Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
what in the gently caress?

quote:

I really hope we will get a vehicle similar to Anvil Ballista, but with a laboratory instead of missile platform that is connected to the main cabin directly.

quote:

As someone who was lucky enough to guest crew a real world NBCRV variant Stryker vehicle, I second a mobile field laboratory/sampler. Able to supplement exploration gameplay with a capable ground exploration vehicle capable of withstanding the most hazardous conditions with armor plating, overpressure system, external and internal surveying probes, and other detectors, this opens up an amazing reutilization opportunity with the existing Star Citizen vehicle library.

I guess we're bringing the war on covid-19 into space, star citizen style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

yes. we need a ground vehicle to support the science gameplay systems

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress! They finally did it, those bastards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZbVshu8flw

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

quote:

this opens up an amazing reutilization opportunity with the existing Star Citizen vehicle library.

Lol what is this gibberish?

I see that he is one of those douches that reaches for business-ese language at every opportunity.
Nobody in their right mind would come up with the phrase "reutilization opportunity" outside of a boardroom meeting with other business douches.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

trucutru posted:

gently caress! They finally did it, those bastards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZbVshu8flw

this should be illegal. cowboy bebop did nothing to deserve this

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Wait, hang on, so I just realised this isn't SOL Citizen as in poo poo Out Of Luck Citizen and that's just hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe97JZDK7J2L3H3FUQ3AB4g

S.O.L. Citizen is the biggest self own I have seen in a long time, goddamn :lol:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

trucutru posted:

what in the gently caress?

my god, that dude finally thought of something more useless than the food delivery spaceship lol. That's not even like a "we don't have the gameplay yet" thing, it's a "what gameplay purpose could that possibly even loving serve?" thing lmao

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Inacio posted:

yes. we need a ground vehicle to support the science gameplay systems

There is so much science gameplay in Star Citizen that it’s absolutely begging for a dedicated vehicle!

What the gently caress is he talking about with his NBC Stryker analogy? It’s not a science vehicle, it just has seals and filtration systems in place to help a crew survive in a contaminated environment. And “lucky enough to crew” one? Yeah I’m sure doing maintenance on one in the motor pool for endless hours each week was a blast, and the all the additional components in the NBC version made it extra fun.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

When are we getting a ground based vehicle for news gathering?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I was also promised I could stand in a space station and watch footage on a monitor of an NPC-controlled mining vessel getting minerals from an asteroid, all video captured and uploaded to the news network by another player. This is what I paid $50K for and I want it.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Also where the gently caress is B'Tak lately? Has he given up hope? Or is he somewhere in the verse hiding in advance, afraid to post lest another player find his position? Quick, shh, be quiet, so the other ship in the vacuum of space doesn't hear us talking.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Scruffpuff posted:

I was also promised I could stand in a space station and watch footage on a monitor of an NPC-controlled mining vessel getting minerals from an asteroid, all video captured and uploaded to the news network by another player. This is what I paid $50K for and I want it.

Look at this pleb. I'll be watching your news van ship while I farm in my various farms.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Imagine being able to make a post like this, where you've worked at a place for half of a decade, and the product they were working on when you got there still isn't released when you make this post.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I also need a dedicated luxury spaceship for transporting my champion Sataball team in.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Has :trustme: announced SC will have mech suits yet?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Mech suits would be great to help catch Sandiworms alive for trading to exotic food markets!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

How could you forget the obviously western inspiration of [COW SKULL HELMET]

These helmets are great because they constantly encapsulate everything confusing and disjointed about the SC art "style".

In not sure who the demographic for this is, but it looks like it's from some kind of doom game rather than something science fiction grim dark slash blade runner.

But if people buy it that's really all it's about. The real dream is just getting enough art assets that look pretty and encouraging people to continue buying stuff.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

colonelwest posted:

There is so much science gameplay in Star Citizen that it’s absolutely begging for a dedicated vehicle!

What the gently caress is he talking about with his NBC Stryker analogy? It’s not a science vehicle, it just has seals and filtration systems in place to help a crew survive in a contaminated environment. And “lucky enough to crew” one? Yeah I’m sure doing maintenance on one in the motor pool for endless hours each week was a blast, and the all the additional components in the NBC version made it extra fun.

