Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

More like Agents of Meh-hem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
It's hard to explain but ESO is definitely MMO with an Elder Scrolls theme, rather than an Elder Scrolls MMO. For instance, you can't go underwater anywhere. Its just such a drastically different engine than any Bethesda game that its barely recognizable as an Elder Scrolls game. Still, its pretty fun. Its very casual because of the scaling, and as a result its very hard to feel like you're progressing in a meaningful way.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Johnny Truant posted:

Bought that bundle cause :eyepop:

What's everyone's must play in it?

brothers is like a 3 hour game that is worth going through. i didnt think the ending was as moving as some people but the environments are nice.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Thanks for Into the Breach! Gonna bash a load of bugs in the face later.

To give back (and because we all have nothing else to do right now), I've got a random selection of keys that have accrued over time for those that want them.

Teslagrad
Distrust
Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You
ETHEREAL
Domina
Flat Kingdom Paper's Cut Edition
Kathy Rain
N++
Pony Island

Just speak up in the thread and I'll either PM you the key if you have Plat or through steam messages, failing that.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 1, 2020

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I'd be interested in this

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I've already got it but Pony Island is a really fun (if short) game with some cool meta bullshit going on. If you play it and like it, the dev's next game The Hex will probably be up your alley, it's a lot more fleshed out and pretty clever.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

ShootaBoy posted:

To give back (and because we all have nothing else to do right now), I've got a random selection of keys that have accrued over time for those that want them.

Teslagrad
Distrust
ETHEREAL
Domina
Kathy Rain
N++
Pony Island

Just speak up in the thread and I'll either PM you the key if you have Plat or through steam messages, failing that.
Domina would be sweet as hell.

EDIT: Thanks a ton!

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 1, 2020

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cardiovorax posted:

This is a real protip, by the way. Wiztree goes right into your file system and instead of having to manually record how many files you have and how much space they take up, they just rip the info out of the database your hard drive already maintains even without you asking. It's faster than WinDirStat by a factor of 20, easily. Hubcat, keep recommending this, because I keep forgetting to.

also use Everything for search, it's incredible.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Johnny Truant posted:

The gently caress is Magix? Is there ANOTHER game launching program? Yeesh.

magix is a front end for a bunch of video, sound and music utilities. it's a pain in the rear end, but they do a lot of sales.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Apparently I do not count as a new humble choice subscriber because I did humble monthly for a bit before it became humble choice. I think that kind of sucks of them but oh well, at least all my money went to charity and there were still quite a few games in the bundle I didn't have.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Terraria is one of the greatest games ever made but holy poo poo they have never been able to release promotional material or official art that wasn't godawful.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Jesus gently caress I have been using spacesniffer and Wiztree absolutely obliterates it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Disgusting Coward posted:

Terraria is one of the greatest games ever made but holy poo poo they have never been able to release promotional material or official art that wasn't godawful.

Yeah lol I saw this on the store page today and had to cringe at this image. Just show a screenshot from the game of someone loving poo poo up in hell or something :cripes:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Its just such a drastically different engine than any Bethesda game that its barely recognizable as an Elder Scrolls game.
That sounds good, actually. death 2 gamebryo

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

anilEhilated posted:

A bit late to the party, but I just finished Black Mesa (admittedly purchased as placebo for Doom Eternal) and enjoyed it quite a lot with the exception of one level: Interloper. Whoever decided that the run-up to the final boss is best spent on a more than an hour's worth of loving around with power cables, crates and conveyor belts should not be allowed anywhere near level design ever again. I was pleasantly surprised how they handled most of Xen but I'm pretty confident I will never want to replay this game again because that one level just sucks so much.

e: I mean, Half-Life's final levels were a pain in the rear end but at least they were mercifully short. In Black Mesa, Xen gets away with the extension because it's pretty and Gonarch's Lair gets away with it because it's tense, but by the time you hit Interloper you're just thoroughly sick of it and the generic cave factory visuals you spend most of it on just add to the frustration.

The last part of the level absolutely owns though. The conveyor belts could def be shorter but I wouldn't change a thing about the elevator.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Agents of Mayhem :hehe:

I do kinda want to try it though. For some reason. I dunno. I'd probably hate it.

I bought it a while ago when it was massively on sale. even bought all the dlc characters. It does remind me of Doom '16 in a sense because it does it's core gameplay well, but it does only that. Might get pretty monotonous if you don't enjoy that core combat.

World kind of sucks, missions suck but drat did I love that arcadey third person shooter gameplay.

John Murdoch posted:

Hello, second Agents of Mayhem liker.

