Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Cavauro posted:

Well what else do you like. food-wise, entertainment-wise. Drinks

I mad Jambalaya for dinner and it was very nice. I'm watching Criminal Minds at the moment. I'm drinking a strawberry and lime cider from Kopparberg.

I like to share these things in the hopes that people can know me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WatermelonGun posted:

i want to watch not lovely netflix ultraman

I love me some Ultraman but outside of the random Beat Takeshi episodes, the Nexus series was its high point. The Mega Galaxy stuff is pretty good too(they did a couple of short movies featuring Zero and His Posse that were pretty fun).

Maybe they’ll bother localizing the entire Orb arc because the Gai/Juggler frenemyship is a thing of beauty.

Adjacent to Ultraman, Kamen Rider Amazons is legit subbed out there. And I think I saw some Garo on VRV

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Shard posted:

Steven Universe may be my favorite show ever
Me too.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

coconono posted:

I love me some Ultraman but outside of the random Beat Takeshi episodes, the Nexus series was its high point. The Mega Galaxy stuff is pretty good too(they did a couple of short movies featuring Zero and His Posse that were pretty fun).

Maybe they’ll bother localizing the entire Orb arc because the Gai/Juggler frenemyship is a thing of beauty.

Adjacent to Ultraman, Kamen Rider Amazons is legit subbed out there. And I think I saw some Garo on VRV

The original Kamen Rider from 1971 recently got an official release too, available on both VRV and Tubi TV, the latter also has every Super Sentai series from 1991's Jetman through 2002's Hurricaneger

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm happy that young queer kids have something like Steven Universe to watch Nd make them not feel alone in the world but it does not a drop for me as a show. I like a good cartoon-rear end cartoon about a guy who finds a box with a singing frog inside it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CobiWann posted:

The Fast and Furious series is someone's Shadowrun campaign where the drivers are deckers and physical adepts with a Focus on drive, and every movie ends with an empty Karma pool.

It's Vin Diesel's Shadowrun campaign! I love that he tricked Hollywood into paying him huge amounts of money to gently caress about with his friends filming his RP game, and that the movies make a billion dollars.

Cavauro posted:

this birds of prey movie isn't too good so far but i'm not going to quit it. I thought i saw people say it was good, but i went looking and people said it was bad. But i knew that i had read people saying it was good. feels like people have different opinions sometimes

I had a lot of fun with that movie. It's not really a good movie, but the characters are tremendously entertaining and the movie is just having a good time with a really silly premise.

NienNunb posted:

I'm happy that young queer kids have something like Steven Universe to watch Nd make them not feel alone in the world but it does not a drop for me as a show. I like a good cartoon-rear end cartoon about a guy who finds a box with a singing frog inside it.

A singing frog!?! Why I'd pay a fortune for such a thing, demonstrate the frog singing for me!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i finished the film, putting it above every other dc film.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

What did you think of the Adam West style big henchmen fight towards the end of the film? Because I loved it a lot :)

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Birds of Prey is Batman & Robin x Tank Girl, and that’s why it’s good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It made me madder than hell! J/k. The spoilered thing was "cute"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

drrockso20 posted:

The original Kamen Rider from 1971 recently got an official release too, available on both VRV and Tubi TV, the latter also has every Super Sentai series from 1991's Jetman through 2002's Hurricaneger

Sentai is cool in that if you fall in love with the cast you'll watch them fold laundry in rapt joy but otherwise its not really worth watching more than the first five episodes.

And man, the original Kamen Rider is absolute art. If you want to see what happens when a japanese comic book artist gets to make television shows and the ensuing chaos that made it to TV, this is the show. We should package it up and shoot it into space for other cultures to enjoy.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

furious 7 was so bad lmao

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

rip paul driver

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh wow, the PSX core for OpenEmu is a hot mess on my macbook.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yea ok posted:

rip paul driver

:rip:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So for my birthday tonight, the kiddo agreed to watch my favorite movie of all time - the original Dawn of the Dead.

Watching her watch it, I was overwhelmed by how much she bought into it. She pointed things out without making fun (like the bright red blood vs. darker blood), had her favorite and least favorite characters as well as her favorite zombies, and flinched at but didn't look away from the gore. Being able to bond over something like that is a ray of sunshine in these dark times.

And the parallels between the breakdown of society/government and quarantine/locking yourself in a mall. Purely by accident, and she pointed them out to ME!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Happy birthday cobi

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

CobiWann posted:

So for my birthday tonight, the kiddo agreed to watch my favorite movie of all time - the original Dawn of the Dead.

Watching her watch it, I was overwhelmed by how much she bought into it. She pointed things out without making fun (like the bright red blood vs. darker blood), had her favorite and least favorite characters as well as her favorite zombies, and flinched at but didn't look away from the gore. Being able to bond over something like that is a ray of sunshine in these dark times.

