E: leaf mask has been claimed, I think

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 29, 2020

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Do any of y'all happen to have a Nook's Cranny with yellow flower seeds? Mine's sorely lacking and I need some to complete a gardening project I'd like to finish while it's raining.

I need two types of yellow seeds to be available, and one has to be cosmos - the other can be whatever. I can offer gifts of peaches, coconuts, bamboo, iron nuggets...oh! I also bought this cool pedal board but don't really know what to do with it, so I'd be happy to gift that as well to anyone who can help. Thanks!

I have red and yellow roses/hyacinths/tulips. Dodo code is NFMSP. If you have any colors of any other kinds of flower seeds I'd appreciate them, my shop only ever seems to have those three.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kiwillian posted:

I think someone has crashed your island in a unique and interesting way - I'm kinda soft-locked right now.

I wanted to ask if you had uploaded any of your path designs to Able's and if so what your creator ID is :)

edit: island seems to have recovered now.

Ables isn't open yet, but the only patterns I have are the dedede flag (I used that converter thing) and the Link/Marin sprite :v: I can put them up tomorrow maybe??

Also wild, I didn't catch a notification or anything so wonder what happened there. How did you get stuck?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Grabbed some oranges and left a buttchair and a baby surprise. Nice restaurant!

Thank you!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Republicans posted:

I have red and yellow roses/hyacinths/tulips. Dodo code is NFMSP. If you have any colors of any other kinds of flower seeds I'd appreciate them, my shop only ever seems to have those three.

Baller - I'll get a sampler of the seeds I've got unique from yours and be there in a minute. Thanks!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

hopeandjoy posted:

So my campsite was finished today but no one was there, is that normal?

I finished paying for a ramp to it today and cleared out the weeds near it if that was why, at least.
it'll be empty the first day, then you get a tutorial smug villager

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Ables isn't open yet, but the only patterns I have are the dedede flag (I used that converter thing) and the Link/Marin sprite :v: I can put them up tomorrow maybe??

Where did you get all the paths from? I figured they were patterns you'd put down.

The Lowdog
Dec 14, 2012

Fun Times! posted:

Dropped some bells in your stairs project and caught a whole bunch of fish and bugs. And lost a drat shark because I got spooked by my cat.

Hey thanks! 7RYY5 still open for southern hemisphere rainy times.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is there a tutorial snooty and cranky villager? Cause I got a piece of land setup and if anyone besides a Snooty villager ends up there I'm going to be sad.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Blew my first shark attempt. Too much pressure.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Someone mentioned they thought island spawns were set to the time you arrive. I can confirm this is the case; I just caught 2 stringfish after 9 pm on an island I went to at 8:30 pm. So if youre stuck hunting a fish with specific spawn times you can use the islands to prolong the chance for as long as you want.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

stringfish is from 4pm to 9am not 9pm

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

C. E. Croix posted:

That one diagonal edge of the river is keeping me from placing a new bridge..

So far my main use for terraforming has been widening rivers and evening land just so I could finally build bridges in good spots.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
Managed to get a golden trout but no stringfish yet.

Anyone have apples or peaches they can part with? I’m willing to drop off some cherries, pears, coconuts or oranges.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kiwillian posted:

Where did you get all the paths from? I figured they were patterns you'd put down.

When K.K. Shows up Tom gives you the ability to lay down paths :v:v I just bought the ones I liked.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

TheBizzness posted:

Blew my first shark attempt. Too much pressure.

Oh man, I'm not ready for that. The only way I can handle those in New Leaf is to close my eyes and hold the speaker up to my ear...tough to do that with the TV.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Devonaut posted:

Still open, come grab that stylish denim jacket you know you want it.

Thanks for the pear and the fashion buys!

Does Wisp come every night? I'm seeing Wisp every night.

That Guy From Pearldiver
Apr 18, 2001

President and Sole Member of the Andre Braugher Appreciation Society
Apologies for the FAQ/Newb question,

What is the standard practice for donating to someone's island if you harvest fruit, use resources, etc?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

The Lowdog posted:

Hey thanks! 7RYY5 still open for southern hemisphere rainy times.

Mind if I steal a couple cherries to plant back home? (I’m the green dude in the explorer outfit btw)

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

IronicDongz posted:

Surprised to see there are people who are unable to craft while resident services is remodeling.

protip: make a crafting bench for each area of your island so there's always one nearby.

I have the following crafting benches:

1) Inside my front door
2) Outside of Nook's Cranny (for when I want to sell hot items)
3) Outside the Camp Ground (for fulfilling amiibo villager requests)
4) An emergency spare in my inventory

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

After 6pm you can request a song from K.K. and afterwards he'll give you a copy of it (only the first song you request that week though).

Downside: every time you request a song from him, you have to sit through the ending credits.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Sally Mae's got turnips for 103 bells on my island right now so I got my gates open: 9VJHF. Northern / pears and I'll stay open for like the next hour or so while I eat breakfast and stuff, so go hog wild.

Edit: gate closed! My Switch went and turned itself off, hoping the one guy that visited got what they needed.

Reallycoolname fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I swear this game cheats! I spend 30 minutes hunting for a Goliath Beetle and not one spawns. The minute I fill my bag with other crap and press B to run to the store, the fucker spawns and flies away. I've had this happen 2 times already. AAAAAAAH