Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Awesome, thanks for the advice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Cosmetics in the jungle cache are actually really nice. This gets me playing again.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
The only way I’ve successfully matchmaked for anything in this game ever was starting the mission and calling for backup.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Lazyhound posted:

The only way I’ve successfully matchmaked for anything in this game ever was starting the mission and calling for backup.

I use matchmaker daily.
I usually start with random mission at Challenging or Heroic and it finds me a random team within seconds.
Of course a small percentage of those are just pure shitfests born to fail with the one guy who died the most screaming that everyone here are the shittiest players he's ever seen.
But that goes with the randomness.

I used it today to get help to finish my bounties for the Manhunt. Which turned out pretty good.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

After losing two or three bounties, I don't think I'll try any more without calling in another player

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I don't think I've ever had trouble matchmaking, usually matches in seconds or a few minutes if there's nothing good targeted at the mission and it's an annoying one.

Sometimes it's a little slow if I'm up at like 4 am.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Inspector Hound posted:

After losing two or three bounties, I don't think I'll try any more without calling in another player

Bounties are definitely doable solo. Try a different strategy or load out.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah I’m solving heroic bounties with goofy load outs

(gently caress the three black tusk one where the one guy has the armor melting chem launcher tho lmao, had to meta up to nuke that bitch)

Nateron
Mar 9, 2009

What spit?
Matchmaking hasn’t been a problem for me and I’m on at various times during the day and night. Whenever I get a moment or two.

That being the case this game can still both be infuriating and surprisingly socially fun. I grouped with what I assumed were a bunch of Randy’s and did the DARPA mission. We ran the whole thing clean. Hardly any deaths, no real problems on challenging with a few “lower shd guys” who had just gotten outta NYC they said.

All good.

But that loving boss fight took us an hour and a half and only had one guy quit half way and another trooper show up and by god he stuck to it. It felt worse than Tidal ever did on Heroic. Every lovely mechanic, every grenade couldn’t miss, no armor was strong enough.

I don’t know why it took us as long as it did.

Well I do, we kept charging and playing the loving level how you used to play it. We had 3 DPS guys and only me with a Hard Wired CC skills equipped. The DPS guys didn’t get the hint early on and we just kept getting blasted and I found out that I was procing way to early to be of use.

Anyway it’s funny to think you’re king poo poo running Heroics and be humbled a level lower.

Also all that time spent, and no loot worth keeping.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Doing darpa and pentagon on heroic for the manhunt sure is fun.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

Bounties are definitely doable solo. Try a different strategy or load out.

Yeah I'm going to stop being so defeatist, I just got one with my turret before I really knew he was even on the field. The one that got me frustrated had me fighting through like nine waves of dudes before the bounty even came out

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Another shoutout to Zomby for being chill. Rocks up, hands me a Chatterbox, and helps me kill Kajika. Great goon!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Jusupov posted:

Doing darpa and pentagon on heroic for the manhunt sure is fun.

I just did them on Challenging with a couple of randos that was enough of a butt kicker. The boss with the mortars can shove it.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Wamdoodle posted:

I just did them on Challenging with a couple of randos that was enough of a butt kicker. The boss with the mortars can shove it.

I duo'd darpa and on the boss the other guy went down with only the boss left and I had zero medkits. Was a pretty sketchy win

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I just rage uninstalled the game after trying Darpa on challeging solo, if the mission wasn't so long I might have changed spec and tried it again, but gently caress going through that whole slog again just to find out if I can do that final encounter.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

DARPA and Pentagon are bugged and don’t currently have checkpoints before the final boss which is kind of a big problem.

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

DARPA and Pentagon are bugged and don’t currently have checkpoints before the final boss which is kind of a big problem.

Also, they’re awful missions

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

tgacon posted:

Also, they’re awful missions

Yeah I friggin hate those drat warhounds. I give the game lots of concessions but I don't think they'll ever be fun to fight.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Kibayasu posted:

I couldn't even start Pentagon yesterday. Nothing would ever happen.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This expansion has made me really dislike the black tusk faction in general. They just seem straight up busted compared to any of the other factions.

That green ring healing box they throw down.. whoever thought that was a good gameplay change is hopefully gone now.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Mr. Carlisle posted:

This expansion has made me really dislike the black tusk faction in general. They just seem straight up busted compared to any of the other factions.

That green ring healing box they throw down.. whoever thought that was a good gameplay change is hopefully gone now.

Yeah that poo poo was bad when the LMB had it, no need to bring it back especially considering the player doesn't have it anymore.

The spawn rates on robodogs needs to be reduced as well, every Black Tusk fight having at least three different dogs got old really drat fast.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Cruising along in DC single-player....

Oh cool, I am a bad enough chick to save the president !

Ok, now I'm really glad I didn't skip the DC content, that was rad.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Those support stations are now super weak. Flank around or get some high ground and blow it up.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Was thinking last night how hacked together this game is.
You have 6 different types of leveling.
1-30
Tier 1-5
31-40
SHD levels
Season levels
DZ levels

Also 5 different levels of equipment
light green (not sure if this is in the pre 30 game still)
blue
purple
gold
Dk Green (sets)
Exotic

With only 3 of those being (possibly) any good, the rest is pure trash with purple only being slightly useful for the Attribute library until you get better.

