Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I think I like the Kotor 2 LP so much precisely because while it's a long plodding rpg, Little V is curbing the thing that always drives me nuts in Woolie's stuff, his lack of a sense of direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh boy, a skullgirls crymetina critiques! I missed this get posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XovZEVj2yfM&hd=1

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

A good poster posted:

Is that an actual panic attack at being asked to draw something while streaming?

The game has tasks you complete for points, one of them was make a design. Before the clip he tried doing something but seemed to struggle with the interface, had mirroring on, and then after the clip he recovered quickly. So if it was a panic attack then it was real short, I think it was more of an option overload but that might be splitting hairs.

I think he might have tried to make a Get Smoked hat at one point but I was in and out during the stream. Made one myself and it's kinda hard cause the hat curves more than I want.

Based on what he mentioned on the podcast he does seem to be enjoying it, so that's good. It's a chill game and without a stream to worry about even moreso.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

My balls are as blue as the ocean.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
From the comments on the Youtube video they had to wrap the news early and cut emails entirely to get it under the line.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

(The twitch stream was 5:04 though. Woolie you godamn coward.)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I guess they can't come up with a remote solution for Kotor 2, so it looks like that's on Corona Hiatus.

I watched Liam and Matt do SA2. I want them to do Heroes and Shadow, to finish the GameCube Saga.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Watching Automata now. It's a BIT frustrating that Liam's non-guidance is causing Woolie to miss all the A sidequests, but B's reason for existing is pretty much sidequest cleanup from A so that's fine.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Rody One Half posted:

I guess they can't come up with a remote solution for Kotor 2, so it looks like that's on Corona Hiatus.

I watched Liam and Matt do SA2. I want them to do Heroes and Shadow, to finish the GameCube Saga.

Yeah, I'm really jonsing for more. I've been watching Woolie and Pat's LP of KOTOR 1 since I missed it the first time around, but it's not the same.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I had actually rewatched K1 roundabout January for no particular reason, it's why K2 broke the glass and brought me back in.

That, and I live in China and have been essentially in an apartment building for almost 2 and half months :shepface:

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 25, 2020

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh well gently caress me I guess, I just got a Kotor 2 alert

E: aaaand it's not remote. That's weird!

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 25, 2020

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
I'm super glad Woolie finally switched to his gamepad/mouse hybrid setup for Black Mesa. It was an instant improvement.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I really really wish Woolie would stop snorting into the mic.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rody One Half posted:

Oh well gently caress me I guess, I just got a Kotor 2 alert

E: aaaand it's not remote. That's weird!
LittleV confirming he never had covid and successfully quarantined for two weeks.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

seriously, the kotor2 lp is fantastic. i usually can't stand watching video lp's of long RPGs but little V is able to keep it on track well.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Is anyone watching world of horror? I tried to watch and woolie was like backseat pushing punchmom around on menus so hard i couldn't stand it

Does that stop

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie, on seeing Kotor 2 being weird horny about Briana and Visas: "Why do I feel like I'm playing a Japanese game?"

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Enjoying Watching Woolie play Black Mesa. He's very clearly loving the experience, whenever he manages to make a little bit of progress. Platformy FPS games seemingly contrast to the types of games he's used to, but he's taking it like a champ lol.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm glad he can play FPSes now, I remember him saying he gets motion sick from them, but I guess he got over that somehow or maybe takes some kind of medication for motion sickness like Gravol or something before playing?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Patware posted:

Is anyone watching world of horror? I tried to watch and woolie was like backseat pushing punchmom around on menus so hard i couldn't stand it

Does that stop

No, and his instinct to explore everything is detrimental to the playthrough. Doom 21% and they haven’t done a single bit of the main investigation yet

E: 31%

Namtab fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 26, 2020

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm glad he can play FPSes now, I remember him saying he gets motion sick from them, but I guess he got over that somehow or maybe takes some kind of medication for motion sickness like Gravol or something before playing?

He cleared this up during the D2016 playthrough. Matt and Pat were just full of poo poo. FPS games themselves were never the problem - it's when you're face loving a wall at high speed like people tend to do when they play classic Doom games or any other high-speed FPS is what gives him problems.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Aha, fair enough.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

to be fair anyone who took anything matt and pat said about woolie seriously had failed to read the room

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
see, I thought Woolie had said that, not matt/pat. but he was just talking about the zooming wall thing being disorienting in the end.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This Automata lp is kind of rough because Liam's a bad guy who lets woolie blow past all the sidequests, or even encourages it.

Also it, like the latest Kotor stream, still has some of Woolie's uh, Thoughts, about Japan. It's nowhere bear the nadir of that though, which was Catherine.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Woolie playing Black Mesa, KOTOR 2, and Doom 2016 as of late has felt like he's targeting me to watch his content again.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

He's running a VICIOUS heel game in Dokapon.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Rody One Half posted:

This Automata lp is kind of rough because Liam's a bad guy who lets woolie blow past all the sidequests, or even encourages it.

Also it, like the latest Kotor stream, still has some of Woolie's uh, Thoughts, about Japan. It's nowhere bear the nadir of that though, which was Catherine.

Liam tells woolie about the good sidequests later, dont get your OCD in a bunch

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Liam also got quite a bit of abuse for that LP, probably part of why he doesn't really do stuff with Woolie anymore

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
There seems to be a lot of people that take any opportunity to attack Liam, really not sure why.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
liam is generally socially conscious whereas the rest of the group were often unfettered id or ego that posted on 4chan, where being socially conscious is anathema, and being disliked on 4chan results in the creepiest stalkers imaginable following you around and making GBS threads on you whenever given a chance

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

liam is generally socially conscious whereas the rest of the group were often unfettered id or ego that posted on 4chan, where being socially conscious is anathema, and being disliked on 4chan results in the creepiest stalkers imaginable following you around and making GBS threads on you whenever given a chance

It seems like Matt's trending towards the progressive a bit these days.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

none of them have ever been anything you could call conservative. i feel like comparing them to 4chan posters is pretty unfair

the fanbase, that's a different matter, but all crowds of people in youtube comments are garbage

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Remember that totally credible 4chan post about how it was all matt's fault they broke up

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Patware posted:

none of them have ever been anything you could call conservative. i feel like comparing them to 4chan posters is pretty unfair

the fanbase, that's a different matter, but all crowds of people in youtube comments are garbage

Woolie at least is a literal 4chan poster.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Matt's always seemed pretty progressive (or at least has the last couple years before the breakup) he just seemed to hide it more when he was part of Super Best Friends, likely because he was very aware of their audience.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Liam may be socially conscious, but he has some huge blind spots when it came to his anime tiddy games. He was ridiculously angry over Bravely Default removing a racist costume. Not to mention championing an incredibly pedophilic game where you use the Vita touchscreen to "discipline" underage girls.

While he was funny in LPs, he made the podcasts misery to sit through. With a few exceptions he would defend every game the others criticized, most infamously the MN9 discussions. This led to them getting into way too long arguments where it was obvious Liam was just playing devil's advocate and didn't actually believe what he was saying.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Woolie at least is a literal 4chan poster.

you understand there is a difference between 'posts on the website 4chan' and '4chan Poster, the Archetype' right

like of all the people, you mention woolie, the most radical

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I mean, we all posted on a forum that had a section called "The Comedy Gas Chamber" until like four months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Patware posted:

you understand there is a difference between 'posts on the website 4chan' and '4chan Poster, the Archetype' right

like of all the people, you mention woolie, the most radical

Woolie loves Elon Musk and thinks autism is a super power

maybe not who I would describe as "the most radical"