Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I know I don't want to know, but who's Andy Ngo? And what the gently caress is a kill-list and that website?

A 'journalist'. He basically records antifa protests and paints them as violent as possible, while making the neo nazis look as sweet and affable as possible.
He has provided names of antifa protestors and those people have *somehow* magically ended up on the kill list of a white supremacy group, Atomwaffel. He has been socked in the face, and been milk shaked, both which led to performative 'So much for the tolerant left' shitshows, and people believe that since he's an asian man he can't *possibly* be on the side of the Neo Nazis so clearly there's gotta be something to the claims that the antifa are the real fascists.

Occam's razor suggests he's a grifter, as he'd have to be an idiot to believe that the instant the nazis gain power, his non-white rear end is at best, deported, at worse, in the ground, but doesn't believe that they will ever gain power and thus is fine just existing on the periphery, making money off falsifying claims of assault and possibly getting money for every antifa protestor named.

But occams razor cuts deep, and it's entirely possible he believes by being useful enough he'll manage to avoid the purges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

E-Tank posted:

A 'journalist'. He basically records antifa protests and paints them as violent as possible, while making the neo nazis look as sweet and affable as possible.
He has provided names of antifa protestors and those people have *somehow* magically ended up on the kill list of a white supremacy group, Atomwaffel. He has been socked in the face, and been milk shaked, both which led to performative 'So much for the tolerant left' shitshows, and people believe that since he's an asian man he can't *possibly* be on the side of the Neo Nazis so clearly there's gotta be something to the claims that the antifa are the real fascists.

Occam's razor suggests he's a grifter, as he'd have to be an idiot to believe that the instant the nazis gain power, his non-white rear end is at best, deported, at worse, in the ground, but doesn't believe that they will ever gain power and thus is fine just existing on the periphery, making money off falsifying claims of assault and possibly getting money for every antifa protestor named.

But occams razor cuts deep, and it's entirely possible he believes by being useful enough he'll manage to avoid the purges.

He's also a disingenuous poo poo who hides behind the idea of being a journalist as a shield and puts his nazi rear end in harm's way deliberately to try to generate stories about Antifa attacking journalists, ie him. That worked once, so he's been doing it over and over ever since.

He's the source of a lot of video edits that remove the context of "oh yeah he was smashing in the windows of a synagogue and throwing rocks at black kids and saying white women should be breeding sows for the glorious white man and then" from videos showing "antifa rocked up and kicked this dude"

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ugh this loving world.

Thank you. It's important to stay informed.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Year 2070 - The Last of Generation Coronavirus

Thousands of people have died you jackass.

This is a new low even for Ted Rall.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Funny. Thats how I feel about your lovely comic Stantis.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Year 2070 - The Last of Generation Coronavirus

In Rallstopia today's teens will die before turning 70.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Shazback posted:

In Rallstopia today's teens will die before turning 70.

Understandable, the alternative is living in Rallstopia

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
your choices are Rallstopia and Dilbertburg

you tell me checking out early doesn't sound good

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

it is so weird how focused he is on this when the primary entered a weird hiatus like two weeks ago.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

it is so weird how focused he is on this when the primary entered a weird hiatus like two weeks ago.

New drunk duck is actually two weeks ahead of time. He's from the future.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Nonsense, this is an election year!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Jedit posted:

I am extremely disappointed that Kelly went with the same Gambler reference as the regular cartoonists, and not a comment on what condition Kenny Rogers' condition was in.

Well, he also referenced “Islands in the Stream,” so that gets points.

Shugojin posted:

Nonsense, this is an election year!

What do you mean? I thought it was pretty clear, if inane.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Jurgan posted:

What do you mean? I thought it was pretty clear, if inane.

If you're not familiar with the soundtrack to a flopped Scorsese film from half a century ago then it's a little impenetrable.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

NRVNQSR posted:

If you're not familiar with the soundtrack to a flopped Scorsese film from half a century ago then it's a little impenetrable.

Well, maybe I missed it then, because I just took it as "he's singing 'New York, New York' because that's where the virus is."

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

drat, Allie made a good cartoon.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

NRVNQSR posted:

The film may have been a flop, but that song was a big hit for Sinatra and is kind of a theme for NYC now.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Need a Lucky Ducky with Hollingsworth bitching about being cooped up in his well-stocked, amenity filled mansion while praising his stoic sacrifice in crisis only to see Lucky Ducky out palling around with friends.

"Lucky Ducky, how come you can walk around outside?"
"Cause I got nothing to live for."
"LUCKY DUCKY!"

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Not to be crass, because I want her to stay alive just like anyone else, but honestly the Democrats would just pull the same play that the Republicans did with Merrick Garland. Now that, that Pandora's Box is open that's just what life is going to be like.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Not to be crass, because I want her to stay alive just like anyone else, but honestly the Democrats would just pull the same play that the Republicans did with Merrick Garland. Now that, that Pandora's Box is open that's just what life is going to be like.

