Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Bumper Stickup posted:

Everyone who dislikes Axton is wrong.

Having any opinion whatsoever on Axton is shocking enough. The guy has pretty much literally no personality to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

https://i.imgur.com/NmskziG.mp4

What are you trying to tell me, game?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
The final boss from Handsome Jackpot was pretty decent but I'm surprised it wasn't something you fought in BL2.

I found Jack's fight in BL2 rather anticlimactic, honestly. It wasn't really difficult and once it's finished he's mortally wounded through the whole Warrior fight.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Infinity Gaia posted:

Having any opinion whatsoever on Axton is shocking enough. The guy has pretty much literally no personality to him.

Hey! He's bisexual. (By accident, apparently.)

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Does the middle mod reduce damage taken or reduce my ability to reduce damage taken? :v:

Can these things have negative stats?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Panfilo posted:

The final boss from Handsome Jackpot was pretty decent but I'm surprised it wasn't something you fought in BL2.

I found Jack's fight in BL2 rather anticlimactic, honestly. It wasn't really difficult and once it's finished he's mortally wounded through the whole Warrior fight.

I thought it made sense that the dude who sat in his office on a space station eating pretzels and talking poo poo on the radio for the entire game wasn't actually the Achilles he thought himself to be in a straight fight with actual murder hobos.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Claptrap called Gage "minion" which I like as a callback.

Also Moze is not at all perturbed by a man who is immune to gravity. I know we just went through a story and one DLCs worth of borderlands weirdness, Moze, but come on!

Iron Bear is apparently like BT from Titanfall 2 to Moze which is also pretty weird.

forhorglingrads
Aug 14, 2003

I just started playing again after a long break. I know they've buffed a bunch of weapons and I know the Lob got one. I decided to level up my Amara and I got a Lob....is it broken right now? It is absolutely melting everything. I'm 47 and decided to try mayhem 3, it's still melting.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

forhorglingrads posted:

I just started playing again after a long break. I know they've buffed a bunch of weapons and I know the Lob got one. I decided to level up my Amara and I got a Lob....is it broken right now? It is absolutely melting everything. I'm 47 and decided to try mayhem 3, it's still melting.

I got one and it blitzed me through Handsome Jackpot. Has an annoyingly slow projectile speed (guess that's the gimmick). And that was even with a Seein Dead class mod that granted considerable boost to Torgue projectile speed, so I assume the default one is like the Mooninite guys (from ATHF) pixel projectile.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Hey! He's bisexual. (By accident, apparently.)

Sexual preference is not a personality trait.

Game-related discussion: I really like Moze's comments in the new DLC. "Yeah, I need to leave, Iron Bear needs some bear... juice..."

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

it wasn’t so much an accident as it was that they couldn’t make him flirt with female pcs only so they rolled with it and just made him canonically bi

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

He *really* likes his turret.

Also Im pretty sure Roland had barely any personality in BL1.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Dyz posted:

Also Im pretty sure Roland had barely any personality in BL1.

Roland has barely any personality, ever.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Roland has a bit of personality, it's just both kind of boring and written by people who aren't good at writing, especially dialog. He's basically Captain Americatlas. He's the decent-guy-who-wants-to-do-what's-right, and also the guy-with-the-military-experience-who-acts-as-leader-by-default-and-by-constant-display-of-decency. If you look at his actions and not his quips he definitely has a personality. Just not you know, a memorable one. But like... who in this game does? They're all either one-note-cartoony or pretty nonexistent. Like... what's Lilith's personality like? She's the protagonist of two of the games and I feel like what I know about her is "is the firehawk" and "calls people 'Killer'."

I'm enjoying Zane's gameplay (Seein' Dead though!) and his "mad Irish lad" quips are generally tolerable and sometimes amusing enough. One thing I did really enjoy was realizing towards the end of the main plot that the reason he's so game for everything is because it's precisely what he was expecting out of retirement. Like, his retirement plan was pretty much verbatim "go to Pandora, find a vault, probably get involved in some insane alien bullshit, probably have to kill a bunch of people"

Edit: What's a good anointment for Zane, btw? On Amara I was one of those assholes who constantly missed with Phasegrasp for extra elemental damage, but with Zane I usually have my clone and drone out for the duration of the fight so the "X on action skill end" stuff seems to get less mileage. The best weapon anointment so far seems to me "100% extra cryo damage while the drone is out" or maybe "130% extra damage after swapping with the clone" but I'm not sure what shield and grenade anointments to be looking for.

Digital Osmosis fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 1, 2020

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Floppychop posted:

That's one of the reasons I didn't really care about Handsome Jack blowing Roland away, it's hard to care about a guy who spent a chunk of BL2 kidnapped and then doing nothing in Sanctuary.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Floppychop posted:

"Is Roland boring or cool? Or are those the same thing?"

