Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

jivjov posted:

If you mash A, the crafting animation is faster

Ate too much fruit? You can poop out your excess fruit power in a toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(
I don't know what to say....

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Well which dating route are you aiming for?

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

The Silver Snail posted:

Well which dating route are you aiming for?

I ain't dating no basic bitch!

edit: I also though Huck was a guy...

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

My villagers have all been pretty normal cheerful animals. And then today this guy shows up

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

victoria's room is SO CUTE

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Nuebot posted:

So here's a shot in the dark: does anyone know any good resources for turning songs into town tunes? Because I'm real bad with music and trying to figure this out is killing me, but I've been trying to get bits of songs I like as my town tune and it's just not working. Probably because I don't know what music even is.

I wanted to do the exact same thing! But I don't think the seeds will even grow if they're not moved in this game. There is, however, a Bamboo Wall fence item you can craft.

What song are you ttying to do? Are you trying to transcribe by ear or do you have sheet music?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Haha whoa a lot of you want a Space Parka, lol. My son is controlling me atm. He's enthralled at all the people on the island suddenly.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Buttopia update: Gotten pretty lucky with the random villagers. Recruited Tucker off an island tour. Didn't realize I had to pick two more before finishing houses or it'd pick randomly for me. First it gave me Sprinkle, who's cute enough. Ended up hitting THE JACKPOT with the third villager and getting Marina!

Today my unskippable camper is this boy:
https://twitter.com/Buttopia/status/1244334749260251136

(Why doesn't the bulletin board have green?)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/DommiFox/status/1244266249019748352?s=19

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Gripweed posted:

My villagers have all been pretty normal cheerful animals. And then today this guy shows up

It's hilarious how the lazy villagers in this iteration have seemingly gone from "talks about comics/sleeping/food a lot" to "actual lunatic who talks to bugs and has conspiracy theories about living in a game"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just got back and surprisingly my gate was still open, so I suspect it didn't crash and everything went fine forever.

Hoorah.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

My theory is that the programmer responsible for having the stars drift almost imperceptibly slowly across the night sky also made it so that you're not guaranteed a meteor shower when you get Celeste.

I have spent almost an hour watching their work

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I'm gonna be bummed if I dont catch a stringfish but digging clams & making bait & endless running around to scare away small shadows just sounds super tedious and unfun so I've made my peace with an incomplete museum. If I'm still playing in December I can try again.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'll try again here but does anyone have any White Roses? I still would like to get some, preferably in fully bloomed form but I'd take seed form if they're available to buy in your town.

mutata posted:

Haha whoa a lot of you want a Space Parka, lol. My son is controlling me atm. He's enthralled at all the people on the island suddenly.

To be fair, it's a really cool Parka!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Okay, here's the real challenge, it's not decorating your own houses, it's remodeling all of your villagers houses. Because some of them have very good taste, and there's some villagers who have the softwood toy furniture set in all primary colours and it's the most garish building I have ever walked into.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

I have Puddles the frog and her room is similar. It is indeed very cute. :3:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Kerrzhe posted:

Aw lame I have an anteater and her room is exactly the same. I guess rooms are identical between personality archetypes. Is that horse all about fashion and being a pop star?

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

I'm going to open for a bit. Southern Hemisphere, raining and Flick is here. (Turnip price is poo poo, so don't bother).

Dodo Code is DVTTR

Also, say hi to Huck who was just outed as a Basic Bitch (see my earlier post haha).

If anyone can bring some seeds, that would be great. Especially red tulip and cosmos and yellow cosmos! :)

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Is there anyone with peaches/apples willing to let me come over and steal some? I'm looking for rose, mum, cosmo and pansy seeds as well. Have cherries, oranges and pears to trade, as well as windflowers, hyacinths and tulips in my shop!

Calaveron posted:

Aw lame I have an anteater and her room is exactly the same. I guess rooms are identical between personality archetypes. Is that horse all about fashion and being a pop star?

Yeah, Bianca has the same room in game.. I think that's just the default room for Peppy villagers. Time to start giving them furniture!

Is there a way to use decoration mode in a villagers house? I keep wanting to go in there like in HHD and rearrange all their poo poo.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

big dyke energy posted:

Is there anyone with peaches/apples willing to let me come over and steal some? I'm looking for rose, mum, cosmo and pansy seeds as well. Have cherries, oranges and pears to trade, as well as windflowers, hyacinths and tulips in my shop!

I have peaches, on trees or in the shop. See my post above yours.

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Kiwillian posted:

I'm going to open for a bit. Southern Hemisphere, raining and Flick is here. (Turnip price is poo poo, so don't bother).

Dodo Code is DVTTR

Also, say hi to Huck who was just outed as a Basic Bitch (see my earlier post haha).

