Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wuxi posted:

What do you mean everything returns to normal? Are the Karui shores not a thing anymore?

Sorry I should have been more specific. I never actually beat Sirus last league. I died against him and it spit me back to town (the town he just "destroyed").

That begs the question about the nature of resurrection and the waypoints. I suppose the waypoints allow you to travel through time? I mean Alva seems to do it easily enough :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Dance Officer posted:

My home internet connection is broken somehow since yesterday, so I can't really upload it, unfortunately.

Searching poe.ninja with EO, LL, storm brand archmage hiero should give you a rough idea of the build to follow.

Oh right, thanks for the reminder.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If there’s room in the guild, could I get an invite? Name’s JayRaul

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

George posted:

I’ve been following it and was worried about this. Have you got a non-crit LL tree to share?

If you find a good one please share. I'm dumb and bad at the game so was just following the one I found. I am more worried about the cost of the bare minimum level of equipment he uses to deal with chaos damage with no life, as I'm not rich by any stretch and will probably have to go back to my cyclone guy to farm for a long time in order to be able to afford to carry this build forward at some point.

I'm currently leveling with EO, which is specifically mentioned in his video, but he never really says when he specs out of it.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Shopping haul so far:

Headhunter (135ex)
2 x Inspired Learning (~500c each)
2 x Cospri's Malice (3ex each)
6 linked Astral Plate with 3 white/3 green sockets, +crit on attacks, enemies explode and life (35ex)
Temp Chains enchanted life/int/resists helmet (7ex)
Assorted jewels/jewellery

66ex still left over, looking to fill out my tree with curse effect jewels so might pick up a 5 passives Voices to accomodate them.

Amazing what one little lucky jewel drop can get you :)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Rutibex posted:

Sorry I should have been more specific. I never actually beat Sirus last league. I died against him and it spit me back to town (the town he just "destroyed").

Well spoiler alert then: Oriath gets hosed.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

whypick1 posted:

Well spoiler alert then: Oriath gets hosed.

Or does it?!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Dance Officer posted:

That build looks weak, tbh. Building Archmage storm brand for crit is an inefficient use of points, and I doubt he has enough crit nodes to beat EO by much.

I was running this as EO until like late 80's before switching to crit and it's definitely stronger. You get all the crit nodes you'd generally expect from a spellcaster. By not going crit though you'd probably be able to get an extra 1k es so that might be a fine trade-off. I just felt like the dps was starting to drop off.

George
Nov 27, 2004

I keep hearing that it does so much damage you don’t need the crit but I’m not there yet so it’s all just goon talk.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
It doesn't need crit, aye. 5m shaper dps per brand is well within reach on EO, and can reasonably be pushed beyond 6.5m.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

The Locator posted:

If you find a good one please share. I'm dumb and bad at the game so was just following the one I found. I am more worried about the cost of the bare minimum level of equipment he uses to deal with chaos damage with no life, as I'm not rich by any stretch and will probably have to go back to my cyclone guy to farm for a long time in order to be able to afford to carry this build forward at some point.

I'm currently leveling with EO, which is specifically mentioned in his video, but he never really says when he specs out of it.

I put the gear on right at 68 and have never died from purely chaos damage. You just need the chest, some chaos res on the rares and a lot of mana, which you will definitely get from the gear. Altogether it cost me like 8ex

George posted:

I keep hearing that it does so much damage you don’t need the crit but I’m not there yet so it’s all just goon talk.

Depends on what you want to use as a baseline. With EO you'll clear through t16s just fine, but when you get to a juiced up metamorph on an EE map you'll feel like you want more damage. Same with like simulacrum, delirium maps, etcs. I don't think EO is a wrong choice but it's definitely not more damage

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Dance Officer posted:

That build looks weak, tbh. Building Archmage storm brand for crit is an inefficient use of points, and I doubt he has enough crit nodes to beat EO by much.

I'll go ahead and post my account (character Locke_BrandNewIdea) to get laughed at but it's a LL crit archmage assassin that uses sap/shock/chill/freeze. I put it together more or less myself so it isn't optimal, but I do like ~3.5-5 million or so Shaper dps, depending on how shocks actually apply to the big bosses. PoB says I should shock anything with less than like 700 million ailment defense and I have 80%-120% shock effect (can't remember if PoB calculated the Eye of the Storm shock bonus from crit in there) but I have slowed down a ton in grinding mid red maps, but I did hop into a goon's t16 elder guardian map and soloed it with only two deaths, which isn't bad due to my laptop being mediocre at best and struggles in fights at min settings and sound disabled in the config file.