Democrats aren't in the majority.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

And even if they were, they would absolutely rubber stamp whatever Heritage Foundation ghoul Trump rustles up, even if she dies on January 19, because of They Go Low We Go High bullshit.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

NRVNQSR posted:

What film is this?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Michael Gove and the goats of Llandudno - Taking advantage of the deserted streets because of the coronavirus lockdown, a posse of Great Orme goats has moved into town and is running riot"

Telegraph:

After Munch.

Matt:

Independent:

Boris Johnson to warn UK: tougher lockdown may be necessary

Times:

Joe Wicks to donate profits from YouTube PE sessions to NHS

Evening Standard:

NHS developing app to trace close contacts of coronavirus carriers

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... coronavirus rescue flights

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Need a Lucky Ducky with Hollingsworth bitching about being cooped up in his well-stocked, amenity filled mansion while praising his stoic sacrifice in crisis only to see Lucky Ducky out palling around with friends.

"LUCKY DUCKY!"

I could absolutely see there being a comic where LD points out that his job is deemed essential, and that's somehow where the Gotcha comes in.

Lol at the Hitler wallscroll in Tucker's house.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

the_steve posted:

I could absolutely see there being a comic where LD points out that his job is deemed essential, and that's somehow where the Gotcha comes in.

I'm on quarantine because I had symptoms, but my job is essential, and Tuesday I'll be back to work. It's gonna feel real weird.

On the plus side, my grocery store is unionized, and the union leaned real hard on corporate and got everyone a $2 raise bringing us up to just under $15, ahead of the scheduled provincial minimum wage raise. Hard to justify that we're all disposable and unimportant peons now, huh?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

"LUCKY DUCKY!"

Or his fast food job with no sick leave was deemed "essential," so he has to go in despite being sick with corona-like symptoms.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Jurgan posted:

Or his fast food job with no sick leave was deemed "essential," so he has to go in despite being sick with corona-like symptoms.

Now Lucky Duck got a free* intubation! Lucky Duck!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
He gets to play outside, and socialize while celebrated as a hero for manual labor while no one appreciates all the sacrifices I'm making! And what's worse government interference made the ventilator I just bought more expensive!

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Stultus Maximus posted:

Democrats aren't in the majority.

Even if they were, they'd fold in about 3 seconds.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

gently caress, even Garland was hand picked as an olive branch to senate republicans.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

I thought Alcindor was holding the mirror towards herself at first, it's like the weather vane of mirrors.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

The government passed a bunch of tax cuts last year claiming the economy over the next few years was going so great we could afford it, the next phases for the more rich to come in effect this and next year. Come the virus and the lockdown, they are still going to implement the tax cuts - "they will be a key part of our economic recovery".

Leak, Son of Leak:

Zanetti:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

the_steve posted:

Getting hazard pay for working the middle of a pandemic and and a stimulus check in three weeks is a pretty good LD "Gotcha." Bonus points if it includes him bragging that today it's his turn to wear the one mask they have. :luckyducky:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Thousands of people have died you jackass.

This is a new low even for Ted Rall.

Yeah, about that.

Todd Rool posted:

Am I a victim of the COVID-19 pandemic? Legally, maybe.

Reversing direction unexpectedly, the California Supreme Court has decided NOT to hear my defamation and wrongful termination lawsuit against the Los Angeles Times, billionaire publisher Austin Beutner, and parent company Tribune Publishing, which at the time of my firing was owned in large part by the Los Angeles Police Department pension fund.

Adding to the confusion, the Court decertified the Court of Appeals ruling against me. This means that, while I will soon be ordered to pay close to $1 million to the LA Times for their legal bills defending themselves from lying about me in two articles, I can take comfort in the fact that Rall v. LA Times will not be used to screw over other journalists under California’s anti-SLAPP statute. My case cannot be used as a precedent. It’s sort of like Bush v. Gore.

You are welcome, California journalists. You are safe.

Why did the court make the decision they made? There’s no way to tell. They issued a pair of trite phrases: “Petition for review denied; CA opinion decertified.” After five years and thousands of pages of opinions and blood and sweat and tears, that’s all she wrote.

It is possible that, as a friend of mine speculated this evening, the court didn’t want to sanction a disruptive decision against a major newspaper at a time when dozens of newspapers are going out of business every day.

What is interesting is the timing.

A few weeks ago, the California Supreme Court signaled to my attorneys that it planned to kick my case down the road for at least several months due to the COVID-19 epidemic and the closure of California courts.

Then, yesterday, the current owner of the LA Times, biotech billionaire Dr. Pat Soon-Shiong, made headlines by announcing his intention to buy a closed Los Angeles hospital for the purpose of treating coronavirus patients. $135 million dollars buys a lot of good will at a time like this.

The very next day, my case went away. Coincidence? Perhaps. Perhaps not. Who knows?

My attorneys and I are exploring next steps. I will keep you posted.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

.Edward Penischin posted:

Yeah, about that.

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

How is it a wrongful termination? He was never employed by LA Times. They licensed some of his cartoons, then said they wouldn't do so in the future. I don't know what employment laws in California look like, but I can't imagine it would cover that.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wanna holler at Tad on twitter about this so much but he finally wised up and blocked me years ago. Jesus gently caress.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
How much was Rall suing for if he thinks they paid $135 million to make it go away?