Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

srulz posted:

Edit: NVM, after I restarted the game, they got tiny now. RIP can't even see my clone.

It makes getting into Iron Bear an experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Dawgstar posted:

It makes getting into Iron Bear an experience.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Dawgstar posted:

Oh, neat. Jim Sterling's next video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5K8BMNLpy0

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
New hotfix coming today. With two new events (the current ones are ending), big Moze changes, and some gear changes (Lob is no longer a 3-shot)

Slot Machine Mania pays out big time! There’s an increased chance to win Legendary gear from Slot Machines, and for grenades to spawn (because who doesn’t like a little risk?). There’s still a chance for other loot to drop, but the rate has been reduced so you can win Legendaries (and take damage)!

Trials Take-All boosts the rewards awarded during the Proving Ground Trials. Bosses will have a 100% chance to drop loot from their pools during the event.

ADJUSTMENTS FOR MOZE, THE GUNNER:
    We have been taking a closer at Moze the last few weeks. Here at the first set of hotfixes based on those investigations, primarily focused on improving her survivability. We will be further addressing some areas we identified as trouble spots for her in the future.

Reduced the cooldown time for Iron Bear
    Increased the amount of fuel for Iron Bear
    Increased the bonus on “Behind the Iron Curtain” skill
    Increased the bonus on “Security Bear” skill
    Increased the bonus on “Experimental Munitions” skill

WEAPON BALANCE
    Damned
    Increased weapon damage

Hyperion Weapon Shields
    Increased the amount of damage weapon shields absorb

The Lob
    Increased Fire Rate
    Reduced projectiles from 3 to 1

Tiggs Boom
    Increased weapon damage
    Increased damage from the Starfall meteors

Moonfire
    Increased weapon damage
    Increased Critical Damage Bonus

Good Juju
    Non-critical hits now increase Critical Damage Bonus by 20%. This bonus stacks 25 times and is removed upon manual reload.

shoulda picked up all those tiggs booms and moonfires when I was looking for a redistributor

Alo they fixed the Stone com to actually do what it's supposed to

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Good. Keep the Iron Bear buffs coming, Gearbox.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Rinkles posted:

New hotfix coming today. With two new events (the current ones are ending), big Moze changes,

ADJUSTMENTS FOR MOZE, THE GUNNER:
We have been taking a closer at Moze the last few weeks. Here at the first set of hotfixes based on those investigations, primarily focused on improving her survivability. We will be further addressing some areas we identified as trouble spots for her in the future.

"We'll fight in weather foul or fair, storms don't mean poo poo to Iron Bear. Through the mud and in the night, I've got my enemy in sight." :ussr:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Kaethela posted:

Good. Keep the Iron Bear buffs coming, Gearbox.

Iron Bear seems OP as hell to me but keep them coming I guess!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Katt posted:

Iron Bear seems OP as hell to me but keep them coming I guess!

He now absolutely is on a character's first playthrough

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Rinkles posted:

He now absolutely is on a character's first playthrough

I have a class mod that reduces fuel consumption by 50% and increases duration by the same. I get like 90% of my kills with Iron Bear. I might as well alt-tab between cooldowns for all the good it does to fight with Moze.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Blastmaster is a good out-of-IB class mod, and it also affects IB's splash weapons

you gotta not mind the constant explosions, though, to maximize it's potential

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Katt posted:

I have a class mod that reduces fuel consumption by 50% and increases duration by the same. I get like 90% of my kills with Iron Bear. I might as well alt-tab between cooldowns for all the good it does to fight with Moze.

Shh don't let them know! This is how I run poo poo. I'd say my kills are 40/60 between me and IB, but whenever a badass shows up I tend to drill their head with dual miniguns (fire and ice) and then pop out after the larger threats have been eliminated.

Morter fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 2, 2020

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Glad I recently started a new Moze then!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I got a bunch of rad new class mods from the event but I just can’t imagine doing anything without the Bloodletter-Transformer-Deathless trifecta :(

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Should I keep my eye out for purple guns while playing or does everyone just use the exact same carbon copy oranges?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

There is the occasional interesting anointed purple but mostly just oranges, I guess.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Should I keep my eye out for purple guns while playing or does everyone just use the exact same carbon copy oranges?

Anointments are a more important thing than the gun itself.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I'm trying to use an emote for one of the sidequests that requires it, but every time I hold down the Options button on my PS4 controller I just get some weird Playstation icon appear for a moment. It looks like a square with a camera icon. Does anyone know what's going on here and why i can't access the emotes?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Purple with a good anoint is often good enough, especially levelling up, and even at max level there are a few purples that don't have strictly better legend counterparts. Best example I think is the Atlas Q-system rifle, which fires 2 bullets for one ammo for very high output. I see a number of Zane streamers use it with SNTNL Cryo.

Also purple shields with multiple instances of vagabond on.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Listerine posted:

I'm trying to use an emote for one of the sidequests that requires it, but every time I hold down the Options button on my PS4 controller I just get some weird Playstation icon appear for a moment. It looks like a square with a camera icon. Does anyone know what's going on here and why i can't access the emotes?

