Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think that's a bigger issue from Woolie just looking at the surface and never exploring an inch beyond that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Blockhouse posted:

Woolie loves Elon Musk and thinks autism is a super power

no he doesn't

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Patware posted:

you understand there is a difference between 'posts on the website 4chan' and '4chan Poster, the Archetype' right

like of all the people, you mention woolie, the most radical

A person who posts on 4chan is a 4chan poster.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Neo_Crimson posted:

no he doesn't

Can you point me towards places where he says he doesn't believe those things because I have absolutely seen things that lead me to think he totally believes those things and I'd love to be proven wrong

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The SBPF crew all fall under different places on the Politically Illiterate But Well-Meaning spectrum, leaning more and more left as time went on (and online discourse got nastier and regressive). Like, Woolie and Pat have a clip up where they outright say "all bosses are bastards". They all just have/had weird misconceptions about stuff they weren't personally familiar with, or personally impacted by.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

A person who posts on 4chan is a 4chan poster.

go wash your hands

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Blockhouse posted:

Can you point me towards places where he says he doesn't believe those things because I have absolutely seen things that lead me to think he totally believes those things and I'd love to be proven wrong

You're the one that has the burden of proof here, but fine.

The only time I can think of when Woolie mentioned Musk is during a discussion on crunch and other lovely game industry practices on the podcast last year, and he clearly referred to him mockingly and laid the blame on all that on Capitalism anyway.

The other thing I have no idea. Are you sure you're not talking about Matt trashing that new Predator reboot that did treat Autism like superpower?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Patware posted:

go wash your hands

Any particular reason you're content-free shitposting?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Patware posted:

none of them have ever been anything you could call conservative. i feel like comparing them to 4chan posters is pretty unfair
pat and woolie at least used to post on 4chan(specifically /v/) and would mention it occasionally. whether they still do I don't know but they definitely used to.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

The only time I can think of when Woolie mentioned Musk is during a discussion on crunch and other lovely game industry practices on the podcast last year, and he clearly referred to him mockingly and laid the blame on all that on Capitalism anyway.

The other thing I have no idea. Are you sure you're not talking about Matt trashing that new Predator reboot that did treat Autism like superpower?

I definitely recall a time where Woolie kinda did a like "yeah technology!" kind of thing about Musk, but I'm not going to hold it against him because it was kind of the typical surface level impression of Musk at the time?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Captain Invictus posted:

pat and woolie at least used to post on 4chan(specifically /v/) and would mention it occasionally. whether they still do I don't know but they definitely used to.

A lot of people used to post on 4chan.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Fellow what used to run that mess used to post here iirc.

Dias posted:

The SBPF crew all fall under different places on the Politically Illiterate But Well-Meaning spectrum, leaning more and more left as time went on (and online discourse got nastier and regressive). Like, Woolie and Pat have a clip up where they outright say "all bosses are bastards". They all just have/had weird misconceptions about stuff they weren't personally familiar with, or personally impacted by.

The quote I recall was "If you wear a suit to work, you're a bastard." or something to that effect. Which as a suit wearer I was of equal parts "Aww.." and "He isn't wrong".

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Kay Kessler posted:

Liam may be socially conscious, but he has some huge blind spots when it came to his anime tiddy games. He was ridiculously angry over Bravely Default removing a racist costume. Not to mention championing an incredibly pedophilic game where you use the Vita touchscreen to "discipline" underage girls.

While he was funny in LPs, he made the podcasts misery to sit through. With a few exceptions he would defend every game the others criticized, most infamously the MN9 discussions. This led to them getting into way too long arguments where it was obvious Liam was just playing devil's advocate and didn't actually believe what he was saying.
THIS. THIS 100%. He brought skillful play and snappy commentary to the table, but his devil's advocating on the podcast was the worst. It made him look like a bratty contrarian, and made me relish his absence on podcasts. Defending creepy weeb bullshit was just icing on the cake.

Tae posted:

I think that's a bigger issue from Woolie just looking at the surface and never exploring an inch beyond that.
Also this. Woolie is kind of a 'nerd meathead', in the sense that he likes science-y stuff, but knows gently caress-all about science.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i definitely still eagerly watch liam's stream (archives) when he's doing a game i'm interested in but yeah

tbh my personal enjoyment of the podcast has been upwardly buoyed as a result of liam and then matt leaving, mostly since those last months before they actually left you could really feel them sandbagging the conversations harder and harder. matt way moreso than liam.

now if woolie would just stop arguing with the chat. his brain goblins about having to be absolutely sure he's understood might be worse than any of pat's

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Neo_Crimson posted:

I don't remember the Musk video exactly but during Policenauts is when we get Woolie's weird Indigo Children-esque autism take. I'll have to find the exact video.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

remember when the fanbase lashed out at pat for saying people whining about companies removing gross sexual poo poo from the (mostly western) releases of games is dumb?

that was cool he should do that more and have more good opinions.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Liam is on record for thinking poorly of the devil's advocate stuff he used to do.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Magna Kaser posted:

remember when the fanbase lashed out at pat for saying people whining about companies removing gross sexual poo poo from the (mostly western) releases of games is dumb?

that was cool he should do that more and have more good opinions.

Yeah. Woolie's continued "but isn't it maybe censorship?" was cringey. I do admire Pat for saying "no, it's not" just flatly.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh they never actually did the final wrap up session for Nier, that's a shame.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Liam was getting harassed like constantly for not carefully walking Woolie through every sidequest and playing the game flawlessly so that's not shocking.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Kay Kessler posted:

Liam may be socially conscious, but he has some huge blind spots when it came to his anime tiddy games. He was ridiculously angry over Bravely Default removing a racist costume. Not to mention championing an incredibly pedophilic game where you use the Vita touchscreen to "discipline" underage girls.

