Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

The White Dragon posted:

no surely you can banish the villager and whoever moves in to replace them will have good taste?

What it just means is that your first two starter villagers and you first three other villagers will have forever underdecorated houses and nothing can be done other than replacing them.

But if you like your first five villagers, it's a gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
ngl i don't rly care about the turnip stuff yet but i enjoy visiting ppls islands

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

What it just means is that your first two starter villagers and you first three other villagers will have forever underdecorated houses and nothing can be done other than replacing them.

Yeah, this sucks. The generic houses aren't nearly as good as the later ones, but Bunnie was one of my first 5 and I don't want to kick her out.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Mordiceius posted:

Unless you're me, then it's a gift that their houses look like houses and not like the insides of a toybox.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

track day bro! posted:

ngl i don't rly care about the turnip stuff yet but i enjoy visiting ppls islands

The beauty is you really only need to care about the turnip stuff once. I made like 5.5 million bells in one day, so I'm just done with money now.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Silver Falcon posted:

I have one of those! I can send it to you if you like.

Please do my dear <3 I never bother to interact with Wisp

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

does anyone have a normal turnip price island with some cool stuff for sale? idc about turnips but it'd be cool to do some shopping as the bulk of AC thread readers are pouncing on higher turnip price islands

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

incoherent posted:

Hey goons, got 600+ a turnup. Is it a bad ideal to post my dodo code here?

Can you PM it to me or post it in the discord? Or he’ll just post it here. I need to make some money!

LonelyMudkip
Jul 19, 2016

Opening up for a bit! Southern hemisphere, midday, native cherries, currently raining stopped raining. I'll be mostly AFK doing other stuff.

- Kicks is here, not much of note except visual-punk boots
- Able's have the matching visual-punk dress, an awesome tiger-face tee dress, firefighter's hats, 3d glasses, acid wash jeans and some other stuff
- Nook's Cranny has a pink portable record player, a stand mixer, an anatomy model and a go board. Flowers are red/white roses, lillies and mums. Turnips are garbage, sorry
- I've got 4 spare fossils on the beach left of the airport, Anomalocaris, Eusthenopteron, Left Megalo Side, Brachio Skull. Please only take what you need!

Code: nope

LonelyMudkip fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 8, 2020

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Super No Vacancy posted:

someone made a mean post earlier about me being a rotten turnip

If you have ants crawling all over you that's a compliment imo

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Thanks guys, i've sent my code to everyone who's askin. I've been open all day and crashed my switch twice posting it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Chris Pistols posted:

It's a joke, my loves.

Tell that to all the bells sitting in my inventory right now. :colbert:

Thanks, incoherent! You're the best!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is it just the first two villagers that dont upgrade their house or is it the first five? i had to furnish their houses and they put the apple TV in there and poo poo

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

LastGoodBoy posted:

The beauty is you really only need to care about the turnip stuff once. I made like 5.5 million bells in one day, so I'm just done with money now.

I get it cuz I've just started building my first non poo poo bridge and why the gently caress is it so expensive, but I feel like if I end up getting so much money already I'll just get burned out quicker with it idk. Also Nintendo are monsters making me have to wake up on a Sunday morning to buy turnips!

Also I've been playing since launch and I've only ever had two special islands from nook miles tickets.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
If I go to sell my turnips to a town that has a clock that is out of sync with mine (IE they are saying it is 2 hours earlier than my town even if we were on the same time zone) does that kill of the turnips?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

incoherent posted:

Thanks guys, i've sent my code to everyone who's askin. I've been open all day and crashed my switch twice posting it.

PMs :)

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..
I have been eighth in line for the big money for nineteen minutes and I am so scared this thing is busted and I'm gonna miss my shot, someone please tell my sympathetic nervous system that it's gonna be okay.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'm starting to think a lot of the design aspects of this Animal Crossing are very bad/stupid

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

incoherent posted:

Can I get a code as well? I really wanna help my friend out as it's his first AC

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

CK07 posted:

I have been eighth in line for the big money for nineteen minutes and I am so scared this thing is busted and I'm gonna miss my shot, someone please tell my sympathetic nervous system that it's gonna be okay.

It kicked me out twice today when I was like 3rd in the queue, after waiting multiple hours each time.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

If I go to sell my turnips to a town that has a clock that is out of sync with mine (IE they are saying it is 2 hours earlier than my town even if we were on the same time zone) does that kill of the turnips?

No. That's how you make the big bucks.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
What is the best way to get acpatterns custom designs into your game? The app itself seems to require you to scan one QR code, upload it to the switch online app, then download it to your game, then repeat, which is an insanely slow process? Surely this isn't the intended way to get these in, right?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

No, traveling to another person's island will not spoil your turnips no matter how out of sync their time is with yours. You can visit a time traveler's island and still be OK.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

tildes posted:

What is the best way to get acpatterns custom designs into your game? The app itself seems to require you to scan one QR code, upload it to the switch online app, then download it to your game, then repeat, which is an insanely slow process? Surely this isn't the intended way to get these in, right?

*gestures broadly at the number of steps anything in this game takes*

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Built up the island in the center of the map to give my monster statue a mountain from which to over see his domain.

https://twitter.com/CercueilSA/status/1247684380362862592

Should also make the fly-ins more scenic, since that's the first spot you see on your way in.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Anyone have any of the boxing ring and/or any science related stuff I can touch? I'm trying to build a backyard wrestling arena and a mad science lab in my basement but I'm depressingly short on tools

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
e: nm, misread

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..

RCarr posted:

It kicked me out twice today when I was like 3rd in the queue, after waiting multiple hours each time.

:negative: I need this money to support Sable! If they just had one more pair of claws, she could rest a little, just a little, at long last. Ever since that no-good sister of theirs ran for the hills, it's been nothing but pricked fingers and backaches, bent over that cursed machine for endless hours, endless days, listening to that dullard Mabel prattle on and on about how simply ~lovely~ all the happy animals look, clad in Sable's sweat and blood as they walk free, free, through the door...

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Vandar posted:

Tell that to all the bells sitting in my inventory right now. :colbert:

Thanks, incoherent! You're the best!

DAAAAAAAAMN!!!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Anyone have any of the boxing ring and/or any science related stuff I can touch? I'm trying to build a backyard wrestling arena and a mad science lab in my basement but I'm depressingly short on tools

I've got a chemistry set thing and a chalkboard with science on it, if you want?

e: to touch, that is, they're mine, I need them

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaa how am I supposed to fish down under with people hitting the drat minus button?!

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

incoherent posted:

Can I jump on that train of requesting a code? Got a bunch of turnips burning a hole in my pocket.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

incoherent posted:

i'd love to flip some turnips, pm me?

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

incoherent posted:

With my newfound knowledge, I'd like to hop on this train

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

incoherent posted:

Ooh, can I get in on this as well?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is a turnip thread already planned or are we supposed to still PM oddium?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

stop cockblocking us trying to fish in the rainy southern hemisphere!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

LastGoodBoy posted:

you need to make 10 mil for that last achievement so u aint out of the turnip mines just yet

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I have a Future-tech wall and a skeleton that you can have, and I can order an anatomical model, hamster cage, and red wrestling ring corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Still trying to get into Tenel but Talia/LODGE NORT have both been taking up spots for 30+ minutes. Guys, there's like an hour to go, what are you doing?