And the parallels between the breakdown of society/government and quarantine/locking yourself in a mall. Purely by accident, and she pointed them out to ME!
You should be super loving proud.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Happy birthday Cobi! :)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Absolutely hosed that Walt Disney decided to pair a charming short film about a decadent dandy toad who likes to drive his motor car fast with a dark vision of Early American hell where a man is pursued to death by a headless, remorseless monster wielding a sword.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

NienNunb posted:

Absolutely hosed that Walt Disney decided to pair a charming short film about a decadent dandy toad who likes to drive his motor car fast with a dark vision of Early American hell where a man is pursued to death by a headless, remorseless monster wielding a sword.

NienNunb I love you and you know this, but if you besmirch the good name of Disney's Headless Horseman ever again I will destroy what you love the most by posting rude, dismissive comments on Bruce Springsteen youtube videos

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Oh the Headless Horseman segment owns, adore both parts of the movie. Ive driven up to Sleepy Hollow multiple Octobers in a row because I like the movie so much. It's just absolutely not a pair of shorts that go well together.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Lamuella posted:

I mad Jambalaya for dinner and it was very nice. I'm watching Criminal Minds at the moment. I'm drinking a strawberry and lime cider from Kopparberg.

I like to share these things in the hopes that people can know me.

I made falafel and pita for dinner, with hummus I prepared earlier this week. Dessert will be homemade salted caramel ice cream and macarons. It was my first time with the latter and although they're a bit ugly they taste great!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Oh the Headless Horseman segment owns, adore both parts of the movie. Ive driven up to Sleepy Hollow multiple Octobers in a row because I like the movie so much. It's just absolutely not a pair of shorts that go well together.

actually they’re both stories of old money debauchery and is the finest coupling in the Disney Vault

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I made falafel and pita for dinner, with hummus I prepared earlier this week. Dessert will be homemade salted caramel ice cream and macarons. It was my first time with the latter and although they're a bit ugly they taste great!

I made my own salsa last night.

We should post a few recipes.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
why is the move called “braver”. why is his name “cloud”

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

WatermelonGun posted:

why is the move called “braver”. why is his name “cloud”

Have you known weather phenomena to be cowardly?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Why don't people listen? Meanwhile, I've been trying to social distance but three people in my household are coughing like crazy with me throwing up. :mad:

https://twitter.com/keeltyc/status/1243650632692662272

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what translates to braver is much more commonly used as a noun. like a fighter fights, a braver braves (things). it's used as a class name in phantasy star i think. Someone who braves stuff. so i guess when cloud's limit breaks he becomes a braver in his actions and it's just called that. cloud's full name means 'sign of struggle' but was directly translated as cloud strife, because there isn't a 1:1 there in both the same literal and figurative terms between the two languages. (cloud = warning/sign/whatever) might be wrong because i made this up out of assumptions. gotta take a potty break

it took a while because i was playing mario kart.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 31, 2020

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
a braver's sharp incisors never stop growing, which is why they must constantly chew on logs

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Is anyone there.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Seth Rollins posted:

a braver's sharp incisors never stop growing, which is why they must constantly chew on logs

Same

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Home made ice cream has ruined store bought ice cream for me. If you get it right it's so good!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Comics talk:

I read Red Mass for Mars and I either don’t think it’s saying what the writer Hickman thinks that it’s saying (there’s an overt message about how fraternity is the path to true equality [which like, sure, okay]) or else Hickman just purged a lot of pent-up techno fascist ideology onto the page.

Still gotta finish East of West. One book left!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Read Phillip K Dick

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I've been using the lockdown to catch up on my ages-old quest to play through all the Final Fantasy games. Back in the day I had skipped VIII and had gone all this time without ever touching it, and now, twenty years later, I have finally played and completed Final Fantasy VIII.

Final Fantasy VIII is loving trash.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
get out of my thread

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Lamuella posted:

Home made ice cream has ruined store bought ice cream for me. If you get it right it's so good!

Can I do that without buying a bunch of specialized equipment?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

CarlCX posted:

I've been using the lockdown to catch up on my ages-old quest to play through all the Final Fantasy games. Back in the day I had skipped VIII and had gone all this time without ever touching it, and now, twenty years later, I have finally played and completed Final Fantasy VIII.

Final Fantasy VIII is loving trash.

On the topic of Final Fantasy, if it were up to me I'd strip the two MMO's of their number designations and retroactively have Crystal Chronicles and Type-0 take up the XI and XIV slots respectively

Nothing against the MMO's mind you, I just feel that having them be considered part of the main numbered series to have always been a mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Brut posted:

Can I do that without buying a bunch of specialized equipment?

we do have an ice cream maker, but it's a cheapie (£15 on Amazon), but once you have that and a decent recipe it's really straightforward. There are non-maker recipes but they don't turn out quite as good in my opinion.