While he was funny in LPs, he made the podcasts misery to sit through. With a few exceptions he would defend every game the others criticized, most infamously the MN9 discussions. This led to them getting into way too long arguments where it was obvious Liam was just playing devil's advocate and didn't actually believe what he was saying.

This was what made me eventually hate watching anything on the channel with Liam in it, contrarianism is tiresome petty bullshit and I'd had more than enough for a lifetime before Liam's shtick, so it wore on me fast.

Also yeah the Nier Automata LP just didn't work for me, I watched more and more of it over time, gave it more chances, but Woolie being blind even with someone trying to guide him some, Liam doing the "I can't wait for this next part" thing a lot, Liam sandbagging really good sidequests, Woolie using a not very good chip set (No damage and a bunch of regen) and then griping about at-level enemies having too much health, Liam talking over dialogue constantly for a while, Liam giving Woolie bad info pretty often which would lead to other dumb things, it felt like one of those LPs where one person claims to know the game and then when it's go time sort of maybe remembers some cliffnotes sometimes.

And obviously Liam didn't deserve a bunch of nerdlingers acting lovely to them, but the LP was pretty scuffed a lot of the time because it felt like they would keep railroading Woolie, it wasn't 'Not doing every sidequest' it was "No-no that's not important *To really good sidequests that actually clarify or add something to the main story*" over and over, while also giving him entirely wrong tips at times, which would further bungle Woolie's abilities.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 30, 2020

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah. Woolie's continued "but isn't it maybe censorship?" was cringey. I do admire Pat for saying "no, it's not" just flatly.

Yeah but then sometimes pat has takes like this and you gotta wonder

https://twitter.com/patstaresat/status/1244638490685591561

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Magna Kaser posted:

Yeah but then sometimes pat has takes like this and you gotta wonder

https://twitter.com/patstaresat/status/1244638490685591561

Yeah, but he payed for that take.

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1244642635488407552

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Man literally thought customers should obey corporations up until like 2 years ago, dude has problems beyond being an untreated OCD goblin

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the good thing about pat is that he is extremely willing to change his beliefs if presented with contrary evidence.....this is unfortunately also the bad thing about pat

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Yardbomb posted:

Also yeah the Nier Automata LP just didn't work for me, I watched more and more of it over time, gave it more chances, but Woolie being blind even with someone trying to guide him some, Liam doing the "I can't wait for this next part" thing a lot, Liam sandbagging really good sidequests, Woolie using a not very good chip set (No damage and a bunch of regen) and then griping about at-level enemies having too much health, Liam talking over dialogue constantly for a while, Liam giving Woolie bad info pretty often which would lead to other dumb things, it felt like one of those LPs where one person claims to know the game and then when it's go time sort of maybe remembers some cliffnotes sometimes.

And obviously Liam didn't deserve a bunch of nerdlingers acting lovely to them, but the LP was pretty scuffed a lot of the time because it felt like they would keep railroading Woolie, it wasn't 'Not doing every sidequest' it was "No-no that's not important *To really good sidequests that actually clarify or add something to the main story*" over and over, while also giving him entirely wrong tips at times, which would further bungle Woolie's abilities.

Eh, the half understood/half remembered bumble thoughs were always the most entertaining to me, like Pat walking Woolie through DS1/2, but apparently he got a lot of poo poo from people on those that made him loathe the Soulsborne fans, so maybe some of it is also just the nature of fandoms that crop up around large franchises with expansive background lore and lots of missable content.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Woolie is sundowning hard over UNO and Prop Hunt today.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AggressiveBetterMochaKappaClaus

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

What DOES Uno have to do with Prop Hunt?

(Also what's Prop Hunt? :v:)

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Vandar posted:

What DOES Uno have to do with Prop Hunt?

(Also what's Prop Hunt? :v:)

Basically video game hide and seek where everyone who isn't 'it' has a character model that looks like a prop, such as a tree or computer.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is prophunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qvSb1Al_sE&hd=1

prophunt was the best tf2 mod, the ways you could troll people as a prop were glorious

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Matt sandbagging the podcast turned out to be crucial to its listenability, who knew

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Very tangentially related to the best friends, but since when have the Game Grumps started doing episodes that aren't 10 minutes long? It feels like they're watchable now, despite their humor being hit/miss for me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
like half a year ago or so I think, basically they were like "the algorithm doesn't exactly work the same so we're switching things up and also it just feels better"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
and speaking of the grumps, arin streamed for a WHILE just shooting the poo poo but had the megaman x collection up onscreen for the majority of the stream so finally decided "I should actually play some instead of cocktease people the whole time" and started playing megaman x6.

megaman x6 is a TERRIBLE video game. arin is TERRIBLE at the game. this makes for an AMAZING surprisingly chill stream. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq96WWQfn4&hd=1&t=4382s

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Captain Invictus posted:

this is prophunt

prophunt was the best tf2 mod, the ways you could troll people as a prop were glorious

sirtommygunn posted:

Basically video game hide and seek where everyone who isn't 'it' has a character model that looks like a prop, such as a tree or computer.

...so what's the connection to UNO? :v:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Matt sandbagging the podcast turned out to be crucial to its listenability, who knew

Part of that could also be the second Matt left the podcast added a full 2 hours to the runtime :v:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

the podcast is still fantastic imnvho

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Yeah I still love the podcast, in fact I'd actually say I like it more now due to the extreme length. Though if it wasn't for it I'd barely even know what Pat was up to anymore, I rarely watch his streams. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

When's CrymeTina taking on the Brian David Gilbert Fire Emblem challenge?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMVjPDqrkyg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Shoot her a tweet or email. See if she bites.