Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I forgot Braun is the universal champion, got a bit distracted by the bone zone.

Also forgot that Asuka's reverse wrestlemania streak is still going with another loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Huntman posted:

I enjoyed Undertaker talking down to AJ like there was some 30 year age difference between them.

Reminds me of when Ziggler and Roode feuded after Roode's NXT callup and Ziggler kept calling him "kid" in interviews meant to put Roode over.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Perfect

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
So they finally put the belt on Stroman, years after he was over. Never change WWE.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The Undertaker turret-punching The Clubinites army was so Steven Segal it was beautiful.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

And took it from Goldberg, the only draw they had left

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Sounds like they only put it on him because Goldberg costs too much.

I mean the guy literally just lost the IC belt and got a title shot because of Roman. I doubt he keeps the belt longer than a ppv or 2, hell he probably loses it on RAW this week

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Amazing :allears:

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
What's fun to think about is that if they'd done Goldberg/Roman, the match probably would have been the exact same except the only moves performed would have been 8 spears.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Psychepath posted:

What's fun to think about is that if they'd done Goldberg/Roman, the match probably would have been the exact same except the only moves performed would have been 8 spears.

I feel like I would have enjoyed them going spear for spear more than Braun taking four and then reminding us that his finisher is only distinct from on of his transition moves in that he does a little run first.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Sanguinia posted:

I feel like I would have enjoyed them going spear for spear more than Braun taking four and then reminding us that his finisher is only distinct from on of his transition moves in that he does a little run first.

Part of the problem is that he lifts dudes up so effortlessly that it doesn't have the impact of like, Davey Boy Smith doing it who looks to actually have to put some effort in to power slam people.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

loving :lol:

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Oh my god yes

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Close the forums, this is the pinnacle

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Apparently some Performance Center guy gave props to Borash for laying out the Boneyard match. Wasn't he behind the Broken Matt matches dating back to TNA?

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Max Coveri posted:

Apparently some Performance Center guy gave props to Borash for laying out the Boneyard match. Wasn't he behind the Broken Matt matches dating back to TNA?

Definitely had a Borash production feel to it all. He did help out a ton with the Broken Matt stuff in TNA and I assume he probably had a hand in the stuff Matt did in WWE whenever they tried for about five minutes.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Is there anyone who DIDN'T like the bone zone? It wasn't even really a wrestling match, while being the most wrestling thing ever

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tonight was a fine card considering the circumstances. I thought it was a good show and outside of a couple matches everyone clearly tried very hard. I especially dug the trash talk between bryan and zayn along with seth and owens. Better than wm11 and 9 so it's not the worst ever like i feared it could be

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hirez posted:

Is there anyone who DIDN'T like the bone zone? It wasn't even really a wrestling match, while being the most wrestling thing ever

It's me. I don't care about the Undertaker and I didn't like the Final Deletion. Had some moments but overall I was left with a meh feeling.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

AJ jobbed out to the 800 year old part timer who doesn't look a day over 1000 and doesn't even have his dumb accidental Mania streak.

That's funny

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

AJ jobbed out to the 800 year old part timer who doesn't look a day over 1000 and doesn't even have his dumb accidental Mania streak.

That's funny

And everyone's so bewildered by the impressive concept of it even being a fun match (a rare beast for the company this past decade) it made them immediately forget 1) he literally got buried in the match and 2) it was the conclusion of a story where he had no offense in the build, lost the only other match they had, and his buddies got their asses kicked for fun on the side multiple times too

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Yeah but AJ is the heel

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's how you do long feuds. one wrestler gets embarrassed over and over again, and at the end they fall into a toilet and can't get out of it and the other wrestler walks in and pees on them and leaves without washing their hands. The heel and the face respectively

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

AJ has had a pretty successful run in the WWE so I think he's going to be ok

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

I say just enjoy the fun and stupid thing for being a fun and stupid thing

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"If you don't turn your brain off someone else can do it for you." Is that what you're saying to me? You want to send threats? do it via PM where I can post this funny image to you in response. I'm not allowed to post it on here. it's not really funny, just to me

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
So is Sami Zayn so injury prone he basically can’t wrestle at all now or is he just aping Jeff Jarrett level Memphis heat tactics to have fun with it?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tato posted:

So is Sami Zayn so injury prone he basically can’t wrestle at all now or is he just aping Jeff Jarrett level Memphis heat tactics to have fun with it?

they don't want sami to wrestle or else he might get over

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Sami just had a fun match with Daniel Bryan and retained the intercontinental championship with his best friends Cesaro and Shinsuke while dressed like Fidel Castro, Cesaro has the most hilariously trashy gold chain necklace, and Nakamura’s new gear makes it look like the sun is actually shining out of his rear end.

I was expecting it to be a good match, but the overall feel of the thing made it pretty great to me.

Gulak v Cesaro was far too short which is a bummer.

Boneyard match was... Do people consider it good simply because it’s a bit different? it peaked as soon as AJ popped out of the coffin and was simply a slog from that point on.

I dunno. I’ll watch tomorrow as it’s a group thing to do with friends (zoom on laptop, WWE on the TV) but if I wasn’t stuck at home and it was the only “social” thing tomorrow, I’d be far less interested.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 5, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I enjoyed Shayna/Becky, Bryan/Zayn, The Women's tag title match, and the Boneyard match. Elias Vs. Corbin was really bad and Strowman vs. Goldberg was horrible and I really wish Strowman would choose a different career. Ladder match was dumb and I miss wrestling crowds.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Was there any doubt at all that Borash was heavily involved in the boneyard match? To me it had the feel of that Hardy stuff they did in Impact right away.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Boneyard Match was good because it was the only time all night where WWE Creative (tm) acknowledged the weird-rear end circumstances they were up against and actually adapted to them to do something different than "hit your scripted marks in this empty gym and pretend there's a crowd".

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I hope people will forgive me for sharing this again now that people aren't in the middle of watching Wrestlemania

CWF presents the Creature Rumble 2020

(Mostly cause it was an insane amount of work and I don't want it to go to waste)

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

fatherofmustard posted:

AJ has had a pretty successful run in the WWE so I think he's going to be ok

uhhh AJ died...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:thunkher:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Apr 5, 2020

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The boneyard was fun because it was a lot of what makes wrestling fun. Over the top, silly, with cartoony characters, unrealistic motivations, and good honest fun.

But it is also indicative of WWE.

Insomuch as we wade through rivers of poo poo. Weary, dirty, and angry at ourself for walking int the river in the first place. Then we get a nugget of awesome, like the boneyard, or Daniel Bryan's wrestlemania story, and so we continue to wade, hoping eternally that we might find another nugget, but knowing that it is probably a long way away.

It is also exemplary of modern WWE insomuch as it was different from the play-by-numbers match they have conditioned us to expect. So we as an audience go "wow, this is great!". Of course Vince will take a note of that reaction, and either run it into the ground until it is not novel or fun anymore. Or completely misunderstand why it was cool and good, and in the process of running it into the ground recreate it without any of the stuff that made it cool.

I liked it though, and am hoping that the Firefly Funhouse Match has the same energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
AJ Styles’ funeral was very brief.