Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
The SF Force Maliwan SMG is insane.

A no chargeup penetrating laser that fires two elements simultaneously. Mine fires simultaneous incendiary and shock beams and everything just melts. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Also, protip: (minor Moxxi DLC spoiler) I discovered that the lasers fired by the final boss of the Moxxi DLC actually are shock damage, so the first three phases of the fight can be trivialized by using the Transformer shield; he'll spend most of his time healing you. The fourth phase is a different matter; he mostly uses melee attacks.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Transformer in general is a really cheesy shield. I use one on my main along with a shock Lob and basically it means I can heal my shields whenever I want by just aiming at the floor and shooting.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Rinkles posted:

Some of the new legendaries can only be found in special chests (the skullmasher, for instance).

I was a bit down on the DLC after finishing it, but I'm enjoying just rerunning the maps. Some good flow. And I love some of the new guns.

You say this but those where literally the only three legendary drops that would drop. We got no other legendary guns to drop.

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?
Anarchy is so stupidly powerful. I got 3 to drop before finishing the DLC and after I started using the first one, I don't think I used anything else the entire time.

Just to see how good it was, I went to Slaughter 3000 on normal and finished it with almost no issues (last few waves of the finial round had some hairy moments) and prior to that, the best I did was wave 1 in round 4.

Adding in the Pearl of Ineffable Knowledge makes Anarchy pretty much a 1 shot from sniper rifle ranges. I would be amazed if it doesn't get nerfed soon.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Katt posted:

The season pass which would have cost $10 with the game can be bought for $40 separate :v:

You care to explain this math to me? I'm seeing the season pass as $40 when included with Super Deluxe and $50 separate (with current sale bringing it to $40 also).

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
New to the DLCs, and running Handsome Jackpot while in Mayhem 1 and its crazy how many purples and legendaries are dropping.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

So I beat the game for the first time and restarted on TVHM instead of Mayhem. I guess that's a preference thing and I'm fine? I didn't see a way to put more than 1 Mayhem when I was playing around with it, does that come over time?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Internet Explorer posted:

So I beat the game for the first time and restarted on TVHM instead of Mayhem. I guess that's a preference thing and I'm fine? I didn't see a way to put more than 1 Mayhem when I was playing around with it, does that come over time?

The pedestal has different areas you can interact with, if you click on one side it decreases the mayhem level, click on the other and the level increases.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Panfilo posted:

New to the DLCs, and running Handsome Jackpot while in Mayhem 1 and its crazy how many purples and legendaries are dropping.

So many drop in Mayhem 3 that I usually just ignore the purples.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
So, earlier a person stated they found a sniper rifle so powerful that it almost sounded like a joke. Well I got it as a lucky drop and holy cow that thing is a beast. A fully automatic sniper rifle that does easily four times the amount of damage a regular rifle can put out, but also spawns a volcano that murders anything that comes close to where the enemy stood last. It'll probably last me to the end of first play through.

heres a picture of the gun in question: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2040681743

Edit: Also, I just noticed that I'm 33 hours in and I still haven't unlocked the friggin' artifact slot.

Tombot fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 30, 2020

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Borderlands 3: Yes, The Krakatoa Is Good Now

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So me and a couple friends just started playing and beat the Katagawa ball and I got to ask.

At any point after the story is over do the borderland characters ever Shut. Up. and let you murder things? new game+ or mayhem does it let you just fight things?

Every 30 second arena is punctuated by 3 minutes of characters yabbering at eachother or interrupting eachother because you found a audiolog or turned in a quest.

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

Around what level is it normal to finish story mode?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

The worst submarine posted:

Around what level is it normal to finish story mode?

high 30s, I think

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So me and a couple friends just started playing and beat the Katagawa ball and I got to ask.

At any point after the story is over do the borderland characters ever Shut. Up. and let you murder things? new game+ or mayhem does it let you just fight things?

Every 30 second arena is punctuated by 3 minutes of characters yabbering at eachother or interrupting eachother because you found a audiolog or turned in a quest.

They do not and the new DLC is even worse about this than the base game

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I made a decision to go down the green challenger ranks tree first for the luck boost because I remembered the awful legendary drop rates from BL2 and wanted a slightly better chance of getting stuff. This is absolute overkill, I'm the Handsome Jackpot DLC on only Mayhem 1 and I'm still nearly filling my inventory with legendaries and anointed purples between vending machines. It's insane. Is there any reason to even bother going higher on the Mayhem levels beyond simply wanting more challenge? Because I've already filled out my non-Bank SDU upgrades so money is pointless and the drop rate is absurd... EXP, maybe?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Listerine posted:

The pedestal has different areas you can interact with, if you click on one side it decreases the mayhem level, click on the other and the level increases.

Ah cool, thank you.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I love radiation. So much so I was wearing a 38 red suit shield into my 50s. Now I want a 57 red suit....

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Nope. It is by far the worst thing about the game (Even worse than how they break the UI every time they claim to have fixed it) and if it weren't for that, I would probably have put in three times as much time than I have, but I generally play until I get tired of the yammering and Alt+F4 out. My sessions last about 20-30 minutes unless playing the Circle of Slaughter missions.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

booksnake posted:

You care to explain this math to me? I'm seeing the season pass as $40 when included with Super Deluxe and $50 separate (with current sale bringing it to $40 also).