Hello! It's a hard game to explain why I like it but I do. But it's probably not gonna blow your mind. I think the publisher never gave it a chance and everyone compared it to saints row, which it would never live up to.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 1, 2020

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ShootaBoy posted:

Teslagrad
Distrust
ETHEREAL
Domina
Kathy Rain
N++
Pony Island

I'd like Orwell if it's still available, it always seemed interesting but not interesting enough to actually buy.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I'm a day late with Weeklong Deals but there's some great stuff in there like amazing point-and-click The Sea Will Claim Everything for one dollar, chill ocean adventure ABZU, and intense Lovecraftian RPG Stygian. Here's a big list of recommendations for folks who've been dodging all these amazing bundles to spend their scratch on random indie deals.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Disgusting Coward posted:

What are you talking about? Terraria is nothing without a hero trying to ask a disinterested heroine how his rear end looks in this new armor!

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

That's some serious Demon Rush vibe.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Psycho Landlord posted:

The last part of the level absolutely owns though. The conveyor belts could def be shorter but I wouldn't change a thing about the elevator.
Yeah, the elevator is pretty cool, it's just that at that point I was so frustrated with the endless padding the fact you move at a set - slow - pace didn't really do much for me. It would be absolutely fine if you cut off the middle - I don't know, keep the beginning, the power cord puzzles where you climb up shafts, the section where you to run from the gargants and the elevator. You still get a sense of going upwards climbing that tower and get rid of most of the factory bullshit.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

How is age of wonders planetfall? I really liked 2 and 3, so I'm expecting good things, especially with this big patch they just released?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I don't own it, as I've learnt my lesson with Paradox and know better than to buy into any of their new products.

Those who did get it said it was amazing they managed to make the game so dull. So par for the courseI guess? They'll continue to keep pushing expensive DLC that promises the earth, be aware of their business model.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
I think it's on gamepass too.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

How is age of wonders planetfall? I really liked 2 and 3, so I'm expecting good things, especially with this big patch they just released?
I recently bought it and I really like it but as I haven´t played the game before the sweeping changes I can´t give you any info on how it improved from before.

I wonder if anyone have played Starpoint Gemini Warlords? It seems to combine both tactical and strategic combat with empire building. Is it worth a look at the currently reduced price?

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Does anyone have a Jackbox Party Pack 2 key that they don't want? Please PM me.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

GrandpaPants posted:

It's cool but don't expect your average Civ-like 4X, it's more similar to HoMM with a focus on combat and conquest. Really fun game to lose an entire day playing.

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme

ShootaBoy posted:

if it's still available I'd take Pony Island.

In turn I have a humble gift key for Broken Age if someone wants it.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

exquisite tea posted:

It's cool but don't expect your average Civ-like 4X, it's more similar to HoMM with a focus on combat and conquest. Really fun game to lose an entire day playing.
The actual combat is nothing like HoMM, just to clarify. It's more tactical, with positioning and direction affecting like damage and flanking attacks. There's an in-combat cover system, individual units can be equipped with different gear and upgrades, etc.

It's interesting, but yeah, the strategy aspect takes a definite second place to complex combat mechanics.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

John Murdoch posted:

Add me to the pile of people that liked Agents of Mayhem, it’s got a fun GI Joe cartoon thing going on and the combat is a blast. Each character feels really different in terms of weapon/powers/mobility and picking a team gives you a lot of chances to change up the way the game plays.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That humble bundle just doubled the size of my Steam library

Am I one of the cool kids yet, since I probably will only play 4/5 of the games?!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Johnny Truant posted:

That humble bundle just doubled the size of my Steam library

Am I one of the cool kids yet, since I probably will only play 4/5 of the games?!

You've got a long road ahead of you, kiddo

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

You've got a long road ahead of you, kiddo

:negative:

This is what I get for being out of the PC gaming world for *checks watch* 14 years or so

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
On the plus side, you get to play some really good games for the first time.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Johnny Truant posted:

This is what I get for being out of the PC gaming world for *checks watch* 14 years or so
That's how old my Steam account is.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Johnny Truant posted:

You want a copy of tropico4 to never play?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Zedd posted:

You want a copy of tropico4 to never play?

Haha that was in the COVID-19 Humble Bundle, but thanks anyway!

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I got a bunch of duplicate games from that Humble Covid Bundle, so I'm just going to give the Steam keys to y'all.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - 35XX0-DVVGM-Q035Q
Brutal Legend - L6HPY-3TCXK-E2ICQ
Darksiders: Warmastered Edition - 32VV5-T6YXW-HK3ZQ
Hollow Knight - 3LHB8-YMEXE-JQT5K
Magicka - 326CH-4W3MN-7RQ0D
Psychonauts - I9WG5-AE3XQ-HHPGB
Samorost 2 - ZZPMV-XPYH8-EWANH
Sniper Elite 3 - 3C4Q9-PNWBV-ANK2T
Tropico 4 - 2Z4B0-I6R97-Z6Y23
Undertale - 3AZTE-RJTYP-XIQGM
World of Goo - 33NH9-BAYQF-Y2N55

Samorost 2 wasn't in the bundle, but apparently I got it in a bundle like a year or two ago and never redeemed it. You guys can have that one too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

ty for darksiders, I hadnt played the original