Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Jerusalem posted:

Cursed image :gonk:

Thank you, sir.

I just saw Gronk. I just saw JBL. Sorry folks, I can't take it, I'm watching Resident Evil 3 playthroughs instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
edit: wrong thread

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

So I tried with 3 different (all brand new) email addresses to do the free trial set up (I will accept being one of their zombie subscribers) but it just kept saying that I had to be a new subscriber to get the free month.

Their loss and now I just need to make sure that they do not charge me anything for this.

With set ups like that, the only way they hit 200 million viewers is if they add all of the :filez: and just make up the number of viewers.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Edit: wrong thread

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

So I tried with 3 different (all brand new) email addresses to do the free trial set up (I will accept being one of their zombie subscribers) but it just kept saying that I had to be a new subscriber to get the free month.

It wouldn't let me use an old e-mail but I used a different gmail account I had lying around and had no issue, were you using one of those temporary mail service things perhaps? They might be auto-blocking those.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

It wouldn't let me use an old e-mail but I used a different gmail account I had lying around and had no issue, were you using one of those temporary mail service things perhaps? They might be auto-blocking those.

I have 5 different email accounts (all gmail or google based). I had used my personal one when I had it before. Tried my other accounts and they did not work. My last one is my work email and I decided not to use that one.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The email I'm using for my network account isn't even real, I accidentally spelled my name wrong but it still worked

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I guess they did not like my address. I even used different payments in case it recognized the card from before.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'm just going by the game day thread and it sounds like they did a pretape where they still cut constantly in a jarring way and still managed to miss spots and left in botches.

Nobody does production value like the wwe

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Out of morbid curiosity I turned on Mania for five minutes, it was a mistake. I don't know how you guys are watching, there's so many better options for streaming entertainment right now.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

They learned absolutely not a goddamn thing from the debacle that was the house of horrors match

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
What's that I hear? A Bray Wyatt match was bad?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

OctoberCountry posted:

What's that I hear? A Bray Wyatt match was bad?

He didn't wrestle tonight so no you didn't hear that

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He didn't wrestle tonight so no you didn't hear that

What happened?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

OctoberCountry posted:

What happened?

It's tomorrow night :confused:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wrestlemania 4/4:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Night 1 was taped at the Performance Center. There was still no official card.
  • Cesaro defeated Drew Gulak in a singles match on the pre-show.
  • 20 minutes before the start of the show, they revealed which matches would be on Night 2.
  • Stephanie McMahon opened the show, then a weird video package opened the show, then Rob Gronkowski opened the show.
  • Michael Cole and JBL were on commentary at ringside for most of the night, Tom Philips and Byron Saxton did one match.
  • Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross defeated The Kabuki Warriors (C) to become the Women's Tag Team Champions.
  • Elias defeated Baron Corbin in a singles match.
  • Becky Lynch (C) defeated Shayna Baszler in a singles match to retain her Raw Women's Championship.
  • Sami Zayn (C) defeated Daniel Bryan in a singles match to retain his Intercontinental Championship.
  • John Morrison defeated Kofi Kingston and Jimmy Uso in a Triple Threat ladder match to retain the Smackdown Tag Team Titles on behalf of himself and The Miz.
  • Kevin Owens defeated Seth Rollins by DQ in a singles match after Seth hit him with the ring bell. Owens demanded the match restart as No-DQ.
  • Kevin Owens defeated Rollins by pinfall in a No-DQ match.
  • Mojo Rawley stole a pin on R-Truth (C) from Rob Gronkowski to become the new 24/7 Champion.
  • Braun Strowman defeated Bill Goldberg (C) to become the new Universal Champion.
  • Undertaker defeated AJ Styles in a Boneyard Match. This absolutely loving ruled and was completely distinct from everything else on the show.
  • GDT Discussion for Night 1 starts here.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Wwe as a z level tv series might be a good idea after all. Good job Vince, you finally made it.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
wrestling needs to be filmed like aj/undertaker in order to keep going, in these trying times

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

JT Smiley posted:

Out of morbid curiosity I turned on Mania for five minutes, it was a mistake. I don't know how you guys are watching, there's so many better options for streaming entertainment right now.

I muted it and just put on music I like.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Big mistake not having the rest of the matches be filmed like Undertaker and Styles.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AlexM_talkSPORT/status/1246543747111890944

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Oh man... that was alot to take in. I hope this 2 night wrestlemania format is here to stay next year.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

undertaker delivering the magnum opus of his career wasn't what i was expecting out of quarantinemania night 1 but hell loving yeah was it good

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
The bone zone was amazing.

I hope we get a 10 bell salute for AJ on RAW

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hirez posted:

The bone zone was amazing.

I hope we get a 10 bell salute for AJ on RAW

I want people walking around talking about how much they miss AJ, ignoring him as he runs around screaming at them to respond to him and insisting he isn't dead.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

AJ vs THE BONE ZONE will have legs in these fanless times.

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

I want AJ to become the new undertaker and say rest in peace in his thick redneck accent

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

They beat Shayna? Lol

Another lol for Asuka/Kairi dropping the titles to Nikki and Alexa

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pretty wild how every so often, WWE does something amazing.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I remember when ya'll hated the New Day attacking the Wyatt Compound thing, so you better go back and rewatch it! :colbert:

Orton vs Bray in the House of Horrors is still bad though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I want all future Undertaker matches to be in the same format and he can transform into every wrestle he has buried so far.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It really bugged me that the build to Wrestlemania was AJ saying Taker was a useless old man, and Taker saying AJ was a weak coward, because it meant no matter who won they hadn't beaten anybody worth anything.

But then in the match itself Undertaker went out of his way to admit that AJ was tough as hell and put up a better fight than most anybody he'd ever faced before and I really liked that he did that. :shobon:

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Jerusalem posted:

It really bugged me that the build to Wrestlemania was AJ saying Taker was a useless old man, and Taker saying AJ was a weak coward, because it meant no matter who won they hadn't beaten anybody worth anything.

But then in the match itself Undertaker went out of his way to admit that AJ was tough as hell and put up a better fight than most anybody he'd ever faced before and I really liked that he did that. :shobon:

Brock Lesnar beat the crap out of the Undertaker.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Jerusalem posted:

Taker also had to use BULLSHIT magic to beat AJ.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
AJ popping out of the casket absolutely floored me.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
They should split Mania into two nights next year. They could run two different huge venues for each day. Huge revenue opportunities and do a nice tight 3 hours each night.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Hirez posted:

AJ popping out of the casket absolutely floored me.

I have to admit, that shattering-the-tombstone-on-Taker's-skull-from-behind thing was a rad move.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Considering WWE treated him like garbage because he didn’t work the same style that Vince’s old boys did, good on him for sticking with the family whose patriarch got him in the business.

E: thinking back, it’s even more galling because within 20 years the company now scripts things out even more than DDP did

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Zeta Acosta posted:

Brock Lesnar beat the crap out of the Undertaker.

Yeah but Taker doesn't remember that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I enjoyed Undertaker talking down to AJ like there was some 30 year age difference between them.