Your controller is apparently treating the Options button as the Share button, and saving screenshots to your hard drive. Are the buttons remapped?

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Some purples are better than their legendary equivalent. The Q system is a good example.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I've been trying like hell to find an annointed Atlas Q-system and RNGesus has not graced me yet. I absolutely love that weapon archtype.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dyz posted:

Some purples are better than their legendary equivalent. The Q system is a good example.

The Carrier, legendary atlas AR, is great if you have a lot extra elements on it (anointments and similar stuff), because each instance creates a new projectile (Amara's probably best for this). I don't know that a regular Q system would be very good on M4.

A lot of the purple torgue launchers are pretty good. Moze can abuse the sticky mechanic with her free ammo skills/annoint. Flak likes multiprojectile weapons because of megavore, and the stagecoach (regular jakobs shotgun) can have a lot. Multi pellet Bangsticks (torgue shotgun) plus gorrilas in the mist is also a powerful combo.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Floppychop posted:

I've been trying like hell to find an annointed Atlas Q-system and RNGesus has not graced me yet. I absolutely love that weapon archtype.

Just go to the J-X terminal on Sanctuary, dude. You'll need a decent (but not huge) supply of eridium but you'll roll an anoint on a plain one fairly quickly in my experience. Usually isn't that hard to get what you're after fairly quickly if you farm bosses that drop eridium

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Mr Scumbag posted:

Just go to the J-X terminal on Sanctuary, dude. You'll need a decent (but not huge) supply of eridium but you'll roll an anoint on a plain one fairly quickly in my experience. Usually isn't that hard to get what you're after fairly quickly if you farm bosses that drop eridium

What the hell is a J-X terminal?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Doctor Zero posted:

What the hell is a J-X terminal?

It's in Ellie's dock area in a purple hallway with Crazy Earl at the end of it. You pay eridium and it sells annointed items.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Shiftypenguin posted:

It's in Ellie's dock area in a purple hallway with Crazy Earl at the end of it. You pay eridium and it sells annointed items.

Oh that. I didn't realize it had a name, I just think of it as the Crazy Earl machine. :shobon:

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
I take it getting to the new max level (haven't played since they upped level cap the first time actually) is a good move before going into love & tentacles?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Martout posted:

I take it getting to the new max level (haven't played since they upped level cap the first time actually) is a good move before going into love & tentacles?

You'll hit the cap just on the new main story. There's a couple of items that you can't farm so you'll want to be at 57 but those are on side quests I think. I believe the last part of the questline for Seventh Sight is gated behind the end of the main story.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

BizarroAzrael posted:

You'll hit the cap just on the new main story. There's a couple of items that you can't farm so you'll want to be at 57 but those are on side quests I think. I believe the last part of the questline for Seventh Sight is gated behind the end of the main story.

wait there's more main story stuff too?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Martout posted:

wait there's more main story stuff too?

I mean the DLC story.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Dumb newbie question: do the shields on Hyperion guns work all the time or only when you're aiming down sight?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Dumb newbie question: do the shields on Hyperion guns work all the time or only when you're aiming down sight?

Down sights only, I believe.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Yup, down sights. They actually buffed them yesterday because they break pretty quickly. Haven't tested it out yet.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Picked this up on sale and I'm largely enjoying it although I really miss the physx stuff from BL2 and that's a small quibble but drat, they really did Maya like that eh? :cripes:

At least this Jakobs dude is cool

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Capn Beeb posted:

Picked this up on sale and I'm largely enjoying it although I really miss the physx stuff from BL2 and that's a small quibble but drat, they really did Maya like that eh? :cripes:

At least this Jakobs dude is cool

You can tell they really regretted this with the DLC's, Timothy and Gaige get treated with a huge amount of respect.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

ShadowedFlames posted:

Your controller is apparently treating the Options button as the Share button, and saving screenshots to your hard drive. Are the buttons remapped?

I wasn't aware of consciously remapping the buttons- do you mean within bl3 itself, or is this a remap with the playstation console? I've always had to hit the Options button to save a screenshot or video, but this wasn't an issue before when I started playing Borderlands.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Listerine posted:

I wasn't aware of consciously remapping the buttons- do you mean within bl3 itself, or is this a remap with the playstation console? I've always had to hit the Options button to save a screenshot or video, but this wasn't an issue before when I started playing Borderlands.

What button do you use to quit? That should be the options button. Share is on the left, Options is on the right. Pretty sure you can't remap the share button.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Rinkles posted:

What button do you use to quit? That should be the options button. Share is on the left, Options is on the right. Pretty sure you can't remap the share button.

I'm sorry, I meant the Share button, kept writing Options for some reason. So my Share button is the one that's no longer bringing up emotes when I hold it down.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Listerine posted:

I'm sorry, I meant the Share button, kept writing Options for some reason. So my Share button is the one that's no longer bringing up emotes when I hold it down.

Yeah, you need to hold down Options for emotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Rinkles posted:

Yeah, you need to hold down Options for emotes.

Ahhhh ok I was using the wrong button from the jump, thanks.