This guy is just bragging that he got to sit in a Stryker one time and then trying to shoe horn that into Star Citizen.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

colonelwest posted:

Not sure if you were around back then but they already sold something really expensive for some ship that is supposed to be a dedicated science module. It also has a farm module, telescope module, and other modules I don't even recall.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14972-Research-Unbound-The-MISC-Endeavor

These modules were like $100's a piece of I recall.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Has :trustme: announced SC will have mech suits yet?

Not sure if you're joking or not, but yes:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/citizen-spotlight/10078-Star-Citizen-Titan-Suits-amp-MyRadar-CIG-Interview

It's called a Titan suit and it's basically a Battletech Elemental.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Kosumo posted:

Mech suits would be great to help catch Sandiworms alive for trading to exotic food markets!

Not sure if this is a rip but you should be aware that CIG also invented the Sandworm in 2015 or something.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LIiMqVdbHqo

Here is live gameplay of a real game against the sandworm and not staged, totally real.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Kosumo posted:

I also need a dedicated luxury spaceship for transporting my champion Sataball team in.

Dear god, I remember reading a post several years back about a poster saying he owned an 890j and would like to bet/gamble on live matches played from his space yacht and watch them.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

5 years of kissing CR's rear end.

I bet his breath is fresh!

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

I am seriously concerned about the person with the plastic bag over their head.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

trucutru posted:

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, divorce me once, shame on — shame on you. Divorce me — you can't get divorced again.

haha the first time i laughed today, and its the evening here...so thanks for that

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Dear god, I remember reading a post several years back about a poster saying he owned an 890j and would like to bet/gamble on live matches played from his space yacht and watch them.

YES

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Is it a draw if the matches he bets on go to poo poo within the first few seconds and both crash to desktop?

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

colonelwest posted:

Really the way he phrases

quote:

lucky enough to guest crew 

He's probably some dude who went to an airshow or something and got to sit in it. Like a dude who's tells you "due to my law enforcement experience (when I went on that ride along for an hour until they kicked me out of the car)."

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Bumble He posted:

haha the first time i laughed today, and its the evening here...so thanks for that

I'll try to make you laugh - here are some jokes.

Chris Roberts.

Star Citizen.

Star Citizen backers.

Dr Derek Smart

Hobo Jared has just had the same job for five years!

Buy an Idris (you'll be able to sell it on grey market for a profit in no time).

Streetrollers rant to Chris Roberts finishing with "come at me bro".

Citizen Con.

:gary: :pgabz: :sandance: :yarg:

Ben Lesnick and diet.

Using Cryteks Cryengine to make a MMO space game.

Chris Roberts having input into in game fashion.

8 years, 300 million - still working on the flight model.

Spending money on a Hollywood cast to do motion capture in year 2 of what could be a 15 year project.

Sandi Gardner as part of that Hollywood cast.

Paying hundreds of dollars for a dinning experience and there not being enough potatoes. (The vegetable, not the internet spaceship jpg)

Anyone who has tried to make Star Citizen streaming their job.

Stay Frosty.

Taking money from Kickstarter backers to make a game and setting up 4 studios around the world with one of them in Los Angeles.

Leaving the game design industry to chase your dream in Hollywood only to be blacklisted from Hollywood and then return to the game design industry more than a decade after you've last released a game.

Goons.

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 7, 2020

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny Shiloh posted:

Join Chris Roberts, Sean Tracy, Paul Reindell (who???), and Eric Kieron Davis as they discuss the new content and tech debuting in Star Citizen Alpha 3.9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcMtPKSe2g4

I miss the dude who used to do the transcripts. What was his name?