EDIT: Here's the PoB. It looks like it isn't counting my 2x Eye of the Storm for 40% inc shock effect on crit for a total of +120% shock effectiveness on Shaper if he's in my chilling ground from Frostblink (which should pretty much always be yes since it's up every 2s). The wiki says Shaper has 74 million health, is that updated from the big health buffs recently? If that's the current health total, and Shaper level bosses have ailment resistance equal to half their health, then I should be able to max Overshock them on my first hit for 60% shock effect, unless there's some additional ailment reduction I'm missing. I guess Shaper and such have damage resistance at the start of phase now, but I hope they didn't code it to also reduce non-damaging ailment effect to the same degree because that very specifically fucks over Assassin's "Ambush and Assassinate" node.

Locke Dunnegan fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 4, 2020

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Holey moley, whats with all the sub 4k ehp builds lately. You guys do realize that, contrary to recent posts, dying doesn't actually make you faster?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wuxi posted:

Holey moley, whats with all the sub 4k ehp builds lately. You guys do realize that, contrary to recent posts, dying doesn't actually make you faster?

Hey don't blame me! I've got 5k hp and multiple defensive layers and I still die from running into Deliriums. When I see that currency reward I just can't help myself :v:

1) Cast when Damage Taken + Convocation + Steelskin + Zombies + Heretical Guardians (for proximity shield) + Meatshield Support

2) Bone Offering + Blood Offering

3) Multiple defensive flasks

4) The Jinxed JuJu takes 10% of damage off the top and gives it to my specters

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

I dunno, I seem to be doing alright. Mistwalker is an insane ascendancy node, chill/freeze/sap with ailment effectiveness seems to neuter a ton of incoming damage, and I block a reasonable amount. It isn't pretty but it gets the job done.

Or maybe I'm better than you. :agesilaus:

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I had no trouble doing 20/20 wave on simil and have spanked every conq and guardian I have come across, but my ehp is more than 5k since fitting the ES supportimg Hiero node back in.

I got a Voices off it too, but only a 7 passive one worth 3 Ex. On its own that feels great, just not 250ex worth of upgrades great.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
It's really hard mentally adjusting to being in the big boy leagues and looking at prices in ex rather than chaos. I think this is the first league where 100c invested into a single slot wouldn't vastly improve my character. Quite the opposite in fact. I mean I guess my next 100c or so could upgrade my 10cish annoint.

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!

MMF Freeway posted:

I put the gear on right at 68 and have never died from purely chaos damage. You just need the chest, some chaos res on the rares and a lot of mana, which you will definitely get from the gear. Altogether it cost me like 8ex

Depends on what you want to use as a baseline. With EO you'll clear through t16s just fine, but when you get to a juiced up metamorph on an EE map you'll feel like you want more damage. Same with like simulacrum, delirium maps, etcs. I don't think EO is a wrong choice but it's definitely not more damage

EO is more damage if instead of getting crit nodes you stack cluster jewels, I'm at over 5mil per brand in my clear speed setup with chain and an explode mace, swapping to a damage wand and controlled destruction gets that up to around 9mil

I spent a lot of time trying to optimise this, and could never get a crit version to be as good

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Which cluster nodes are you stacking to get so much damage?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

The video I posted was of blowing up a T16 meta with big meta mods on a 90%+ map and I am an EO build. I am not using the strongest multiplier gems, either, because I don't like losing so much crit chance with little support for it on my build - still gotta crit at least once every 8 seconds or it hits the DPS. EO is really, really strong this league IMO, at least for storm brand heiros.

I would love to see your POB with 9 million per brand, that sounds ridiculous and I gotta know if you don't mind sharing :)

Agreed fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Apr 4, 2020

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!

MMF Freeway posted:

Which cluster nodes are you stacking to get so much damage?

brand loyalty is the important one, for the other i have 1 seeker runes and the rest holy conquest

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

I almost forgot that I'm using Lori's Lantern on my LL dude so that plus Mistwalker means I take no extra damage from crits, and all hits have unlucky damage against me, so that means damage spikes should be significantly more rare than a build with more life but without either of those bonuses. I've definitely noticed the difference with Lori's Lantern particularly against alpha strikes, since those enemies usually aren't sapped/chilled/frozen yet.

That said, I haven't done any of the endgame stuff this league yet, so maybe it'll hit a wall soon. I definitely know I can get massively better cluster jewels at least, and getting a couple -1% mana reserve corrupts will give me two more skill points to throw around, which will definitely make a difference.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Rutibex posted:

That begs the question about the nature of resurrection and the waypoints. I suppose the waypoints allow you to travel through time? I mean Alva seems to do it easily enough :shrug:

Canonically, you're a hardcore character. You don't die. When you die and "go back in time" it's game mechanics retconning so the game is more fun than realistic (lol).

