Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

anilEhilated posted:

Is it? There are some unfamiliar minor characters but it showcases events that took place in the original.
Admittedly, it's been years since I played that game.

Another deadly spoiler. Future Sephiroth. I'm not saying this is bad or anything, now I want to play it more than ever, but purists might wince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The original game is still there. Someone who wants that same experience can just go play it again.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Watch Dogs 2 had fun gameplay, but I absolutely could not stand the characters in it. Exactly the type of vapid tech-bro, "disruptive" neo-punk dipshits you'd expect to be living in San Francisco, except it's the future, so their insufferable dipshittery has evolved to the next level.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Blattdorf posted:

Another deadly spoiler. Future Sephiroth. I'm not saying this is bad or anything, now I want to play it more than ever, but purists might wince.

Shirtless?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

More big spoilers. Apparently the black cloud stuff flying around in the trailer are timeline ghosts that stop a future version of Sephiroth from screwing up the original timeline. So it looks like the game will be going into uncharted territory. Multiple cutscenes have already been leaked.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
How many Raiden's do they have?

Can you guys send the FF7R spoilers to the spoiler thread? I am trying so hard not to accidentally mouse over the black bars.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The gently caress kinda selection is that?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm glad I cut out Humble Choice altogether.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
That's a pretty good selection. Hitman 2 is an obvious gimme, but Molek-Syntez and Opus Magnum are some of the best puzzle games around if you enjoy that whole SpaceChem style "make a molecule-crafting mechanism in the most efficient way possible" style of play. This Is The Police 2 is a pretty solid strategy/tactics heavy police simulator game. Driftlands is a pretty good light strategy game that reminds me a bit of Eador and Majesty.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there a way to hide a certain game from showing as me currently playing it on my friends list? I'm playing IdleWizard but would like to avoid having it show to my friends that I'm playing it nonstop because it's running in the background.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
The month of 2s. Hitman 2 doesn't deserve to be in that bundle and should be in better company.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

First person to quote this post will get a STEAM key for OPUS MAGUM via PM.

Thanks!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Capitalism 2 has joined Chess 2 in my personal list of funniest videogame names.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

D1E posted:

First person to quote this post will get a STEAM key for OPUS MAGUM via PM.

Thanks!

Yo

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

explosivo posted:

Is there a way to hide a certain game from showing as me currently playing it on my friends list? I'm playing IdleWizard but would like to avoid having it show to my friends that I'm playing it nonstop because it's running in the background.

You can set yourself as invisible in the chat window

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Gonna pause I guess. Did pausing remove my 20% store discount right away?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Sent!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

First person to quote this post get a free GRIS Steam Key.

Thanks!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Sininu posted:

Gonna pause I guess. Did pausing remove my 20% store discount right away?
It does, but you can wait to pause until literally the very last day and it'll make no difference to your billing. You can even make Humble send you a reminder email.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

D1E posted:

First person to quote this post get a free GRIS Steam Key.

Thanks!

Yes, please. It's the one of two games (excluding the ones I already have) I would be interested in from it.

Thanks!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Thank you!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Sininu posted:

Yes, please. It's the one of two games I would be interested in from it.

Sent!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Did Bard's Tale IV ever get fixed?
Also, any opinions on Driftland? It looks pretty cool...

e: Oh, and if anyone wants Hitman 2, hit me up by PM or Steam (same name as here). Taken.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 3, 2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

GRIS is one of the prettiest looking games I've ever played. Every screen is like a beautiful watercolor painting. And the soundtrack is so evocative too!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

Did Bard's Tale IV ever get fixed?
Also, any opinions on Driftland? It looks pretty cool...
Gameplay-wise, it basically plays a lot like Majesty used to. You do not have direct control over your units, you just set rewards and wait for them to get things done on your own. You basically get huge maps of floating islands that you can move around more or less at will and then slowly explore and colonize them with a progressively larger network of bridges. The islands will have different terrains and resources and occasionally there will be quest-like things and special items you can award to individual units. You get to build structures, have to manage income, can cast some fun spells, etc. You know the basic structure of games like that, I'm sure.

It's not a very deep game, but I thought it was pretty alright for what it is. I wouldn't recommend buying full price, but a collection like that? Not the worst deal you could make.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Cardiovorax posted:

It's not a very deep game, but I thought it was pretty alright for what it is. I wouldn't recommend buying full price, but a collection like that? Not the worst deal you could make.
I've got the subscription so it's just a matter of choices, I think I'll take my chances with that. Visually it reminds me of an old (as in, the nineties) strategy game that was set on floating islands as well, can't remember the name.
And I'm honestly perfectly fine with a Majesty-style kingdom builder.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Barudak went on a road trip to hell attempting to finish Bard's Tale IV so unless they completely reworked the game, it's probably not going to be very good but who knows.

Starts around here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3353352&userid=116079&perpage=40&pagenumber=19

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

extremely disappointed that Driftland is not about a world of fantasy street racing

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Samuringa posted:

Barudak went on a road trip to hell attempting to finish Bard's Tale IV so unless they completely reworked the game, it's probably not going to be very good but who knows.

Starts around here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3353352&userid=116079&perpage=40&pagenumber=19

Holy poo poo, InXile is even more incompetent than I thought. And that was a pretty high bar to clear, ive played Wasteland 2.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Aside from the obvious Hitman 2, molek-syntez and maybe Raiden IV are cool looking. If I didn't have a poo poo ton of games to play, I'd maybe consider the low tier of choice for those 3. :shrug: It's hard to be excited when Doom Eternal, Animal Crossing, FF7 and RE3 are out\coming out soon.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Tough sell if you already own Hitman 2, and you're really really bad at those Zachtronic puzzle games :smith:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dias posted:

Capitalism 2 has joined Chess 2 in my personal list of funniest videogame names.

Capitalism 2 loving kicks rear end. Do you love incredibly intricate business sims? This is your game!

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
In case someone has a key for a game called Tricky Towers - https://store.steampowered.com/app/437920/Tricky_Towers/ - could you please send me a DM? The payment processor used by Steam in my country is not working correctly and rejecting all transactions - I was hoping to get that game for my kid before the sale runs out, but it appears it has been in a bundle quite a few times so maybe someone has a spare key they can sell or exchange (I have quite a few from when I subscribed to Humble Bundle). Thanks!

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
Remember way back when Humble did away with the monthly mystery games because people hated not knowing what they were going to get?

quote:

Humble Choice - Bonus Game FAQ

We are happy to announce that the April 2020 Humble Choice will be including a bonus game! This game is not revealed on April 3rd with the other games in this month, but will be revealed after the month of April has concluded on May 1st.
Humble FAQ link here.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

That Conquer Covid-19 bundle offers a free month of Humble Choice for new subscribers. I don't know if that gets you 3 games or 9, but that might make the whole thing even sweeter.

Edit: It's a coupon for 9 games.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 3, 2020

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Lonjon posted:

Remember way back when Humble did away with the monthly mystery games because people hated not knowing what they were going to get?

Humble FAQ link here.

quote:

At this time, we only have plans to release a bonus game in April.
Looks like they are only testing it for one month.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Maybe I'm way off base here, but I have a feeling that surprise game is going to suck

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
Fear Of Missing Out must have been a bigger driver of sales than they originally thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Human beings, well-known for our tendency as a species to avoid spending money on hidden items that may in fact hold little to no value.