Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Wait why is Amazon letting me rent everything for free? Everything looks like:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

Wait why is Amazon letting me rent everything for free? Everything looks like:

Some streaming services are being nice since everyone is locked inside. HBO is doing a thing too. They're still evil, obvs, but it's a nice thing

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I just watched The Lighthouse for 99¢ on Amazon and it was well worth the rental.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Human Tornada posted:

Gator is actually a sequel to White Lightening (available on Amazon) which is far better.

Hell yeah. If you're any sort of fan of drive-in cinema it's essential viewing.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
omg now you've got me thinking what if drive-ins make a comeback because of social distancing!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Looks like Amazon gave me 2 free rentals and now everything is like $0.01 off. Probably would've picked a different second movie if I'd known that.

pahuyuth posted:

omg now you've got me thinking what if drive-ins make a comeback because of social distancing!

Well at least for now

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

pahuyuth posted:

I hope so. Pennsylvania has a TON of drive-ins, but they're considered non-essential so they haven't been allowed to open yet.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

There’s a bit of a problem with drive-ins taking up the slack if they don’t have new releases to show.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Public domain revivals in every city. It's the only way to give Ed Wood to the next generation.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Jose Oquendo posted:

I hope so. Pennsylvania has a TON of drive-ins, but they're considered non-essential so they haven't been allowed to open yet.

What's weird is that the regulations on essential businesses don't really take into account how much risk any given activity will put you in. There's a lot of activities that are way less essential than picking up groceries but can be done with social distancing and/or no human contact at all, drive-in theatres being one example.

Eventually we'll have to get to a "new normal" where we can do activities that aren't strictly necessary but also don't involve any person-to-person interaction or possibility to transmit disease. Doing most things other than going to a retail establishment, I'm at greatest risk and I am the biggest risk to others if I'm an asymptomatic carrier being in the elevator of my building to leave and come back to my apartment.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

feedmyleg posted:

Looks like Amazon gave me 2 free rentals and now everything is like $0.01 off. Probably would've picked a different second movie if I'd known that.

Amazon has been giving away $3 digital credits for choosing "no rush shipping" and those deductions are shown on the item page.

Check your email to see if you got some kind of credit lately.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I watched Gator on Hulu because it’s been referenced a ton on Archer. It’s alright, but it’s probably half an hour too long and you can definitely tell Burt Reynolds had never directed before.

Also there are approximately 0 actual gators in that movie.

White Lightning and Sharky's Machine are the superior Burt Reynolds movies. The former is Gator's first movie.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Sorry for you losers who don't live in the only state with a XXX drive in

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/apache-drive-in-theatre

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 5, 2020

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Anyone watched the Prime show Tales from the Loop? How is it?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

regulargonzalez posted:

The early reviews I've seen are positive. I'm a big fan of Simon Stahlenhag so I'm a bit hesitant to start it. I'm afraid it will change how I view his art.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

regulargonzalez posted:

It's gorgeous and the imagery is straight out of the pictures. It's also very slow-paced and calm, not frenetic like Stranger Things.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
I finished Fargo season 3 and loved it. I wasn’t sure after the first episode but this series has a momentum as the episodes go on and as the farce gets deeper it’s so fun to watch everything unfold. Carrie Coons, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Ewan McGregor all killed it.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Yeah, McGregor was very believable as two totally different people.

Also: Scoot Mcnairy 👍👍

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Tainen posted:

I finished Fargo season 3 and loved it. I wasn’t sure after the first episode but this series has a momentum as the episodes go on and as the farce gets deeper it’s so fun to watch everything unfold. Carrie Coons, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Ewan McGregor all killed it.

I liked it the least of the three, the two brothers plot just kinda peters out which was disappointing because MacGregor's performance was great.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I liked it the least of the three, the two brothers plot just kinda peters out which was disappointing because MacGregor's performance was great.

I haven’t seen the first two since they aired but I feel like 3 is better than 1 and equal to 2 but I remember really liking 2 even though I am struggling to remember anything from it aside from the UFO

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
S3 was my favorite Fargo for sure.

LemonLimeSoda
Jan 23, 2020
S2 was my favorite
S1 I loved and I enjoyed S3 but 3 felt like the formula was getting stale and I'm glad they stopped the show if it was going to continue like 3 did

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

LemonLimeSoda posted:

S2 was my favorite
S1 I loved and I enjoyed S3 but 3 felt like the formula was getting stale and I'm glad they stopped the show if it was going to continue like 3 did

Season 4 starts in 2 weeks...

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

They are working on a 4th season, it looks like it might be a prequel to the 2nd. It's got Chris Rock and Timothy Olyphant in it.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Tainen posted:

I thought it was delayed indefinitely due to cornonavirus?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I still have to watch s3 but i preferred s2 to s1 because im not a billy bob thornton fan and him just being an unstoppable maybe-devil force wasnt too...interesting to me. Like at the point he's walking into buildings and OWNING EVERYOOONE it just felt too cartoonish.
Still decent though since I did appreciate Martin Freeman and everyone else in the cast.

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 6, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is season 3 streaming somewhere?

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Is season 3 streaming somewhere?

Hulu

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cool thanks

LemonLimeSoda
Jan 23, 2020

Tainen posted:

I had no idea
It's been awhile so hopefully they took some time off and recalibrated and this season will be better
I'll definitely watch any new season of Fargo

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

LemonLimeSoda posted:

I had no idea
It's been awhile so hopefully they took some time off and recalibrated and this season will be better
I'll definitely watch any new season of Fargo

Drinksalot was correct above. It looks like it was scheduled to start April 19th but has been put on hold due to production being shut down.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Heads up: if you have an Apple TV, you get Epix free until May 2nd.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Edward Mass posted:

Heads up: if you have an Apple TV, you get Epix free until May 2nd.

Which means you can and should watch Perpetual Grace, LTD.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Senator Drinksalot posted:

petering out is not really how I'd describe that plot...

it may be recency bias because i just finished it last week, but i thought s3 might've been the best season.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Human Tornada posted:

Gator is actually a sequel to White Lightening (available on Amazon) which is far better.

How can you lighten white? It’s already white! It’s the most light it can be...

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Medullah posted:

I just watched the first 7 episodes of this yesterday whoa holy poo poo it's good.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I just watched the first 7 episodes of this yesterday whoa holy poo poo it's good.

Get the rhythm, get the loving rhythm.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Medullah posted:

Get the rhythm, get the loving rhythm.

There you go, there you loving go!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Quibi sure picked an unlucky time to launch, what with people at home, in front of TVs.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Medullah posted:

Whoa from the guy who created Patriot? You just made my week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

Quibi sure picked an unlucky time to launch, what with people at home, in front of TVs.

I don't know, being able to blame the pandemic for the failure of this obviously stupid idea instead of your own personal incompetence seems pretty lucky to me.