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

pork never goes bad posted:

Canonically, you're a hardcore character. You don't die.

That's not what Delirium Guy is telling me. You are just part of the illusions :colbert:

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I'm trying bane for the first time. Also going ES for the first time. I wanted something tankier than my bladefall character I started as. Also wanted to take advantage of all the clusters I found. Its actually a really fast and safe playstyle. You get despair and two defensive curses. You can also cast Bane and Soulrend and just run off to wherever and it'll die eventually. Regular trash dies nearly instantly all the way to red maps. Boss damage is not super high though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7n1p1PJ8mM - T14 Map

Outside of the shavronne's I bought for 1.2ex. And lucky 6l'd. The rest of the stuff is stupid cheap. I do want to get more ES though. Need better belt and shoes and accessories.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Velveteen posted:

I'm trying bane for the first time. Also going ES for the first time. I wanted something tankier than my bladefall character I started as. Also wanted to take advantage of all the clusters I found. Its actually a really fast and safe playstyle. You get despair and two defensive curses. You can also cast Bane and Soulrend and just run off to wherever and it'll die eventually. Regular trash dies nearly instantly all the way to red maps. Boss damage is not super high though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7n1p1PJ8mM - T14 Map

Outside of the shavronne's I bought for 1.2ex. And lucky 6l'd. The rest of the stuff is stupid cheap. I do want to get more ES though. Need better belt and shoes and accessories.

Herald of Ash still works with Bane kills and will significantly increase your clear speed. Try to make room for it if you can.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Social Media posted:

Herald of Ash still works with Bane kills and will significantly increase your clear speed. Try to make room for it if you can.

Wait really? That's interesting. Its going to be a little tough to squeeze in a herald. I'll have to check.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Wuxi posted:

You are counting MoM in this right? Like my guy doesn't even have 4k life but he's got 59% damage as mana so he can live through a shaper slam

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Social Media posted:

Uh... what? Bane is a damage over time skill, how can it have overkill damage?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

McFrugal posted:

Uh... what? Bane is a damage over time skill, how can it have overkill damage?

If you have profane bloom or something else to make curses enemies explode like Gentle Touch Gloves, that creates a lot of overkill. But you're right that name alone wouldn't.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
What should I be doing with this FaceBreaker cycloner? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SloTek/characters?charactername=BluedayD

puravida
Jan 4, 2019
Is Brand Loyalty really superior to the other nodes for Archmage Heiro? Nodes like Holy Conquest seems the most useful?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

puravida posted:

Is Brand Loyalty really superior to the other nodes for Archmage Heiro? Nodes like Holy Conquest seems the most useful?

"Enemies take increased damage" is, unintuitively, a damage multiplier

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Specifically, it works like a more multiplier that doesn't multiply with itself, it stacks additively.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

McFrugal posted:

Specifically, it works like a more multiplier that doesn't multiply with itself, it stacks additively.

Yeah plus you've already got 20% increased taken from ascendancy most likely. Still a solid node, back of envelope says 8% and PoB says 6.7% for me (I think because I also have unnerved and 2x brand loyalty though that should be 7.1%- I guess it interacts weird with resists)

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 5, 2020

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
If you're going heavy on cluster jewels and want a two socket large the wrath effect one is .3*22 = ~6% more which is pretty good. Scintillating idea for the defence and prn. I have an ES small for leech otherwise doryanis whatever is good. If you're crit imagine overshocked is good, and even with the narrow range due to all that added flat from archmage and arcane cloak the lucky node is probably 10% more too.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
So I think I'm kinda nearing end game with the Inquis Storm Brand and I'm back to wondering where to go next:

https://pastebin.com/NSznreVY

I don't know if a respec into LL Hiero Brand would be worth it, but I'm not sure how to twink this more than it already is. It's not doing bad at all, I'm running rare T15s without too much issue (I still get the occasional death to Delirium spikes), but this is PoE so you can always min-max more. Crackling Speed looks like a good pickup DPS-wise for my next skill points.

Maybe I should just save currency and make another OP build.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Just respeccing into hiero should be a significant bump in damage.

George
Nov 27, 2004

MMF Freeway posted:

"Enemies take increased damage" is, unintuitively, a damage multiplier

It’s a separate increased multiplier, is all. We tend to describe it as a more multiplier because we’re used to it being a pretty uncommon mod, but now that it’s more widespread people should probably drop that habit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
After getting my arse handed to me by Sirus I might be done with this league. Anyone offer me any suggestions I can make to my build? I have about 4ex and I'm open to all suggestions. I want a ring with Assassins Mark On Hit but they're super expensive.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/drewmoney/characters?characterName=dreawe