If anyone can bring some seeds, that would be great. Especially red tulip and cosmos and yellow cosmos! :)

My GF is ecstatic that she got to your island and you have peaches :3:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Gripweed posted:

I love Wade, he showed up to Billy's birthday party in a tuxedo and top hat.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

TurnipFritter posted:

I love Wade, he showed up to Billy's birthday party in a tuxedo and top hat.

power move

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I caught a Stringfish. Wasn't even trying. I guess it's not as hard as you guys make it sound

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

kid sinister posted:

Ate too much fruit? You can poop out your excess fruit power in a toilet.

wait are you for real

Dad Jokes posted:

It's hilarious how the lazy villagers in this iteration have seemingly gone from "talks about comics/sleeping/food a lot" to "actual lunatic who talks to bugs and has conspiracy theories about living in a game"

my lazy villager just talks about how he likes to wait for chocolate to melt in his pocket and then dip his hand in and eat it like a loving disgusting fondue

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I caught a Stringfish. Wasn't even trying. I guess it's not as hard as you guys make it sound

Badass.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
how's Lucha? he's my first camper

I feel like I'm missin out on some of the more quirky characters. all mine seem fairly tame

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

The White Dragon posted:

wait are you for real

I just tried it. Yes, you can. You get a speech bubble that says "And that takes care of that!"

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Dad Jokes posted:

The White Dragon posted:

my lazy villager just talks about how he likes to wait for chocolate to melt in his pocket and then dip his hand in and eat it like a loving disgusting fondue

can't believe I'm a lazy villager

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

OMG YOU GUYS I CAUGHT A STRINGFISH GAME IS GOOD AGAIN 10/10

Ahem.

Only took me 140 bait and five mystery island trips, but at least I can relax now... Well, until April.

I think Dom is my favourite villager so far. He's calls me his rival and is so proud of all his muscles, I just don't have the heart to point out that it's really just a fluffy coating of wool. I don't think the weightlifting competition he wants to host would go the way he's thinking...

Pirc
Jun 10, 2004

lol liqu0rz durnkz
Kids are playing, enjoy whatever's left after they rampaged my island. Oranges are native and I think there are some cherries on a few trees. I'll leave it open for an hour.

0KVX2

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

mutata posted:

Opening my gates for anyone who wants this Space Parka

https://mobile.twitter.com/mutatdjellyfish/status/1244430286890229763

FN3NJ

It's 7pm here.

Closed up after the crowd tapered off! Thanks for the trash and the tips. My 6 year old got a kick out of everyone running around. Sorry the town is such a trash hole, lol. Haven't done the evening cleanup yet. :)

https://mobile.twitter.com/mutatdjellyfish/status/1244451061097590784

We're in a gang now.

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

mutata posted:

Closed up after the crowd tapered off! Thanks for the trash and the tips. My 6 year old got a kick out of everyone running around. Sorry the town is such a trash hole, lol. Haven't done the evening cleanup yet. :)

https://mobile.twitter.com/mutatdjellyfish/status/1244451061097590784

We're in a gang now.

I left 10,000 bells on the beach in the northeast side of the map. Thought it'd make a nice treasure hunt for a young kid.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Kiwillian posted:

Dodo Code is DVTTR

You can't sell to Flick, apparently - a couple of people tried :( Feel free to come fish or whatever though. I'll be open another hour or so at least.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Tergaso posted:

I left 10,000 bells on the beach in the northeast side of the map. Thought it'd make a nice treasure hunt for a young kid.

Ha! Aw, that's awesome. I'm gonna tell him someone left 10k for him to find tomorrow. That'll be great because he tried to deposit his money in the ATM today but didn't know what was what and ended up dumping the last of his Bells into his loan, lol. Thanks!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Tarnop posted:

My theory is that the programmer responsible for having the stars drift almost imperceptibly slowly across the night sky also made it so that you're not guaranteed a meteor shower when you get Celeste.

I have spent almost an hour watching their work

I was just going to ask if Celeste showing up means that a meteor shower will happen or not...

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Primpin and Pimpin posted:

Not sure where these might be, but thank you either way. :^)

Unless someone lifted them they were by your construction projects.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DuhSal posted:

how's Lucha? he's my first camper

I feel like I'm missin out on some of the more quirky characters. all mine seem fairly tame

Lucha is badass.

Luchadore bird is pretty quirky imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How is the fruit cut down? I didn't play NL, but this is all the same fruit from the earlier games. Am I forgetting any? Edit: the wiki says I'm not, so yeah... The fruit in NH is the same as it's always been, aside from the perfect fruit.

I mean except for bananas, durians, lemons, lychees, mangos, and persimmons, yeah they didn't cut any fruit from New Leaf

e: https://www.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-leaf/Tropical_Fruit