Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Does storage ever become infinite? Mine at the fourth house level is now capped, and 99% of it is clothes

I ain't gonna lie, thinking about having to pick out and sell some of my pretty princess acoutrements has me not wanting to play at all :(

I think the max is 1600

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/frogbiansVEVO/status/1246574123087585280?s=20

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Can I just craft all the bunny stuff and sell it off and still get the recipe at the end? I don't like any of this stuff and it's just taking up space.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Captain Hygiene posted:

Shoot, are large star fragments just random pickups? I thought with the shooting stars last night I'd have plenty to make my magic wand, but I got a bunch of regular fragments and a couple Aries ones, just finding out now that's not enough for the recipe.

maybe it's because i did 200 at once during a meteor shower but they respawned on the beach for a while the next day and i got enough

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Gah, I missed Daisy Mae. Anyone still have her on their island?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Romes128 posted:

Yeah, they're random. First shooting stars night I had none, second I got one.

oddium posted:

maybe it's because i did 200 at once during a meteor shower but they respawned on the beach for a while the next day and i got enough

Thanks...I'll know for next time. I think I've collected all of mine, I didn't stay wishing on them for super long because I just wanted a dozen or so to easily cover the wand recipe (which obviously didn't work).

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

PunkBoy posted:

Gah, I missed Daisy Mae. Anyone still have her on their island?

Edit: closed

ChikoDemono fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 5, 2020

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President
Turnips are 90 here. We’ve also got all fruit. I’ll open it up for the next 30 minutes or so until the turnip market closes.

47Q9J

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Today is important:

Bangle is moving out! If you want a cute peppy tiger and have space come get her!

Also since I'm ahead by a number of days Nooklings are updated and selling Very Cool equipment (2k for each tool). They have normal durability apparently but they're genuinely neat.

Finally todays Ables has some really neat things!
https://twitter.com/ThisIsACoolGuy/status/1246836537519570944

Only thing I'm after are roses/cosmos and like, if anyone has a spare large star fragment that would be cool- otherwise just come visit! Write on the board! I'm taking a break from playing but feel free to roam or do whatever :v:

Dodo Code: H6FQB

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Dodo Code: 9JRPW

Daisy Mae's here for another 25 minutes, on the east side of town, turnips selling for 90 bells. I need a single old boot, of all things, to make trash bags for my town dump. Help yourself to any items on the ground near the dump.

Edit: not working due to connection issues, sorry

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 5, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Captain Hygiene posted:

Thanks...I'll know for next time. I think I've collected all of mine, I didn't stay wishing on them for super long because I just wanted a dozen or so to easily cover the wand recipe (which obviously didn't work).

If you got 3 regular star pieces, you can at least make other wands.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Rollersnake posted:

Dodo Code: 9JRPW

Daisy Mae's here for another 25 minutes, on the east side of town, turnips selling for 90 bells. I need a single old boot, of all things, to make trash bags for my town dump. Help yourself to any items on the ground near the dump.

I gotchu. They call me Dingus of Turdsburg. Be there in a minute.

Edit: I can see your island, but get a comm error when I try to depart. Not a "someone's busy" message, but an actual system error, which I haven't seen before.

Mr. Bad Guy fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 5, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

If you got 3 regular star pieces, you can at least make other wands.

Thanks....don't think I've found other wand recipes though.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Edit: I can see your island, but get a comm error when I try to depart. Not a "someone's busy" message, but an actual system error, which I haven't seen before.

I'm sure it's because I'm on work internet, though I can connect just fine. Oh well, thanks for trying.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Seedge posted:

My gf got a DAL shirt in the mail early on and has never worn anything else. Is there any more DAL stuff you can get, or is it just "keep going to mystery islands"?

I got a DAL eye mask in the mail this morning.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Captain Hygiene posted:

Thanks....don't think I've found other wand recipes though.

Do you have some young spring bamboo? I got an extra bamboo wand recipe I can send you.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
:spooky: Hey I got a perfect tailor shop for witch outfits if anyone is interested; my nook's cranny is selling spider umbrellas as well :spooky:

I also have my alligator villager giving out DIY for scarecrows right now

if anyone needs iron armor or cutting boards I can craft you some

Native Fruit: Cherries
DC: Closed

Desperate Character fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 5, 2020

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

H5J1J

I have the Turnip lady for another 2 hours, currently at 91 per turnip

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

e: turnips done, closed

Do you have some young spring bamboo? I got an extra bamboo wand recipe I can send you.
That'd be awesome, thanks! I don't have the goon spreadsheet up right now so I've lost track if we're already friends. If not, I'm on there, or if you're already online, the Dodo code is open. :)

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 5, 2020

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
This is my first AC game and it is absolutely killing me how much aesthetic poo poo there is to buy in this game. Like when I heard about the Stalk Market I told myself I wasnt going to cheese it and break the game, ruining the fun. But daddy needs his fancy pants and shoes and tweet jackets and wigs and

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I hate asking as they sucked in New Leaf but are Mannequins back? You couldn't sell them or anything in the previous games and that sucked as they were a blight- but I could use one in my festive plaza and I can't 'build' one by displaying clothes.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Idia posted:

The reddit post about Sakura DIYs are in the red balloons and all balloons spawn every 5 mins around the eastern part of the beach is correct. I got 2 DIYs from it, a wand and the pink wooden wall. The first 2 was one from Isabelle and one luckily I found in a bottle. I've also found a bamboo DIY in a green balloon and a decent object in a blue one. You could just ignore the easter ones but I need those DIYs too to make up for the fact that I barely play during the week. Red balloons may be spawning every 20-30 mins but check every 5 I guess. In the meantime I'm catching a bunch of petals.

