Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh man I wanna read that Hogan/Giant and Dillon story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

DJExile posted:

oh man I wanna read that Hogan/Giant and Dillon story

Vince missed the boat with a Tommy Rich vs Million Dollar Man feud.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Vince missed the boat with a Tommy Rich vs Million Dollar Man feud.
That would have been a few years before Ted became the Million Dollar Man, but it does remind me that it's a shame that the timelines also never lined up for a trios team of Tommy Young, Tommy Rich, and Tommy Dangerous.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Edge & Christian posted:

That would have been a few years before Ted became the Million Dollar Man, but it does remind me that it's a shame that the timelines also never lined up for a trios team of Tommy Young, Tommy Rich, and Tommy Dangerous.

Add Tommy Dreamer and you'd have a Tommy-themed version of The Four Horsemen

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

overmind2000 posted:

Then you book them as The Tommies against The Jimmyz.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
The Tommy Boys

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'm imagining a Tommies version of the Horsemen Vitamins commercial and it owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOGfBJ_3gDQ

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Mar 30, 2020

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

overmind2000 posted:

I was going more for a Kriss Kross theme but that works too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuQhFvbpMcs

It would be anachronistic and wildly inappropriate, but I guess you could do a Migos themed stable with the right third man too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJNSHRn4ZKQ

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Numero6 posted:

Then you book them as The Tommies against The Jimmyz.

Against the Jerryz, surely?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I always forget how ugly the NWA belt was(/is?) but the likes of Flair and Race still looked great holding it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I always forget how ugly the NWA belt was(/is?) but the likes of Flair and Race still looked great holding it.

It looked great on a CRT but the second you really looked at the details it's absolutely hideous.

sean_bateman
Feb 27, 2012

glug.gif
:discourse:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Hedgehog Pie posted:

It was a lot worse; it was originally on a red velvet strap. The story goes that it quickly became stained and discolored from sweat, so without bothering to tell the NWA, champion Jack Brisco paid out of his own pocket to have the belt re-leathered, creating the look that it's famous for.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The Big Gold Belt was an upgrade in every way, but WWE owns that design now, and the NWA is primarily driven by nostalgia, so they won't ever change it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The AEW title is very clearly inspired by the Big Gold Belt (at least in the sense of being A) quite large and B) quite gold.)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

THOSE WACKY BUSHWACKERS

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Photos of Rick Rude without a moustache should be illegal

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

What's the matter Sid, can't find your scissors?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Crush's master plan seems pretty solid.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Arn really wants to chew on Sid's chin.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hedgehog Pie posted:

*silence*

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I SAID, DID YOU FORGET YOUR SCISSORS???

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

There are so many old wrestler photos of guys with their fists up who look like they're thinking 'ok yay I got my dukes up, I'm ready to fight...just like every other wrestler who has gotten their picture taken in this era...sigh."

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm fascinated by the Kamala cover

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Randaconda posted:

I'm fascinated by the Kamala cover

It seems ripe for a "this thing gave me nightmares as a kid and I only just remembered it now" moment.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Maxwell Lord posted:

The AEW title is very clearly inspired by the Big Gold Belt (at least in the sense of being A) quite large and B) quite gold.)
The original TNA Heavyweight Championship did a better job of it, save for the awful company name.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The design of the AEW title is far better than that TNA nonsense but Big Gold will always be the best

I feel like the AEW championship took its design inspiration from japanese titles but I could be wrong

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Mr. Carlisle posted:

The design of the AEW title is far better than that TNA nonsense but Big Gold will always be the best
That's a replica under bad lighting. Here's Kurt with the actual stap.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

powerful class yearbook photo energy here

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah i like the tna belt better. the aew would be improved by not having AEW plastered across the front

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I feel like the AEW championship took its design inspiration from japanese titles but I could be wrong

It was inspired by the Mid-South North American title

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I was never a fan of the Big Gold Belt because I could never make out any of the detail unless it's a close-up picture like the ones posted above. Then again, I'm colorblind, so it may be easier for other people.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I was never a fan of the Big Gold Belt because I could never make out any of the detail unless it's a close-up picture like the ones posted above. Then again, I'm colorblind, so it may be easier for other people.

Wasn't really that much detail to look at in the Big Gold. The words "World Heavyweight Wrestling Champion", a small Earth, a small crown, a small pair of wrestlers grappling. The rest was just a whole lot of swirls.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The AEW World Title weighs 30 lbs FYI

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I remember this exact magazine on the newsstand. I’d read through as many of them as I could while my mom did the grocery shopping.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

we're ranking belts???

#1: iwgp current generation belt. tons of intricate little details, four layered which makes it very heavy but gives it a lot of visual depth (the problem with a lot of modern wrestling championships is they're usually only double layered at most which gives off a very flat and light on definition appearance) the nameplates of all the prior holders of it is such a cool touch that no other company seems to have replicated.

#2 wwf winged eagle because thats the one bret held

#3 aew belt, its big dumb and glitzy as hell. it seems mostly inspired by the wwe spinner to me.

#4 big gold belt aka the wrestling convention attender belt

#5 the ecw television championship belt that was used in the mid 90s. for reasons why see list option 2

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The TNA title is so worthless Sting once basically gave up in a match so AJ Styles could get a shot at it.

The AEW title is so valuable an elaborate conspiracy to steal it was hatched within hours of the first champion being crowned.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In fairness "get Jericho wasted" isn't that elaborate...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

The TNA title is so worthless Sting once basically gave up in a match so AJ Styles could get a shot at it.

The AEW title is so valuable an elaborate conspiracy to steal it was hatched within hours of the first champion being crowned.
The prestige of the title has nothing to do with its aesthetics.