Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

President Ark posted:

i'm going to assume you're being sincere, in which case you should probably know that alt-F4 is a windows operating system-level command that forces the currently active window to quit, and telling the unsuspecting to press it while playing a video game is a joke so old i think cavemen were doing it to each other

Did you read the text below the image? Also, Eve Online has Alt+F4 as a valid keyboard shortcut, since they intercept that shortcut and prevent the OS from seeing it somehow. Just odd that they'd have it as a random message but still have it as a way of force closing the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Luceid posted:

Noob down.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Terraria mod browser seems to be down, so I checked the forums and

quote:

Jopo's words: The Mod Browser and tModLoader bot are down for the foreseeable future. There is no use asking when it'll be up, it'll be fixed once I figure it out. In the meantime, there is a mirror that is available down below. After downloading a .tmod file from this site, place the .tmod file into your Mods folder (alternatively on Windows you can automatically install a .tmod file just by double clicking on the .tmod file after downloading)

Never manually downloaded them before.. fun.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ambaire posted:

Did you read the text below the image? Also, Eve Online has Alt+F4 as a valid keyboard shortcut, since they intercept that shortcut and prevent the OS from seeing it somehow. Just odd that they'd have it as a random message but still have it as a way of force closing the game.

Because it's funnny when people still fall for it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ambaire at this point there is literally nothing you can say that gets you away from the equivalent of yelling at a child for catching you with 'guess what?' 'what?' 'chicken butt'

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Ambaire, just imagine it was a trap in TC4s research system, you'll feel better.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Time to unbookmark this thread for a few months.. all the childish idiots seem to have flocked here.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

StealthArcher posted:

Ambaire, just imagine it was a trap in TC4s research system, you'll feel better.
What's TC4? Is there some terraria mod with a research system in it I'm not aware of?

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Ambaire posted:

Time to unbookmark this thread for a few months.. all the childish idiots seem to have flocked here.

Watch out for Kitava! That fight's a doozy!

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Ambaire posted:

:jerkbag:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Ambaire posted:

imagine getting this mad about alt-f4 in 2020 as an '09 reg

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
This is magical

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Patware posted:

imagine getting this mad about alt-f4 in 2020 as an '09 reg

I hope 1.4 includes the url for a goatse rehost as one of the title bars.

Then, and only then, will Terraria evolve from "great" to "perfect."

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Ambaire posted:

lol

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Theres a lot of good reasons to get mad about stuff related to games: horrible drm, devs being terrible people, the game breaking and deleting your save files. Getting caught by a alt+f4 joke though? that's so old its a new one again.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I was not expecting a meltdown of the ages in the Terraria thread in TYOL 2020.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Ambaire posted:

Double-press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to bookmark a thread, otherwise it will come back

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

I was not expecting a meltdown of the ages in the Terraria thread in TYOL 2020.

it's not a meltdown of the ages unless he comes back in here one last time to REALLY tell us what for

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Not even much of a meltdown, just a double self own.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

take a look at my meltdown. it’s the only one i’ve got

not much of a meltdown. i never seem to get a lot

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/JamesRobertBenn/status/1247934897639108612

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I've been tricked before, I don't believe them until it drops.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Peachfart posted:

I've been tricked before, I don't believe them until it drops.

To be absolutely fair, the autumnal equinox is in September. :v:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

which summer

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

DoubleNegative posted:

To be absolutely fair, the autumnal equinox is in September. :v:

And for the southern hemisphere the next end of summer is March 2021

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/a-quick-update-on-journeys-end-timing.87247/

Loki posted:

It seems like we are all finding ourselves with a lot more time inside to play games lately. Re-Logic has noticed, and we are pleased to announce that due to the current state of things in the world, we are pushing harder than ever to get Journey's End out to you within the next couple of months! In order to make this possible we will likely have to release localization and Mac/Linux stability in an future patch, but we are also planning to include the ability to load a 1.3.5 version of the game using a branch build in Steam – perfect for mod players as well.

The team will also be going over the thousands of entries for the Journey’s End Vanity contest over the next couple of weeks as we try to whittle down to our finalists! There is a chance these won’t be ready for launch, but we will get them in with the postlaunch updates – so don’t worry!

So it might be for sooner than expected, then.

I do like the plan to keep 1.3.5 as a branch build in order not to break mod compatibility with the update.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sorry, typo, he meant “the end of summers,” as in, the next ice age, or possibly the end of the world. The latter of those may actually be pretty quick here, so there’s that!

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

https://twitter.com/Demilogic/status/1249728004827250693

May 16th

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

awesome

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Good to get a hard date. Though for me the real date will be once my essential mods are all updated. Even so, it should be a lot earlier than I was expecting.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

YESSSSSSSSSS

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Wish it was a month sooner so I can really enjoy it during the outbreak, but I'll take it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Freakazoid_ posted:

Wish it was a month sooner so I can really enjoy it during the outbreak, but I'll take it.

About that...

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
gently caress yeah! Looking forward to May now. :toot:

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Hell fuckin yes.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
woo, time to buy desktop version and then i'll probably wait to play until that short time has passed!

Subjunctive posted:

About that...

*giggling maniacally*

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Freakazoid_ posted:

buckle up, buddy

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Does anybody know exactly what it's adding? The only thing i can remember is being able to replace blocks and walls and furniture withouth aving to pick them up and replace them, just swapping Wood for Marble or whatever

which is a very good change because I tend to just make patchworks of whatever I have a lot of when expanding my base and then it'll be a huge pain in the rear end to fix it up, so I just don't

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Zereth posted:

Does anybody know exactly what it's adding? The only thing i can remember is being able to replace blocks and walls and furniture withouth aving to pick them up and replace them, just swapping Wood for Marble or whatever

There's a lot of stuff. The Terraria wiki has a list: https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_features

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Nice, I haven't gotten too far with the character/world that I just made so maybe I'll just wait a month before picking that guy up again.