Hey if anyone's gearing up to or in the middle of trying for these I wanna clear up some misconceptions.

1. The color of the balloon doesn't matter. Balloon colors may have different propensities toward different categories (yellow being bells is the most commonly experienced), but this can change per person, change over time for the same person, and critically, does not stop any color of balloon from dropping any category of reward at any time, including DIY recipes. This means you should absolutely be popping every solid-color balloon you see, just in case.

2. Balloons will spawn from one side of the island during the day, and the other side during the evening. This is different for each person. Once spawned they will invariably move toward the opposite end. It might not be constant for each person, and the changes might be more erratic at points depending on weather, but your average day will see the wind coming consistently from West/East, then East/West, and the balloons follow it.

3. Balloons have a chance of spawning every 5 minutes in this pattern according to the clock: xx:04, xx:09, xx:14:, xx:19, ect. They will reach the shoreline for you to clearly see/pop at :xx:05, xx:10, xx:15, xx:20, ect. These spawns are not guaranteed. Occasionally you will get solid-color balloons every 5 minutes. Often every 10. Rarely 10+. They can spawn anywhere in the bottom 2/3rds of your island's y-axis.

4. These recipes are exceptionally rare, which when added to the cocktail of probabilities governing balloon presents (what colors are likely to give what rewards during this session, what colors are primarily spawning for you during this session, ect.), have led to a lot of contradictory anecdotes from people seeing patterns and rules where there aren't any. You can get several in a moderate amount of time, or go several active hours of attempting without a single one. You can get nothing but two colors of balloon that give two types of reward for 3 hours, then suddenly get another color that gives another type of reward, or get a sakura DIY recipe from the two colors you've been getting screwed by the whole time. Don't read too hard into whatever happens to you.

What'd I suggest doing if you're really dedicated to getting the full set, or just whatever you particularly want, is to set aside some time where you either intended to gather a lot of resources, or had other crap you were planning to hunker down for (podcasts, videos, reading, whatever). Then, either gather on the half of the island balloons are coming from, or chill out with whatever you're taking in, and every 5 minutes on or past the hour (xx:00, xx:05, xx:10, xx:15, ect.), start running up the beach from the bottom-most corner and listening for the characteristic sound of a balloon (if that's feasible). Alternatively, just hug the coast and move the camera as high up as possible every screen's worth of distance or so. Once you hit about 2/3rds of the way up your beach, do the same thing on the way back to the bottom. I would honestly suggest doing this alternative thing even if you are listening to the game. If you're just idling in-game until these points, stay in the bottom-most corner of whichever beach you're using with the camera situated at its midpoint. The edge of the dock is a good choice if that's the beach you're concerned with. Expect it to take an extravagant amount of cumulative time all-told.

A few important final notes: Bunny Day balloons are just noise, they do NOT interfere in any fashion with regular balloons and the way they work. Also, Isabelle is geared to hand out a picnic recipe to you on the first day into the cherry blossom event provided there are no other important announcements (like someone moving in). If you've missed this due to a queue of newsworthy happenings, you can get this recipe from a balloon too. Isabelle will eventually give it to you if you haven't gotten it yet the first day nothing else is going on. Finally, you can get sakura recipes from your other standard recipe sources if lucky (villagers at their bench, running up to you, regular message bottles, ect.).

Violen fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 5, 2020

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Dancing Peasant posted:

H5J1J

I have the Turnip lady for another 2 hours, currently at 91 per turnip

Vector thanks you for your exports

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Does anyone know how kidnapping villagers from friends to live on your island works? Like, do you need an open slot beforehand, or do they move to the campsite first & let you evict someone, or what.

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

This is my first AC game and it is absolutely killing me how much aesthetic poo poo there is to buy in this game. Like when I heard about the Stalk Market I told myself I wasnt going to cheese it and break the game, ruining the fun. But daddy needs his fancy pants and shoes and tweet jackets and wigs and
one of my only complaints about the Aesthetic™ is that you have to buy all the variants separate. If I want to have options for that outfit, I've got to buy multiple copies. A $6,000 dress becomes an $18,000 one. I could stick with one, but what if I come across some cute pants that match really well with another color??? The fitting room is both a blessing and a curse, really.