The 1-30, tier 1-5 and 31-40 could potentially just have been tossed out the window and completely replaced with SHD levels.
But that would have taken extra work to program or something.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 4, 2020

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The first game had pretty much all of that and also like 4 different endgame currencies.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

ChiTownEddie posted:

I couldn't even start Pentagon yesterday. Nothing would ever happen.

There's a bug with fast traveling there and starting the mission where the elevator doors you need to force open to trigger the next checkpoint are already open, so you just fall down and rip

restarting it in place usually fixes that so the doors have to be opened and everything proceeds normally from there

Carew
Jun 22, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I cobbled together a CC build so I can run jammer pulse just for black tusk. It's an extremely hard counter to that faction and it lets me carry groups through heroic black tusk missions

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm the weird guy that actually enjoys Pentagon. I love the giant drone fight and wish there were more cool giant bosses like that and razorback.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Carew posted:

I cobbled together a CC build so I can run jammer pulse just for black tusk. It's an extremely hard counter to that faction and it lets me carry groups through heroic black tusk missions

I really need to do this thank you for the reminder

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

using emp on a bunch of drones is the only satisfying thing left in the game

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Some youtubers were saying they stealth buffed exotic drop rates (at least on heroic). Went in with a friend of mine tonight. I got a tardagrade on our 3rd run of heroic Lincoln Memorial and he got a Bullet King on our first run of Wallstreet. Seems like maybe Massive did something good for once?

Better farm more before they realize this was "unintended" and then nerf the drop rate down to 1% or something.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Frustrated posted:

Some youtubers were saying they stealth buffed exotic drop rates (at least on heroic). Went in with a friend of mine tonight. I got a tardagrade on our 3rd run of heroic Lincoln Memorial and he got a Bullet King on our first run of Wallstreet. Seems like maybe Massive did something good for once?

Better farm more before they realize this was "unintended" and then nerf the drop rate down to 1% or something.

How were the stats? The last few exotics I found outside of the exotic caches has like bottom of the barrel stats

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Psion posted:

There's a bug with fast traveling there and starting the mission where the elevator doors you need to force open to trigger the next checkpoint are already open, so you just fall down and rip

restarting it in place usually fixes that so the doors have to be opened and everything proceeds normally from there

I've noticed that even though the doors are already open, the prompt to force them is still there. Do that, then jump down and the mission proceeds as normal.

Your character will even pantomime opening the doors.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Had some great heroic runs and some less than great legendary runs tonight with a group of randoms that I found. The loot was especially good.

Got another tardigrade which I gave away, a pretty nice zero f's that I'll mess with, a good patriot mask with nearly godrolled crit damage which lets me replace the armor with weapon damage for more build flexibility, a shitload of godrolls I was missing for my library, some incredible gloves for my cc build, enough negotiators pieces to set up that rifle build that's making the rounds on youtube, some near godrolled gear mods for repair skills and incoming healing which both get use on my builds, and some amazing mods for my pulse and firefly.

I should have run some Wall Street because I probably would have finally gotten that Bullet King I've been needing.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

How were the stats? The last few exotics I found outside of the exotic caches has like bottom of the barrel stats

The tradigrade had max armor and middle or the road stats on the others. Bullet king was all about 60%. Not amazing, but not terrible.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Quill posted:

I've noticed that even though the doors are already open, the prompt to force them is still there. Do that, then jump down and the mission proceeds as normal.

Your character will even pantomime opening the doors.

I was stuck starting the mission, and that's what I had to do, open the already opened doors to trigger the script.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I would do that to the elevator doors, only for the first fight encounter not triggering right and the door past the fuse refusing to open. Resolved by restarting the mission and fast traveling to the mission mode to force reloading the map.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Working as intended.

Also, happened to get the commendation for holding all control points at the same time. I guess the reset bug had a tiny upside.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Finally got a BK to drop, with decent stats no less! This thing is an absolute monster.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Ok so for as much of a soft spot as I have in my heart for the Pestilence, which is still a strong and viable gun, The Bullet King really is on another level, especially with my usual run and gun playstyle. It's hard to overstate how powerful not having to reload is. You can probably guess how powerful it is just by thinking about it, but putting it into action is just exhilarating.

I've actually toned back the weapon damage on my patriot support build back to my original 3/3 split instead of the 4 red/2 blue split I'd been experimenting with because tankiness is very easy to convert into dps when your only downtime is healing so I may as well go a bit tankier with my setup. I've also dropped the shield and replaced it with a banshee pulse. As fun as the shield is, the reliable non skill tier dependent cc on a short cooldown has proved to be useful defensively like the shield, but also incredibly potent when used to rush groups of enemies or to lock down a wave of enemies spawning in.

Sadly I haven't been able to run the raid much since the ban wave gutted my usual group, but my old and less optimized build handled it fine, and having a bullet king will probably be a huge dps boost against black tusks.