Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Zeta Acosta posted:

Ferrari are good. Yoy may say they are the best?

You may, but you're intensely wrong and bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Zeta Acosta posted:

Ferrari are good. Yoy may say they are the best?

crap team from a crap country that even with full lock down still spreads Covid as if it is the USA

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

"It's been so long since the Germans attacked anybody I don't see what everyone is upset about why can't they just have the Sudetenland it's mostly German anyway"
- Residency Evil, 1938

Ah yes, Vettel and Ferrari. They're both from the UK, right?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Residency Evil posted:

It's been so long since I've watched an F1 race that I've forgotten why we hate RBR over say, that fraud Vettel at Ferrari.

They're a Nazi operation whose cover is a fraudulent F1 team.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Custard Undies posted:

So in wild speculation news......

Nico Rosberg's #1 fan Toto Wolff is leaving? If anything this should make Lewis want to stay

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Theophany posted:

Max Mosley hasn't been involved in F1 in years tho

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Theophany posted:

Red Bull has more Nazis than Mercedes?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Look it's very simple:

RBR:
- Run by literal nazis
- Horner possibly the most greasy character in f1 and that's saying something
- Managed to carry Vettel to 4 WDCs and trick people into thinking he's good
- Horrendous driver management

Ferrari:
- Italian
- Cheats
- Incompetent
- But I repeat myself

You can hate multiple teams for a variety of reasons, don't limit yourself to one

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

NtotheTC posted:

You can hate multiple teams for a variety of reasons, don't limit yourself to one
Thread title

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Which one of you is this?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
That man should be in line to receive a knighthood

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

No lie, I'm jealous of that man.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

NtotheTC posted:

Getting into F1 I quickly learned that everybody hates everyone and any questions should be answered in the most condescending way possible.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Rectal Placenta posted:

Getting into F1 I quickly learned that everybody hates everyone and any questions should be answered in the most condescending way possible.

Kid, you're going to go far

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Rectal Placenta posted:

You’re picking this sport up quickly

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Rectal Placenta posted:

lance stroll driver of the day

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Rectal Placenta posted:

Nice meltdown

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

OhsH posted:

lance stroll driver of the day

:monocle:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rectal Placenta posted:

You're already more knowledgeable about the sport than all Max fans.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Rectal Placenta posted:

gently caress you; maybe if you lurked more you'd realise how wrong you are.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Imagine getting into F1 LMBO

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
One-eyed Nazi says stupid poo poo:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/marko-red-bull-coronavirus-camp/4774807/

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

quote:

Breathing apparatus designed to help prevent coronavirus patients from requiring intensive care has been developed with the help of Mercedes, with other F1 teams ready to help out with production

Over the past couple of weeks, the seven UK-based F1 teams (Mercedes, Red Bull, Racing Point, Williams, Haas, Renault, and McLaren) combined their efforts with the ‘Project Pitlane’ initiative, with the goal of used their rapid prototyping and engineering knowhow to help provide critical medical devices in a time of need.

As part of that, Mercedes has been working with engineers and hospital staff at University College London and has come up with the As part of that, Mercedes has been working with engineers and hospital staff at University College London and has come up with the Continuous Positive Airway Pressure device (CPAP).

These are already in limited use in hospitals around the country. However, the project has seen an existing CPAP device reverse-engineered and redesigned in order for it be mass-produced more easily. The entire process has taken just five days, instead of the two years it would take in normal circumstances.

The CPAP device works pushing a steady flow of air and oxygen into the mouth and nose of patients, allowing them to continue to breathe before the symptoms of coronavirus become more severe and hopefully preventing patients from going into intensive care - a far less invasive process than needing to go on to a ventilator.

Andy Cowell, managing director of Mercedes-AMG High Performance Powertrains, said:

"The Formula 1 community has shown an impressive response to the call for support, coming together in the ‘Project Pitlane’ collective to support the national need at this time across a number of different projects. We have been proud to put our resources at the service of UCL to deliver the CPAP project to the highest standards and in the fastest possible timeframe.”

The CPAP device has already been given the go-ahead from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, and trials are currently being undertaken in UCL, as well as three other London hospitals. If all goes well, the device will enter mass production. This is another area where the Formula 1 industry is set to help out, with teams able to produce around 1000 per day.

It’s a very impressive collaborative response from F1 and the wider engineering and medical communities in a time of need which, if successful, could make a significant difference during the global Covid-19 pandemic.

That's pretty drat awesome!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

lmao they should do it

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Literally an Austrians first response to anything "hmm maybe we should put people in a camp?"

"We should separate people by perhaps ethnicity or sexual orientation too, just to try and gather data on who is most vulnerable! I have some fabric stars here we could easily-"

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

Literally an Austrians first response to anything "hmm maybe we should put people in a camp?"

"We should separate people by perhaps ethnicity or sexual orientation too, just to try and gather data on who is most vulnerable! I have some fabric stars here we could easily-"

:holymoley:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I didn't really pay much attention to the season last year so i started watching the new netflix thing and got introduced to some beardo and Rich Energy. Having no loving idea what the hell that was, i googled it and now i'm more confused than ever.

that's a thing that really happened? :psyduck:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a kitten posted:

I didn't really pay much attention to the season last year so i started watching the new netflix thing and got introduced to some beardo and Rich Energy. Having no loving idea what the hell that was, i googled it and now i'm more confused than ever.

Rich Energy is a saga.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Marko was doing God’s will trying to give Max Verstappen Coronavirus.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

a kitten posted:

Yes and every single twist and turn of it was loving amazing to spectate. Beardo's Twitter meltdowns on the corporate Rich Energy Twitter Account were easily top 10 season highlights.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

iospace posted:

Rich Energy is a saga.

Are there any places that lay out the complete story? I've only picked up bits/pieces over the past year or two.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

ive been re-watching the 2017 season through youtube race recap vids and by far the best part was when Grow John crashed trying to warm his tires up on a safety car.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

how the gently caress did huski chocolate outlive rich energy

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Residency Evil posted:

Are there any places that lay out the complete story? I've only picked up bits/pieces over the past year or two.

ESPN have some good cliffnotes: https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/27221746/the-bizarre-haas-rich-energy-saga-explained

Jalopnik went a bit further: https://jalopnik.com/what-you-find-when-you-look-into-rich-energy-the-myste-1833303620

and of course they're back at it again lol: https://www.thedrive.com/news/32225/f1s-sketchiest-sponsor-rich-energy-is-somehow-backing-a-racing-team-again

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

get in there lewis

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjd_DUAfzts

Jimmer racing with Are Jense in this one.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

There's been a Ferdi Habsburg sighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

the corona quid posted:

Marko was doing God’s will trying to give Max Verstappen Coronavirus.
Marco would have had it out of the way by May.