Basically it's dumb that the catalog doesn't give you the color variants. IMO, it would've been much better if the catalog had let you buy variant colors you didn't have for a 20% upcharge or whatever. Or if befriending Sable gave you the option to recolor outfits.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Turnip King

I'm ready!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The visual-punk wig looks ridiculous and it keeps making me think of Teru from Mob Psycho 100

I love it

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

LLJKSiLk posted:

Turnip King

I'm ready!

Same. I'm in like six queues to sell them off already.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

- closed for now -

DIY RECIPE: Mum Cushions by Pinky, she's in the villager section to the N/NE, her house is marked.
WANT TO TRADE: I have an extra sakura bonsai and sakura wand recipe, I would like to trade them for a stone and/or lantern recipe.
OTHER: Feel free to shop, the stuff at the entrance is free, the apples near able's are free, yada yada.

The queue is just so people don't get overwhelmed by cutscenes, I love when people stick around, talk to villagers, shop, leave doodles/messages.

Clocks fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 5, 2020

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
The customization in this game is so erratic. You have really awesome freedom in something like the customer designer apps, but then you have a really arbitrary smattering of items that can or can't be customized at a bench, that custom designs can be applied or not be applied to, that can be customized but in a separate way from the various palettes they can come in, that you are locked to your first roll of and need to trade for alternatives to that can fit into any of the prior groups, and on and on. Then there's clothing with various palettes you need to wade in and out of an absurdly laborious UI for (the dressing room) alongside clothing that you'll also uncontrollably roll alternative palettes for (or not) because why not? Like for a lot of items just by way of what they are the restrictions make sense, but as a whole the entire enterprise feels like a dart board of thoughtful freedoms and conveniences versus either legacy or wholly new constraints and jank. But that's this game's UI and systems as a whole, really. It's hard to parse intent and cause, too, like how much of it is Nintendo's inscrutable design logic, how much was just left the way it is because that's the way it's been, how much was just missed out, and how much was down to just being untenable or too time and resource-consuming in development. It's such a Frankenstein's monster when it comes to general QOL.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LLJKSiLk posted:

Turnip King

I'm ready!

Wait, if you place turnips on the ground in your house, will they not rot away the next day?

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
Oh yeah, I should mention, if anyone wants any of the sakura items (don't have spare recipes, unfortunately), I'll make them and send them to you as long as you send/bring me the materials. I don't really give a drat about getting something for it. I guess you could send or drop whatever amount of bells if you want but seriously don't feel bothered. Just quote me or PM me or whatever and we can get it done. Depending on what you want you might need to visit me to give me the materials, and I can only get you a max of 2 items a day, because, well, see my above rant.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

I said come in! posted:

Wait, if you place turnips on the ground in your house, will they not rot away the next day?

Turnips rot when the day rolls over to sunday no matter where they are. (Time travel instantly rots them too, if you're a filthy cheater). But you can't put them in storage, so if you bought a huge stash of turnips you need to dump them on the ground somewhere. I've got a fenced-off turnip farm on my island.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Every time I try to go to a dodo code in this thread, it's right after they close but before they update that they've closed. The witch and scarecrow village sounded great. RIP.

Anyone have turnips under 100 bells?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Snake Maze posted:

Turnips rot when the day rolls over to sunday no matter where they are. (Time travel instantly rots them too, if you're a filthy cheater). But you can't put them in storage, so if you bought a huge stash of turnips you need to dump them on the ground somewhere. I've got a fenced-off turnip farm on my island.

To clarify, time travel via traveling to someone else's island with a different time DOES NOT rot them.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

TTBF posted:

Every time I try to go to a dodo code in this thread, it's right after they close but before they update that they've closed. The witch and scarecrow village sounded great. RIP.

Anyone have turnips under 100 bells?

oh i can re-open it for a few more minutes

:spooky: spider umbrella + witch hats + scarecrow DIY (follow eggs) :spooky:

DC: Closed

Desperate Character fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 5, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Turnip gal is gone, closed up for now. Thanks folks for dropping by, I managed to get back into the game literally seconds before the last visitor left :/

bamboo wand recipe

Got it, thanks again!! :tipshat:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Opening my island up for shoppers/lookey-loos at 3K0RN. I got some fun stuff at Able's including the Part 2 Jason costume I always wear. Also have spare DIY recipes for a light bamboo rug as well as some bunny day recipes. Those are to the immediate left from the airport, first come first serve.

https://twitter.com/JooJooFlop/status/1246844793801474049?s=20

Republicans fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 5, 2020

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Desperate Character posted:

oh i can re-open it for a few more minutes

:spooky: spider umbrella + witch hats + scarecrow DIY (follow eggs) :spooky:

DC: DNKC6

Thank you! I'm now peak goth aesthetic.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Double Punctuation posted:

You always get a male jock to start out, of which Scoot is one. Nintendo knew what the people wanted.

Yeah one of my OG villagers in NH is Kevin and I fukkin' love that dude from the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
How often does Flick show up, or is it random? My storage is half full of Tarantulas and Peacock Butterflies!