The regular digital deluxe edition is the one with the season pass. At the steam launch it was $50. Now the season pass alone is $40.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

They do not, infact, the further you get, the more and longer people talk for, I personally enjoy it but I'm aware I'm in the minority here.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Katt posted:

The regular digital deluxe edition is the one with the season pass. At the steam launch it was $50. Now the season pass alone is $40.

I see. That's hosed up

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Can someone give me pointers on how to beat Wotan on mayhem 4 with Fl4k? That fat fucker insta killing my pet really pisses me off and the fact that I have no ista heal abilities or good damage reduction really feels like phase 3 just one shots me. It's also possible I'm just bad.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Frustrated posted:

Can someone give me pointers on how to beat Wotan on mayhem 4 with Fl4k? That fat fucker insta killing my pet really pisses me off and the fact that I have no ista heal abilities or good damage reduction really feels like phase 3 just one shots me. It's also possible I'm just bad.

Yeah, struggling to survive the takedown with fl4k as well. Damage is no problem but I die too quick.

If anyone is on PS4 and have a Last Stand Otto Idol they could dupe me I'd be greatful.

Tip for your pet dying: in the skills menu, if you select another pet the dying one will despawn and the one you chose will spawn healthy next to you. You can also choose a different pet, back out of menu, then immediately go to menu and choose the original one again. If you have the menu ready you can even do it on multiplayer no problem

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Another general tip, despite being armor, Wotan actually resists cryo. Only his top, seperated half doesn't.

Infinity Gaia posted:

I made a decision to go down the green challenger ranks tree first for the luck boost because I remembered the awful legendary drop rates from BL2 and wanted a slightly better chance of getting stuff. This is absolute overkill, I'm the Handsome Jackpot DLC on only Mayhem 1 and I'm still nearly filling my inventory with legendaries and anointed purples between vending machines. It's insane. Is there any reason to even bother going higher on the Mayhem levels beyond simply wanting more challenge? Because I've already filled out my non-Bank SDU upgrades so money is pointless and the drop rate is absurd... EXP, maybe?

You want anointed weapons on M4. Even with M4's loot rates, finding gear the you want with the anoints you want can take a very very long time.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Cool, just bought this game on sale and got up to speed with the thread. Seeing that I should have got the on sale regular version of the Super Deluxe for £15 extra rather than regular edition is a bit of a kick in the teeth. Cool, I guess I’ll play the regular camping and then come back to this later if I need another fix :colbert:

I’ve played about 12ish hours and boy the story feels.. off. I missed the finale dlc of BL2 but the start is just bizarre. Borderlands 2 was hardly groundbreaking - and the start is slow as hell- but it seemed vaguely cohesive at least.

The gunplay is fantastic though. Sliding all over the place with the move speed up kill skill is amazing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dugong posted:

The gunplay is fantastic though. Sliding all over the place with the move speed up kill skill is amazing.

Get a snowdrift artifact once you can equip artifacts

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I definitely enjoyed the cultist book club in the new DLC.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Rinkles posted:

You want anointed weapons on M4. Even with M4's loot rates, finding gear the you want with the anoints you want can take a very very long time.

That still didn't answer my question of "Why bother going to the harder difficulty mode beyond just getting gear to do better in the harder difficulty mode" but I googled it and found my own answer, which is that there are legendaries which only drop on M4. Which is reason enough, I guess.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

That still didn't answer my question of "Why bother going to the harder difficulty mode beyond just getting gear to do better in the harder difficulty mode"

I mean that's a question for any loot game. To what end are you trying to get better gear?

The M4 exclusive stuff isn't relevant to a lot of builds.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Mar 30, 2020

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

What's a mostly non-elemental build look like in this game? Something like a jacob's legendary with 100% damage on action skill end? Seems like missing say the 50% bonus from an anointed shield means everyone wants to do at little elemental damage at least, yeah? I was playing Amara and now I'm trying to play Zane using different kind of guns.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Darth Walrus posted:

I definitely enjoyed the cultist book club in the new DLC.

The dialogue lasts for at least 5 minutes, it was super good.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

It's a shame the Jericho rocket launcher does friendly fire, cause otherwise that seems like a fun thing to use on accordingly built Moze build.

The *cough* Storm Front *cough* seems like a good grenade to use for the same build. Are there any others I should look for?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Why are some of you being such goobs about the Storm Front? It's a common weather-related phrase whose main use isn't racist. The Storm Front has been a grenade mod since at least Borderlands 2.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

...! posted:

Why are some of you being such goobs about the Storm Front? It's a common weather-related phrase whose main use isn't racist. The Storm Front has been a grenade mod since at least Borderlands 2.

gee I wonder why

in a game from Randy loving Pitchford

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Internet Explorer posted:

gee I wonder why

in a game from Randy loving Pitchford

drat, you've blown the Borderlands Nazi propaganda conspiracy wide open.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I wouldn’t be surprised if Randy is a Proud Boy.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

That's kind of the schtick of the game series. I dig it, personally (although I admit I could use less "OK, NOW WALK 50 FEET TO TALK TO LILITH FORGET THAT WE ALL HAVE ECHO DEVICES")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Kaysette posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Randy is a Proud Boy.

I wouldn't doubt it.