Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Bouncing this turd could cost you your job (and insurance) it he puts up a stink, and I can assure you that he would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i'm the displayed dog tags

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

Hey dude welcome to the America the "PC police" was trying to tell people not to tolerate.

Also lol at throwing a sale out there door

I work at a competitor and have had to do it or lay down a warning a few times. Granted, our customer service department has more of a spine and has been known to tell people that if they keep throwing a tantrum like a 2 year old, they'll get treated like a 2 year old. :v:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

moths posted:

Bouncing this turd could cost you your job (and insurance) it he puts up a stink, and I can assure you that he would.

Yeah, Autozone doesn't give a gently caress unless they're actively breaking the law...if even then.

And at $12/hr most employees aren't putting their jobs/lives on the line starting poo poo with people. They just want to go home after work, maybe have some conversations about cars with people first.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Who's worse, Cold Warriors like this guy or Internet Veterans with real deployments to Kuwait? They both seem to be just as racist.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

Who's worse, Cold Warriors like this guy or Internet Veterans with real deployments to Kuwait? They both seem to be just as racist.

anyone anyone who SERVED but has an inferiority complex. Wife's grandfather claimed that he was in the navy on board a ship that was in combat along with wining a boxing tournament on the ship but after he died it came out that he was a merchant marine. I'm gonna do a poor job at telling this but I remember hearing a joke about the reason we last vietnam is you talk to vets and everyone was special forces and no one was in logistics.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A friend's dad claimed he was some variety of operator in Vietnam. It later turned out that he never served in anything and just abandoned his family for a few years, and no one really knows where he was.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Casimir Radon posted:

A friend's dad claimed he was some variety of operator in Vietnam. It later turned out that he never served in anything and just abandoned his family for a few years, and no one really knows where he was.

That’s actually the perfect cover for a MACV-SOG operator, especially if they were doing the work in Laos or Cambodia. It’s very well known that the most elite warriors frequently have classified or redacted service records to mask their real activities, like that guy we all work with who was definitely a part of DEVGRU and totally took a bullet meant for Obama when he came to visit in Afghanistan but can’t show his DD-214 because the DOD shredded his records.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
You mean Reagan. None of those dudes would take a bullet for Obama, they'd let it ride to save the Republic.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Hell, even if a soldier was on the DASR (or whatever the Navy/AF equivalent is), they would still have a DD-214. It doesn’t make your entire existence a secret.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Casimir Radon posted:

It was jail

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Seriously you'd be surprised at how many people are like "yeah I had an uncle who disappeared for a few years back in the 70s. Turns out he was in prison"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I wouldn't doubt it was jail, but nobody knows for sure. She cut him out of her life 10 years ago, so he wasn't invited to the wedding, and will never meet his grandkids. Several years ago he was allowed to stay in a deceased family member's home on the understanding that he'd keep up the property. He did a lovely job at that and was subletting to sketchy people which was explicitly not supposed to do, so the rest of the family kicked him out.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

TO THE POSTER THAT DARES
TO DEBATE THIS WARM GALE
BEWARE OF FOUL WEATHER
TOWARD MADNESS, SET SAIL

Toshokan posted:

So that means that anyone who would use…a folding stock on an AK, piston AR, or any other gun…is a Nazi?

Deathy McDeath posted:

Hell, even if a soldier was on the DASR (or whatever the Navy/AF equivalent is), they would still have a DD-214. It doesn’t make your entire existence a secret.

Exactly. What's more suspicious, no records whatsoever or bland boring DD-214 as a CS or something?

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Fake veterans: I was in special forces/ the Marines.
Actual spec forces veterans: I was in the military and that's it.
Actual veterans: I was in the military and let me tell you all about how horrid that poo poo was.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I straight up talk to old war Hawks like children being selfish.

Had a shame on you talk when we hosed over the Kurds (never forget that shame) with some counter clerk at O'Reilly's talking out of his rear end.

I didn't want to make a scene but it was just.... America's hosed up. I just feel like people sleep too easy at night.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

A White Guy posted:

Fake veterans: I was in special forces/ the Marines.
Actual veterans: I was in the military and let me tell you all about how horrid that poo poo was.

Guys could pretend they were an admin clerk or whatever, and nobody would bat an eye, but someone who would lie about being in the military is exactly the kind of person who would never admit to being a water dog.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
poo poo, I was infantry but if anyone asks me what I did in the military I just say I did paperwork. Stops any further questions.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRCLHBhZPQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLVWEYUqGew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn-TXN0b6Bg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0EiV423j0M

:rip:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

A White Guy posted:

Don't you yanks have a problem lately with poo poo-talking jabronis passing BUD/S and ruining the whole 'quiet professional' nature of the job?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

yup. my mom and sis and i have been trading songs all night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB2E6RX7W44

rip in power

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Mister Speaker posted:

Don't you yanks have a problem lately with poo poo-talking jabronis passing BUD/S and ruining the whole 'quiet professional' nature of the job?

Pretty sure the last part of Hell Week is now writing the first chapter of your autobiography.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Do you pass or fail if you eat the crayons

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmjnQjRvPUQ

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZogciFl-udY

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Mister Speaker posted:

SEALs were always a community of braggarts and war criminals.

The quiet professionals are the SF

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Mister Speaker posted:

oh only since 1990 or thereabouts

The Gardenator
May 4, 2007

Yams Fan
When I was a kid, my dad used to talk about being a cook in the army, I was convinced he was in special forces after watching Under Siege.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
You can probably point the SEAL douchebaggery back to "Demo" Dick Marcinko and his "totally not real life but close enough to actual events I took part in that are classified that I got sued by the government" books about how loving bad rear end he is.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

Arc Light posted:

Guys could pretend they were an admin clerk or whatever, and nobody would bat an eye, but someone who would lie about being in the military is exactly the kind of person who would never admit to being a water dog.

Yeah, that applies here in Finland too. The drunk people in their fifties who boast loudly in bars about the stuff they supposedly did in the army always insist the were paratroopers or sissi (our ranger-like people). And while we have a very large portion of an age group who serve in the army most just do their time in and don't make noise about it. If you told someone you were in the infantry or you were a clerk in the supply troops no-one would bat an eyelid, but the braggers always have to be special.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

That's like the entire point of bragging

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

A Bad Poster posted:

You can probably point the SEAL douchebaggery back to "Demo" Dick Marcinko and his "totally not real life but close enough to actual events I took part in that are classified that I got sued by the government" books about how loving bad rear end he is.

I used to think his book(s) were so cool when I was in middle/high school, and gospel truth to boot. More embarassing than my haircut and earring from that era

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

heh heh I remember swiping Red Cell off my dad's bookshelf when I was 9 and that night I both found out my grandpa died and learned the F-word was a word

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

RIP to a real one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-SKCWXoryU&t=117s

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

I regret not forking over for tickets when he came through town last...

https://youtu.be/OlofnxJxMIQ

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

that's.... that is lots to take in...

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones