Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

The Bee posted:

I forget, was season 1 or 2 of Xros Wars the good one? Trying to figure out where it fits on the odd season good, even season bad trend.

Base Xros Wars is basic, but very interesting. Seven Generals is more structured, but I feel it did lose some of the elements I dug about base Xros Wars (The various competing armies) Time Hunters, which is basically the 02 to Xros Wars' Adventure, is SO BAD. IT'S SO AWFUL, and the fact that it continues on the episodic numbering is horrid because 7 Generals ENDS and it ENDS as ENDING as you can loving GET for a show about Digimon Fusing with the literal entire digital world, fusing into Shoutmon as he declares himself King and faces Bagramon. Anything beyond that is dicking around and everyone knows it is.

It's a season in which nothing happens, followed by them teasing the hypest poo poo, only for nothing to come of it.

Hey, Music's alright though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Only good thing about Young Hunters is that it gave us some new Digimon(which is always welcome) and that it gave some obscure ones some focus

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

My opinion about Hunters is that it’s pure junk food. It exists to be filler and it is. I can’t muster positive or negative opinions about it, unlike XW proper which failed to live up to its potential, squandered the characters who were written well, and ruined a large number of the ones I actually liked. Plus it has the most boring villain in the franchise in the form of Bagramon. At least Quartzmon does the mildly interesting thing of using partnership as a Trojan horse. All Bagramon does as a bad guy is sit in his drat chair as more interesting characters do the heavy lifting.

But Nene is shafted, Kiriha is too inconsistent depending on whether Sanjo or Yonemura is writing him, DarkKnightmon should have been the final boss, and Akari and Zenjirou should have stayed around. In contrast, Hunters just faffs around a lot and is mostly pointless.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm playing Cyber Sleuth and it rules so far

I feel like I've done a lot of breeding already and it seems wild how fast the farm can level up your guys, though

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'm playing Cyber Sleuth and it rules so far

I feel like I've done a lot of breeding already and it seems wild how fast the farm can level up your guys, though

I've said it before but I'll say it again: getting experience in Cyber Sleuth is extremely easy. It is only a grindy game for the post-game, even the ABI system really isn't enough to stop you at any time with how stupidly fast you can level up.

Being a Digimon game that actually isn't horribly grindy is one of the reasons why Cyber Sleuth is an actual Good Game unlike nearly the entirety of the series.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I keep saying that Cyber Sleuth would be a excellent basis for a new Digimon anime. It just needs some characterization for the Digimon themselves and maybe a slight toning down on the fanservice designs for the human characters.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Geostomp posted:

slight toning down on the fanservice
Don’t hold your breath on that part.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

are the fanservice characters in hacker's memory? cause i haven't seen many questionable character designs in the first game

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
With Kyoko it was like, well that’s weird but whatever. Rie pushes it but she hardly shows up and then turns into Crusadermon, but Eater Eve is downright gross

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

are the fanservice characters in hacker's memory? cause i haven't seen many questionable character designs in the first game

update: i got to rina and i can no longer claim the above

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Some really neat stuff from Digimon in preparation for the new gigantic shameless nostalgia grab anime.

https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/1244529623704182785
https://twitter.com/chi_Hiroooo/status/1244459992234594305
https://twitter.com/digimonweb_net/status/1244556292078755840

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
I gotta say, I already didn't really care for the the reboot digivice's design and the picture comparing it to all the others does not help. I'm not sure what it is. Overly simplistic, maybe? It looks like the original one and the tamers one had a fat baby together. It looks like it would be awkward to hold.

The only one I think it looks better than is the Appmon one and that is a low bar.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 31, 2020

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
In universe I think it looks great. It's meant to be the same size as the Adventure one.

One thing I loved about the Adventure Digivice is, in the show at least, it looked less like a toy and more like an actual piece of tech. Some strange device that wasn't a glorified tamagachi. (It helped that it reminded me of the original Morpher from MMPR/Zyuranger, with how you held it)

This one is that same design just streamlined further. It looks even less like a toy. Weird as that may sound, I've always prefered designs that didn't look super toyetic.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm not sure if this is because of April Fools or it's genuine but we got a Medabots/Digimon crossover, where the weirdest thing is that Medabots is apparently still alive!

Medabots gets their own version of Omegamon, "Omega Knights":
https://twitter.com/medarotsha/status/1245153908177219592

Meanwhile, Digimon gets an Omegamon version of Metabee and Rokusho, Omedamon:
https://twitter.com/digimonweb_net/status/1245153964556861442

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
God, I hope that's real.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Return of 2002.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

PMush Perfect posted:

God, I hope that's real.

At the very least, Omedamon has a Reference Book profile, which is something even some Digimon that have existed for years haven't gotten, so if it's a joke, they're taking it drat seriously.

Google Translate posted:

An unidentified holy mechanic Digimon who got lost in another dimension of the digital world. It was born from data of a certain game that became popular in another dimension at the end of the 20th century. Have the courage to confront any difficulties.
The super-metal "Cyprasium Digizoid" with a self-healing function using nanomachines can completely recover the damage received in the battle by the next battle. The back is equipped with a beam-shaped cloak reminiscent of an old cloth.
Its Special Moves are the weapon "Beatle Cannon" with its left arm that shoots enemies with a volley and the scissor sword with its right arm that splits any enemy.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm not sure if this is because of April Fools or it's genuine but we got a Medabots/Digimon crossover, where the weirdest thing is that Medabots is apparently still alive!

Medabots gets their own version of Omegamon, "Omega Knights":
https://twitter.com/medarotsha/status/1245153908177219592

Meanwhile, Digimon gets an Omegamon version of Metabee and Rokusho, Omedamon:
https://twitter.com/digimonweb_net/status/1245153964556861442

Sadly both tweets have April Fool’s as a hashtag.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Medabots is cool, there should be a Medabots reboot instead of an Adventure reboot imo.

Anyway, I think i'm hitting endgame in Cyber Sleuth and it'd been a fun ride but man, Fei really does just completely disappear after the big mid-season finale huh. She's a big part of Nokia's arc, your main ally for the final boss of the 1st arc and she's really cool but she hasn't shown up at all after that and it's very lame!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQupcichRJQ

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Sleeping Sigma posted:

I gotta say, I already didn't really care for the the reboot digivice's design and the picture comparing it to all the others does not help. I'm not sure what it is. Overly simplistic, maybe? It looks like the original one and the tamers one had a fat baby together. It looks like it would be awkward to hold.

The only one I think it looks better than is the Appmon one and that is a low bar.

It needs a wrist strap.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Medabots is cool, there should be a Medabots reboot instead of an Adventure reboot imo.

Anyway, I think i'm hitting endgame in Cyber Sleuth and it'd been a fun ride but man, Fei really does just completely disappear after the big mid-season finale huh. She's a big part of Nokia's arc, your main ally for the final boss of the 1st arc and she's really cool but she hasn't shown up at all after that and it's very lame!

She also kinda popped into the story outta nowhere, which is fitting. I do miss her though.
I’ve taken a break from the story to see if there’s anything good for clearing Mirei’s bad hacker list, but I appreciate just how many twists the plot takes. Never would’ve expected Arata to become half-Eater and then absorb Gallantmon, or that we’d team up with the School Shooter Energy Suedou.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Yeah, and the official profile will be deleted from the site. Honestly, it's a waste, it's the most original Omegamon we've ever had and a nice throwback to our childhoods.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

That's so dumb, like congrats, you punked the niche of people who like digimon and remember medabots, great. I bet most people looked at that post and wondered who the heck any of them were.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mandatory lesbian posted:

That's so dumb, like congrats, you punked the niche of people who like digimon and remember medabots, great. I bet most people looked at that post and wondered who the heck any of them were.

Digimon's fandom is so overwhelmingly adults that it has several products specifically for us (Tri, Last Evolution, the Habu games) and Medabots is a dead franchise outside of Japan, where I'm not even sure if it's still popular. I would not be surprised if there was significant overlap between both fanbases.

It's still dumb to waste such good designs though!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'd go with a darker body on Omedamon to distinguish from the Rokusho arm, but beyond that it's really good. Gotta love those April's Fools of things we actually want, huh.

I think Medabots could come back, their last few entries were Medabots 9, Medabots Girl Mission (where girls have medabots and dealing damage to medabots means the girls' clothes get torn) and Medabots Classics a collection of the first 5 games. This was all from 2015 to 2017. So sometime in 2021 or 2022 sounds ideal for a large scale relaunch.

Though mainly I want official subbed release. Last year I started watching some fansubs before they got pulled from youtube, and there's a lot of charm in the original. Namely the music and the sarcastic narrator that had a sick burn every time the screen got a bit darker. Like Metabee tells Ikki that he didn't ask to be born, then the dad just quietly sips his coffee and the narrator goes "ah yes, the sentence every father fears"

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

So the digivice is apparently a premium bandai item and is gonna run about 8800 yen. With this shot of Tai, I can definitely see what Burk was saying about how the device looks in show. That previous picture must have shot it at a weird angle, because it looks less awkward to me now.

Link for those interested: https://p-bandai.jp/b-toys-shop/special-1000011503/

I'm honestly surprised that there doesn't seem like there will be a version for kids to get in stores.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm imagining everyone's Digivice being shaped to fit into their crests and Joe brandishing a cross to evolve Gomamon is a pretty good mental image.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

so after about a week without computer access(laptop charger died, wasn't able to get a replacement until today), I'm finally back with the next of my Sprite V-Pet style charts, this time for Tsunomon;

had to get a bit creative with some of these guys, overall I think it works though

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Treating MadLeomon like an Adult, huh? Not what I'd do but nice work.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

There's a couple reasons I consider him an Adult stage(the biggest one being that he gets revived as a regular Leomon towards the end of Death Generals)

Also it's a shame at how few new sprites Super Xros Wars adds(must have had either a really short development time and/or a small budget), would have been nice if MadLeomon Armed Mode had been included(and I've mentioned before how annoying it is that neither CyberDramon XW or DeckerDramon or their respective DigiXroses with MetalGreymon are included)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nodosaur posted:

Digimon Crusader has it as an Adult so it isn't a random choice. Collectors has it as a Perfect though, and its Reference Book profile obviously has it with No Level so who knows.

Also since it's April 3rd it's yet another anniversary of Wada Kouji's death and Digimon accounts have of course put up their own tributes to him.

https://twitter.com/Digi_Channel/status/1245894354880704513
https://twitter.com/volcano_ota/status/1245864917401358337
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1245727690977447945

May he rest in peace. Watching Adventure: soon without him in the opening will feel a bit wrong.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I liked the Adventure songs we got in the dub, but man, I would trade the world for a version of Adventure that had the dub stay as it is but keep Butterfly and Brave Heart, they're such good songs.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Junpei posted:

I liked the Adventure songs we got in the dub, but man, I would trade the world for a version of Adventure that had the dub stay as it is but the Digivolution theme always continues into the full Digirap.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Junpei posted:

I liked the Adventure songs we got in the dub, but man, I would trade the world for a version of Adventure that had the dub stay as it is but keep Butterfly and Brave Heart, they're such good songs.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Digimon Crusader has it as an Adult so it isn't a random choice. Collectors has it as a Perfect though, and its Reference Book profile obviously has it with No Level so who knows.

Also since it's April 3rd it's yet another anniversary of Wada Kouji's death and Digimon accounts have of course put up their own tributes to him.

https://twitter.com/Digi_Channel/status/1245894354880704513
https://twitter.com/volcano_ota/status/1245864917401358337
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1245727690977447945

May he rest in peace. Watching Adventure: soon without him in the opening will feel a bit wrong.

Pretty much 4 years ago tomorrow I was all but dying myself of the flu and was put in a medically induced coma for two weeks, and basically the first thing I learned after coming to and being able to browse the internet on my phone in the ICU was that Wada Kouji had died. So that one’s stuck with me way more than probably would have otherwise.

Oh and the immediately after that I learned that Prince had also died. So, you know.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Crunchyroll's going to be simulcasting the new anime.

https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/1246131699718578176

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

MadLeomon as an Adult makes sense, but I have to admit, using it as Leomon's SkullGreymon with Armed Mode as the Ultimate has some nice symmetry to it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Emong posted:

Crunchyroll's going to be simulcasting the new anime.

https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/1246131699718578176

Still no word on a dub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

You won't hear word about a dub for a while.