Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh Mister B posted:

is this true? i remember three being so loving good

3 is incredibly good but they're bringing over Paradise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Oh Mister B posted:

is this true? i remember three being so loving good
Paradise is 5. Chances are if you like Burnout you'll probably like it, but it's pretty different from the great arcade racers 2 and 3 that built the series.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress yeah Xenoblade Chronicles. i never played it and it looks rad. also very hype for Bravely Default II.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just started playing xenoblade 2 and now I don't know whether to pause and play the first one instead

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Hype for Club House Games it looks mega chill

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

revenge on the 360 was the best burnout because you could use your boost to detonate your car if you got taken down and just nuke the entire racetrack

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just started playing xenoblade 2 and now I don't know whether to pause and play the first one instead

they are largely unrelated

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Jedi Academy out of freaking nowhere lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

revenge on the 360 was the best burnout because you could use your boost to detonate your car if you got taken down and just nuke the entire racetrack

i forgot that wasnt in the earlier games

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think it was only in certain races called Afterburner races. And Revenge is trash because they changed the AI and "combat" feels terrible compared to 3 which sucks.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i liked new leaf well enough but i only ever really played it offline alone while commuting. having this one while stuck at home on a comfier device i have fully entered the calm zone

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Jedi Academy out of freaking nowhere lol

they already ported jedi outcast and it probably sold alright

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
did they ever try and make a new burnout after Paradise? I don't even remember any

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think what was left of the Criterion team was shifted over to work on the NFS franchise. The original founders of Criterion made their own studio and have been putting out lovely Burnout wannabes and I feel kinda bad for them because you can tell their heart is in the right place but they just can't put the magic together again.

An HD remaster of 2 and 3 would be great if EA is listening though.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

The Milkman posted:

did they ever try and make a new burnout after Paradise? I don't even remember any

not really, criterion moved onto trying to revitalize need for speed then a bunch of the key devs went indie to try and make a spiritual successor whose name i cant remember. crash something and dangerous driving

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

3D World and Galaxy remasters coming

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1244636247185690630

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Also 64 and Sunshine apparently

https://twitter.com/tomphillipsEG/status/1244648212067205120

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
https://twitter.com/rihanna/status/488434293996552192

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Nintendo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

nintendo rumors.....

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Hell yeah. Now do the Zelda games from the same era please

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Holy poo poo pisssss

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The fire pack is coming

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

These are going to release right after Metroid Prime Trilogy Switch and The Extremely Real Star Fox Themed F-Zero Game That Retro Studios Was Going to Unveil at E3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh and ARMS 2.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

These are going to release right after Metroid Prime Trilogy Switch and The Extremely Real Star Fox Themed F-Zero Game That Retro Studios Was Going to Unveil at E3.

So they're releasing tomorrow?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Finally

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I just realized what they're talking about in the OP is Super Mario All-Stars but for people born in 2002.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

he should be shot

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1244680628257411072?s=21

I'm beginning to strongly suspect this might actually be the most cruel April Fool's Day joke of all time.

Paper Mario more similar to N64/GC? There's no way that wasn't written by a fanboy trying to bait people's hopes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

I'm beginning to strongly suspect this might actually be the most cruel April Fool's Day joke of all time.

Paper Mario more similar to N64/GC? There's no way that wasn't written by a fanboy trying to bait people's hopes.

Doesn't miyamoto hate N64 and GC paper Mario which is why he's done everything he personally can to make nobody buy paper Mario games.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

American McGay posted:

Yeah there's no way this is real.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's real because Mario and Luigi and Miyamoto and Tezuka are my friends and they would never lie to me.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

Doesn't miyamoto hate N64 and GC paper Mario which is why he's done everything he personally can to make nobody buy paper Mario games.

thats just overblown internet bullshit from brokebrain paper mario fans

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

thats just overblown internet bullshit from brokebrain paper mario fans

i figured. i was hoping theyd do something with paper mario on switch, especially since the mario&luigi people are dead. but who knows

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i'm choosing to keep my hopes up and ignore the losers and haters.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's real because Mario and Luigi and Miyamoto and Tezuka are my friends and they would never lie to me.

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

heeheex2 posted:

i'm choosing to keep my hopes up and ignore the losers and haters.
Best of luck as you ignore.... yourself lmfao!