Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Rabbit Ears.

Although Jeff and the Dankass Weed Factory is a close personal favorite.

Honestly last season nailed it with amazing episodes like 'Enter Stanman', 'Hamerican Dad!', 'Wild Women Do' (that goddamn list of things to keep Francine away from) and 'Eight Fires'.

You're right that 'Rabbit Ears' is a standout episode, though.

Love what they're doing with Tuttle's character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

My top ten list from last season (which according to Wikipedia technically isn't even over yet):

1. Rabbit Ears (I've yet to meet a person who doesn't love this one, even people who normally don't watch the show.)
2. The Eight Fires
3. Enter Stanman
4. Stompe Le Monde
5. Jeff and the Dank rear end Weed Factory
6. Hamerican Dad!
7. Shark!?
8. Wild Women Do
9. No Weddings and a Funeral
10. An Irish Goodbye

All bangers.

The_Doctor posted:

Rabbit Ears is legitimately good television, and absolutely one of the best episodes of the entire series.

I hate Weed Factory though, but I generally hate stoner comedy, so that’s on me.

I'm not normally a huge stoner comedy person either, but from some reason all of the jokes just worked for me in that one. I think Snoop dogg's delivery of the lines helped a lot.

"Why did I even have this dumb factory tour? I had very little to gain from a business perspective."

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 28, 2020

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Snoop Dogg following along with the machine was hilarious

"Blue dots. That's my mouse. Love that marble! That's my logo!"

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm gonna come out and say I am the Jeans: The Gina LaVetti Story is one of the best. It's weird as hell, and Klaus having a breakdown about Gina being Roger is such a fantastic gag.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I forgot to keep up with this show for a couple years until last year around this time when I started up again and You Gotta Strike For Your Right became one of my favorites for the B-plot where Francine keeps making increasingly ridiculous leaps of logic and being consistently 100% correct.

A friend of mine and myself saw that episode and then decided to watch American Dad in reverse order and it was a fun time, I think we started last April and finally finished up in like December.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
AD social media is saying ‘soon’ for new episodes. :toot:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

1. Rabbit Ears (I've yet to meet a person who doesn't love this one, even people who normally don't watch the show.)

It's fine. Just fine

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Coaaab posted:

Got nothing better to do, so my fav episodes from each season (based on the American Dad fandom wiki):

S1) Finances with Wolves
S2) The Best Christmas Story Never
S3) Frannie 911
S4) The One That Got Away
S5) Bully for Steve
S6) A Piñata Named Desire
S7) Stan's Best Friend
S8) Lost in Space
S9) Familyland
S10) Morning Mimosa
S11) The Unincludeds
S12) The Long Bomb
S13) Persona Assistant
S14) Wild Women Do

this was a virtually impossible task honestly

I'm going to do this too! :)

1) A Smith in the Hand
2) Black Mystery Month (American Dad Afterschool Special a close second)
3) Oedipal Panties
4) The One That Got Away -- just pure classic
5) In Country...Club (god, what a great season -- Cops & Roger AND A Jones for a Smith)
6) The People vs. Martin Sugar
7) Wheels & the Legman and the Case of Grandpa's Key
8) American Stepdad
9) News Glance with Genevieve Vavance
10) A Star Is Reborn
11) Criss-Cross Applesauce: The Ballad Of Billy Jesusworth
12) Kloger
13) Death by Dinner Party, but it doesn't seem fair to vote on this because I haven't seen all of the episodes from this season
14) Rabbit Ears, ditto but I can not imagine any of the episodes I haven't seen are better than this because holy poo poo

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I only know a few of these episodes by title.

I feel bad because of this.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

I only know a few of these episodes by title.

I feel bad because of this.

Me too, I know them as "the one where Roger is a _______"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I watched The One Where Roger is Phil Spector last night!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Klaus wrote the lyrics.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Shark?! deserves a best episode mention if only for giving us this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVQI_LKVvw0

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Brawnfire posted:

Klaus wrote the lyrics.

And, I cannot stress this enough, Klaus wrote the lyrics.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
If TBS.com is right, new episodes start in two weeks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Dang, yes!

Monday April 13th 10pm/9c - 100 Years a Solid Fool! :toot:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSoMdDu6ryI

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

no!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

Dang, yes!

Monday April 13th 10pm/9c - 100 Years a Solid Fool! :toot:

Oh heck yes! This show is coming back is what the country needs right now

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Stan getting caught doing random stupid poo poo by Francine and going OOH never fails to crack me up

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Oh heck yes! This show is coming back is what the country needs right now

My exact thoughts. Happy to have this to look forward to now. :3:

Cannot wait to see what Stan, the mom, little glasses guy and the angry lady Stan argues with are up to

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

this show has way better jokes and all but really the biggest thing that's constantly notable compared to the other Family Guy kinda stuff is the voice acting is so much better.

Stan's weird pained interjections are so good.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

this show has way better jokes and all but really the biggest thing that's constantly notable compared to the other Family Guy kinda stuff is the voice acting is so much better.

Stan's weird pained interjections are so good.

One of my favorite gags is when Evil Barry is trying to do Regular Barry''s voice. It's clever enough on it's own, but it's also fun watching an actor try to create an "off model" version of a character's voice.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
It's so great when the same voice actor does an imitation of one of their characters as another character. The scene in the plane episode where Roger dresses up as Stan and imitates him is pretty funny.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

This would make a great avatar.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I'm rewatching the most recent season to tide myself over till the new one starts, and I think I might need to make my top ten list a top into a top eleven because Pride Before the Fail is even better than I remember.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

YeahTubaMike posted:

It's so great when the same voice actor does an imitation of one of their characters as another character. The scene in the plane episode where Roger dresses up as Stan and imitates him is pretty funny.

I like in the wrestling episode where Roger is doing a Russian accent and by his own admission, “drifts into a little Dracula there toward the end” of one of his rants. It sounded like an unscripted take and it was so loving funny I’m glad they left it in.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Don't think about that book, Steve.

Don't! Think. About. That. Byook.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I'm rewatching the most recent season to tide myself over till the new one starts, and I think I might need to make my top ten list a top into a top eleven because Pride Before the Fail is even better than I remember.

Like my production of Pirates of Penzance!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

This would make a great avatar.

You know what would make some great avaTARS? The pirate cats from the Dog episode

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I just rewatched Rabbit Ears and it definitely has a new resonance after weeks quarantined.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
oh thank god

https://news.avclub.com/prestigious-animated-comedy-american-dad-will-return-t-1842644693

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7W-Itq1g4k

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

A ray of light in these dark times

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Two weeks?! I'm gonna go bananas!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

angerbeet posted:

Do it angerbeet, go bananas.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

angerbeet posted:

Don’t you do it!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Sounds like angerbeet is going bananas again.

Yup.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Bizarre crossover news: The Weeknd co-wrote and guest starred in an upcoming episode this season, including an original song written for the show.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That’s.. huh, ok, sure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I absolutely love the subplot of Stan and Steve switching eyebrows, even though they're drawn exactly the same.