Anyways, the citizens have summarized the thing

quote:

Unified Friends List

- In previous patches, we had separate friends databases (e.g. Spectrum and In-game friends lists were not unified)

- Real-time (if someone adds you on Spectrum, you will see that in-game in real time)

- Eventually, they will add a feature where you are told where your friends are (e.g. on Spectrum, it will say that x is in the PU, on Hurston). However, for 3.9, you will only be told whether your friends are online or not, and if they are in the PU

- In the future, they will add stuff to do with org communications and alliances

Persistence

- They will still do general wipes, however they will try to do them less

- They need i-cache to do physical inventory and other things

- After we get a full persistent universe, CIG will start to work on base building

- i-cache and sever streaming are necessary for server meshing

- While SSOCS might not have given us (the player) better performance, it drastically improved development, as developers have greatly reduced loading times and much better performance

Quality of Life

- In 3.9, they have reduced the latency/rewind time for FPS combat (Latency/Rewind Time = Areas of network predication code used to ensure positions and states are accurate and as close to real time as possible between remote clients and the server)

- FPS combat in Star Marine and the PU will be better due to reduced latency

Player Interaction System + Personal Inner Thought Improvements

- You can assign/remap keys within the inner thought system

- Shortcuts to stuff

Attachments UI

- No new things mentioned (pretty much a repeat of what was said in ISC, along with a bit of extra information)

New Babbage + Moons

- New Babbage will have changing light states based on the time of day

- Each moon took only two weeks to make (now that team is working on stuff in a different star system)

Prisons

- They have a lot more stuff planned for prisons in the future (prison fights and other fun stuff)

- Future stuff planned for bounty hunting (taking a criminal into your ship and delivering them to the nearest advocacy office)

Holy loving poo poo I am pumped as gently caress! And it's not because of this lovely beer I am drinking, nooooo. Changing goddamn lights depending on the time of day! Jesus gently caress!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

AbstractNapper posted:

I thought the law is that Crobbler can just say "yes" to any request and dream feature because he can later absolve himself. This has a confirmed precedent, where he absolved himself live on camera.

The complementing law is that everyone else can and will just say "no" when asked any of the following:
- Did the work of CInotG accelerate the development of your X product?
- Did you borrow re-usable tech from Star Citizen?
- Were you inspired by Star Citizen?
- Will Star Citizen meet all of its promises ever?
- Is Star Citizen currently a good game?
- Will Star Citizen ever enter a beta?
- Can I get a refund?

- birbs

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Kosumo posted:

I'll try to make you laugh - here are some jokes.

Chris Roberts.

Star Citizen.

Star Citizen backers.

Dr Derek Smart

Hobo Jared has just had the same job for five years!

Buy an Idris (you'll be able to sell it on grey market for a profit in no time).

Streetrollers rant to Chris Roberts finishing with "come at me bro".

Citizen Con.

:gary: :pgabz: :sandance: :yarg:

Ben Lesnick and diet.

Using Cryteks Cryengine to make a MMO space game.

Chris Roberts having input into in game fashion.

8 years, 300 million - still working on the flight model.

Spending money on a Hollywood cast to do motion capture in year 2 of what could be a 15 year project.

Sandi Gardner as part of that Hollywood cast.

Paying hundreds of dollars for a dinning experience and there not being enough potatoes. (The vegetable, not the internet spaceship jpg)

Anyone who has tried to make Star Citizen streaming their job.

Stay Frosty.

Taking money from Kickstarter backers to make a game and setting up 4 studios around the world with one of them in Los Angeles.

Leaving the game design industry to chase your dream in Hollywood only to be blacklisted from Hollywood and then return to the game design industry more than a decade after you've last released a game.

Goons.

I only got to the first joke and couldn't stop laughing.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
You know what a game supposedly about spaceships needs? Infantry mech suits, for all the times you leave your expensive dadchariot unattended. Truly a genius move, good jorb Crunchy Robots!

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Just some dads wearing bags. Godspeed , bag dads.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

SomethingJones?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hav posted:

SomethingJones?

Yeah, that's the one.

I miss Galarox too.

As the years turn into a decade (lol) this goddamn joke is still going on, zombie-like.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

trucutru posted:

Anyways, the citizens have summarized the thing

Holy loving poo poo I am pumped as gently caress! And it's not because of this lovely beer I am drinking, nooooo. Changing goddamn lights depending on the time of day! Jesus gently caress!

Lol, 8 years of development and they're implementing a friends list and guild chat "soon"

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Scruffpuff posted:

“Ask not what Chris can do for you, ask what you can do for Chris!“

- Joe F. Blobers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

SomethingJones. He really helped me out because I can't hear these things all too well.