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Is the loot drops from Mayhem 3 and 4 better than 1/2 or just more plentiful?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Think both. If I'm not mistaken, M4 has the same chance of legendaries as M3, but higher chance of anoints.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Help, someone shrunk iron bear :(

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Morter posted:

Help, someone shrunk iron bear :(

This happened to be not 10 minutes ago when I fell into a green sludge pool.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Rinkles posted:

Think both. If I'm not mistaken, M4 has the same chance of legendaries as M3, but higher chance of anoints.

No I mean is a level 57 anointed gun from M4 better than a 57 anointed gun from M1?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Katt posted:

No I mean is a level 57 anointed gun from M4 better than a 57 anointed gun from M1?

No. That might change in the future, though.

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst

Katt posted:

Does the middle mod reduce damage taken or reduce my ability to reduce damage taken? :v:

Can these things have negative stats?

Reduce damage taken.

Digital Osmosis posted:

Edit: What's a good anointment for Zane, btw? On Amara I was one of those assholes who constantly missed with Phasegrasp for extra elemental damage, but with Zane I usually have my clone and drone out for the duration of the fight so the "X on action skill end" stuff seems to get less mileage. The best weapon anointment so far seems to me "100% extra cryo damage while the drone is out" or maybe "130% extra damage after swapping with the clone" but I'm not sure what shield and grenade anointments to be looking for.

Best Weapon anointment is Cyro damage by far, since it's multiplicative rather than additive like all the others.
Best Grenade anointment is the +25% damage to all, even a purple is better than most legends if it got this anointment.
Best Shield anointment doesn't really matter since they're not that good anyway, but the better one would probably be the drone's speed one.

forhorglingrads posted:

Yes, it is better than pretty much all other non-DLC 2 weapons. I've got 1 at level 46 that carries me all the way to level 57. People hate nerfs though, so they try not talking about it too much.

In other news, Zane's Barrier is crazy good. I've been banging my head againt Takedown's final boss for many many times now, dying most of the time to the goddamn death tracking lasers of all things. Then I change the Drone -> 0-point Barrier, and boom. I pretty much can facetank everything that Wotan throws at me. That's crazy. Any other Vault Hunters with this much survivability?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I gave Eista a flower before a fight and it gave him fire powers. He then asked for a mushroom for the next fight and I expected him to grow bigger but was so disappointed that he just got a shield and some ice power instead.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1245403576198926339

Just about what you'd expect honestly.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

forhorglingrads posted:

I'm currently running with Zane who has a digiclone with a copy of The Lob and it's a beautiful sight just watching the chaos unfurl whenever I deploy him. Entire roomfuls of enemies get decimated in seconds.

Floppychop posted:

Sexual preference is not a personality trait.
I'll take any loving depiction of bisexual men in the media that isn't villainous/lovely.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Wow BL3 cost a lot of money to make

"before Gearbox could receive any royalties from publisher 2K, Borderlands 3 would have to recoup not just the game’s entire budget (around $95 million) but also the budget for all of the downloadable content (for a sum closer to $140 million)"

probably why randy at PAX sounded like inside he regretted the no-MTX promise

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Why does explosive damage ignore my shield and go straight for HP damage?

Rinkles posted:

"before Gearbox could receive any royalties from publisher 2K, Borderlands 3 would have to recoup not just the game’s entire budget (around $95 million) but also the budget for all of the downloadable content (for a sum closer to $140 million)"

Yeah I'm sure Randy had no trouble keeping those profits down.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rinkles posted:

probably why randy at PAX sounded like inside he regretted the no-MTX promise

If Borderlands 4 gets made, and that's a big If with Gearbox's current state, I expect it to have a full cash store with microtransactions.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Borderlands 4, the game is a demo but you must MTX to acquire quests

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh, neat. Jim Sterling's next video.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Anyone experienced a weird bug where Fl4k's pets are tiny? Is it actually a bug or am I doing something I shouldn't be doing?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Anyone experienced a weird bug where Fl4k's pets are tiny? Is it actually a bug or am I doing something I shouldn't be doing?

Bug with the calendar. Confirm that you have the right date set.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Tiny pets/mech could be an april fools day thing.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Bumper Stickup posted:

Tiny pets/mech could be an april fools day thing.

Yeah now that I see a post about Fl4K's pets.

Can we get an operative to check on digi-clone or SNTNL?

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst

Morter posted:

Yeah now that I see a post about Fl4K's pets.

Can we get an operative to check on digi-clone or SNTNL?

They look the same.

Edit: NVM, after I restarted the game, they got tiny now. RIP can't even see my clone.

srulz fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 1, 2020

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Internet Explorer posted:

gee I wonder why

in a game from Randy loving Pitchford

Read->comprehend->post

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Katt posted:

I gave Eista a flower before a fight and it gave him fire powers. He then asked for a mushroom for the next fight and I expected him to grow bigger but was so disappointed that he just got a shield and some ice power instead.

Can't believe it took them 2 DLC's and 3 quests deep into a chain of sidequests but they finally added a raid boss to BL3 :allears:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Maybe I shouldn't complain, but it is kinda low effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I mean it might just be a reference, since when he killed me he lost "the invincible" off of his name was just Eista again. But it's the closest thing we have other than Wotan i guess